Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Frost

Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

Post by Frost »

Reemul wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Or you have a huge backlog. Im waiting on a sale. But even then I wont get to it soon.
THis game is so worth passing the backlog for. There will always be a backlog this shouldnt be in it.
I think if you enjoy Multiplayer games or really want to get into the MP aspect of this game, then you should jump in now. I don't really get into MP very much anymore, and would probably only play single player 95% of the time, so I'm waiting for a sale, so far.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Anybody else see a performance boost with the last patch? Played a bit last night and it didn't stutter even for a second.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Octavious wrote:Anybody else see a performance boost with the last patch? Played a bit last night and it didn't stutter even for a second.
I noticed that too and I think there was something in the patch notes about one of the fixes being to stop a occasional sudden drop in frame rate. I'm seeing the frame rate stay consistently at 60 fps now.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Vibrant Realism mod

Its the last mod shown in this video
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Some tips for online that I've learned through playing...

I'd recommend jumping in and getting started and getting to level 15 as quickly as you can (should be a couple-few hours). That way you can get daily tasks, which you can do pretty quickly and give really good rewards in money and xp. You get bonuses to these dailies if you do 7 days in a row and 28 days in a row.

Don't fret much over your first car - just get the free upgrades. And if you see an awesome looking car like an Infernus (the lamborghini) don't get your hopes up too early. You can steal it and drive it around, but you can't keep it. You have to buy any higher end car.

Go to AmmuNation and spend your money on the weapons on the right wall. They do not have restrictions on level, so you're able to get a carbine, shotgun, rifle, etc, early on. I'd recommend the carbine. I believe the sawed off shotgun is free.

Don't try heists until like level 10, unless you're with us.

Save your money for a high end loft. Don't bother with any other property until you can get a decent loft (about $280 grand I think).

Don't bother with any race where custom cars are allowed. You'll be going up against people with fully upgraded cars and you will have no chance. I noticed not many people have upgraded motorcycles, though, so in those races you have a chance.

People are deadly and will kill the crap out of you. Hit M to get to the menu and scroll down to Enable Passive Mode so that they can't kill you. If you do this you can't use a gun, though, so if you're going to hold up a liquor store then disable it first.

In that same menu you can change your mic settings to adjust who can hear you. By default everyone can hear you. I set mine to crew + friends. If you join a mission with people they can still hear you, though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If you plan to play passive mode why not just play offline?
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Supposedly if you are killed while having more than $5,000 not deposited in the bank that money goes to the killer, but I'm not sure that's actually true. Just to be safe when I'm done with missions and have a lot of money I turn on passive mode and head to the ATM to deposit. I also tend to go AFK a lot if no one else is on because I'm too lazy to take the time to quit the game and wait for it to start back up when I want to play, so I use passive mode then.

This is a gorgeous game. I wish I had a powerful machine to really see it all. Still, this is on a 5 (or is it 6 now?) year old machine:
Enlarge Image
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Btw guys, I apologize if I'm spamming you with invites. It seems to automatically invite friends when you auto invite.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't seeit unless I'm online and then I would want to see it. I'm having a weird performance issue online so I haven't been playing much. Gets super choppy out of nowhere.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

AMD has a beta driver that is supposedly optimized for gta.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Octavious wrote:Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't seeit unless I'm online and then I would want to see it. I'm having a weird performance issue online so I haven't been playing much. Gets super choppy out of nowhere.
Some of the videos Ive watched of people playing they have said the same thing with their's.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Well, it's going to be part of our next LAN party so I guess I need to budget a week to download this damn thing. And yes, I'm serious. I'm pretty excited. I'm guessing I'll have more screen time with it on my computer than on my TV - much easier to be mindful of family. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I sent a request to join the Octopi Overlords. I'm already on the Gaming Trend crew, I'm assuming that multiple crews are OK.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

jztemple2 wrote:I sent a request to join the Octopi Overlords. I'm already on the Gaming Trend crew, I'm assuming that multiple crews are OK.
Weird. I'm not seeing your request. What's your Rockstar Social name? And yeah multiple crews are cool.

I was actually thinking about this one - we haven't had anyone together online yet. I don't know how we're going to get 4 people online at the same time to run heists.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I broke and got it. Its downloading now. Ill do some single player a couple days before I try mp. How do I join? Unless you dont want me.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's like haivng our very own Trever!! I joined from the webpage but you might be able to do it by hitting the home button from the game and opening the social club.

Frost

Post by Frost »

Daehawk wrote:Or you have a huge backlog. Im waiting on a sale. But even then I wont get to it soon.
*Three days later
Daehawk wrote:I broke and got it. Its downloading now. Ill do some single player a couple days before I try mp. How do I join? Unless you dont want me.

Amazing willpower LOL
I don't blame you. Especially with the forum effect going on and people buzzing about this game. At this point I'm still intending to wait until it's in the mid $30's or lower, but I may have a change of heart as well at some point.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.

:ninja:
naednek

Post by naednek »

Looks like I'm the last to hold out! Good thing I already played it on the PS4. That's the only thing keeping me away.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Honestly, this is just about the only game you ever need, lol. On top of all the missions, and they are varied and many, there are the heists which are more involved and are kinda like a much more violent version of Ocean's Eleven. Don't have the time or not quite ready? Jump in a race. Don't feel like racing on the road? Try a plane or a motorcycle or a bicycle or a boat or monster truck. Want a more relaxing experience? Go golfing or play some tennis. Hell, you can even go watch a movie. Feeling masochistic? Go kill people running around the map. Yesterday there were 2 guys in a car trying to kill me, so I threw a sticky bomb onto their car and killed both of them.

I'm going to be playing this game for a long time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Amazing willpower LOL
Well my wife bought some boots and was pushing me to buy my game :)
Rip

Post by Rip »

naednek wrote:Looks like I'm the last to hold out! Good thing I already played it on the PS4. That's the only thing keeping me away.
I'm still holding as well. Since I didn't preorder I am determined to wait for the summer sale.

I have it on the 360 but haven't played in a while.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Added a bunch of people. If you don't see an invite from me just send me one. Octavious230

I'm still trying to sort out my weird performance issues. I'm starting to think it's my HD. I really need to pony up and get a solid state drive for my games.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Video of me and 3 others doing a survival mission. I'm the blonde dude in the khaki pants.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Do you play with a gamepad or the keyboard and mouse? I'm a bit worried about online with the controller. If you turn on any aim assistance it blocks you from connecting to people with keyboard and mouse.

Frost

Post by Frost »

cheeba wrote:Video of me and 3 others doing a survival mission. I'm the blonde dude in the khaki pants.

That looked like hoot! good times.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Played some Online mode over the past couple of days, but I'm a bit burned out, so I returned to story mode. As Michael, I'm between missions, so I've decided to earn a little extra cash:

But anybody can race away in a car or on a motorbike. It takes an exceptional criminal to pull heists on one of these:

And, oh yeah, doing it all in first person :D
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Doing some missions online. Lots of fun.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I had to give in and use mouse and keyboard for combat. Way toobhard witht the gamepad and no autoaim. :(

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Are you guys using a controller of mouse and keyboard? Im trying to stick with m/kb because I can aim so much better. SO MANY KEYS though.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm now using the gamepad for driving and the keyboard and mouse for on foot. It's so much easier to fight with the keyboard and mouse.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Yep, mouse and keyboard only. If I had a gamepad I'd use that for flying but probably not driving because it's helpful to aim and shoot while driving.

And there are definitely too many keys. For menus alone there's the M menu where you have things like enabling passive mode, dailies, change your voice coms and vehicle permissions, then you have the Escape Menu (which they call the pause menu), then you up arrow for the cell phone, which is basically a menu, and then the Home key is for the social club, which I use frequently to send messages.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The online with people from the boards is so much better. Can't wait to do more heist missions. I think I'm going to drop my setting to dx 10. I still get sudden chop online. Could be the hd but I see other people complaining of the same thing. So annoying as the game runs flawlessly for the first hour.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just did the Chops mission and saved. Think Ill ignore the plot for a bit and run around stealing cars and beating people up. Ive stolen all kinds of stuff. I thought the Camaro was cool until I stole a SmartCar hahaha. I planned to use to just get home in but I had so much fun with it I garaged it. Not sure it will keep it for me as the last cool old hot rod I garaged was impounded it said. The SmartCar does donuts like nobody's business hahaha. Fast too..zoom zoom.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

There's a Telsla in the game. I think it's called the Volt or something like that. Freaked me out when there was no engine noise.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

There's a version of the Chevrolet Volt but I forget its name. There's a version of the original Lotus-based Tesla I think called the Coil. I believe there's a version of the Tesla Model S but I think you have to buy it on one of the (in-game) websites or something. There's also a Prius variant.

I'm not sure if there are any modern car models that aren't represented. Maybe not Subarus I guess.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh right it was the Coil I was thinking of.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So far ive seen cars that look like but aren't....

Nova
Jag
mopar
mustang
camaro
85 camaro
challenger
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

List of all vehicles here is anyone interested, http://www.igta5.com/vehicles