Any UT2005/6 news?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Any UT2005/6 news?

Post by Zaxxon »

Being the pure UTaholic that I am, I crave news of the next PC incarnation of UT. Alas, I haven't heard anything, aside from the generic--it's coming, it'll use the UEngine 3. It's understandable that Epic is focusing on Unreal Championship 2 Xbox right now, but surely there's some small morsel of news out there that I've missed. Anyone heard anything?
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Nope. Wasn't surprised when CPL talked about it and pretty much confirmed that another UT was in the works.

I don't mind yearly updates as long as the new content is good but I strongly doubt that this title has legs to crank out new modes year after year.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

wankerjr wrote:I don't mind yearly updates as long as the new content is good but I strongly doubt that this title has legs to crank out new modes year after year.
I agree--I think every other year works well, which despite the titles is about what they did between UT2k3 and 4. Like I was telling Disarm yesterday, I thought UT99 was the perfect online FPS, but Epic managed to make it much better with UT2k4 (though it did take them 2 tries). I think that moving the game to the new Unreal engine and adding a minimal amount of content would be a worthwhile upgrade for the next version, especially if it's priced reasonably and includes a rebate like UT2004 did.
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

I have heard and read all sorts of rumors/news. The most recent is 2005 was not going to use the Unreal 3 engine, that the Unreal 3 engine would make it's first appearance in 2006/2007 on unreal tournament. After another game was developed with it first. Also Unreal 2005 might be a free upgrade to 2004 owners. There is probably alot of transition going on at epic since they changed publishers from atari to midway.
Here can check out the reality engine version: Runreal Engine