Invisible Inc/Formerly Incognito

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Turtle

Re: Invisible Inc/Formerly Incognito

Post by Turtle »

It's very much a game intended to be FTL-like, which makes the story somewhat disappointing since the story starts pretty interesting, and seems to build up, only to abruptly end. I honestly thought the end was just the end of an Act 1.

The story obviously leaves off at a strange and tenuous place, so expansions will be in order.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

In FTL the reward-to-risk ratio was generally spot-on.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah, their choice of ending of the story mode was an odd one. I guess unsatisfied was the feeling I got.

But overall I love the fame mechanics.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For those who might be considering getting this game, it's on sale till August 10th, 40% off. The sale is timed to coincide with the new Update 11 release, which is today, adding new stuff:
Update 11: Fresh Code
The update will be go live Aug 6. Along with bug fixes and balance tweaks, it will include almost a dozen new programs to pick up for Incognita, as well 2 new program unlocks for starting options.

Also, Sharp and Prism now have their alternate starting versions like the other agents. Sharp's alt lines up with the other agents as he comes with the standard Neural Disrupter and augment combo. His new augment is similar yet different than his standard one. Prism on the other hand changes the formula up more radically with her Holo Projection Mesh. She doesn't start with a weapon, but this item unique to Prism allows her to put on a guard disguise. As some have suggestion, disguise is a lot like invisibility, but it has it's own brand of perks and drawbacks that make it it's own thing.

Update 11: Fresh Code patch notes:
New Features

2 new starting programs to unlock.
8 new programs to find and buy at server terminals.
Kevin's expanded agent banter added[forums.kleientertainment.com].
New versions of the location maps:
new Vault
new CEO office
new Detention Center
new Guard Dispatch
new Server Farm
new Nanofab Vestibule
new Cyberlab (special!)
New starting room variations
Open single door hotkey - default is F
Armor icon and stat always visible on guards
Item requirements always show
CTRL click for right click on MAC enabled
Tooltip on guards searched and expertly searched by an agent with Anarchy 5
Augment grafter panel improved

Balance Changes

Felix daemon has been changed.
Cloak Rig III was changed.

Bug fixes

Guards insta killing KO agents when they wake up is fixed.
KO resistance will modify all KO effects like shocktaps and flash grenades
Fixed blocked peeking in an obscure case
Blinking rewind button no longer pauses gameplay
Time attack mode will now also unlock Expert level achievements
Holocircuit Overloaders do not make a noise that will alert guards.
Modded plastech guard spawn rate bug fixed
Endless key card exploit removed
Central can pick up the final mission item if she starts with a full inventory.
Anatomy Analysis will not activate on disabled heart monitors.
A Prisoner or Courier can abandon an agent in the field as long as at least one agent has escaped beforehand

DLC News
Previously we had said there would be a small PEIA (Pan Euro Infosec Agency) DLC. It was going be several new agents that Central worked with during her time in that organization. We've been listening to the comments on the forum and on Steam and the overwhelming desire is to see more of the campaign. So we've decided to expand the DLC's scope.

Along with the previously mentioned PEIA agents, this new larger "Contingency Plan" DLC will extend the time of the campaign as well as new programs and gear for the agents and new security for the corps. New guards, Daemons and other complications.

We will also be looking into the possibility of new game modes as well as extending the life of Endless Mode further than day 10. "Contingency Plan" will be coming out in the Fall.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've been meaning to play more of this game. I never got far and then got distracted but the game icon is still on my desktop, promising that I will get back to it one day.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Has anything been added to the end of the story campaign? The end really left me wanting more story.

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Scoop20906 wrote:Has anything been added to the end of the story campaign? The end really left me wanting more story.
Looks like that's going to be in the DLC they are working on.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm trying the Endless mode right now. I found this excellent Steam Guide, Comprehensive Guide to Endless Mode and I'm amazed at all the stuff that's in the game that I haven't come across yet.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Playing another campaign in Endless Mode, I changed the setting for number of rooms from 10 to 20; note that sometimes the game will merge together some rooms so the count won't necessarily equal exactly twenty. This is what my first map looked like. And there's actually one more room there, I hadn't unlocked it when I took the screen shot.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I need to pick this up again this weekend.

I say that every weekend.

I never got very far because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to proceed after the tutorial.

What does endless mode bring to the table that they story doesn't?

I say I'll pick this up this weekend, but really I'll end up playing MPQ or seeing how the latest update changed Clockwork Empires in hopes of them finally fixing the work queues.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

LordMortis wrote:I never got very far because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to proceed after the tutorial.
It's been a while since I did the tutorial, but after that you can just start the game and select "Story" mode. That will walk you through to the selection screen for your first campaign and you can use the default agents, equipment and programs. There's only one place to go on your first mission, where you get a list that unlocks other locations. Those other locations can get you new weapons or programs or money. Or go to a detention center and free an additional agent for your team.

You will lose a few times before you get to the finale mission (note, I'm saying "finale" because it's just not the last mission, it's the BIG one). And you'll lose a few times on the finale before you finally beat it. However, because all levels are procedurally generated, and because you have lots of starting agents and programs from which to chose, there's a lot of replay-ability to the game.

Also, after you select "Story" mode, you'll see a screen called Campaign Generation. One of the options is "Show Settings". If you select that (as you can see in the image below), you can adjust a lot of the parameters of a campaign. Of course you can also choose just to use the buttons on the left. I definitely recommend starting at Beginner; I've beaten the game there, but I kept getting my ass handed to me at Experienced so I tend to chicken out and stay with Beginner and just tweak the settings to make it a more interesting campaign.
LordMortis wrote:What does endless mode bring to the table that they story doesn't?
Story mode has a time limit in days, after that the finale mission occurs. In Endless mode, you can keep playing, upgrading your agents and getting new equipment, day after day, without running into a time limit. However, the missions get tougher and tougher as well. Additionally, you will be able to revisit some site types like Vaults that you may have only had one occasion to visit on a campaign. It's the challenge of seeing how many days you can last.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

LordMortis wrote:
I think you should finish story mode first before going to endless.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Archinerd wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Maybe this weekend.... Maybe...
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

LordMortis wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Maybe this weekend.... Maybe...
It's not long. Assuming you survive missions you should be able to get through in less than 10 hours.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

LordMortis wrote:I've been meaning to play more of this game. I never got far and then got distracted but the game icon is still on my desktop, promising that I will get back to it one day.
I have the same experience. I never finished my first time through, but really enjoyed the game. Unfortunately, it is competing with Elite and Rocket League for my limited gaming attention span.
Conform or be cast out!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I ended up playing a bunch of this over the weekend. I had intended to just pick it up and play a mission or two but ended up playing and losing several campaigns. Mostly Endless but I took a crack at the highest difficulty Story mode a few times too.

I think I did run into one bug (or maybe feature?) on one of my endless playthroughs though. I was on day 4 so the security ratings were all very high (5's I think). I went in on a 'recover the weapon/tech' mission type. After a bit of searching I located it and managed to snag it unseen. Unfortunately it had been a long trek across the map to get there and the alarm levels were rising and I still did not know where the teleporter to get out was.

Eventually I had been to every room on the floor except for one -- a heavy duty locked door (the kind that need the access card from a special mission type) guarded by an armored guard standing stationary directly in front of it. I was able to distract him away and get one of my agents to the door to peek through the key hole... behind was the teleporter. Unreachable, I did not have an access card. My agents fought on for as long as they could against the guards and enforcers but were no match for their firepower in the end.

I think it is a bug in the level generator, because that's just cruel, even for this game.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Archinerd wrote:I ended up playing a bunch of this over the weekend. I had intended to just pick it up and play a mission or two but ended up playing and losing several campaigns. Mostly Endless but I took a crack at the highest difficulty Story mode a few times too.

I think I did run into one bug (or maybe feature?) on one of my endless playthroughs though. I was on day 4 so the security ratings were all very high (5's I think). I went in on a 'recover the weapon/tech' mission type. After a bit of searching I located it and managed to snag it unseen. Unfortunately it had been a long trek across the map to get there and the alarm levels were rising and I still did not know where the teleporter to get out was.

Eventually I had been to every room on the floor except for one -- a heavy duty locked door (the kind that need the access card from a special mission type) guarded by an armored guard standing stationary directly in front of it. I was able to distract him away and get one of my agents to the door to peek through the key hole... behind was the teleporter. Unreachable, I did not have an access card. My agents fought on for as long as they could against the guards and enforcers but were no match for their firepower in the end.

I think it is a bug in the level generator, because that's just cruel, even for this game.
That's not a bug. In the Endless mode, once you get way in (and I do think it's day 4) the exit transporter is indeed behind a locked door. And the key to it is in one of the safes, but you don't know which one :grund:
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

jztemple2 wrote:
Archinerd wrote:I ended up playing a bunch of this over the weekend. I had intended to just pick it up and play a mission or two but ended up playing and losing several campaigns. Mostly Endless but I took a crack at the highest difficulty Story mode a few times too.

That's not a bug. In the Endless mode, once you get way in (and I do think it's day 4) the exit transporter is indeed behind a locked door. And the key to it is in one of the safes, but you don't know which one :grund:
I didn't have enough power generation at that point to get pass the fire walls in enough time for it to have made a difference so the outcome would have been the same even if I had known that. That's good to know for next time though.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I managed to extract this games hooks from me a month or two ago but it's find a way to entice me back.

The expansion, Contingency Plan will be released tomorrow.
More Starting Options: Four more Agents added to the roster bring some radical new potential to your teams along with two new starting programs.

More Corporate Challenge: Every corporation has expanded their roster with both new units and abilities as well as more advanced versions of familiar guards.

Lengthened Campaign: A complication in the middle of the campaign adds new challenges and more time to develop your team.

Deeper Endless: 10 more levels of mission difficulty to keep the pressure on as your agency powers up.

Side Objectives: New situations will present themselves that will provide a bit of reward at the cost of a bit or risk.
It's a must buy for me.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Archinerd wrote:I managed to extract this games hooks from me a month or two ago but it's find a way to entice me back.

The expansion, Contingency Plan will be released tomorrow.
More Starting Options: Four more Agents added to the roster bring some radical new potential to your teams along with two new starting programs.

More Corporate Challenge: Every corporation has expanded their roster with both new units and abilities as well as more advanced versions of familiar guards.

Lengthened Campaign: A complication in the middle of the campaign adds new challenges and more time to develop your team.

Deeper Endless: 10 more levels of mission difficulty to keep the pressure on as your agency powers up.

Side Objectives: New situations will present themselves that will provide a bit of reward at the cost of a bit or risk.
It's a must buy for me.
OK, I just got the expansion. I see lots of neat little changes and new abilities. I think I will need to relearn the game. Luckily, this will be a pleasure because its such a well thought out game.
But, ummm, does this mean the campaign still has the same non-ending ending as before?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I also want to say I bought this game back when it was very simple and it has grown and polished so much. The devs have done a great job. Guess I need to write a steam review.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This is on sale on steam for a few more hours, I picked it up on jzt's recommendation in the daily deal thread and am having a lot of fun with it. I'm still in my first game about 4 missions in, but it has been flawless so far.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I finished (won) my first campaign this morning. I was playing on beginner so I hope things get harder on Experienced because there were really only two points at which I was concerned in the Beginner campaign, both involving guards with level 4 armor that I had no way to handle - luckily guards are fairly easy to distract, otherwise it was a cakewalk. An EMP with a 7 block range solves a LOT of problems. :twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Depends a bit on gear you get too.
If I remember correctly, the guards are much tougher on the higher difficulty levels due to them having better gear and resistances. Also, I think there are more of them.

You're making me want to play this again.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yep. So many games I need to play and so little time. And then something new and shiny comes along.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I played a few missions on Experienced and yeah it is already a lot more intense.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

After several failed runs at Experienced, I dropped it down to Beginner. Had to use a couple level retries, which aren't an Experienced feature to get through even with the liberal use of rewinds. I used Shalem and Internationale.

Research indicates that there isn't much more than testing oneself against a higher difficulty level, which isn't really my bag. So it will go on the Finished pile and I'll try not to get sucked into some grindy game rather than something I can actually finish.
It's almost as if people are the problem.