DOOM 3: Resurrection Of Evil

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

That did not take long to announce the first expansion

from gamegossip
In what's sure to come as the biggest bit of news for the day (barring some sort of fluke), Activision and id Software today announced the upcoming release of a DOOM 3 expansion titled, DOOM 3: Resurrection Of Evil. The first expansion for the title and co-developed by Nerve Software, DOOM 3: Resurrection Of Evil will follow the events of the original game, focusing on an artifact that’s found to have the power of Hell. The expansion will feature feature new locations, characters and weapons, including the double-barreled shotgun.

"DOOM 3 defines first-person cinematic action, and the expansion pack continues right where we left off -- with a terrifying atmosphere, a new story and one of the most classic weapons ever, the double-barreled shotgun," states Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "Now that fans have survived the horrors and edge of your seat action of the original, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil delivers players deeper into the heart of the UAC to uncover new secrets and technology used to destroy the demon force that's Hell-bent on destroying you."

DOOM 3: Resurrection Of Evil, in addition to the new features mentioned above, will also include additional multiplayer support, this time including support for up to eight-players across new maps. DOOM 3: Resurrection Of Evil, as with most expansions, will require the original game to play, and has yet-to-be rated by the ESRB.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dammit, I just finished killing evil, now it pops right back up.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

I guess it's time for me to wait for the bundle now. Or when it hits the bargain bin at $10 or lower.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

I don't usually buy games when they first come out due to a limited budjet (Damn school!). I did pick up Doom 3 at full price so I'll have to wait for this to drop to $10-15 to make up for that.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Odin

Post by Odin »

wankerjr wrote:I guess it's time for me to wait for the bundle now. Or when it hits the bargain bin at $10 or lower.
I thought exactly the same thing when I saw this announcement.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

new locations, characters and weapons, including the double-barreled shotgun.
WOW! TWO barrels! I've never seen that before!
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Meh. After playing through DOOM3, I wasn't left wanting more.

Especially after seeing the new Quake previews - it has lights. ;)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I wonder if they will invent duct tape this time around...
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Heh. Doom was INCREDIBLY underwhelming for me. I'm completely uninterested in this sequel.
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I would have called it Doom 3: Resurrection of Boredom.

:)

I hate to be mean, I really did enjoy Doom 3, even if it was too long. And I'll end up picking up the sequel simply because I can't stand not beating expansion packs if I finished the original game. I just hope they take some of the criticism into account and spice it up a little. Give us some outdoors levels on the Martian landscape! That's all I ask.