Marvel Puzzle Quest

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

WPD wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:I'll have 300 Savory token on the 18th. The 23rd will put me at 297 Sweet tokens. I'll have to wait until the 30th to have 300 for it.

:horse:
Meanwhile I'm saving up for 300 latest legendary tokens. 123 down!
:o
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Lol, I thought I was the only one not opening my tokens.

I keep both sweet and savory at 10 unopened tokens. So I open the 2 I get daily, most of the time.

I have 100 heroic tokens, 5 legendary and enough command points for another 5 (the 20 pt ones).

I have an unknown amount of tokens from previous events. They probably add up to another hundred or so.

Every once in awhile I get the itch and open 5-10 of them.

300 is pretty insane though. Makes me look diligent at opening mine.
WPD

Post by WPD »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
WPD wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:I'll have 300 Savory token on the 18th. The 23rd will put me at 297 Sweet tokens. I'll have to wait until the 30th to have 300 for it.

:horse:
Meanwhile I'm saving up for 300 latest legendary tokens. 123 down!
:o
Well, CP to buy latest tokens + actual latest tokens. I only have 51 latest tokens. The rest are just dividing my CP stash by 25.
Later ya'll.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I admit that when they announce a new vault and the "hurry and get your 4* from the vault before it's gone!" ads, I have no clue what they are talking about.

Today there were 3 different announcements that I didn't recognize and didn't understand what they meant. Now, in fairness to myself I mostly skimmed them in the time it took to close them, but I still haven't a clue how these things work.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They've got mini-vaults (21 tokens) with one 50-HP token purchase per day. Today has a Hulkbuster cover as the jackpot.

Breakdown:
12 - 2* covers
3 - Elite (2-3*) covers
1 - 1k ISO
1 - 2.5k ISO
3 - 3* covers
1 - 4* cover

The entire contents of which can be yours for a mere 3650 HP per day.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Huh.

so 50 HP for a card? What are peoples' opinions on that? Worth it? I like to keep about 10k HP on hand for stuff, but after that I'm willing to spend some.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think 50 HP for a pull is worth it, especially if you need multiple covers in the vault. I don't think additional pulls or the 20 pack are worth it though.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sounds good. I usually bring in some HP a day, even if it's just 10 from watching a video or something.

Thanks for explaining it to me.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Doctor Strange is required today. Looks like today is the day I start clearing a vault.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Took me 159 tokens to hit my first DS token. Got the next two before I hit 200.

All that's left after 297 tokens is 1000 ISO, and 2* Magneto and Bullseye.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Doctor Strange is required today. Looks like today is the day I start clearing a vault.
Yep, I have no Doc Strange.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

About half of my 2* heroes are championed out. Ended up selling another 20+ 2* tokens. Need to figure out if I want to sell them off and start over before year's end.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've been selling them.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I've been selling them, but selling fully champed toons and then rechampioning them does provide some good rewards for little overall cost
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not sure about that. How much iso to level a 2* to max? Hundred grand?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just did it with Ares, I think it was under 85k.
WPD

Post by WPD »

The iso loss is 20k or so for selling 2*s vs. Championing and rebuilding I think. If you have a healthy relationship with the game probably better to save that iso. If you have a problem then farm those champs!
Later ya'll.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

New update. Santatos broke 3* Magneto's red power.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Isgrimnur wrote:New update. Santatos broke 3* Magneto's red power.
I'm not following. Care to link or explain? (I only ask because I use 3* Magneto pretty often. He and KK are my A-team).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It is impossible to activate the red power. You can pull up the profile, the red gem glows when it has enough AP to activate, but it will not fire when pressed. You stay at the profile level with no response from the game until you back out or select something else.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Apparently there a bunch of powers and that got borked with the latest patch. They will supposedly be fixed tomorrow.
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I've been enjoying how Fury's Blue detonates twice when an enemy matches. Two instakills every time.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Zaxxon wrote:I've been enjoying how Fury's Blue detonates twice when an enemy matches. Two instakills every time.
That's been around for as long as I can remember (or at least as long as I've used Fury), but it requires that two traps be matched I think. It doesn't happen every time, unless that was another bug introduced in the latest patch.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Huh. Never noticed, although Fury doesn't get a lot of play time with me. I think it's because one of his skills was stuck at 1 for a long time (now it's 2). He's very strong so when I do use him I always enjoy it.

I'm realizing the game is becoming a 4 and 5 star game while I'm stuck in the 3* range. Gonna hafta do something about that. I've *finally* decided to max out Mystique but once that's done I'll start bringing some of my more fully skilled 4*'s online by pumping iso into them. I think I'm 1 skill shy of having Hulkbuster maxed out, so he'll probably be my first target.

The only 4* I have maxed is Invisible Woman, with Wolverine the next closest (but I haven't seen a token for him in forever and he's not maxed skillwise yet). I have no 5*'s maxed (either skills or levels).

I'm getting left behind.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I've not got a bunch of championed 4*s now, but I'm not even close to having any 5*s maxed. I think my best is OML (not the worst one to be best...) at something like 2/3/2.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My vault clear gave me enough resources that I just finished up championing my 3*s (except Doctor Strange, of course). Given that MagClassic is my top 3* at 184, and they don't Champion out until 266, I'll be using 3*s as my workhorses to earn CPs and vault tokens for 2* cycling for quite a while.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I know I don't have 3* Dr. Strange. I think that might be the only 3* I'm missing, but I'm not sure. I have 4 x 3*'s that are not championed. Mystique, She-Hulk, Bullseye and the Sentinel.

When Sentinel got nerfed I pretty much gave up on him. I'm not a fan of Bullseye, especially since one of his skills only works when an enemy is killed, and only if it's killed by Bullseye. With the multistage fights he's more useful than he used to be, but he's still outclassed by most of the other 3*'s.

I like She-Hulk's red, which destroys tiles from the bottom up in each column, and does damage to the entire enemy team, but her strike tile stealing is crap, and her other skill, depleting enemy colours is too random to be of consistent use.

Mystique is the only one that is a good character that I've just resisted leveling until now.

So chances are once Mystique is championed I'll just ignore the rest and start working on higher tier heroes. I have quite a few 4*'s that have plenty of covers (if not maxed) so there is no shortage of heroes to level and spend iso on.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not championing means missing out on Champion rewards when they're the DDQ character. I got everyone up just for that reason.

My next vault clear near NYE will let me cycle my 2*s back to zero and up for another round of champion rewards.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Looks like Magneto has been fixed.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I crashed out on the first battle I tried today. Not a promising start. Haven't had crashes in quite awhile.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I've been slowly getting more and more usable 4*s. I've got 6 champion 4*s with two more (Invisible Woman and recently Nick Fury) with 13 covers. With X-23, Red Hulk, Ghost Rider and Teen Jean at 12 covers. It's been fun, it's just super slow to gather covers and Iso. When I play a lot I can get about 5 4* covers a week, but there are so many it's been kinda rare to get the ones I want most.

It has been very nice only having to use Iso for 4*s and rebuilding 2*s (and Dr. Strange).
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Not championing means missing out on Champion rewards when they're the DDQ character. I got everyone up just for that reason.

My next vault clear near NYE will let me cycle my 2*s back to zero and up for another round of champion rewards.
I am aware. I'm willing to make that sacrifice on the last few I mentioned.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Dramatist wrote:It has been very nice only having to use Iso for 4*s and rebuilding 2*s (and Dr. Strange).
I'm confused. If we assume the 85k figure quoted earlier is correct, can you even break even re-max-championing a 2*? If so, how?

If you can't, what's the point?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think you end up losing a few thousand ISO net, but you gain HP, command points, and covers while professing to max champion level.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Per this page, 16-94 costs 69,529. My recollection may be off, I suppose.

Max championing gives you the following:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, so for about 50k iso you get 3 x 3* (assuming the 3* isn't maxed too otherwise it's just 1500 iso I think), 250 hp, 5 command points and 5 dice rolls on heroic tokens.

It's not terrible but I have so many 4 and 5*s I could be spending that 50k on. It's not a straight forward decision, for me at least.

Thanks for the info.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

GreenGoo wrote:Ok, so for about 50k iso you get 3 x 3* (assuming the 3* isn't maxed too otherwise it's just 1500 iso I think), 250 hp, 5 command points and 5 dice rolls on heroic tokens.

It's not terrible but I have so many 4 and 5*s I could be spending that 50k on. It's not a straight forward decision, for me at least.

Thanks for the info.
Also selling a champion 2* gives you 65,000 Iso and 125 HP.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

I've been farming 2 stars for a while now. In the long-run the iso amount is close to a wash. The big benefit is the tokens, 3 stars, and cp.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:I've been enjoying how Fury's Blue detonates twice when an enemy matches. Two instakills every time.
That's been around for as long as I can remember (or at least as long as I've used Fury), but it requires that two traps be matched I think. It doesn't happen every time, unless that was another bug introduced in the latest patch.
No, I'm saying they'll match one, they'll all blow up and kill the front enemy, then the next enemy dies, too. It's a recent bug.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Dramatist wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Ok, so for about 50k iso you get 3 x 3* (assuming the 3* isn't maxed too otherwise it's just 1500 iso I think), 250 hp, 5 command points and 5 dice rolls on heroic tokens.

Thanks for the info.
Also selling a champion 2* gives you 65,000 Iso and 125 HP.
Ok, right. Interestingly I considered the sale price earlier when I started to think about selling the 2*'s but then immediately forgot about it during this discussion.

Thanks. That's much better. You still need to collect 13 2* covers but that's doable with a reasonable amount of luck, in a reasonable amount of time.