The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Post by Daehawk »

Been reading around. Seems theres those endings plus ones for Ciri and special ways to get hers.

The Dijkstra problem:
Spoiler:
Ok. King Rad. If he lives he takes over the entire North and keeps it safe from Nilf BUT he slaughters all mages and non humans. If Dijkstra takes over he keeps Timeria and maybe the north safe but begins a bloody revenge against other rivals and keeps it under a tight fist. But the industries prosper. If Rad dies and Dij dies then Timeria is a free vassal state about to do what it wants but pays some fees I guess to Nilf.
Thats as I recall.

For Ciri:
Spoiler:
There are 3 endings that depend on what else you've done. She can live and be a witcher with you. She can die. Or she can become Empress of Nilf and be a just ruler over the entire thing.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wait...did you legit just read up on all the endings to the game before finishing it? I has a sad...that was seriously one of the greatest experiences I've had playing a game. :(

It's probably too late to say it, but you need to get out of the BioWare mentality of having the "Best" or "Right" ending for The Witcher. There's no good ending. There's no rainbows and sunshine for everyone. Even when you have what initially feels like a positive moment, there's always something - even a tiny thread - that reminds you that for someone else, things are likely not great. Embrace the grey.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive already done everything except traveling with Ciri at the end and those choices were ones I knew I was going to do too so I already had my end locked in before I finish up and go see it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess I was confused because the way I read what you wrote, it seemed like you just made the decision regarding Roche and then were suddenly looking up the game ending. Unless I am confusing things, there's a HUGE amount of game play between that decision and how the main story ends.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Finally got around to doing the High Stakes Gwent tournament at e Passaflora in Novigrad. I really like Gwent, and I think I've built a pretty decent deck. Things were going very well for me, until I had to engage in a fist fight with some racist asshat named Finneas. Toughest fight of the game for me. A-hole beat the crap out of me again and again. To make matters worse, reload times were terrible after this fight. Must have taken me 90 minutes before a finally beat him. What a stupid obstacle for the CD Project Red to put in there. Talk about an enjoyment drain . . . :evil:
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I played like one hand of Gwent and was like nope. :lol: I'll never ever never ever finish the game if I start playing that too. As it is I feel like this is an impossible task. I'm level 24 and I still have a LONG way to go. Heck I haven't even touch either DLC yet! :shock:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote:I played like one hand of Gwent and was like nope. :lol: I'll never ever never ever finish the game if I start playing that too. As it is I feel like this is an impossible task. I'm level 24 and I still have a LONG way to go. Heck I haven't even touch either DLC yet! :shock:
Yeah, my reaction was pretty much exactly the same. Maybe if I was in college I would've built a solid Gwent deck, but I barely had time to play the game as is.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I played a bit. Just dont like it and dont understand it well enough to care to collect it. I loved the game in KOTOR 1 and 2 though.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

You all don't know what you're missing. Gwent rules!! :D
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

[sorry about the double post] :oops:
Last edited by Kurth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also I hear that Yennefer loves Gwent, and she is the worst.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's not true at all. I spent a lot of time with Yennefer in this game and not once did I ever play Gwent or talk to her about it. But we all know Triss is a stand-up character:
Geralt of Rivia: I've recovered my memory, completely.
Triss Merigold: Good. That should stop people from taking advantage of you.
Geralt of Rivia: Someone's been taken advantage of me?
Triss Merigold: I have, for one.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, that's just Triss joking about having sexual relations with Geralt while knowing that he sort of had a girlfriend but was suffering from long-term memory loss. Classic Triss humor.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stop talking bad about my game wife! :P
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have 184 hours in The Witcher 3. Approximately 181 of those were playing Gwent.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

The Game of the Year edition that includes the expansions is on sale for the next few days at Steam for 50% off ($24.99). I don't have the game yet and this looks like a good point to jump in so would this be a good package to get? I mean, does it include pretty much everything?
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

ColdSteel wrote:The Game of the Year edition that includes the expansions is on sale for the next few days at Steam for 50% off ($24.99). I don't have the game yet and this looks like a good point to jump in so would this be a good package to get? I mean, does it include pretty much everything?
Yes, that's everything. And it's so worth it. It'll spoil you for other RPGs though.
Black Lives Matter
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Thanks. That sounds like a good problem to me. :D

I'm just a bit worried about my aging rig being able to handle it. It's somewhere between minimum and recommended spec so hopefully all will work okay.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm pretty much near the end of the main quest I think! I then of course have the 50-60 hours of DLC. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Got it downloaded and installed (huge download). I'm going through the tutorial now. I played the first game but not the second one so I have a lot to learn and relearn. So far the writing/dialog has been excellent. I've gotten a bit tired of cookie cutter cprgs over the years so I hope this one breaks the mold. Everyone seems to love it so I do have my hopes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not doing those addons right now. Dont own them plus the game is still on my old mechanical drive and I want it off. Im hoping when I do go back one day and reinstall it will let me have my character stuff back and start near the end or something. Not sure since Im running the GoG version on their own app. Hope it works like Steam and remembers.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So I "beat" the final boss and the damn game glitched out. So pissed off. Tried a few more times and haven't been able to beat him again. Taking a break. So f'n lame. Looked it up and it's happened to other people as well. :(

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Octavious wrote:So I "beat" the final boss and the damn game glitched out. So pissed off. Tried a few more times and haven't been able to beat him again. Taking a break. So f'n lame. Looked it up and it's happened to other people as well. :(
Put it on easy and do it?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Best...quest...evah
Spoiler:
Blood and Wine DLC quest that finds Gerald helping an old woman find the spirit that's haunting her. She brews a special potion, he drinks it, and immediately finds he's able to talk to Roach. During which I get to ask the horse why he can appear across oceans and continents at my call, but often gets stuck on fences. :lol:
Covfefe!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Reemul wrote:
Octavious wrote:So I "beat" the final boss and the damn game glitched out. So pissed off. Tried a few more times and haven't been able to beat him again. Taking a break. So f'n lame. Looked it up and it's happened to other people as well. :(
Put it on easy and do it?
Beat it today and finished up the original game. Ending gave me chills. Now on to the expansion packs! 8-) This has to be the longest RPG I have ever beaten. Don't think there's any way to see how long it took on the PS4. :(

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Looked up the potential endings and I got the one I wanted for sure. So awesome. 8-)

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Octavious wrote:Looked up the potential endings and I got the one I wanted for sure. So awesome. 8-)
Glad at least someone got better than the depressing-ass one I got.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm glad I didn't realize that the choices I made had an impact on the ending. I was just doing what I thought i should be and it worked out well. I started the DLC and got my ass handed to me by the first boss. Loaded an earlier save and I'm now going back and cleaning up some old quests I skipped and gathering armor sets.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote:I'm glad I didn't realize that the choices I made had an impact on the ending. I was just doing what I thought i should be and it worked out well. I started the DLC and got my ass handed to me by the first boss. Loaded an earlier save and I'm now going back and cleaning up some old quests I skipped and gathering armor sets.
I was happy with the ending I got, but when I looked up the endings after the game was over, I was pretty annoyed by the particular decisions that mattered.
Spoiler:
Like, apparently I was supposed to encourage Ciri to use her powers in anger to destroy that random creeper's base of operations? And I was supposed to encourage her to talk to the Lodge of Sorceresses by herself rather than coming with her like she wanted?

Fortunately she survived and became a witcher in my game, though, because I had a snowball fight with her at Kaer Morhen.

Basically most of the decisions that mattered (i.e. that helped Ciri survive her struggle with the Random Galactic Blizzard of Doom) seemed either random or were objectively poor decisions by Geralt.

Also I kind of wanted to help Ciri become Empress, but I missed that boat, because apparently I was supposed to tell her to stop by the Emperor's House before we actually dealt with the evil general posing a threat to the world. I hadn't realize that somehow that was the only possible time to go see the Emperor. I guess I should've checked his office hours before going to fight the evil general.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe if you took more advice from Yenn instead of playing hide the sausage with Triss you would have seen a much happier ending for everyone.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote:Maybe if you took more advice from Yenn instead of playing hide the sausage with Triss you would have seen a much happier ending for everyone.
I've mostly disregarded her advice ever since she recommended investing big into mortgage-backed securities in early 2008.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If a someday comes where I replay this Im going full on asshat.

Mom let her kid wander into the road and get ran over by a horse? Give her some money?,...nah off with her head for being stupid.

Guy wants to pay you $200 to kill the elderly leader of a small area nearby but by doing so it screws up the entire area around it? Hey $200 is $200 , sorry old man.

A group of people are kicking some poor woman to death but have picked her by mistake? Sorry lady but Im joining my new friends in the kicking game.

Just want to see how awful awful can be in the Witcher series :)
naednek

Post by naednek »

Witcher 3 expansion for $12.49 at GOG. I picked that up today. Now I need to find some hard drive space.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Well, I suppose the chickens have come home to roost:
Spoiler:
Yenn and Triss just really did a number on poor old Geralt in my game

That was . . . disappointing.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You have only yourself to blame.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Didn't see I was lvl 32 until tonight when I got back in the game. Went around and picked up my new swords and armors.

Im now out of quests I want to do and my only main quest is talk to Yenn in daytime.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I'm closing out the main quest line, but I'm starting to run out of interest. Is it just me, or is there a real dip in quality of the sub-quests in the main quest line as you approach the finish? I'm a Witcher, man, not a friggin courier or message boy. I'm looking forward to finishing this up and starting on some of the DLC.

Or, I may take a Witcher break and play Alien Isolation.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I'm closing out the main quest line, but I'm starting to run out of interest. Is it just me, or is there a real dip in quality of the sub-quests in the main quest line as you approach the finish? I'm a Witcher, man, not a friggin courier or message boy. I'm looking forward to finishing this up and starting on some of the DLC.

Or, I may take a Witcher break and play Alien Isolation.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Offhand if I could change one feature of the game it would be the fast travel. As is I have to go to a signpost to go to another signpost...fast travel. Ive spent a LOT of time getting to a signpost. Really tired of it. Id MUCH prefer if I could open my map and simply click a signpost of where I want to go instead of having to go to one first. It wouldn't change much really but remove some tedium. Id still have to hoof it to where I really wanted to go from the closest signpost.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I actually kind of regret using the fast travel at all. You miss so many little things just teleporting around the place. So ya I have no issues with them making you go to a sign first at least. Stop being lazy! ;)