Far Cry 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Far Cry 4

Post by Daehawk »

This thing...pissed...meeeeee off...argh... I sided with Sibal....then killed him mwahaha...and I know where Amita is because I let her live..Im now on my way to kill her..i let Pagan live and fly off...love that guy. But getting to the top of the mountain is a PAIN to kill her. the buzzer stalls RIGHT at the little lip you need to get on to climb up to her...they made it a pain. So far I did it ONCE back a ways just when I made sure I could get up there...since then Ive crashed and exploded on 27 attempts LOL. Good lord.

I was looking forward to the expansion packs...now Im not bothering lol...at least not for a few months.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Finished this this afternoon at about 34% I think. I'm up to 45%, not sure if I'll go to 100%. Just started Shadows Of Mordor, although the amount of keys on that one is a little daunting. Gonna see if maybe I should try it with a controller instead of keyboard and mouse.

I kill Pagan, sided with Sibal.

So to craft things you need skins, the sniper rifle will stop a rhino in one shot. Wow. I feel like a god wielding that thing. And then I feel bad for killing so many animals :( Like the culling the herd mission that you can get near the arena... I spotted the herd all huddle together and I threw a Molotov cocktail in the middle of the family reunion... :( The screams still haunt me.

Buzzsaw is suck a beast weapon also for taking down helos.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

tjg_marantz wrote:Just started Shadows Of Mordor, although the amount of keys on that one is a little daunting. Gonna see if maybe I should try it with a controller instead of keyboard and mouse.
Yes, yes you should.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I finished this on the PS4 today. I copied over my screenshots, and was going through them.

By coincidence, I was reading an article on the deaths on Mount Everest yesterday.

I recognized one of my screenshots as a near-perfect recreation of one of the bodies on Everest, Francys Arsentiev (Wikipedia link.) It is nearly perfect, from the condition to the pose to the color of the clothing to the bared right shoulder. I remember reading about how the woman's son, who died when he was 11, accidentally found the shot of her frozen corpse on the internet and was traumatized by it.

I sure hope he doesn't play games.

Click to embiggen. You'll have to google Francys Arsentiev Everest if you want to find the picture it seems to be based on.

Enlarge Image
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That screencap appears to be more like Hannelore Schmatz than Francys Arsentiev to me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:That screencap appears to be more like Hannelore Schmatz than Francys Arsentiev to me.
Hm. You're right - the article I read had it mislabeled (as do several others.) Still, it strikes me as a little odd, recreating a victim of tragedy in such detail in a video game.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I remember when this came out, I wanted to get it but I knew my PC couldn't handle it. Now? Runs it like a champ. This game is awesome, though as stated earlier in this thread the random animal attacks (eagle, snake) are getting annoying. But the size and open exploration element...this is exactly the type of game I love.

I don't know who came up with the idea of adding the autogyro to the game, but it's perfect. Might be one of my favorite vehicles ever for a game.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I was looking to kill some gaming time waiting for Ghost Recon Wildlands to come out, so I reinstalled and started up a new campaign of this. I hadn't played in a couple of years and, surprisingly for me, I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm replaying the stuff I played before. This really is my favorite open world game, so much so that I violated one of my cardinal rules and ordered the season pass.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And once again, I decided to reinstall and play this game. I got bored with AC Odyssey, since I felt it had become repetitive, plus I'm just not a fan of all that melee. I thought about continuing on Far Cry 5, which I stopped at 57%, but I remembered how disappointing it seemed to be after Far Cry 4. So why not play Far Cry 4 again? It's been four and a half years since I played it all the way through, and 19 months since I started it and put in just a few hours before stopping. So I reinstalled and started playing again, but not before being able to turn the graphics up to Ultra :D thanks to my new GTX 1060 6GB card.

The gameplay does really hold up. Kyrat is beautiful, the story is interesting, and I'm a fan of shooting rather than slashing. And I have some new content since I got the Season Pass. Anyone else recently gave this game another try?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hunting rhinos with an RPG is easy, but unfortunately, it leaves the skins unusable. Luckily, the shotgun dance around a tree is almost as effective.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I beat that game in 2 minutes.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:28 am I beat that game in 2 minutes.
Assuming you are talking about the alternate ending, I believe that it would have taken you a minimum of ~12 minutes. Since you literally have to wait 10 minutes (or is it 15?) for him to come back.

So I call bogus on your claim! :P

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I took a nap so it felt like 2 minutes.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeebus, this game keeps going. I have 50 hours in and only tonight opened up the back half of the map. I then completed all of the radio towers.