The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote:"Plowed" my way through the main game and "Hearts of Stone" expansion. In true "first time around" Witcher run through, I got just about the most depressing ending I could have imagined (unless there's one where
Spoiler:
Ciri can get captured by the Wild Hunt
. Feels like eating one of those poisonous American cakes, and it's made out of dough that's been sitting out a little too long. But it does have some sweet cherries on top!
Spoiler:
Ciri sacrifices herself to save the world from the "big cold" or whatever. Nilfgaard takes over the world. Skellige prospers, so yay for them I guess. Geralt goes and gets himself killed by stupid-ass fucking drownies.
Seriously, way to take the wind out of my sails. Fucking dark fantasy bullshit.
Yeah, there are three endings (of the main story line), and you definitely got the depressing one. Details on the others:
Spoiler:
In every case Ciri goes to confront the cold weather or whatever (which really wasn't built up at all for a potentially universe-destroying threat, but whatever). The differences after that are:

(1) Ciri dies confronting the big cold (what you got). Geralt goes all angry-emo.
(2) Ciri survives, becomes a witcher. You tell the Nilgaardian emperor that she died, he tells you to fuck off, apparently forgets he can arrest and execute people who anger him. You meet Ciri at a tavern and give her a new custom sword for her witcher business. (this is the ending that I got)
(3) Ciri survives, agrees to become the new Empress of Nilfgaard like the old emperor wanted when he contracted with you.

The differences in the ending you get on the main storyline is apparently determined by assorted random dialogue choices you make throughout the game. Apparently you need to "build up Ciri's confidence", or whatever, so that she doesn't get all weak-kneed confronting the Nor'Easter. Some of those choices are pretty weird - apparently when the sorceresses are trying to recruit Ciri at one point, you need to tell her to go to the meeting on her own, which seems a little douchey. Oh, and when you find that weird place of the elven guy who was creepily tracking Ciri's history and whatnot, and Ciri is like "hey, I want to use my power to tear this place the fuck up because I am angry", you are supposed to encourage her to do that, which seems awfully reckless and stupid, but hey. Oh, and you need to challenge Ciri to a snowball fight (which I did) at Caer Morhen. Semi-random stuff like that.

I missed out on Ciri becoming empress because I missed the import of one random dialogue choice. Apparently before you head off to fight that Wild Hunt general dude at the mountain festival you need to tell her that they need to stop by the emperor's to talk, only it's not clear that's what you're saying, or that it's the *only* chance in the game to go talk to the emperor about his daughter. Which is weird - kind of seemed like the evil world-destroying general was the priority, but whatever.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ending #3 (from your spoiled list above) is what I experienced and I still found it to be rather sad. I mean, sure, there were positive elements to it but the feeling I was left with for Geralt (loss) was pretty heavy. You're thinking maybe, just maybe it'll be a happy ending for everyone involved, but then no it doesn't quite work out that way. It's also one of the reasons I loved the game and (to me) the ending I saw felt right.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I remember when I played through the first Witcher, I went with helping Sigfried, because, even though his knight buddies were crazy racist assholes, I considered him a friend. So, the ending featured a mass culling of elves and dwarves and a bunch of other depressing crap. I eventually went back and did the "neutrality" ending, which is less horrible an outcome, but I had to do the unintuitive thing and ignore a quest (yeah, I know).

Then there's still the thing where every time Geralt takes a kid under his wing over the long term, that kid dies horribly. I guess Geralt just isn't a very good foster parent.
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I'm working my way through this on XBONE now. I had missed the Witcher games until Witcher 2 was a free XBOX Gold game. I really enjoyed that, and, although I'm still early on (lvl 8, just finished up Bloody Baron quest line), I think I may like 3 even more. I can't believe how big this game is. Velen alone is bigger than many other game worlds I've played in!

Hit my first real roadblock, though. The werewolf in the Wild at Heart secondary quest is really, really tough. I'm playing at the second hardest difficulty, and even though I'm a level above what's suggested for this quest, that werewolf is tough to beat. I can do some decent damage, but he starts regenerating health so quickly, I have a tough time making a dent. Thoughts?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kurth wrote:Thoughts?
Use all the tools, oils, potions, bombs, etc available to you. That werewolf is your wake-up call to the difficulty of the game. If it makes you feel any better, I beat it on the highest difficulty, so it is possible.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I felt a little bad afterward about my choice on the Radovid quest.
Spoiler:
I helped Ves and the other rebel leader dude kill the fat Redanian intelligence agent guy, so as a result Nilfgaard takes over everything at the end. Which definitely isn't the *worst* ending (having the insane racist Redanian king kill everyone is definitely worse). But all the same, you're trading the existence of an independent Redania (that checks Nilfgaard) in exchange for some quasi-independent vassal status for whatever the name of the Velen Kingdom was. And who gets to set the terms of the vassal status? The now even more powerful emperor, presumably.

Oh well. I guess that serves the fat redanian guy for coming in and spilling his evil plan like an idiot, rather than just waiting for Geralt to leave first.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Kurth wrote:I'm working my way through this on XBONE now. I had missed the Witcher games until Witcher 2 was a free XBOX Gold game. I really enjoyed that, and, although I'm still early on (lvl 8, just finished up Bloody Baron quest line), I think I may like 3 even more. I can't believe how big this game is. Velen alone is bigger than many other game worlds I've played in!

Hit my first real roadblock, though. The werewolf in the Wild at Heart secondary quest is really, really tough. I'm playing at the second hardest difficulty, and even though I'm a level above what's suggested for this quest, that werewolf is tough to beat. I can do some decent damage, but he starts regenerating health so quickly, I have a tough time making a dent. Thoughts?
Level up a couple more times doing other stuff so you can beef up your equipment. Go hunt down some witcher contracts or secondary quests or treasure. The werewolf will keep.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The point is that there is no happy ending for Geralt or his world. If you use your power to help people you are probably hurting other people. You are probably better just going somewhere desolate and going fishing. At least when everyone suffers it's not because of something you did.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote:I felt a little bad afterward about my choice on the Radovid quest.
Spoiler:
I helped Ves and the other rebel leader dude kill the fat Redanian intelligence agent guy, so as a result Nilfgaard takes over everything at the end. Which definitely isn't the *worst* ending (having the insane racist Redanian king kill everyone is definitely worse). But all the same, you're trading the existence of an independent Redania (that checks Nilfgaard) in exchange for some quasi-independent vassal status for whatever the name of the Velen Kingdom was. And who gets to set the terms of the vassal status? The now even more powerful emperor, presumably.

Oh well. I guess that serves the fat redanian guy for coming in and spilling his evil plan like an idiot, rather than just waiting for Geralt to leave first.
Spoiler:
Yeah, at the end of the day, I don't see Nilfgaard as being all that bad, considering the crap that the northern kingdoms have been pulling over the last two games. I'm sure it'll fall apart inside of a couple generations anyway, not having an external "threat" and all to focus on.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

coopasonic wrote:The point is that there is no happy ending for Geralt or his world. If you use your power to help people you are probably hurting other people. You are probably better just going somewhere desolate and going fishing. At least when everyone suffers it's not because of something you did.
There may not be a happy ending, but there is a "good enough" ending, which is not obviously reachable. But that's ok. I enjoyed the journey.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I felt a little bad afterward about my choice on the Radovid quest.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, at the end of the day, I don't see Nilfgaard as being all that bad, considering the crap that the northern kingdoms have been pulling over the last two games. I'm sure it'll fall apart inside of a couple generations anyway, not having an external "threat" and all to focus on.
Spoiler:
I suppose that no one in the game is going to hold free and fair elections or anything. Just seems better to keep any one asshole from getting all of the power. But maybe it doesn't really matter all that much.
Black Lives Matter.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

El Guapo wrote:
NickAragua wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I suppose that no one in the game is going to hold free and fair elections or anything. Just seems better to keep any one asshole from getting all of the power. But maybe it doesn't really matter all that much.
Spoiler:
Elections weren't really a major thing in the historical period that The Witcher is modeled on. Still, that is probably going to be the final outcome when the dust settles many years later. I suspect Nilfgard will be going the way of the Holy Roman Empire in the end, particularly with all the hints you're given in this game that the empire is already on the verge of collapse due to internal bickering. Only the Emperor himself seems to be able to hold it together. Perhaps Ciri has a chance to keep it going if she goes the Empress route, but even she is fighting a losing battle.
Insert witty comment here.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I just moved into Act 3 of the base game. I've spent so long doing side quests that basically the only thing left undone in my log are a bunch of contracts, the gwent stuff, the fist fight stuff, and the racing stuff. I think I'm probably going to wind up mainlining the story quests for a while, unless a bunch of side stuff opens up. Though I do see two yellow notice boards way on the eastern edge of Velen...

Man, this game is so good. I kind of wish I had an accurate count of hours spent, but I've got the GOG version and been playing it via Steam for the occasional streaming to the Link, so no hours tracking. It's got to be over 100 at this point.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Those main storyline quests really load you up with XP compared to the side stuff. So expect to whoosh upwards, and prepare mentally to have to upgrade your witcher set gear.

I'm chugging through Blood and Wine, and it feels a little off after finishing the main storyline. I bet it'd feel better about it if I didn't get the particular ending that I got. On the other hand, it feels a little weird to take a long-ass side trip to a completely unrelated area when there's time pressure. But then again, it's not really time pressure. I can't count the number of in-game days I spent running around hunting down random monsters and whatnot.

On the plus side, they really went to town with epic scenery. The entire thing takes place against the backdrop of a huge-ass mountain. The actual gameplay is good fun, too. So far, I've gotten into a fist fight during a Gwent tournament and won two fistfights with uh... alternate approaches. And become an estate owner?
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

NickAragua wrote:I'm chugging through Blood and Wine, and it feels a little off after finishing the main storyline. I bet it'd feel better about it if I didn't get the particular ending that I got. On the other hand, it feels a little weird to take a long-ass side trip to a completely unrelated area when there's time pressure. But then again, it's not really time pressure. I can't count the number of in-game days I spent running around hunting down random monsters and whatnot.
I think Blood & Wine takes place after the events of the main game chronologically, so there's not really any time pressure. Geralt will even mention the final events of the main story during the expansion if you've finished the game first.
On the plus side, they really went to town with epic scenery. The entire thing takes place against the backdrop of a huge-ass mountain.
I went to southern France last year, which made me appreciate Blood & Wine's scenery a lot more. It's clear to me now that southern France is exactly the part of the world that Toussaint is modeled on, and the visual similarities are indeed striking. The colors may be more vibrant in the game, but there really is an actual part of our own world that looks pretty similar to this.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

coopasonic wrote:The point is that there is no happy ending for Geralt or his world. If you use your power to help people you are probably hurting other people. You are probably better just going somewhere desolate and going fishing. At least when everyone suffers it's not because of something you did.
With all the praise some of the Fallout titles get for their stories and endings, I don't know that I've seen the same praise for Geralt or the Witcher games - which do an outstanding job of leaving you with the realization that there is rarely a "good" answer or resolution - it's all a matter of degree. That's also the reason I really like Geralt as a character because as a game mechanic, he really doesn't want to be involved in all this bigger picture nonsense...and yet, that's where he always finds himself. The reluctant hero element is one thing that (IMHO) helps with the immersion because as a player you're constantly wondering, (like Geralt) why should I care about this? Why can't I just go over here and do what I want to do?
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Smoove_B wrote:With all the praise some of the Fallout titles get for their stories and endings, I don't know that I've seen the same praise for Geralt or the Witcher games - which do an outstanding job of leaving you with the realization that there is rarely a "good" answer or resolution - it's all a matter of degree. That's also the reason I really like Geralt as a character because as a game mechanic, he really doesn't want to be involved in all this bigger picture nonsense...and yet, that's where he always finds himself. The reluctant hero element is one thing that (IMHO) helps with the immersion because as a player you're constantly wondering, (like Geralt) why should I care about this? Why can't I just go over here and do what I want to do?
The Witcher series has been praised for this repeatedly and often since the first game was released.

Geralt is fascinating in that he's a really important person in the setting, but he desperately wants to avoid getting involved in shit that has nothing to do with monster hunting. People try to rope him into their shady deals all the time with both honey and vinegar, and you as the player get to decide if you want to follow them, oppose them, or ignore them altogether. Yet some times you don't even have a choice. The first game did this best actually, in that it was way too easy to let yourself get swallowed up by personal feelings or a misplaced sense of morality and become involved in the political events of the game. But no matter which side you chose in the conflict it would only end in misery. Only by staying completely neutral from start to end would things turn out less bleak, but that was really fucking hard to do. It required the player to step outside the commonly expected bounds of video game logic and approach problems from a different angle. At one point in the first game you come across important people from both factions about to get into a big fight. You are told you have to choose a side. But you don't really have to. Instead you can choose to just walk away. The game sees no reason to point out that this option is available.

It's one of the main reasons why I love this series, and why I think most other games' interpretations of moral choices are childish at best. Bioware, I'm looking at you. Also, I'm shaking my head sadly at Infamous over in the Hall of Shame.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

NickAragua wrote:Those main storyline quests really load you up with XP compared to the side stuff. So expect to whoosh upwards, and prepare mentally to have to upgrade your witcher set gear.
I've got the second-tier cat gear currently. I think I went into the Act 2 finale at around lvl 25, and came out lvl 29, so I'm probably well and truly over leveled. Once I get a sense of where Act 3 is going, I think I'll spend some time getting the next tier of Cat gear, if I can, and go from there.

I probably should bump the difficulty up. I'm on normal, and everything's a cake walk. Not that I really mind, I just feel a little guilty.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Chaz wrote:
NickAragua wrote:Those main storyline quests really load you up with XP compared to the side stuff. So expect to whoosh upwards, and prepare mentally to have to upgrade your witcher set gear.
I've got the second-tier cat gear currently. I think I went into the Act 2 finale at around lvl 25, and came out lvl 29, so I'm probably well and truly over leveled. Once I get a sense of where Act 3 is going, I think I'll spend some time getting the next tier of Cat gear, if I can, and go from there.

I probably should bump the difficulty up. I'm on normal, and everything's a cake walk. Not that I really mind, I just feel a little guilty.
Cat gear, eh? Heheh, nice turtleneck sweater, dork.

I was doing a monster hunt and there was actually one guy that made a comment about how I was wearing cat-school gear but had a wolf medallion. Was kind of tempted to whack him upside the head. Repeatedly. With a sword. But I didn't, for unrelated reasons.

Then I leveled up and went back to Griffon school gear, thankfully.
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

What can I say, I like light attacks, dodging, and signs. Everything should be burning or knocked down, all the time.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Can't argue with that. Light attacks are pretty awesome, especially if you get the very last tier of light attack upgrades. If you're into signs, though, Griffin armor will get you more energy regen and sign effectiveness bonuses. But really, there are so many possible setups that it's hard to argue for just one.

I personally like the axii sign (which I upgraded a bit for the conversational options anyway) to disable jerks with shields. Quen is my favorite, though, as it gives me room to breathe in a fight. And also has a good chance of knocking down guys who hit me, which means a follow up ground stab for an insta-kill. I never really got into blocking, it only seems to work on one guy at a time and makes you immobile, which isn't super hot when facing down ten guards.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I know the side quests in this game are great, but I just can't get myself to care about side quests in any RPG. "Oh great, you lost your wife's wedding ring. As it happens I have a big supply of who gives a fuck right here. I'm trying to save the world, people."
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I finished the game using the highest level Cat armor, light attacks and burning. Combat was a joy, even when I was wearing a T-shirt. :D
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote:I know the side quests in this game are great, but I just can't get myself to care about side quests in any RPG. "Oh great, you lost your wife's wedding ring. As it happens I have a big supply of who gives a fuck right here. I'm trying to save the world, people."
Geralt certainly isn't trying to save the world. He's just trying to make a living. I make sure to work for money only (well, and favors for close friends or people I owe) and, on the rare occasion when some loser peasant refuses to pay, I make sure to "Axii" him nicely again.

Plus, if I ignore some of the side quests here, Geralt misses out on getting laid, which is obviously not an option.
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I finally have to break down and buy
the complete addition is $24.99 for the next few days at GOG
that'll leave me enough to get the 800 page hardcover guide, too :D
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If you can get the steelbook case for it. Its amazing. So glad I did.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I know the side quests in this game are great, but I just can't get myself to care about side quests in any RPG. "Oh great, you lost your wife's wedding ring. As it happens I have a big supply of who gives a fuck right here. I'm trying to save the world, people."
Geralt certainly isn't trying to save the world. He's just trying to make a living. I make sure to work for money only (well, and favors for close friends or people I owe) and, on the rare occasion when some loser peasant refuses to pay, I make sure to "Axii" him nicely again.

Plus, if I ignore some of the side quests here, Geralt misses out on getting laid, which is obviously not an option.
I know it's less of an issue than in most RPGs where you are fighting against some apocalyptic evil that's openly threatening the world. Still, you are in a race against time to save your adopted daughter, which is super pressing for Geralt.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Dave Allen wrote:I finally have to break down and buy
Come on man, don't get a guide. The best part about the game is playing through blind and seeing where your choices take you. Granted, they may take you out back and work you over with a 2x4, but still.

Unrelated, I had an unexpected witcher experience yesterday. Normally, I tend to think that the people who wrote for this game all had some kind of serious depressive disorder and were off their meds for the duration. Not this time, though.
Spoiler:
There's a Blood and Wine quest involving some dude who's in love with a chick and wants to see if she's cursed. The entire time, I kept expecting either somebody to be a horrible human-eating monster or a rapist creep. But no, for once, everybody's on the up and up, more or less. The dude wasn't a rapist creep, the chick wasn't a crazy cannibal... it was so nice. I guess the writer must have remembered to take his meds that day.
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

NickAragua wrote:
Dave Allen wrote:I finally have to break down and buy
Come on man, don't get a guide. The best part about the game is playing through blind and seeing where your choices take you. Granted, they may take you out back and work you over with a 2x4, but still.
Yeah, this game definitely doesn't need a guide. Everything is clearly pointed out in the game itself, and the game doesn't try to hide anything from you unless you turn on options that makes it do so. Finding good weapons isn't about stumbling upon some random treasure hoard. It's about following the quests you're given, and if you're not given quests you can find those clearly marked on the map. There are no real puzzles either that I can remember. It's only through choices during quests that the game tries to hold back things and surprise you, and for those a guide would just ruin it all and make a player follow someone else's interpretation of Geralt rather than their own.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

So, I thought I had concluded the Bloody Barron quest, but . . .
Spoiler:
. . . now he wants me to meet him in Crookback Bog to try to get his wife (who he admittedly abused) back from the Crones. I never thought I'd ever play a game that made me the least bit inclined to help a domestic abuser, but I think I'm going to help him. But what if I do and Gran doesn't want to come back for fear (understandably) that he'll abuse her again? What if she does want to come back because she's caught in some awful cycle of spousal abuse, and I'm helping perpetuate it? The Barron seemed legit sad and apologetic that he beat his wife and caused a miscarriage, but who really gives a shit? After all, he beat her, and she miscarried! But do if I let her continue to help the Crones, who, I think, are eating the kids she's taking care of down in the bog, aren't I in some way complicit in the Crones eating orphans?

This game is . . . unique.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kurth wrote:This game is . . . unique.
Oh, definitely keep going.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That quest has multiple endings depending on what you have already done. I was lucky and got the semi good ending..many are not. Good luck with it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I haven't even met up with the Bloody Baron in Crookback Bog yet. I got sidetracked by Keira Metz . . .
Spoiler:
Geralt tracked down some supplies for a dinner party she was having. Then she invited him to join her in some Cinderella-like fantasy. One thing led to another . . . Then Geralt found himself back on Fyke Isle killing her. That didn't turn out how I had expected. Poor Keira Metz. Geralt hardly knew ya.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm sad to hear that. I had a similar experience but it ended in a very different way. I actually liked her character. All of the sorceresses are very interesting characters.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Doh!

Yeah, my experience ended slightly better. Although, I did wind up
Spoiler:
releasing a killer ghost into the world
when trying to be a nice guy earlier in that quest chain.

I'm still plowing through Blood and Wine, and I'm so glad they've finally introduced a mechanism that lets me spend all those extra skill points I've been hoarding. I'm about level 42 and I've got something like seven unspent skill points because all my skills are maxed out. Now, I can blow skill points improving my mutagen mastery. As a bonus, there's finally a station for converting all those stupid monster mutagens into normal mutagens. Yay!

Also, I think I've blown more money upgrading Geralt's estate than I've spent on equipment throughout the entire game. In fact, I've blown so much money on it that I'm actually out of money!
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

NickAragua wrote:Doh!

Yeah, my experience ended slightly better. Although, I did wind up
Spoiler:
releasing a killer ghost into the world
when trying to be a nice guy earlier in that quest chain.
Same thing happened to me.

And man, talking about an awful way to die. Poor Annabelle, the Lord's daughter in Fyke Tower.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, that was pretty awful. No wonder she wound up the way she did afterwards.

On a more general note, I really admire the writers' dedication to the principles that "people are the real monsters" and "words have meaning". You don't even have to know how to use magic to curse someone, just say something with enough conviction in the right spot at the right time and BOOM, curse. So of course, half the time when I'm helping some random peasant, it's because of some trivial family dispute, except it's spawned a horrible cannibal monster. By the time they've finished describing the problem and I've gotten the full story, my eyes have rolled up into the back of my head and I just want to kill whatever monster has been generated (and possibly everyone else involved), get my money and be on my way. The series has turned me into an RPG cynic!
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I uh, just got a request to find a statue's missing testicles. This game is amazing.
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I'm just starting into act 3 (which begins with the Bald Mountain sequence). Right now, my list of side quests is pretty thin, since I've been putting the main quests off. Should I expect that I'm going to get more sidequests to distract myself with, or is it more of a straight shot from here to the end?

Also, anyone have a guide that shows where to pick up the various scavenger hunt quests? I'd like to pick up the schematics for the rest of the Cat and Griffin school gear, but I've only got a few of the actual quests. I know I could just find a page that specifically says where to go for each piece, but that feels like extra cheating.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Chaz wrote:I'm just starting into act 3 (which begins with the Bald Mountain sequence). Right now, my list of side quests is pretty thin, since I've been putting the main quests off. Should I expect that I'm going to get more sidequests to distract myself with, or is it more of a straight shot from here to the end?

Also, anyone have a guide that shows where to pick up the various scavenger hunt quests? I'd like to pick up the schematics for the rest of the Cat and Griffin school gear, but I've only got a few of the actual quests. I know I could just find a page that specifically says where to go for each piece, but that feels like extra cheating.
As a matter of fact, yes, I do.

I was actually just there looking into this. I'm level 10 now, but I think most of my gear is still level 2 or 3. I'm going to start going after the Griffin gear tonight.