Tom Clancy's The Division

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by Daehawk »

It needs to be around $10 before Ill buy it. And then Ill need to find $10.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My opinion is a little on the fence. It is a good game. The minute to minute gunplay is great, and the graphics are beautiful. The missions, however, started to feel very repetitive. I enjoyed my time with it, but I burned out before I reached the end.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Division Update 1.3: Underground - Patch Notes
Underground
  • There is a secret war going on in the uncharted and claustrophobic depths of Manhattan. Root out the threat and earn unique rewards.
  • Explore the Underground of New York in solo play or up to four player co-op.
  • Operations: Experience randomly generated levels with all new environmental hazards and traps.
  • Directives: Add a unique twist to your gameplay experience by changing the rules of engagement for both your enemies and your own team and combine more Directives to unlock better rewards.
  • Underground Rank: Earn Underground experience and climb in Rank to unlock new Directives, Operation types, and exclusive Vanity Items.

New Incursion: Dragon’s Nest
  • Travel to Hell’s Kitchen and investigate rumors of a new Cleaner weapon that can wreak havoc throughout Manhattan.
  • You must be level 30 and have completed the mission "General Assembly" to access the incursion.
  • The encounter is balanced for a team of four players outfitted with high-level gear.
  • Heroic Mode will be available one week after release.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

At 54 hours I finally beat the game last weekend. I have been playing mostly solo and getting PUGs for the missions. I enjoyed it for the most part and still have to wander around finishing up everything else.

I guess the next thing is to get into the dark zone and get on the gear grind.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

If you missed it, Ubi's added three free outfits to the Club Ubi reward stuff (get from the rewards vendor in base, central hallway, very back).

You log onto the Club Ubi web page (using your Uplay login):

and they'll be under Rewards. Just need to clack button on each to unlock (no Club Ubi points used, they're free):

It's a Splinter Cell Outfit, and two Rainbow Six outfits (Siege, Wildlands). I tried them out and really only the headphones headgear appealed to me). :)

I logged in for a while this weekend. I just read about too much continued problems and bugginess to feel like getting Underground even if the randomized "dungeons" sounds appealing in theory. They sound very group-focused, for better or worse.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can also claim the outfits directly from the uplay client by going to the game page and selecting the rewards tab.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Known Issues thread (all platforms):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/365590/di ... 717702753/
NEW ISSUES

[NEW] [UI] Invisible Sealed Caches
Description: We are aware of a bug where Sealed Caches will not appear correctly in the Dark Zone inventory.
Exploit: No

[NEW] [Performance] Falcon Lost Disconnections on PS4
Description: We are investigating reports of disconnections while playing Falcon Lost on Challenging and Heroic difficulty.

[NEW] [Gameplay] One is None
Description: We are aware of an issue where One is None may still jam weapons when the weapon is reloaded exactly when One is None regenerates a bullet.

[NEW] [Gameplay] Floating Weapons
Description: Some agents’ weapons can be seen floating in the Dark Zone.

[NEW] [Collectible] Echo Activation / Record
Description: We’ve received reports that echoes pertaining to multi-part missions are not registering correctly (Michael Dufrane, Judy Walters). This is being investigated by our team.
Potential Workaround: Do the mission again in a squad where the leader hasn’t done this mission yet.

[NEW] [Incursion] Missing Reward / Incursion
Description: It can happen that players do not receive their weekly reward upon first completion of Falcon Lost Challenge Mode if the player who entered the instance first already completed it this week.

[NEW] [Item] Paramedic Bag
Description: Players can acquire additional health packs.

[NEW] [Talent] Vigorous
Description: Doesn’t apply to Support Station healing.

[NEW] [Talent] Tech Support and Pulse
Description: Tech Support talent does not currently extend the duration of Pulse Skill.Tech Support – extends duration of active skill by 10% after a kill.

[NEW] [Interface] Uplay Friend Invites
Description: After several hours of gameplay, some users will no longer receive friend invites via Uplay (note this is friend invites, not game invites).
Potential Workaround: Restart the Uplay app.

[NEW] [Connectivity] Disconnection Fast Travel
Description: Users may be disconnected from the game if they fast travel to a mission while they restock from ammo crates. Users can return to the game from the title screen as normal.

[NEW] [Technical] CTD / Peripherals
Description: Users are reporting peripherals such as keyboards turning themselves off then crashing the game. We need more info such as make and model of keyboards. Please contact our support about this.

[NEW] [Gameplay] First Aid Collision
Description: We are aware of an issue where the First Aid skill may go through the ground instead of landing on it.

[NEW] [Gameplay] Auto Rejoin on Xbox One
Description: Players have reported not being automatically sent back to their group after being disconnected on Xbox One.

[NEW] [Gameplay] Underground Mission Interaction
Description: We are aware of issues when interacting with the train to start an Underground Operation, or the door to exit one after completing it.

[NEW] [Performance] Micro Freezes on Xbox One
Description: We are aware of performance issues on Xbox One where the image will regularly freeze for a few seconds.

[NEW] [Performance] FPS Drop on PC
Description: Players have reported suffering from FPS drops in various areas of the game.

[NEW] [Gameplay] Striker's Battlegear Buff
Description: We are aware of an issue where the buff provided with Striker’s Battlegear will be lost when swapping weapons.

[NEW] [Gameplay] Reclaimer Consumables Application Outside of Group
Description: We are investigating reports of consumables applying outside of the group when used with a Reclaimer in the Dark Zone.
Otherwise, everything's great! :D I revisited for a while. I didn't really experience any gamebreaking issues. I think like many others, just tired of rewards being essentially not terribly different or visually impressive gear, equipment or clothing. Which I think just comes as a Clancy franchise limitation. If they'd called the game "Big Guns and Biohazards," they could make everything as crazy looking as they wanted. I can't say if it would've been a better game then.

And the high end content reminded me of the Worst of mmorpg raid experiences. I actually enjoyed the "middle" content more than the high end stuff.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

morlac

Post by morlac »

$16.84 on Amazon. Good deal. I've played about 25 hours. It's a fun game and especially a blast running around with friends. I am very interested in starting over with a new character with this patch.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Update 1.4 patch notes.

Overview, courtesy of RPS:
The full patch notes are huuuuge but I’ll pick out a few other bits that caught my eye:
  • Players can now mark weapon and gear items as ‘favorites’ which locks them in their inventory. Locked items cannot be sold, shared or dismantled.
  • Added a buyback option to vendor’s inventory. Players can now recover items they have accidentally sold.
  • Equipped items are now always displayed at the top of the inventory list.
  • Time-to-kill enemy NPCs has been lowered.
  • Many improvements were made to enemy AI.
  • When matchmaking the game will now attempt to refill empty slots if the group privacy allows it.
  • Shotgunner NPCs: their damage falloff and accuracy have been slightly reduced. This should limit their range and lower their lethality in long to mid-range combat.
  • Player health will now progressively regenerate to full when out of combat.
  • All NPCs will now have chances to drop High-End and Gear Set items, tougher enemies (veteran, elites) have higher chances to drop.
  • Roamer NPC groups and bosses are now back in the open world. They now respawn every 4 hours.
  • Removed Skill Bonus from all gear items. Instead, Backpack, Holster and Kneepads will now have additional slots dedicated to Performance Mods (Backpack = 2, Holster = 1, Kneepads = 1). Note that this change will not be retroactive.
  • Armor has been overhauled
  • Global Rebalance pass on Gear Talents
  • Weapon Talents have been rebalanced

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Apparently the patch has greatly improved the game, and just in time.

Amazon has the PC boxed version for $10, a great deal. Though the digital download is $50. If you were looking to pick this up, looks like a good time to do so.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman wrote:Apparently the patch has greatly improved the game, and just in time.

Amazon has the PC boxed version for $10, a great deal. Though the digital download is $50. If you were looking to pick this up, looks like a good time to do so.
AW DAMN! I have wanted that since release and now I find out its $10 AFTER I signed back up for SWTOR and cant afford $10. Sigh.

EDIT: LOL I just saw my post at the top of the page...
It needs to be around $10 before Ill buy it. And then Ill need to find $10.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman wrote:Apparently the patch has greatly improved the game, and just in time.

Correction: Looks like the box has a uPlay product code also with the disks so it is digital in the end.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Servers were brutal last night. Lots of disconnecting. Hope it's better today.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Apparently the patch has greatly improved the game, and just in time.
Ive been hearing this from others. If it stays $10 I can get it in a week.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone seeing glitches still? Ill open a stash sometimes and lose all control with my mouse. I can move my cursor around but it does nothing in game. I can use keys on my keyboard like G to choose a nade type but cant move or anything. All I can do it quit out and restart. Happens a lot.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Daehawk wrote:Anyone seeing glitches still? Ill open a stash sometimes and lose all control with my mouse. I can move my cursor around but it does nothing in game. I can use keys on my keyboard like G to choose a nade type but cant move or anything. All I can do it quit out and restart. Happens a lot.
I haven't seen that on my end.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Daehawk wrote:Anyone seeing glitches still? Ill open a stash sometimes and lose all control with my mouse. I can move my cursor around but it does nothing in game. I can use keys on my keyboard like G to choose a nade type but cant move or anything. All I can do it quit out and restart. Happens a lot.
Picked it up for $10 from Amazon.

It's completely unplayable on my system. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes of gametime before I crash to desktop.

I've found lots of Nvidia owners online with the same issues. I've tried the tweaks - turn off snow effects, turn off the Ubi overlay and of course updated my drivers - which let me play a mission for about 20 minutes before it crashed again.

:doh: :x
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Huh. I've been running the game with a 980 ti and I haven't seen any issues. It's been really solid for me.
morlac

Post by morlac »

gbasden wrote:Huh. I've been running the game with a 980 ti and I haven't seen any issues. It's been really solid for me.

I have run it with a 660 and now a 1060 with zero issues beyond mediocre performance on the 660 which was not surprising. The Nvidia driver issues were from an Nvidia update in March version 364.51. I don't really see anything since then.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Using a GTX 770. Other than that strange loss of control and one hard crash Ive been fine. Working on getting our security guy back from the tunnel now. Got the electrical engineer and doctor back.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Geez, why does The Division start in windowed mode? How stupid. How do I fix this?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Grifman wrote:Geez, why does The Division start in windowed mode? How stupid. How do I fix this?
From the start menu, select Options/Video. You should be able to switch between windowed, windowed (full screen) and full screen. For me, the game starts in whichever mode I have selected.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Max Peck wrote:
Grifman wrote:Geez, why does The Division start in windowed mode? How stupid. How do I fix this?
From the start menu, select Options/Video. You should be able to switch between windowed, windowed (full screen) and full screen. For me, the game starts in whichever mode I have selected.
Where's the start menu? It keeps playing the opening cutscene/movie and then wants me to create a character? Can I not get to the options menu until I do all that?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its most likely very obvious to anyone other than me.....but other than medical upgrades just how do I increase my virus filter so I can go into higher lvl infected areas? Well actually any infected area because I seem to die no matter which I go in. For that matter just where do I see what lvl the infected area is so I can at least judge it. I dont even know how to see my own filter lvl.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote:Its most likely very obvious to anyone other than me.....but other than medical upgrades just how do I increase my virus filter so I can go into higher lvl infected areas? Well actually any infected area because I seem to die no matter which I go in. For that matter just where do I see what lvl the infected area is so I can at least judge it. I dont even know how to see my own filter lvl.
You increase your virus protection through the perks unlocked as you upgrade the medical wing. You can see your current protection level on the character information screen, as the first item in the exploration category. If you look at a contaminated zone on the map, the mouse-over information for the icon shows the contamination level. When you enter a contaminated zone, you'll see HUD indicator just above your health bars that shows your protection level and whether it is adequate for the contamination level.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you so much. I might start dying less hahaha. im guessing theres good items in there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there anything I should be spending my money on or saving ti for? Ive not bought a thing and have about 4000 credits saved. But dont know why Im saving it haha.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote:Is there anything I should be spending my money on or saving ti for? Ive not bought a thing and have about 4000 credits saved. But dont know why Im saving it haha.
I wouldn't worry about it. If you spot a nice weapon or piece of gear on a vendor you can buy it, but other than that you can pretty much get buy with what you loot or get from mission rewards.

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Today I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, patched and installed the UbiPlay client and The Division. There is no other software on my PC.

I crashed after about 5 minutes of gameplay.

For whatever reason this game is completely incompatible with my GTX 970.

I like the gameplay and would really like to be able to actually play the game but no game is worth these headaches.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Exodor wrote:Today I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, patched and installed the UbiPlay client and The Division. There is no other software on my PC.

I crashed after about 5 minutes of gameplay.

For whatever reason this game is completely incompatible with my GTX 970.

I like the gameplay and would really like to be able to actually play the game but no game is worth these headaches.
It works fine on mine.. must be something else..
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Division is having a free weekend on Steam from *now* until 2100Z 18 Dec 2016. If you like what you see, it is also on sale for 50% off.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

FWIW Ill throw out a recommendation. I thought the beta was ok but passed on buying until I could find a sale. I never found one and then heard bad stuff about the game. But thanks to a kind person here on OO I was gifted a copy of the game. I will tell you I am having even more fun with it than I expected to have. Im not sure what all the negativity is surrounding the game but Im not seeing it. Its very fun to run around in the snow and cold running missions and helping people in need. So far im all alone and have not grouped with anyone and Im doing fine. Its cold here in real life so being cold both here and in game is really making it immersive lol.

So I say if you have even thought about it then give the free play a go. You might be surprised.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I've been watching it for a while and understand the latest update really improved the game, but as someone that would only be playing solo I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I am trying to download it now so I guess when that finishes tomorrow night...I can give it a try over the weekend. Also, F-U Century Link DSL.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Brian

Post by Brian »

I ran solo through the entire original release version of the game twice and enjoyed it both times.

It's a very solo-able game.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Brian wrote:I ran solo through the entire original release version of the game twice and enjoyed it both times.

It's a very solo-able game.
Same, and I played in the Open PVP area for dozens for hours solo as well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Good to know - thanks for the info.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can definitely solo the PvE content with no trouble. The changes that they've made to the end-game content has also made that very solo-friendly as well, and you can fully gear up (including gear sets) without needing to group or do pvp.

As far as I know, you do still need a group to be able to do Incursions, and grouping is helpful if you want to run in the Dark Zone, do higher difficulty Underground missions or actually survive Survival missions. The Survival missions can be completed solo, but you need to be just a bit more skillful than I am to pull it off. :)

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Booted up the game. Takes long enough to log me in that I have time to stick a round of dishes in the dishwasher. Looks cool. Go to character creation, the randomly generated character is a bald chinese guy. I click around on the various appearance options, nothing happens. Fine, I'll just go with the bald chinese guy. Start the game, my guy is now a cornbread white dude with teenager stubble. ::eyeroll::

Run around for a bit, get some initial missions. The game says there are bad guys here, even has the indicators and everything. Too bad the indicators are hovering over thin air. I'm still getting shot though. The bad guys load in after they've killed me. Annoying, but I figure it out. Gather some loot, upgrade my armor a little.

Move on to the next mission, tells me to go to some sewer tunnels or whatever. The entire way there, there's a "loading" icon spinning in the bottom right of the screen and half the world's geometry and textures is either not loaded at all or low res. Then I run into the invisible wall. I literally cannot move past it. There's nothing in the way, the objective is behind it. I spend a couple of minutes walking around, maybe there's a way around the invisible wall? Nope. Quit, uninstall.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sounds like it was not fully downloaded yet.