Marvel Puzzle Quest

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey Isgrim (or anyone), if you're willing, I'm having trouble finding a consensus on Peggy Carter build. I just poured a bunch of iso into her to level her to max so now I need to know how to build here.

I found this: mpq wikia but it has a relatively low number of votes. If you have time and find more info, I'd appreciate it.

Sure I could use my vast knowledge of MPQ (ok, not really) to just pick a build, but she's got a few nice twists with ramifications that I might be missing. Seems like everyone wants 5 in blue, but then what's the best way to divvy up red/yellow?
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

I have her at 5/3/5, but could see an argument for anything that leaves blue at five. If you have a better red user, 3/5/5 is better on that team.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, I have exactly 1 team where I put all 3 heroes together. The rest are either mission specific heroes, or when I know I'm going to take damage on someone other than my tank, so I just grab someone as fodder.

I never even considered what it means to have another red user with her. Meh.

I'll probably build her 5/3/5 same as you. Thanks for the advice!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I like 5,3,5 as well. Put her with Vulture or IM40 to help her get blue to wreck face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Dramatist wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:09 pm I like 5,3,5 as well. Put her with Vulture or IM40 to help her get blue to wreck face.

In this case it was for the 5* daily 1v1 so I dropped her blue and made her 5/5/3 since there were no teammates to stun. I'm sure it wouldn't matter what build you used in that situation, but Wasp only got 2 powers off the entire fight, even though it was kind of drawn out since I wasn't getting my colours, so I consider it a success.

I moved her back to 5/3/5 after the fight.

My vulture is garbage but IM40 is fine. Of course he has a pretty good blue himself, although expensive in blue and the other colours it burns.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That Kingpin node is a sonuva if it gets rolling, especially if you only have 1 cover for kingpin. I'm open to suggestions. So far I'm stuck on the 4th win. No vulture suggestions please. I've made some headway with him but he's still not fully covered or championed.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

What are some heroes with the fortify ability?

I'm seeing reference to hobofist. I'm assuming this is 4* ironfist. Why the nickname? What am I missing?

We should probably put our fun/effective team compositions here, as the in game chat is not permanent. I'm thinking of starting a new thread so I can edit the op to keep everything easy to find, although we only have a few players so it would be a small thread that's rarely updated.

Thoughts?
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

I think it is because he looks like a bum.

My go to is now Okoye, Medusa, and Valkyrie. Okoye is my only 5 champ and I have the other two champed. With the Royal Talon Fighter on Okoye, she tanks yellow. Switch to attack whoever Valkyrie puts a bounty on and free yellow.

Others that work well with my champed Okoye include 5 Dr. Strange and Black Bolt.

5 Hawkeye fortifies, but not sure on others.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Maybe ironfist was homeless on the TV show? Pretty sure 4* IF was based on the TV version. I have no idea where hobo comes from. You could be right.

I still don't have a champed 5*, so way to go on Okoye! I think I'm only missing 1 cover for old man Logan, so I'm close.

I don't even have Valkyrie fully covered, let alone champed, but my Medusa is level 280ish at this point.

I realize people are going to use what they have. OML is part of every team I use because he's so powerful and tanky compared to the rest of my roster, so I'm often looking for 2 hero combos instead of 3 man teams, but I still like the idea of keeping track of everyone's favourites.

Good call on 5* Hawkeye. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of the comic book character, but 5*, 4* and 3* Hawkeye are all awesome and just as importantly, fun. My 5* Hawkeye is a little under covered but he'll probably do the job, thanks.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

4* Luke Cage fortifies with yellow power, generates Protect tiles on enemy powers, and can deliver some serious hurt.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm 4* Luke Cage fortifies with yellow power, generates Protect tiles on enemy powers, and can deliver some serious hurt.
yeah, he's awesome. Good call on the fortify skill. I need fortifying that is quick, easy and cheap so he's not going to work unfortunately.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Seems like the servers are down. Anyone else having issues?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I couldn't get in this AM before work, but I was able to get in late morning and finish DDQ and the new Support run.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:20 pm I couldn't get in this AM before work, but I was able to get in late morning and finish DDQ and the new Support run.
Ok, cool. I'll take another swing at it.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've just started to max out some of my 3* characters. General question, do you guys sell them off and start over with them? I have no problem with the 2* characters, they get plenty of covers. But the thought of selling of one of my 3*s and starting that climb again... :shock:
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I haven't maxed a 3* yet, but would open a new slot for the replacement and keep the maxed one until the new one is at least champed.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote:I haven't maxed a 3* yet, but would open a new slot for the replacement and keep the maxed one until the new one is at least champed.
Good idea!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:02 pm I haven't maxed a 3* yet, but would open a new slot for the replacement and keep the maxed one until the new one is at least champed.
This is exactly what I do. I have 5 maxed 3*s with doubles that I am leveling. I keep the maxed hero for challenges and use the duplicate for new covers. The plan is to sell one when I have 2 capped, which hasn't happened yet.

It helps that slots are relatively cheap and rarely needed at this point, so the hp coins have been building up. I don't spend the coins on covers.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

Yawn. Now if it were Endgame Fat Thor, then I would be excited! Professor Hulk also would be cool.
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

R191: Shards

TL;DR - a new way to unlock uncovered characters or gain covers that's better than the 5:1/3:1 trade and bonus heroes.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey Izzy, I moved to a new phone and managed to screw up the transfer. Now I have a brand new account on both phones. I'm an IT professional with decades of experience and even more playing games. I feel like maybe the process isn't as intuitive as it might be. :roll: Perhaps I'm not as intuitive. Either way, I'm annoyed.

I've written support but that was almost a week ago and I've heard nothing.

In any case, that's why I didn't play any of the team event and right now I'm locked out.

Just an fyi.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:42 am Hey Izzy, I moved to a new phone and managed to screw up the transfer. Now I have a brand new account on both phones. I'm an IT professional with decades of experience and even more playing games. I feel like maybe the process isn't as intuitive as it might be. :roll: Perhaps I'm not as intuitive. Either way, I'm annoyed.

I've written support but that was almost a week ago and I've heard nothing.

In any case, that's why I didn't play any of the team event and right now I'm locked out.

Just an fyi.
Time to move to Marvel Snap. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hah. My MPQ account will live as long as this (or another) technical glitch doesn't eat it. Gotta be 10+ years worth of stuff in it. If they were transferable, I'm sure I could get hundreds if not thousands of dollars for it. I have probably over a thousand unopened tokens.

Still, my play time is way down, and I rarely participate in an entire event (only a day here or there) except for team events. I do make sure I do my dailies, but that's all most days.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No worries
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Hah, I stated this thread 9 years ago and it was funny to see it pop up again. The game was fun, but I gave it up because it was too addicting and too much of a grind to play the competitions/events. Didn’t know people were still playing this. Memories . . .
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I wonder if anyone here still plays. I still play daily and get full progression in every PvE. I now have 32 4*s that I have ascended into 5*s. It has really opened up the strategy in team building.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Still playing.