Offworld Trading Company from Soren Johnson's Mohawk Games

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Island Dog

Re: Offworld Trading Company from Soren Johnson's Mohawk Gam

Post by Island Dog »

There was a small hotfix today to address some MP issues that were being reported. If you were having any trouble, that should solve it. :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Island Dog wrote:There was a small hotfix today to address some MP issues that were being reported. If you were having any trouble, that should solve it. :)
I'm pretty sure that it was bugs that caused me to lose both games that we played the other day.
Black Lives Matter.
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Patch 3 went out today with a variety of fixes and improvements.

Full changelog: http://forums.offworldgame.com/477702/
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

New Map Toolkit DLC is out today for Offworld Trading Company. :)

Info: http://forums.offworldgame.com/477942/
New Map Editing Tool
Design and create your own Martian landscapes with looming plateaus, deep craters, and more

New Maps
Enjoy several new maps based on real Martian locations, perfect for getting you started with editing your own

New Campaign Locations
Explore new maps that work with the "real Mars maps" option, now incorporated into the campaign
Enlarge Image
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Patch 5 for OTC went out today. :)

Full changelog: http://forums.offworldgame.com/479008/
Features
  • Added an option to Turn Off Unprofitable Buildings
  • You can now speed up Daily Challenge games (if you want!)
Balance
  • Debt thresholds are higher in games with 5+ players
  • Increased effect of Power Shortages and Surpluses
  • Lowered starting Offworld prices for Food & Oxygen
  • Colony grows faster
Fixes
  • Fix for the bug where you couldn't name the lobby when you created it
AI
  • Better algorithm for holograms
UI
  • Better piracy feedback
  • Shows resource lines when placing scientific buildings
  • More accurate Total Costs text for constructing buildings
  • When observing, can now see closest buyout percent for all players
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

If anyone wants to try this multiplayer hit me up on Steam. I enjoy the game a lot but every-time I've tried playing with other people I get destroyed. Apparently I'm terrible if I don't have the option to pause regularly.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub on steam,
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pyperkub wrote:Pyperkub on steam,
when the servers fell.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

The Ceres Initiative DLC for Offworld Trading Company is out today. :)

More info: http://forums.offworldgame.com/478998/
Features
New Location: Ceres - The largest asteroid in the asteroid belt, Ceres presents great challenges to colonization with its vast spans of ice and rock. Enjoy some new scenery as you crush your competition to remain on top of the stock market.

New Building: Nuclear Power Plant - The new power plant is an excellent source of energy for your colony and can be built on any tile. This building is powered by Uranium and is only available on Ceres.

New Challenge: Depleting Resources - On Ceres, resources deplete as they are used. Over time, your plots will start to decrease and you will need to be on the lookout for new resource points since even the best of them won't last forever.

New Resource: Uranium - Only available on Ceres, this mineable resource provides power to Power Plants and is just one more way to manipulate the stock market in your favor.

New Patent: Liquid Batteries - This new patent could be critical to the success of your colony on Ceres. Liquid Batteries will allow you to keep your Solar Condenser running no matter what time of the day it is, collecting valuable water so you can keep your operations running smoothly.
Enlarge Image
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

FYI - This just went on sale on Steam for $13.59. I had some interest when it was released but it fell off my radar, I'm going to read the rest of the thread to see if I should jump on it...
-something witty-
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I struggle to pull the trigger at that price. Sure, if I was in a slump and casting about for something to play 15 bucks is easy to let go of, but for something that I probably won't get to in the next 6 months, 15 bucks isn't enough of a lure.
Zitterbacke

Post by Zitterbacke »

I wouldn't buy it again, also the second copy I gifted didn't get played a lot, too. Just the training missions and then I lost interest. This one needs very special interest, I seem to prefer big scale (e.g. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance)
Gaming? Nope, I'm into Bitwig.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I definitely got my monies worth out of the game but I would say it’s not one you are likely to devote hundreds of hours with. Very much a pick up and play for 30minutes to an hour game.
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

The Patron and The Patriot DLC is out today for OTC.

Lots of info here: http://forums.offworldgame.com/480251
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/538090/
Features:
  • Colony Class - Each colony now specializes in one area of the economy, altering local market conditions in a variety of ways.
  • Campaign Length - The campaign tournament can now last for 4, 7, or 10 games. Each length comes with its own balance tweaks and gameplay subtleties.
  • Wholesale Orders game mode - Not all colonies want you to build habitats and work modules for them. Now some instead want your company to supply a variety of wholesale goods.
  • Two new Characters - New CEOs with new gameplay perks.
  • Story-Driven Campaigns - Six interactive short stories about life on Mars, available to experience through playing the new characters on each different length of campaign.
  • New Staffing Perks & New Achievements
Enlarge Image
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

We're excited to announce Steam Workshop support in Offworld Trading Company!

With this update:
  • Modding xml data for buildings, units, resources, and more
  • Writing your own C# code that can execute alongside the game's code
  • Accessing Steam Workshop easily through the game
  • Easy access to your work with a new "Mods" screen on the Start menu
  • Downloading other game mods from around the world
More info can be found here: http://forums.offworldgame.com/480908

The game is also 66% off through the weekend. :)

Enlarge Image
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Island Dog wrote:The game is also 66% off through the weekend. :)
I knew there was a reason I bought the game and all the DLC a couple weeks ago. I think it was on sale then, too - maybe not 66%, though.

I just bought it "to have ready" when I wanted to play, too. I might do that too much. :think:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

The Blue Chip Ventures DLC is available today!

Info: http://forums.offworldgame.com/481268/N ... -Available

Learn valuable management skills and become a better executive by undertaking a unique scenario from one of these different categories:
  • Supply and Demand: They want it? You’ve got it. Focus on monopolizing resources and learn the right times to shift your focus to keep yourself ahead of your competition.
  • Play Well With Others: Can’t we all just get along? Focus on how best to handle your opponents - and also how to work well on a team with your allies to seal your victory.
  • Long-Term Planning: You’re in it for the long haul! Deal with debt strategies and turn around a losing game through careful planning.
  • Challenge: Playtime is over! These scenarios will force you to take all of the concepts you’ve learned and execute them flawlessly in order to win.
Trailer: https://youtu.be/uUJgonPqUK4
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Video: https://youtu.be/B6qeZGREJhE

Zultar has a new features video up today which takes a tour of the new structures you'll find only on Io in Jupiter's Forge.

Read the dev journal here....

http://www.stardock.com/games/article/4 ... d-to-Drink
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Zultar has a new dev journal where he takes a look back at some of the major changes OTC has seen in the past year.

http://www.stardock.com/games/article/4 ... ng-players
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Jupiter's Forge is releasing this Thursday!
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Conspicuous Consumption DLC was released today and brings cosmetic upgrades for advanced buildings with custom art, animations, and audio lines.

https://youtu.be/I7-HgtCnMVE

More info: https://forums.offworldgame.com/484821
Island Dog

Re: Offworld Trading Company from Soren Johnson's Mohawk Games

Post by Island Dog »

The new Limited Supply DLC is available today which lets you play over a dozen unique and challenging scenarios about humanity's settling of Mars and aid the growing colonies to ensure their futures.

Details here: https://forums.offworldgame.com/486456/

Trailer: https://youtu.be/FrzmtVZhZN8
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

We have made some of the loading screen images into wallpapers that you can download for your desktop. :)

https://forums.stardock.net/487109/
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Island Dog wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:57 pm We have made some of the loading screen images into wallpapers that you can download for your desktop. :)

https://forums.stardock.net/487109/
Thanks. Love this kind of stuff.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

New OTC cast video up today. Community members Rhahi and Deathtacticus face off in the Winter Cup Final.

https://youtu.be/qr3FAT3rgBY
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So Cortillian, Redfive and myself tried this multiplayer tonight. It...was fun, although there are enough moving parts and none of us had even played a single game (either multi or single player) that it was a frantic learning experience. After a couple more games the pacing seems reasonable for our level of understanding. Later it might be too fast or too slow, I have no idea.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we had fun, and I know Red and I are looking forward to playing it again. I believe Cort is as well.

Freyland is supposed to join us but I think he has been pretty busy so I'm not sure he has time to learn a new game. Hopefully he will figure out a way to start playing it a bit.

Frey, I spent probably 30 minutes reading about the game, and then whatever time it took to do the first 2 tutorials. That's all the time I had learning the game and I knew enough to be competitive with the other 2 guys (who are also complete newbs). We'd like to see you join us if you can find the time.

I vaguely recall NoxiousDog looking for someone to play multiplayer with, although chances are he's out of our league. Still, if you're around ND and want to join us, let us know. We're on most nights around 9:30-10pm eastern.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Maybe at some point, my game plate is overflowing and I also just got a 'real' camera to play with so busy. You guys have fun, it's a great game.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I was just bemoaning to my wife this morning about how, with the waning of PUBG, I likely wasn't going to get to talk much with online friends I had come to value so much. Given it's apparent MP focus, I have no doubts that OTC would be a good (and I assume fun) way to maintain that online presence. I will start the tutorials tonig--100 ton Atlas stomps through my library like the Kool-Aid guy, vaporizes my dog with a PPC and passes into the kitchen.

Um... but there is this BattleTech problem I have...
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Cort will have the same mech problem, so it's to be expected. Hell, if impressions are good, I might be stomping my own mechs around.

The OTC games are pretty short, and while we learn offense and defense, have been very short because we just don't know how to stay alive very long.

Red has been talking about GTA 5 after watching the videos in the LFG thread.

Plus, I think Cort, Red and myself are still enjoying pubg, just in smaller doses. I realize the bloom is off the rose for you, which I completely understand. If it helps with OTC motivation, I found myself screaming "FFFFUUUUCCCKKK YYYYOOOUUU" into the mic a lot less in our OTC games than in our pubg games.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Heh, I'll take Goo's loud exclamations of disgust over my desync problems any day. I can't imagine not wanting to play anymore PUBG at all, but I am forcing myself to break my "habit" in favor of some of the games I spend my day wanting to play.

That damn Atlas is back again.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Its brevity is one of the best parts of OTC MP, you don't have to wait too long to lose :)
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 pm Heh, I'll take Goo's loud exclamations of disgust over my desync problems any day. I can't imagine not wanting to play anymore PUBG at all, but I am forcing myself to break my "habit" in favor of some of the games I spend my day wanting to play.

That damn Atlas is back again.
My problem with pubg is that too often we end the evening on a sour note. I don't want to play a game that puts me in such a bad mood on a regular basis.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:10 am So Cortillian, Redfive and myself tried this multiplayer tonight. It...was fun, although there are enough moving parts and none of us had even played a single game (either multi or single player) that it was a frantic learning experience. After a couple more games the pacing seems reasonable for our level of understanding. Later it might be too fast or too slow, I have no idea.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we had fun, and I know Red and I are looking forward to playing it again. I believe Cort is as well.

Freyland is supposed to join us but I think he has been pretty busy so I'm not sure he has time to learn a new game. Hopefully he will figure out a way to start playing it a bit.

Frey, I spent probably 30 minutes reading about the game, and then whatever time it took to do the first 2 tutorials. That's all the time I had learning the game and I knew enough to be competitive with the other 2 guys (who are also complete newbs). We'd like to see you join us if you can find the time.

I vaguely recall NoxiousDog looking for someone to play multiplayer with, although chances are he's out of our league. Still, if you're around ND and want to join us, let us know. We're on most nights around 9:30-10pm eastern.
Ping me - I think I have my gaming rig setup again (fingers crossed). I'll be seeing Ready Player One tonight however.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Island Dog

Post by Island Dog »

Offworld Trading Company is having a FREE weekend on Steam starting today! We're also streaming the game on Steam. :)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

A few of us have recently started playing this multiplayer amongst ourselves. While I understand in general how the game works, I have no idea how to predict, react in time or control the market.

Every game I either make everything my HQ needs myself, which keeps me behind the market and low on funds, but if I can stay alive long enough I can sometimes win it on manager, with lots of pausing (solo only). Or I just randomly venture into some of the more complex manufactured items and hope for the best. As you can imagine, the outcome is completely random.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Check your Steam inv guys. I got a 50% the addon Jupiter's Forge. I was going to offer it up here then discovered I owned the game myself. The addon was on sale for about $9.50 then the coupon for it to below $5 so used it myself. So you guys may have a coupon in your inv.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive never played this one before but this type of game / genre does interest me. More so many ages ago than now. I am just now completing the tutorials and so far Im finding it very interesting and time wasting fun. Its not like anything else I'm playing or have played recently. A nice change of pace you could say.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:18 am Ive never played this one before but this type of game / genre does interest me. More so many ages ago than now. I am just now completing the tutorials and so far Im finding it very interesting and time wasting fun. Its not like anything else I'm playing or have played recently. A nice change of pace you could say.
I like the game but kinda suck. I would be interested in multiplayer if anyone is up for it.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯