Kingdom Come: Deliverance

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DocDarm

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by DocDarm »

I'm about 12 hours in. Along with the Witcher 3 and Kerbal Space Program, one of the best games I've ever played or seen in my life. Loving it. I have no problems with the same game or sword fights. Highly recommended. Don't let a minor issue like to save game bother you. I'm a busy professional with two kids, and the save game mechanic isn't hindering my ability to play at all.

Cutscenes are long, but necessary to immerse you in the story. Parts of it are as good as a movie. With the motion capture, dialogue, and writing, I'm loving the cutscenes, especially one early in the game where you craft something with your father. Heart moving.

I'm running it on highest settings on a powerful rig. When you walk, plants Glide out of your way. Wildlife appears real. Parts of the game are photo-realistic.
Against everything bad.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Glad you are enjoying it :D. As I noted, I'm burned out on the big quests, but there are so many small jobs to do. Right now I'm going up into the hills to recover some birds... no, really, birds, tweet tweet and all that. No job too small for Henry!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Greenman Gaming as a 20% off coupon available to use on this game (and others right now). I watched a ton of videos on the game and am going to pick up - it just looks so interesting and fun - though I'll probably wait until some patches come along to fix some of the bugs. I do wish there were a couple of things in the the game that they had to drop - horse combat and cross bows. A medieval RPG without horse combat and jousting is just really missing something important. Wish it was there, but the rest of the game looks so good I'm willing to overlook that.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm going to hold off playing anymore since I've run into a quest that can't be completed (mentioned in the spoiler below) because it causes the game to hang. It's been reported a bunch of times so hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch, whenever that is.
Spoiler:
It's the Three Nightingale quest; not sure if that's the official name, but you're going to capture three nightingales
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grifman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm Greenman Gaming as a 20% off coupon available to use on this game (and others right now). I watched a ton of videos on the game and am going to pick up - it just looks so interesting and fun - though I'll probably wait until some patches come along to fix some of the bugs. I do wish there were a couple of things in the the game that they had to drop - horse combat and cross bows. A medieval RPG without horse combat and jousting is just really missing something important. Wish it was there, but the rest of the game looks so good I'm willing to overlook that.
Hmmm. And where might this 20% coupon be found?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Holman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:14 pm
Grifman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm Greenman Gaming as a 20% off coupon available to use on this game (and others right now). I watched a ton of videos on the game and am going to pick up - it just looks so interesting and fun - though I'll probably wait until some patches come along to fix some of the bugs. I do wish there were a couple of things in the the game that they had to drop - horse combat and cross bows. A medieval RPG without horse combat and jousting is just really missing something important. Wish it was there, but the rest of the game looks so good I'm willing to overlook that.
Hmmm. And where might this 20% coupon be found?
Apologies, it’s 18% off and pops right up if you are a member and sign in.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Just found it. Thanks!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Might be a little buggy. WARNING I DO NOT KNOW IF THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS VIDEO.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Boots, boots, my kingdom for some boots!

Https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-de ... them-back/
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

LOL
-mf
naednek

Post by naednek »

only watched the first 4 minutes of the video, but this guy is a bit off. Load times are annoying, but it's no where near 1 minute. I haven't seen texture pop-ins but I have seen 2 NPC's meshed together. I haven't seen texture missing (like the puddle) and I haven't spent any time looking at my shadow to check if I have a neck...

I think some of this is due to his system maybe not being powerful enough.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Grifman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:54 pm Boots, boots, my kingdom for some boots!

Fantastic.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Meal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:47 pm
Grifman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:54 pm Boots, boots, my kingdom for some boots!

Fantastic.
Ya that had me LoL'n. I love games where that can happen. You know they're good.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I came to a place in the game where I was hauling a lot of stuff. I mean.....alot.
I was weighed down by all of my looting and could hardly move. I had no place to store things yet, so I tried dumping 1 item on the ground to see if it would be there when I came back.
It was, so I unloaded a crap ton of stuff and went about my quest.
Unfortunately, the game decided to throw in a cut scene shortly there after and whisked me away, leaving all of my stuff behind.

I am going to try and make it back to the spot, but it's kinda far off and I'm not sure if anything was that valuable.
Still, I'm a bit peeved.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Picked this up against my better judgement earlier this week, and minor bugs aside, it's a lot of fun.

I personally enjoy the depth and realism of a lot of the mechanics they added, but I can see how they would rub some people the wrong way.

I'm also enjoying the story a lot more than I thought I would. The characters are well done, and well written, and they do a great job of exploring the 15th century world they created.

And of course the world design and graphics are flat out amazing. You can tell the developers really did their homework into how 15th century villages and castles look.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 pm Stop talking the game up. Please talk more about the annoyances and frustrations.
I feel the need to reiterate. I'll get it eventually but too much awesome on my plate at this point to add more.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:44 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 pm Stop talking the game up. Please talk more about the annoyances and frustrations.
I feel the need to reiterate. I'll get it eventually but too much awesome on my plate at this point to add more.
:lol: Sorry about that. Um... the elbows of the barmaid I banged in the game last night were waaaay too pointy. 1/5 stars.
Last edited by Sepiche on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I, too, would like to come up with a list of compelling reasons why RPG players shouldn't immediately purchase this game and have as much fun with it as I have over the past three days:

There are healing potions in a game without magic.

See, that was easy.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

And apparently in a poverty stricken environment, where there are beggars every other step and thieves, cutthroats, liars and pickpockets abound, you can leave valuable stuff laying around in the middle of the road for days and it will still be there when you eventually go back to get it.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Rip

Post by Rip »

I was going to pick this up, then I took an arrow to the knee.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Meal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:12 pm I, too, would like to come up with a list of compelling reasons why RPG players shouldn't immediately purchase this game and have as much fun with it as I have over the past three days:

There are healing potions in a game without magic.

See, that was easy.
Nah, having alchemy just makes it sound even more like a modern Darklands. Now it's even more appealing.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Anyone else feel like Henry is the spitting image of Joel McHale ?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 pm Nah, having alchemy just makes it sound even more like a modern Darklands. Now it's even more appealing.
It feels a bit like Darklands had a baby with Mount and Blade (on the best days).

My least favorite part so far:
"Henry, take the key to the armory since you are in your small clothes after being abducted and beaten. That way, some of my guards can happen upon you in there (right after I gave you the key and my permission) and they can arrest you, taking away the coin your Lord just gave you and the armor and sword you just picked up on my request. Then you can go off to an attack with just about nothing, scrounging fresh kills on the battlefield for bits of armor and weaponry. Enjoy."

But I like it. Its like dating a crazy woman in a different country with little language in common: you cannot be sure what is going to happen next, but you will not be bored.

Many of my cousins and one of my best friends are Czech by heritage so this has been a neat way for me to see some of that history enlivened (in a mini-series kind of way).
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I really hate the horse controls in this game. I understand why they did it this way (so the rider could look in a different direction from that of the horse), but moving the horse with WASD and not mouselook is just horrible - at least for me. This is why I avoid twin stick shooters because I just can’t use WASD very well at all. I can’t get out of the opening village because I can’t steer my damn horse. It would be nice if I could have at least been able to practice before having to ride for my life. It’s kind of hard to get used to this when I can’t go more than a few yards and get killed and have to start over.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

One thing that helps me with the horse controls is to shift my left hand so that my index finger is on D (rather than F). Now my middle finger W's, and I've got dedicated fingers for A- & D-ing. (For that escape sequence, you need to leave your pinky on the L-shift the whole time.) It still took three tries to complete the escape sequence, but I had no chance until I shifted my hand over. YMMV.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Shift your fingers so that your index finger is on D rather than F? You mean you don't always has your first three fingers on D (index), W (second), and A (ring) when playing a game? My typing position and my gaming position are not the same and never have been.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For horse control with the keyboard, you can also use the arrow keys. I do that sometimes so I can let my left hand concentrate on the Lshift tap and hold. Also of course, at walk or trot, your horse will tend to stay on a given path without needing steering input. But in the long run, it becomes second nature with practice.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm Shift your fingers so that your index finger is on D rather than F? You mean you don't always has your first three fingers on D (index), W (second), and A (ring) when playing a game? My typing position and my gaming position are not the same and never have been.
Maybe in old-school games where you use fewer than 10 total keys on the keyboard. But with modern games that involve mashing up to 104 keys (generally at the same time), I leave my hands at the home row ready.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

:)

Any game that involve rapid access to more than 10 keys, alt, control, shift, and perhaps a caps lock toggle is something that I'm going to skip!
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:56 pm :)

Any game that involve rapid access to more than 10 keys, alt, control, shift, and perhaps a caps lock toggle is something that I'm going to skip!
Noob :P
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 pm For horse control with the keyboard, you can also use the arrow keys. I do that sometimes so I can let my left hand concentrate on the Lshift tap and hold. Also of course, at walk or trot, your horse will tend to stay on a given path without needing steering input. But in the long run, it becomes second nature with practice.
Thanks, was able to escape barely (vision was very bloody at the end). Using arrow keys to steer made all the difference.

So, now how do I wait. I missed the instructions on how to do that because I was focusing on what the guy was saying on the castle wall.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm
Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:56 pm :)

Noob :P
Yep! :D
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Grifman wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:43 pm So, now how do I wait. I missed the instructions on how to do that because I was focusing on what the guy was saying on the castle wall.
"T" to pass time.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Grifman wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:54 pm I really hate the horse controls in this game. I understand why they did it this way (so the rider could look in a different direction from that of the horse), but moving the horse with WASD and not mouselook is just horrible - at least for me. This is why I avoid twin stick shooters because I just can’t use WASD very well at all. I can’t get out of the opening village because I can’t steer my damn horse. It would be nice if I could have at least been able to practice before having to ride for my life. It’s kind of hard to get used to this when I can’t go more than a few yards and get killed and have to start over.
I just use my Xbox controller when riding my horse and mouse and keyboard for everything else
naednek

Post by naednek »

ya the controller works best, in fact I play the whole game that way.

I keep snickering at Meal's revalation :P That's the standard config for finger placement ADWS
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Eh I found the horse controls fine. The witcher controlled worse imho. I have about 10-12 hours into this game and I really like the music, story telling and world that they have built. I do feel an urge to shelve it and wait for a few patches though. I ran into more than a few annoying bugs so far. One where I couldn't get through doors and had to reload. Another where the stairs wouldn't let me go up them without hopping. None of it really kills the game, but I certainly feel like this is more like beta than a final game. You shouldn't have issues with basic things like walking up stairs and going through doors. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:44 pm You shouldn't have issues with basic things like walking up stairs and going through doors. :lol:
You obviously never played Daggerfall.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well that's not a good benchmark for quality. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I hate asking these dumb questions but how do I use the bow? I have it out, and I thought one of the mouse buttons would have me aim and draw the bow but nothing doing. The list of controls says nothing about the bow other than to hit the "2" key and google talks alot about aiming the bow but nothing about what keys control the bow. Any help? Thanks.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

You also have to equip arrows as well as a bow.