Dawn of War - Animation fun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jow

Dawn of War - Animation fun

Post by Jow »

I've been looking at some screencaps and animated gifs posted on dawnofwargame.com and thought it'd be fun to set up some games with the specific purpose of taking some screencaps and video for conversion to animated gifs. Anyone up for this? I should be free later this evening for a bit...
MeSlayer

Post by MeSlayer »

Remember you can play a normal game, save the replay, and then take screenshots at your leisure, rather than trying to move around the wonky camera while controlling your guys

Thats what most people I know that have made movies and stuff have done
Hello this is a signature.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Go to the official forums, and find the "post your uber shots here!" thread.

There's this guy called zcubed that went absolutely nuts with the animated gifs. Good lord. He even got a Bloodthirster vs. Avatar killing move, for both outcomes!
Jow

Post by Jow »

Meslayer: That's what I was planning on. Just playing around with units/buildings for a while with someone, saving the replay, then going through it and doing all the capturing.

That's the thread I was talking about, SH. :) there are some other scenarios I'd like to try to get shots of, like the li'l gretchin guys getting blown sky-high when the buildings they're sitting on blow up, not to mention wanting to see (and capture) Squiggoth killing animations against the other superunits.