Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

cheeba

Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

Post by cheeba »

Played all day yesterday. Tried to play an hour ago and "Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)". Ugh. Followed Steam's directions, deleting the AppCache folder and restarting the computer, didn't work. Validating local files now, but I fear I'm gonna have to re-download all 60 gigs again. Ugh.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

On a positive note it looks like the iFruit app works for PC now.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Oh and I guess we have to hook up through the Rockstar Social Club rather than Steam names? If so my Rockstar ID is czaeba. Feel free to add me.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

cheeba wrote:Played all day yesterday. Tried to play an hour ago and "Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)". Ugh. Followed Steam's directions, deleting the AppCache folder and restarting the computer, didn't work. Validating local files now, but I fear I'm gonna have to re-download all 60 gigs again. Ugh.
You use Avast?

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=169845.0
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Victoria Raverna wrote:
cheeba wrote:Played all day yesterday. Tried to play an hour ago and "Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)". Ugh. Followed Steam's directions, deleting the AppCache folder and restarting the computer, didn't work. Validating local files now, but I fear I'm gonna have to re-download all 60 gigs again. Ugh.
You use Avast?

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=169845.0
Yeah but I didn't get that threat. I actually think it's because I was running PeerBlock. It took forever to validate the local files, but after I did it worked.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Woke up to a few notifications on my phone from iFruit (not audible notifications).

Chop is getting hungry, go feed him.
Chop is getting thirsty, go give him a drink.
Chop has taken a dump, go clean it up.

Damn dog requires more maintenance than my real life dog.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

So I completed the first heist and opened up Trevor. Um, that dude is... unpleasant. I've never been someone who is bothered about playing a misanthropic mass murder in these games, but that first Trevor mission was pushing my limits. Ick. Does his storyline have any redeeming value, or am I just going to be awash in Deliverance-like depravity for rest of my time with him?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just keep remembering Mike Ehrmantraut beating the hell out of the voice actor for Trevor in Better Call Saul and you should feel a bit better.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote:voice actor for Trevor
Steven Ogg
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Captain Caveman

Smoove_B wrote:Just keep remembering Mike Ehrmantraut beating the hell out of the voice actor for Trevor in Better Call Saul and you should feel a bit better.
I had no idea that was him. I feel better already. I also now want a pimento sandwich.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Now that you've been introduced to Trevor, go watch that scene again. It's even better. :D
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Captain Caveman wrote:So I completed the first heist and opened up Trevor. Um, that dude is... unpleasant. I've never been someone who is bothered about playing a misanthropic mass murder in these games, but that first Trevor mission was pushing my limits. Ick. Does his storyline have any redeeming value, or am I just going to be awash in Deliverance-like depravity for rest of my time with him?
He plays a key role throughout the game, but I wouldn't say he really gets better. He doesn't get much worse at least. :lol:

I'm totally loving the replay of this way more than I ever thought I would. I'm playing it so much that I'm expecting my wife to kill me pretty soon. It's just so addictive and I LOVE the first person mode. At first I didn't like it, but I gave it some time and it's just so much fun.

Pretty sure I'll play through the entire game again and then hit the multiplayer. I joined the Quarter To Three crew, but we could create an OO one as well if we wanted. I searched and it didn't exist.

I'm Octavious230 on Rockstar..
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Rip

Post by Rip »

Captain Caveman wrote:So I completed the first heist and opened up Trevor. Um, that dude is... unpleasant. I've never been someone who is bothered about playing a misanthropic mass murder in these games, but that first Trevor mission was pushing my limits. Ick. Does his storyline have any redeeming value, or am I just going to be awash in Deliverance-like depravity for rest of my time with him?

You have to embrace it. IMHO he is the most fun character in the game. Nothing like waking up on a beach in your underwear surrounded by half a dozen dead bodies and a crapload of empty booze bottles.
Captain Caveman

Octavious wrote: I'm totally loving the replay of this way more than I ever thought I would. I'm playing it so much that I'm expecting my wife to kill me pretty soon.
My wife walked in on me playing it twice last night. The first time, I was helping a paparazzi guy videotape some celebrity taking it in the butt. The second time, Trevor was nailing somebody's girlfriend in his trailer.

I'm worried I might get served divorce papers today.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Has she seen you beating a group of luchadores with a 6ft "penetrator" bat? Because after that, most of GTA will seem normal.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

love Trevor, he is one sick mother, everytime I play the game I swap to Trevor just to see what teh hell he is doing, won't spoil any of it but today I logged in and he was just in his underwear and I started a heist and he got a massge, was just so funny. Also the i've only got a small penis scene is so funny.

A bonus pic as well

ImageTrevor
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Captain Caveman wrote:
Octavious wrote: I'm totally loving the replay of this way more than I ever thought I would. I'm playing it so much that I'm expecting my wife to kill me pretty soon.
My wife walked in on me playing it twice last night. The first time, I was helping a paparazzi guy videotape some celebrity taking it in the butt. The second time, Trevor was nailing somebody's girlfriend in his trailer.

I'm worried I might get served divorce papers today.
What's really funny is that in Online you can hold up store owners. Point a gun at them and they start filling a bag with money and the cops start coming. If you yell at the store owner through your microphone he moves faster :). He'll also say, "stop yelling I'm going as fast as I can!"

Also, at the strip club you can "flirt" with the strippers through your mic.

So yeah, that could make for some interesting dialogue at home :).
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Was making a custom license plate in the iFruit app. Put in "cheeba". Wouldn't allow that name because it doesn't allow profanity (cheeba is marijuana for those of you not in the know). Then I noticed in chat someone said, "holy ****!" Grand Theft Auto... does not allow profanity.

Ran my first heist tonight with a guy from GWJ. The first one is a pretty easy 2-man job. Aside from a crash after you end the first support mission it was a blast.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Gwj has a crew? Forgot about them.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Brian

Post by Brian »

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Caveman

Octavious wrote:Gwj has a crew? Forgot about them.
I haven't tried online yet, but when I do, I'd love to join you guys. My username is CaptCaveOO.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I am Trevor.

We are Trevor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Captain Caveman wrote:
I haven't tried online yet, but when I do, I'd love to join you guys. My username is CaptCaveOO.
Cool I'll add you. I'm still going to plow through single player this week but I so want to get an OO heist going.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Octavious wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:
Cool I'll add you. I'm still going to plow through single player this week but I so want to get an OO heist going.
I don't think there's a GWJ crew. The guy I ran with last night said he's never been able to get anything going with other GWJ'ers. He's on some other crew that he found.

I'll go ahead and start an OO crew. I think you can join multiple crews, so I don't think it'll interfere with anything. What do you think our Crew colors should be? Looks like you can have anything on the RGB.

Edit - For those that don't know, if you group up with crew members you get a bonus to xp and money.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Yes you can be in multiple crews and I'll totally join. It makes joining up with people easier along with bonuses. I don't care about the colors. Just no pink. :)

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Octavious I still have a pending friend invite sent to you :P.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Geez, there's already a crew named Octopus Overlords, by what appears to be some kid named Octopus_Overlord. So I created Octopi Overlords.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Here is the page. Working on creating a logo. Can't upload a pic :(.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

cheeba wrote:Octavious I still have a pending friend invite sent to you Image.
I'm at a place called work. So I haven't accepted yet. Patience grasshopper. :)

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

You could just download the iFruit app and do it all from there :).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cool armored car.

Duke O’ Death
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

cheeba wrote:Octavious I still have a pending friend invite sent to you :P.
Would love to try MP at some point - handle is ChuckB2012

So far, I'm really impressed with the game, runs great on my machine with (basically) everything ramped up. I didn't play anything but the first 2 missions but the city feels very realistic and just wandering around and trying stuff is amazing.

My only issue so far is that driving with the keyboard isn't great (would really prefer a gamepad for that) but the shooting is so much better for me with mouse & keyboard ... I turned the sensitivity of the keyboard for driving down and that seems to work better, as I can make smaller corrections. I'll have to play some more ...
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Sent you a friend invite, Chuck. Will send a crew invite after you accept.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Btw, I'm setting everyone who joins to Commissioner. The Crew has ranks and Commissioner is the highest level. Y'all will be able to invite or do I think just about anything the leader can do. That includes crafting and setting a new emblem if you are artistically inclined, unlike myself :).
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I have applied Reemul is my nick :)
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

It's so much easier to withstand the temptation of buying this game when your computer can't run it :D
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Or you have a huge backlog. Im waiting on a sale. But even then I wont get to it soon.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Daehawk wrote:Or you have a huge backlog. Im waiting on a sale. But even then I wont get to it soon.
This game is so worth passing the backlog for. There will always be a backlog this shouldnt be in it.
Last edited by Reemul on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't think anyone should encourage Daehawk. ;) His backlog would make a grown man cry I bet.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »