Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Montag

Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

Post by Montag »

I bought it and ready to create some havoc. MontagGG is looking for a crew.
words
Brian

Post by Brian »

Invite sent.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey Montag..I got an email where you sent a friend request in GTA V...I haven't played in a good while now and dont plan to for a while. When I get the chance and remember Ill log in and accept though. Just wanted you to know I saw it and am not ignoring you :) Wasn't sure who you were there for a min.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Montag

Post by Montag »

Daehawk wrote:Hey Montag..I got an email where you sent a friend request in GTA V...I haven't played in a good while now and dont plan to for a while. When I get the chance and remember Ill log in and accept though. Just wanted you to know I saw it and am not ignoring you :) Wasn't sure who you were there for a min.
No worries. It's the price I pay for bargain shopping and coming in after a game had its peak play time.
words
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'll have to get my ID when I'm at home. I'd like to get some play in
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I stopped playing because I could never get it to run right on my rig. I would be fine for a while and then it would go to hell. I was having so much fun when it did work. I don't think I have the patience/money to upgrade the current computer I have. Totally regret getting a dell even though it's given me no issues.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Montag

Post by Montag »

Is the Octopi Overlords crew dead - any interest in resurrecting it?
words
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

After being away from the game for quite a while, I fired up GTAV just to drive around a bit. I find it sad to hear that there will probably not be any DLC that will add new story lines to the game. GTAV has such a detailed, immersive world that it just seems so much a waste to spend the time running around in online mode pulling jobs and gunning each other down. It makes me nostalgic for GTA San Andreas and GTA IV, where I felt there were much more developed story characters.

So I did what I like to do in GTAV, I got on a bicycle and rode around Los Santos, trying to go down alleys, through walkways and around buildings and storage yards and just what have you. And I have gone back to third person mode. Sure, first person was fun when it first came out, but the most pulled back third person view really lets you see the environment. And riding on a bike you go slow enough to read the signs in the windows, overhear people talking and check out the little details. And sometimes I even go on foot, especially down on the beach. I look at the sunset, wander along the shops and listen to the surf.

Then I steal a car, run down a few hookers and die in a horrible wreck :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Frost

Post by Frost »

jztemple2 wrote:
Then I steal a car, run down a few hookers and die in a horrible wreck :roll:
Ahhh, just like real life :)

Just started this game in the past week after I received it as a gift. Not very far in, but it's fun. I'm only interested in single player. It does seem like an awful lot of work was put in to not bother creating some more story lines as DLC.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Grabbed a new video card. I need to load this up again. I got it directly from Rockstar so the download should only take about 5 years. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm still playing occasionally. What I really would like is to be able to run some heists but they all require four players and I would prefer not to play with randoms.

So, if anybody would be up for running some heists and/or missions, give me a shout.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll load it up this week and see if it works well now. It should and I really liked the online stuff. I felt bad as we had a good group going, but the game kept on going to crap on me. :( Pretty sure my new card should fix all that.

I'll let you know when I get a chance to try it again.

Frost

Post by Frost »

Octavious wrote:Grabbed a new video card. :P
what card did you get?

I'm running it on a gtx 970 with a 4690k cpu and getting excellent frame rates, although I haven't tinkered with the visual settings.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

970. Which is surprisingly still very expensive. :x I had a 660 before. I think the extra 2g of memory should help a ton. All the other games I have fly now with it. I get a solid 60 FPS in Dirt Rally with all high settings. :) I only have a i5-3450 though. I'll have to upgrade the mobo and case to go any further. I crammed the 970 into a Dell XPS 8500. :lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's downloading. Since I got it through Rockstar it will take a day to download. God I wish I had just paid full price and got it through steam instead of GMG. Never again.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Finally got it reinstalled last night. Won't be around this weekend. It does run much better now woo.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Ping me when you want to do some online play.

If you want, shoot me your ID and I'll send you a crew invite as well.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Pretty sure it's Octavious230. I doubt I'll have time until sometime next week. It's been nuts at work the last 2 weeks.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That took longer than I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I thought it was supposed to be Kate Upton.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Daehawk wrote:Trevor...holy crap. He is disgusting to look at but wow the fun. He says some truly funny stuff . I just went from defending my meth lab wit ha guy who looks like Heisenberg to redneck rampage where I killed 25 rednecks. Lol.
One of my favorite parts of the game so far has been the Rampage on the hipsters/millennials. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I finished the main story. Anything else worth doing before moving on to FO4 or Witcher 3? I don't want to buy the DLC.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They should have a system in place that ranks or grades cases BEFORE going to court so a lot of these frivolous lawsuits get dumped early.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote:They should have a system in place that ranks or grades cases BEFORE going to court so a lot of these frivolous lawsuits get dumped early.
I was only part of a single frivolous lawsuit case but I don't think that's how it works. When the suit is filed, the defendant indicates that case is without merit and that if that plaintiff proceeded, the defendant will be countering with a frivolous lawsuit filing. At that point, the judge advises the plaintiff that by continuing they're now at risk for being held responsible for anything associated with defending against the frivolous claim (fees, lawyer bills, etc...). Once the original case is then settled, a determination of frivolity can then be determined. IANAL, but that's how I remember it. I'm certain there are other metrics in place to determine whether or not a suit can even be filed.

They were warned, they didn't believe my boss; it didn't work out for them and they had to pay our defense costs.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:I finished the main story. Anything else worth doing before moving on to FO4 or Witcher 3? I don't want to buy the DLC.
Hmm. Unless you are into all the hunting down stuff of the letters and UFO parts I'd say you are done. I

I still boot it up sometime to drive around and enjoy the scenery.

By the way, how did things end up for you?

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:By the way, how did things end up for you?
In what way? I chose option C to keep Michael and Trevor alive. Finished all the Rampage and most of the side missions.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah. That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah. That's what I was wondering. Thanks.
72% of the game completed. I didn't buy any buildings, collect UFO parts, or pick-up nuclear waste. I did a couple of the parachute jumps, and maybe 5 of the random missions that occur when you drive by the people and they flag you down for help. Around 60 hours spent playing the game. A good $20 investment.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I am having the worst luck.

Ive always wanted that big monster truck at the radio station. I took it once for fun and left it somewhere never to see it again. Ive been away from GTA V for over half a year or more..maybe a year. I go back tonight and theres my monster truck at the station....so ya I take it. I take it home and shove it in my garage.

Shove being the word to read or maybe squish is better. I got it in there and it squished it down on the suspension. Now its STUCK in my garage. My home garage. When I try to leave it gets stuck on the garage door and I cant move it out. Online says if ya got a stuck vehicle in your garage get a tow truck. So after looking for an hour and finally stealing one off the road at the far north I hook it up and it cant pull it out. Ive spun the tires off it and its still stuck.

Worse now the tow truck is stuck in front of my garage because I cant find a way to unhook it. So the monster truck is stuck in the garage and the tow truck is stuck to it outside the garage. SIGH.

I think my only choice now is to try and blow up the one in the garage and park my bike in there and see what happens on relog. I almost...almost...find it comical.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

iTS OUT. i BLEW IT UP A FEW TIMES AND DIED A FEW TIMES...DAMN HOSPITAL BILLS AND TRIPS. bUT FINALLY IT SPAWNED JUST RIGHT SO THAT WHEN THE GARAGE DOOR OPENED IN OPENED UP OVER THE TRUCK AND i GOT IN AND BACKED IT OUT.

And Im not retyping that with caps lock off..i mtired. :)_
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh Lord I just had to do the torture scene. I thought Id done that already. Felt awful doing it. Id rather just shoot people lol. I fried him to death then early in I pulled a tooth and he never spoke well after that. ugh just horrible feeling. Poor guy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Damn that torture mission. Last night in a normal dream Im trying to talk and Im talking just like the guy whose tooth I yanked out in that scene. Ugh.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was probably 25% through the game's story and then this summer I switched to a new computer. I fired it up last week and was surprised to learn that for some reason neither STEAM or R* have cloud copies of my save games. That is rather unfortunate and I'm completely confused as it seems like a no-brainer. What is the point of having me sign in to R* through STEAM if they're not going to provide cloud saves for my game???
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hmmm it had saved mine. I had to move it to a new drive. Maybe it just wasn't turned on in Steam for that game?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I've been playing this game like it's my job for about a month now and I'm amazed at how much *stuff* there is to do. The story is much larger than I realized but I think I'm about 75% done with it. It also looks and runs amazing on a new computer. If you have upgraded recently, definitely load it back up again because it looks way better than I remember from a few years ago.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm still looking for someone to run some of the heists with. Let me know if you are interested.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there any way to turn that dang house radio off or change the channel? I hate rap and its becoming enough to make me stay away from home .

For funsies I bought Trevor the ugliest plaid polyester suit I could find. I think the suit glasses and cap all fit him and his style of stupid well.

Enlarge Image

As for heist just yell at me if you see me online. Im not very good at the MP but its not for lack of trying :)

Also I stole a sweet old corvette style vert tonight. Already had squeezed two cars in my garage but tried anyways. Took out my old muscle car like Charger and parked the Vette beside my 85'ish Camaro. Then I slid my Charger in lengthwise behind them and took my new Charger and finished shoving it in there .Was tight but I got it in. But when I relogged the vette was still there now but that Charger is gone . Shame as I liked it. Still have my white new one with red neon under it sitting outside though. I wish saved parking was somehow clearly marked so I could pick and choose stuff easier.

EDIT: Proof reading that last paragraph it seems a bit porn'ish :)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I know I'm years late to the party; that's what happens when a game never comes down in price, even when it's on sale. I picked this up for $15 in the Summer Sale.

I'm really enjoying this one so far. It's certainly a "wait till the kids are in bed" kind of game if I'm going to even sniff at the storyline and random missions, but just cruising around town and doing races is a lot of fun before they got to bed. Still using my KB & Mouse for driving, and still doing very well with it as I acclimatize to the vehicles... honing my edge. Franklin makes driving too easy with his special, and the speeds he can hit are ludicrous.

I got as far as completing my first heist and unlocking Trevor last night. That dude is a complete psycho! The first thing I did with him once I was done with his intro was drive back into civilization, swipe a Bugatti, and get him a new outfit. He's now wearing an Oatmeal suit jacket, tan cargo pants, sneakers and has a shaved head with facial stubble. He kind of looks a little like Heisenberg, only more insane and with meth scabs; and appearing a little more respectable somehow makes him crazier.

While I enjoyed flying, I managed to completely destroy myself in my first two attempts at landing. Following the advice to "Press R to Focus on the Runway" was terrible. I did WAY better when I just eyeballed it without a cinematic approach. I thought it was pretty neat that Trevor is immediately offered the chance to acquire a business and can get paid to drive & fly - but it'll take 21-30 runs to turn a profit with it.

The mission "extras" are getting harder - my biggest problems come in making it through unscathed. I appreciate that I only need to tick the boxes on independent runs, so I can do a mission once for speed and then again for subtlety or health goals.

Since you're all vets now and probably played this to death, are there any words of wisdom you wish you had when you first started playing?

Quick question re: Vehicles - I've loved a couple I used and want to be able to use them anytime I want. When I store something in my personal garage, when I pull it out and use it that seems to be it. I don't get a second one. When I buy a real garage and bring a car to it, do I get to keep that car even if I pull it out, use it, and have to abandon it (a lot of missions don't bring you back to your car)? My absolute favorite car so far has been the Coil, but they seem to be one of the more rare super cars.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Paingod wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 am Since you're all vets now and probably played this to death, are there any words of wisdom you wish you had when you first started playing?
Assuming you're playing to experience the story, resist the urge to go "off script". There are endless distractions - endless. If you're playing to focus on the story, make sure that's all you're going to do in that session. Ignore opportunities. Ignore side missions that pop up. Ignore checking out things in the distance. I would alternate between focusing on the story and then just goofing off - and it still took me around 58 hours to finish the campaign. Of course you're going to need to do some side stories to progress the main story, instead I'm referencing the random events the game throws at you or the stories unrelated to the overall campaign. That being said, there are some really cool random events, which is why I made sure to mix up my play time.

tl;dr: Finish what you start.