Hatoful Boyfriend

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Hatoful Boyfriend

Post by Isgrimnur »

Steam $9.99
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school. Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little romance in this delightful remake of Hato Moa’s popular visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend!
Wiki entry
As revealed in Bad Boys Love, Hatoful Boyfriend is set in a post-apocalyptic dystopian future version of Earth in which a pandemic of a deadly, mutated strain of the H5N1 virus, or bird flu, nearly wipes out mankind in the year 2068. Two years later, a countermeasure to stop the spread of the disease—namely, a counter-virus cultivated to destroy the virus' avian carriers—ends up backfiring as birds who resisted the counter-virus ended up gaining human-level intelligence instead. War soon breaks out between the newly uplifted birds and the remnants of humanity, after which birds emerge as the planet's new dominant lifeforms. By the year 2100, total human population has dwindled to 140 million virus-resistant individuals from a pre-pandemic height of 10.2 billion in 2068; following several terrorist attacks by a human insurgency, all remaining humans have been forced to live in the wilderness away from civilization in a form of apartheid-like segregation.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sepiche

Re: Hatoful Boyfriend

Post by Sepiche »

If you're curious about this game and haven't read this... enjoy. :)
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... ut-pigeons
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Sepiche wrote:If you're curious about this game and haven't read this... enjoy. :)
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk ... ut-pigeons
I was going to recommend the same. This was one of the funniest threads I had followed in a long time :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Funny? I just finished an ending and it completely felt like I was punched in the stomach. Like...totally didn't see it coming at all. It's weird, as I started playing it seemed ridiculous, but the more time I spent conversing with birds, the more their distinct personalities stood out and a deeper story emerged. I feel now like I need to go back and play it a completely different way as the ending I obtained was way too depressing for a game about dating birds. :cry:

For those playing along, it was Nageki Fujishiro. Jesus. Pigeons.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daughter was at me to play this again. Loaded up an old save file and we finished it in less than 30 minutes (I guess I was far along before). I thought that would satisfy her but it did not, so we played a new game.

I got ending #13, I'm a true Java Sparrow!

In the new game we're (because my daughter and I are playing togetherish) going after the snobby aristocrat. Under his arrogant, prejudiced and offensive demeanor, I'm sure is a softer, more vulnerable bigot just waiting to disparage my family heritage.

I am now VP of the student council under his leadership. If you know what I mean. *wink*