The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote:
Daehawk wrote:This Yen Triss thing. I hate to hurt Yen because we've been off and on for 20 years as she says. But I like Triss since I didnb't read the books.

I just did the djinn quest with her and am at the choice of telling Im sorry its done and over ort saying I love her too. I told Triss to stay and I loved her and we stayed at the light house. This would ruin all that wouldn't it?

hate to hurt Yen even if she is a bitchy overbearing cold hearted....ehh so pretty...ok Triss. Guess I have to hurt Yen here. She'll think it was the binding.
Yes if you advance things with Yen at this point
Spoiler:
Geralt ends the game alone
Spoiler:
Yeah, the big no-no as I understand it is telling both of them that you love them (Triss on the dock, Yen following the Djinn quest). If you do that then they pretend to start a three way and then ditch you, and you end the game as a bachelor.

You can however plow both of them, you just can't tell them that you love them. Which is the important life lesson from the game.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

El Guapo wrote:
Daehawk wrote:From reading up on it and looking at the sets I think my own school fits me...movement plus signs. So will do that after Im totally done on Skellige. Im about to look for a wrecked ship with Yen now. Man is she uncaring and bitchy. Beautiful but glad I chose Triss and stayed true.
Yeah, I had the exact same reaction. At least from how she's presented in Witcher 3, Yen seems perfectly happy to trample innocent lives and let the world burn as long as the people she cares about are ok. Whereas Triss is an all around kind and generous person. So...didn't hesitate about going for Triss.
Having read (several of) the books,
Spoiler:
Yen isn't a 'good guy' character. She's an evil bitch that just happens to love Geralt due to ending up on the wrong side of a curse.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I really can't abide all this Yenn trashing. It's really bothering me to a degree I wouldn't have thought possible. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I also heard that Yenn does not abide by local health and safety ordinances in the preparation of food.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:angry-cussingwhite:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:I really can't abide all this Yenn trashing. It's really bothering me to a degree I wouldn't have thought possible. :D
I will say, as far as bits in a video games go... she has some of my favorites.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

El Guapo wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
Daehawk wrote:This Yen Triss thing. I hate to hurt Yen because we've been off and on for 20 years as she says. But I like Triss since I didnb't read the books.

I just did the djinn quest with her and am at the choice of telling Im sorry its done and over ort saying I love her too. I told Triss to stay and I loved her and we stayed at the light house. This would ruin all that wouldn't it?

hate to hurt Yen even if she is a bitchy overbearing cold hearted....ehh so pretty...ok Triss. Guess I have to hurt Yen here. She'll think it was the binding.
Yes if you advance things with Yen at this point
Spoiler:
Geralt ends the game alone
Spoiler:
Yeah, the big no-no as I understand it is telling both of them that you love them (Triss on the dock, Yen following the Djinn quest). If you do that then they pretend to start a three way and then ditch you, and you end the game as a bachelor.

You can however plow both of them, you just can't tell them that you love them. Which is the important life lesson from the game.
Uh oh. Looks like things aren't going to turn out so well for me. I figured playing Geralt as Jack Tripper from Three's Company would have repercussions, but I was hoping for the best.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It just means you can keep your options open. Yen and Triss aren't the only women in the multiverse.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote:It just means you can keep your options open. Yen and Triss aren't the only women in the multiverse.
Especially not Yenn, who is the worst. #YennIsTheWorst
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, there are plenty of other girls in the game that Geralt can plow. Especially in the expansions.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I looked in my stash in Skellige and found my breast piece of Kear Mordin armor. its all I seem to have. Im on Ugly baby quest now so will decide what to do.

Dont have the expansions it seems. Just the 16 or so free things they put out. Think I pre ordered. Got the metal case and such.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant upgrade my armor or wep now because I need a monster egg. Ive killed about 50 harpies and NO egg at all to render int oa monster egg. Ive gotten feathers, talons, and mutagens. I dont know where else to ge tan egg. I cant find a monster nest to kill thats left and I see no forktails or anything.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Found this note just now.

Enlarge Image
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Heh, good one. I remember that quest. What did you do with the guy?
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well as usual it was one of those no right way to win Witcher things. I let him go. They did try to kill him and Im tired of being short changed too. But he did go too far and has done it before so will again. But hey I got a cool sword I dont need from it :)
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Daehawk wrote:Well as usual it was one of those no right way to win Witcher things. I let him go. They did try to kill him and Im tired of being short changed too. But he did go too far and has done it before so will again. But hey I got a cool sword I dont need from it :)
"Sometimes, heads just roll."
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I just started playing again, picking up where I left off. My god I never get anywhere. I get so easily sidetracked into all the fun random things. That's great and all, but then 10 hours later I realize I haven't moved the story forward at all. If I ever finish this game I will hold a parade. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Nothing says "I really care about rescuing your husband from that monster den" like going down to the nearest bar and playing Gwent for two days straight. "Yeah, the uh, monster, uh, ate him by the time I got there. I killed the monster. Now where's my money?"
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Final Trial quest
Spoiler:
So those 3 trolls there at the rock circle. They mention something about shiny good rocks at the keep but dont go get them because we live there. Is there no way to tell them they can go get the rocks? I didn't kill them no thank to Lambert.
OMG I just did the drinking thing with them. I laughed and laughed at that part. So damn funny. And that bonnet hahaha. Wish there had been more of that in the game like with Dandelion and the dwarf.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Daehawk wrote:Final Trial quest
Spoiler:
So those 3 trolls there at the rock circle. They mention something about shiny good rocks at the keep but dont go get them because we live there. Is there no way to tell them they can go get the rocks? I didn't kill them no thank to Lambert.
OMG I just did the drinking thing with them. I laughed and laughed at that part. So damn funny. And that bonnet hahaha. Wish there had been more of that in the game like with Dandelion and the dwarf.
Yeah, seriously one of the best parts in the game.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Witcher 3 is one of those games I love so much that I hate to finish it. Im at the end now and I keep trying to put it off. Such a wonderful game and I doubt we'll get another one. Sad. But I cant just stop and leave it on my drive forever. Im kinda curious as to where all those people I sent to our keep are at. Im guessing something will happen and they will show up.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

They sure will. And it will be awesome.

Also, pro tip: that's not the end. You've still got a good amount of plowing to do.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

HAHAHAHAHA that phone call! I feel sorry for that little Uma guy though. Hope he makes it. I think he is cute.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Hints have already been dropped about a new Witcher game

from Mar. 31
But what about a new, proper The Witcher game? When one investor pressed CD Projekt RED’s CEO Michal Kicinski about it, Kicinski had this to say:

“The Witcher was designed as a trilogy. Trilogy cannot have a fourth part, however we like that world very much. We have invested 15 years of our lives and loads of money into it and we will probably think about it at some point. But please consider us as rational people, we sometimes have weird ideas, but overall our thinking is very rational. We have full rights to The Witcher games. They are ours. We have invested enormous funds into promoting it, and it’s a very strong brand. Answer your own question :)

Kicinski concluded that CD Projekt RED has to be very careful with its words, because everything said during that conference is also heard by the gamers.

“Obviously plenty of you are gamers as well, but what we tell gamers is part of the marketing campaign, so we can’t discuss certain things even though we know them already. We cannot reveal our full hand.”

So yeah, our guess is that there will be a new The Witcher game in the near future, though you should not expect it anytime soon!

originally posted in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Im out gathering up allies. Its strikes me though that I remember telling people to go to Kear Mohrin while I was doing all the other stuff earlier in the game. I told them to go there and they'd be safe and I could use their help there later. I know for a fact I told that one blonde sorceress lass. I dont get why they aren't already there or why I need to gather more. I hope they are there later when I need them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After all these people show up is what Ive been wanting. Id like to see the Witcher keep alive and crewed. Fixed up even.

I could go for a witcher sim / merc game. Imagine being in charge of Kear Mohrin. It starts out shoddy and in disrepair as it is in the witcher 3. You are responsible for sending our witchers to do quests and help places out. In turn those places provide materials and manpower. Save a quarry and they will send you stone which you can use to repair your keep. Fix holes, reinforce walls, build totally new rooms and areas into your keep. Place witcher training rooms, archery range, dig a well. Over time you would recruit, mutate and train new witchers to extend your influence in the world. A big open world Witcher mercenary sim.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had to give it up for the night. Thought Id be done by now but seems theres a bit more to go. Playing Ciri though is a small bit of hell. She has no witcher senses, cant cast signs, and worst of all have no inventory and no way to heal. How am I supposed to battle 3 old Crones with no way to heal?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote:I had to give it up for the night. Thought Id be done by now but seems theres a bit more to go. Playing Ciri though is a small bit of hell. She has no witcher senses, cant cast signs, and worst of all have no inventory and no way to heal. How am I supposed to battle 3 old Crones with no way to heal?
She regenerates naturally, just don't get hit for a little while.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Two questions:

(1) I keep reading here and there about an estate/villa Geralt is given to develop. When does that happen? Did I miss it?

(2) I think I'm very near the end (Final Preparations quest). If I finish up the main story, will I lose the option to do all the secondary quests and those from the 2 expansions? Any reason not to finish up the main story now? I'm kind of on a roll with it, but I definitely want to make sure I can still finish other quests and the expansions.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kurth wrote:(1) I keep reading here and there about an estate/villa Geralt is given to develop. When does that happen? Did I miss it?
It is part of the Blood and Wine expansion which adds a new area.
Kurth wrote:(2) I think I'm very near the end (Final Preparations quest). If I finish up the main story, will I lose the option to do all the secondary quests and those from the 2 expansions? Any reason not to finish up the main story now? I'm kind of on a roll with it, but I definitely want to make sure I can still finish other quests and the expansions.
You can definitely do the expansions after finishing the main story. I don't know if any quests get blocked. All the stuff where you make can nice with potential allies will go away before the end. The monster hunts stick around. Not much else matters IMO.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just cant finish it right now. ive tried and tried but Im forced to play Ciri and she has no special moves other than that ghost charge and its not helping a bit. Im wearing some necklace but dont know how to use it. And my sword is doing nothing to those crones. Im fighting the 3 crones in a small space so I cant run and heal and she cant heal fast enough to keep me alive. So cant heal, cant run, and can do much damage plus theres 3 of them. Guess Ill leave it here for a while and step away.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hate leaving stuff undone so I watched a video on how to fight them and finished them off...very slowly. Took a lot of hits. I didn't get to loot them either. It goes right to Geralts fight and after that when you try to go to the crones cavern there you run into the idiots from the party and after talking to them you go to Novigrad. Guess they have nothing good..I hope.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ciri doesn't even have an inventory, so looting isn't really important.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:Ciri doesn't even have an inventory, so looting isn't really important.
Anything Ciri loots goes to Geralt's inventory.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whatever happens to that guy who challenges you to a duel as an apology to his fair lady back home? I know that I met him twice but these things usually happen in 3s and I thought Id meet him again. Either I did and forgot or he is someplace waiting on me lol. Maybe he went home. I just now even remembered him.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Daehawk wrote:Whatever happens to that guy who challenges you to a duel as an apology to his fair lady back home? I know that I met him twice but these things usually happen in 3s and I thought Id meet him again. Either I did and forgot or he is someplace waiting on me lol. Maybe he went home. I just now even remembered him.
At the very least he shows up a third time, somewhere in the lower area of Novigrad or maybe the docks.
Spoiler:
I got tired of his bullcrap so I "axii" him nicely to go away.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Concerning the Wild Hunt itself.......
Spoiler:
From the first game onward I took them to be some kind of semi supernatural hunters...like predators....they traveled from their dimension to simply hunt fighters and warriors from our realm for fun. I figured they had high strength and all than us...probably weren't human.....but never considered what they are or where they are from. So if I get this right they are simply some kind of elf from their own world? Im not up on if they are the same type elf in Garalts world or not or why they seem to have super'ish powers. Are they just trained well or what. I dont get it. Frankly Im kinda disappointed in what I think they are. Kinda a let down. Just super warriors. I did get a kick out of seeing other worlds and what was happening to them. Their own world seemed just like ours so I dont get why they do what they do. Id almost think it was all because of Ciri but they are a legend LONG before Ciri was around.
Also, concerning Radovid. What did you guys do. Honestly I cant remember a thing about him in the first two games. Even after reading it all online I barely remember having the girl go with the Viceroy guy or whatever instead of Radovid. Im at the point in a quest where I either choose to not have anything to do with it or I help assassinate him. I think taking part in it would be a fun quest thing but again Geralt is a monster slayer not a person slayer if at all possible. And if Radovid is a good king and stands against Nilfgard do I really want to get rid of him? Its more a question of honor and right than anything. the guys in the group that want him gone...other than Djykstra or friends of Geralts from other games. So it 'seems' he is on the good guy side.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Daehawk wrote:Wild Hunt
Spoiler:
From reading some of the journals and listening to their dialogue, the Wild Hunt elves' world is being consumed by the big cold (or whatever it's called) and they're holding it back via magic and trying to find another world to go to.
Daehawk wrote:Radovid
In the first game he seemed like a reasonable, intelligent dude. In the second game, he goes nuts and has Philippa's eyes scooped out. In the Wild Hunt, as you may recall, he instigates a purge of mages (and other non-humans while he's at it) and Oxenfurt university, so he's not really "good" in the dictionary sense of the word. More like a crazed, blood-thirsty tyrant. However, he's the only effective counter to Nilfgaard's expansion. Meanwhile, Nilfgaard may be an expansionistic empire and Emgyr's kind of an ass, but based on my time visiting Toussaint in "Blood and Wine", they don't seem terribly oppressive to their peaceful vassals. So, I did what I always do when it's a morally grey area - I went with what my friends thought was best, that being Vernon Roche due to past history.
Spoiler:
I helped assassinate Radovid, and then sided with Roche when things fell apart afterwards. It didn't end well for the northern kingdoms.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I hate that Dijkstra choice too Im going to have to side with Roche too. Wish Sigi wouldn't do that I kinda like him.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote:Ya I hate that Dijkstra choice too Im going to have to side with Roche too. Wish Sigi wouldn't do that I kinda like him.
Spoiler:
Yeah this was a tough choice. Ultimately I helped assassinate Radovid and sided with Roche, although thinking about it afterwards I regretted siding with Roche over Djikstra. Radovid (at least as presented in the game, not having played either of the first two) is a psycho - even while he's probably the northern kingdoms' best chance against Nilfgaard, I think Nilfgaardian rule would be preferable to Radovid.

That said, I think Djikstra is the better choice than Roche because the 'deal' that Roche and co. negotiated with Nilfgaard is pretty terrible. Basically (if I followed it right), Temeria gets some ill-defined vassal status (which the Emperor or his heir could probably gut more or less at will at some later date) in exchange for Nilfgaard getting basically the entire northern realms. I'd rather aim for an independent Redania under Djikstra (a non-insane ruler).

I will say that it was pretty stupid of Djikstra to come in and attack Roche and co. while Geralt was still there. That's what basically caused me to side with Roche, that Djikstra was attacking my friend. He should've just waited until I left and *then* attacked Roche.
Black Lives Matter.