Starpoint Gemini 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Nexus

Starpoint Gemini 2

Post by Nexus »

Hello everyone!

I’m Nexus from LGM studios, a small indie development team from Croatia working on Starpoint Gemini II (SPG2). Our game is currently in alpha on Steam Early access.

We are blessed with a great community that support us with valuable feedback and development choices. While we develop the game we try to listen as much as possible and implement many things suggested by the community. But, although the community is great, we’re still lacking exposure on the web.

Considering we’re on a tight marketing budget (compared to bigger titles) we try to reach out to avid gamers and space enthusiasts on the forums. This way we try to get the word out. I hope you don’t mind!

About our game:
Starpoint Gemini II is an action space-sim combined with diverse RPG elements. Control various space ships, ranging from small and agile gunships to lumbering, but deadly carriers. Explore, trade, research and fight in a star system no longer hindered by loading points. The entire Gemini star system is one giant area thanks to the implemented streaming technology. Gain experience and upgrade your skills to change the tide of even the fiercest space battles.

Feel free to visit our Steam page or official website/forum for more information (I can't share the links with you due to the spam filter). Our community will welcome you with open arms :). Also, I’ll try to answer any question you guys have over here.
Butterknife

Re: Starpoint Gemini 2

Post by Butterknife »

I'm not really into space games at the moment, but I am planning on getting an Oculus Rift and when I do I hope to get into them more. Do you have plans to support the Oculus Rift? Whether you do or don't, good luck on your game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I love space games and I see no other way off hand for you to get the word out...but at the same time I find it kinda rude to create a new account and have your first post be spam / advertising for your game.

Come in and say hi...introduce yourself. So though Im interested in your game I think it could be posted better. Not sure how though I guess. . Hell maybe you did do it right...shrug.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I don't speak for everyone But I think its a commonly held understanding that developers are welcomed and encouraged. While they may have real-life issues they would love to discuss, I suspect their newest game probably flows from their hearts the easiest.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Yeah, I'm tickled pink he posted. I played Starpoint Gemini 1 ad it wasn't a bad game. It needed a little refinement here and there. But I'm all over space RPGS.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Thanks for your reply and the warm welcome folks. I know this instant posting about my game may come across as rude. But I'm simply doing as much as possible to get the word out :)

We actually DO have big plans with the Oculus Rift. We currently have a Oculus rift dev kit in our possession and are doing some heavy testing with it. We've learned a lot from our first title Starpoint Gemini 1 and feel like we are on the right track with the sequel; keeping the strong elements from the first title and improving the parts where we failed to deliver.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Daehawk wrote:Well I love space games and I see no other way off hand for you to get the word out...but at the same time I find it kinda rude to create a new account and have your first post be spam / advertising for your game.

Come in and say hi...introduce yourself. So though Im interested in your game I think it could be posted better. Not sure how though I guess. . Hell maybe you did do it right...shrug.
I think if it's a hit & run advertising post and we never see the dev again, that's perhaps a little on the rude side. If the dev continues to monitor the thread and answers questions? That's nifty!

As for the game, the videos/pics/info on the official site look promising. I love that we're seeing a resurgence in the space game genre.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Already purchased based on other discussions here, my love of the genre and its potential. I haven't had much time to fumble around yet, and I like to save most of my enjoyment for the final build.

Has anyone come across any good YouTube tutorials or Let's Play sessions?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

@Zarathud, Here are some Let's Plays on Youtube for you to view, there are several episodes if you are interested.
Enjoy! :) :D
Last edited by Nexus on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

You need to use the [url] code with links or they disappear.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Seems I'm too green to post any links for you guys. Nonetheless you can search for:

Starpoint Gemini Operationdx1 - a short, to the point preview of one of our more recent builds. Haven't come across any preview of the latest build yet (april 1st) but it gives you a good idea where we are going with the game.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I will look for it. No time to watch now but here's a Let's Play from late March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBiFlBt9-AQ
tricey

Post by tricey »

Here's another review: (dmn, I can't post URLs.... it's from youtube, you'll need to paste this in url)

watch?v=499AV66P-aI
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wow. Very pretty. If someone makes a good Star Wars mod for that, it has the potential for some serious playing the Millennium Falcon in a Tie Fighter universe, like you were RPGing Traveler.

... I'll be in my bunk...

... Which makes me wonder have they done a good Firefly action space sim with rpg elements yet?
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I watched the trailer and skipped around the review. Looks pretty good, nice graphically for sure. I liked all the RPG elements and upgrading of ships but the combat seemed a little boring to me. Maybe a cockpit perspective would help? Interesting for sure.... I'll be looking forward to some AARs.
Now Playing:
XCOM, Huge backlog in the wings thanks a lot Steam!
tricey

Post by tricey »

LordMortis wrote:The full URL
Thanks for putting the correct URL :D
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Anyone in the beta care to comment on the current state of the game? I'm itching for some spaciness and this looks like it has potential. It is worth the buy in now or should I wait?
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I haven't played the most recent beta that added boarding and a few other new features, but I like what I've played of it so far.

Combat is a little different than other Privateer-like games I've played in that your turrets are automated and you mostly have to focus on maneuvering to bring weapon arcs to bear and keep damaged shields away from the enemy, not to mention you can eventually pilot much larger ships... cruisers, dreadnoughts, mega-freighters.

If you're into Eve levels of detail and complexity then this might not be your type of game, but I find it a nice balance of detail and accessibility so far.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I can't remember the last time I played a space combat game - it might have been WC IV. In spite of that, and my attempt to go cold turkey on Early Access, I just couldn't resist the combination of positive feedback and the $10 price tag at the Humble store this weekend, so I picked up the Beta, and am having a blast with it (no pun intended).

From what I can tell it's weeks away from official release. I think the only things remaining are the campaign and some balance issues, but even in sandbox mode it's great.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Any more info on this? Its sitting at 50% on the Steam sale right now but Id rather find it cheaper. Is it worth it? I want it but I want a better price and Im worried about buying it with Elite Dangerous floating around out there.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Daehawk wrote:Any more info on this? Its sitting at 50% on the Steam sale right now but Id rather find it cheaper. Is it worth it? I want it but I want a better price and Im worried about buying it with Elite Dangerous floating around out there.
I bought it a while ago. I cannot recommend it. Lots and lots of people like it but for me there isn't enough feedback during combat about what condition the enemy ship is in and I have trouble telling if one weapon is better than another or what weapon is more effective in what situation or how to capture a ship, etc. It just seems to drop you in the middle of everything without a good tutorial or manual. Back in the day you'd have a game this deep but you'd have a 200 page manual that would explain every system to you that you could read on the toilet.

So yeah, some people love it and have fleets of ships. Just not me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I always loved those manuals. Id read them before touching the game. many of the games came with a in story kind of manual or stuff that was part of the game's world to read. Really loved those days. Sometimes being dumped into a game blind is a turnoff. I dont know if this will be the best price till later next year or if Christmas will have a better price.

I also want The Forest but I know much about it and know theres not a huge amount to do it. Its normally $15 and the sale only takes off $2 . If it dropped to $5 Id buy it quickly. Ive added cash to Steam and Im just sitting here worrying over what to get.

Cort: From watching videos on it it seems you can see the ships shields and condition of the hull on the targeting thing around the enemy ship. It would be nice to have a display somewhere on screen of the enemy and all systems and condition shown graphically on it.....like all the other space games. I loved the way Freespace 1&2 did it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im on one of my old game nostalgia binges again. Even though I have newer games Im not finished with like Witcher 3 and Grey Goo I find myself installing older games that I never spent much time with.

I reinstalled Mars War Logs last night and played all night. Its great fun , even the parts I had played before. Now Im installing Starpoint Gemini 2. I see I played only 28 minutes of it back in the day so its no wonder I dont remember a thing about. Theres 3 addons and I dont have any of them and dont know if I should get them. One is free and the other two are just $1.24 each.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Till some time on May 24th you can download this game for free on Steam. That seems like a nice price so I'm giving it a shot.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

$iljanus wrote:Till some time on May 24th you can download this game for free on Steam. That seems like a nice price so I'm giving it a shot.
I'm holding out till the price drops a little more.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For someone who owns this and didn't think the controls were good enough to fool with it much is there any point at even looking into Warlords?
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

The controls didn't change (that I can tell/remember), so, no?
There is no hug button. Sad!