Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

MateoFalcone

Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

Post by MateoFalcone »

Hi all, I've got to play with some of you on GTA V and thought I'd join the conversation over here. Looking forward to more down the road!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hello. I requested a crew invite today so maybe ill get lvl'd up some and be ready sometime myself.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Daehawk wrote:Hello. I requested a crew invite today so maybe ill get lvl'd up some and be ready sometime myself.
Accepted, you need go accept the inv again, weird system I know.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Yeah it is weird how someone sends a request and then you have to invite them and they then have to accept. And welcome to OO, Mateo!
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I jumped in this weekend. There were dramatically less assholes than I was expecting, so that's a plus.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Fretmute wrote:I jumped in this weekend. There were dramatically less assholes than I was expecting, so that's a plus.
I would like to think that the pc would have a better crowd than the consoles.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Octavious wrote:
Fretmute wrote:I jumped in this weekend. There were dramatically less assholes than I was expecting, so that's a plus.
I was going through the intro mission, and RandomInternetGuy went and got a car, and drove it back to wait for me to get into it!

I've been holding off on joining most of the invites that I get, just because I don't want me and my level 7 rifle to be a burden to a bunch of level 64 dudes with rockets and lasers and ICBMs and what not. What's the best way to level up without being a burden?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats me. Im going to try and lvl and do the story for a while first.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

At ammunation there's a wall on the right filled with weapons that have no level restrictions. If you grab some of those, like the special carbine and/or the auto rifle then you don't have to worry about being a burden. We've taken level 3's out on missions successfully.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

WAY too many cool kickass cars!! Ive spent half an hour just stealing one after the next to try. I replaced my SmartCar in the garage with what looks like a 71 charger. Ive tried an 85 Camaro, 73 trans am, nova, chevelle, and now Im in a Mustang. So fun just doing this.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Just finished Michael's first mission with Lester, and I can say that this is easily the most fun I've had in any GTA game. The missions are a necessary evil for me usually, whereas I like to explore the world on my own. This time, though, I'm actually enjoying the story, though Franklin is a bit of a whiny bitch. Still haven't found Trevor, but I've had too much fun stealing cars, beating up random guys on the street, and playing dress-up, that it may be a while to get to T. I just wish that they opened up the world a little quicker. I want to be able to use the expensive options at the car place!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Had another great online session. I learned that the back of copters are very dangerous. :) I don't play anything online but if you get a good group it doesn't get much better than this game.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

That was among the most fun times I've ever had online, and I've played online a LOT. Gotta get going in to work and will describe what happened later :).
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Fretmute wrote:
Octavious wrote:
I was going through the intro mission, and RandomInternetGuy went and got a car, and drove it back to wait for me to get into it!

I've been holding off on joining most of the invites that I get, just because I don't want me and my level 7 rifle to be a burden to a bunch of level 64 dudes with rockets and lasers and ICBMs and what not. What's the best way to level up without being a burden?
I did a lot of pickup groups until level 10. Doesn't take long but as soon as you get online buy all the guns that are available. And I ran into a rotor blade and died at the beginning of a mission. So I wouldn't worry about being a burdon. Image

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh and don't grind. Almost anything you do makes money. Have fun and don't play it like an mmo.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

According to STEAM, in 31 hours the game will be on my computer...
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Smoove_B wrote:According to STEAM, in 31 hours the game will be on my computer...
:lol:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Octavious wrote:
Fretmute wrote:
Octavious wrote:

I did a lot of pickup groups until level 10. Doesn't take long but as soon as you get online buy all the guns that are available. And I ran into a rotor blade and died at the beginning of a mission. So I wouldn't worry about being a burdon. Image
Oh and make sure you join the crew if you haven't already. You get bonus points and stuff.

cheeba I got my apartment. I'm going to try and do the first heist sometime this week. I have to gauge when my wife will get annoyed with how much I'm playing this. :lol:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:According to STEAM, in 31 hours the game will be on my computer...
On Friday I get my 300Mb service. I plan on buying this to test throughput. If I did the math right, at full speed I would download it in about 31... minutes.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Octavious wrote:Oh and don't grind. Almost anything you do makes money. Have fun and don't play it like an mmo.
If they didn't want me to grind, they wouldn't have gated things by level.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

coopasonic wrote:
Octavious wrote:
On Friday I get my 300Mb service. I plan on buying this to test throughput. If I did the math right, at full speed I would download it in about 31... minutes.
Let me know how that actually works out. ;) Steam I guess should be pretty good. Rockstars download was terrible. So mad that I didn't get the steam version when it was cheap. I'll probably buy it again if it goes on some crazy flash sale. Sad but true...

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I stole one of those electric cars last night! I jumped in and it made no sound other than electric motors. That thing was FAST! It just kept going faster and faster and the motors whined more and more..it was like light speed it was so fast. Scary

They did a really beyond great job on the cars. I ran one Id stolen and wrecked a bunch through the working car wash. It was still beat up and the bumper was hanging off but damn it shined on the painted spots left :)
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

OK started online but now dont want to do the tutorial but see no way to quit from it, any ideas?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Someone said to go to the gun store and take all the free guns on the left....I went to 2 different gun stores and there were no free guns anywhere in it.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Daehawk wrote:Someone said to go to the gun store and take all the free guns on the left....I went to 2 different gun stores and there were no free guns anywhere in it.
I don't remember free guns. Might have meant unlocked guns.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Yeah you want to take the guns on the right wall. But you don't need all of them. I would skip the shotgun and pistols, though I *think* the sawed off shotgun might be free. To start with I would choose between the bullpup automatic rifle and the Special Carbine (the rifle is under the carbine, I forget what it's called). They use the same slot so no use getting both. That will be the weapon you use 95% of the time. There's also a marksman rifle, which is a sniper rifle that kinda looks like an AK-47. That can definitely be helpful in some situations. Make sure you get a silencer on at least one weapon for any stealth situations. Other than that, you should be set. Keep going back and upgrading your armor and weapons whenever you can.

Every level you unlock stuff, like weapon upgrades, cars, car upgrades, clothes, hair styling, etc, so every couple-few levels take some time and do some shopping.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Octavious wrote:Let me know how that actually works out. ;) Steam I guess should be pretty good. Rockstars download was terrible. So mad that I didn't get the steam version when it was cheap. I'll probably buy it again if it goes on some crazy flash sale. Sad but true...
I also just remembered that when I downloaded Shadow of Mordor last year (35 GB) the next day my DSL modem failed as I'm nearly certain I was forcing it to work 15+ hours a day. I'm definitely going to need to babysit this download as I don't want that to happen again. It would probably be faster to drive my computer to RM9s house, spend two hours on his futuristic internet connection, and then come home.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:
Octavious wrote:Let me know how that actually works out. ;) Steam I guess should be pretty good. Rockstars download was terrible. So mad that I didn't get the steam version when it was cheap. I'll probably buy it again if it goes on some crazy flash sale. Sad but true...
I also just remembered that when I downloaded Shadow of Mordor last year (35 GB) the next day my DSL modem failed as I'm nearly certain I was forcing it to work 15+ hours a day. I'm definitely going to need to babysit this download as I don't want that to happen again. It would probably be faster to drive my computer to RM9s house, spend two hours on his futuristic internet connection, and then come home.
As my networking professor once told us, "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full magnetic tapes."
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Either those guns must be unlocked or they are not there in single player because there are no guns in the store anywhere but straight back behind the counter ahead of you when you walk in and they all cost cash. None anywhere else.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Daehawk wrote:Either those guns must be unlocked or they are not there in single player because there are no guns in the store anywhere but straight back behind the counter ahead of you when you walk in and they all cost cash. None anywhere else.
He's talking about online. The store populates weapons different in single player.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Octavious wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Either those guns must be unlocked or they are not there in single player because there are no guns in the store anywhere but straight back behind the counter ahead of you when you walk in and they all cost cash. None anywhere else.
He's talking about online. The store populates weapons different in single player.
And there's no point to power gaming in this game. Just go around and do things. Hell sometimes I just ride around on a bike and marvel at all the little details.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have not been able to find a bike yet. Im guessing the beach will be big with them. But my map is still confined to that area around Franklin's home. I keep looking though.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

You can buy vehicles from your phone including bikes. I'm guessing you can do that pretty early on. There are bikes near the beach though.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I seem to keep about $300 total hehe.
naednek

Post by naednek »

This is probably the funniest thing I've seen with GTA

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-ragdoll-mo ... medy-gold/
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Theres some uhh *cough* interesting missions in story mode. Just did the actress one.
This is probably the funniest thing I've seen with GTA
HAHAHAH its like they have narcolepsy.

Extreme damage mod
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh God #$^#@$^$%^&^#A%!@# street racing is annoying!!!!!!!! 6 tries 6 fails. I should have stolen a sports car before this but didn't realize it was a race I was going to. Im in my daily driver lol. I was in first the whoel way in one race. I was no more than 3 ticks to the finish when suddenly Im flying through my windshield. I didn't know what happened until I got up and looked back. Damn little black car was crossing the street!! The race is at night in the rain. I neve rsaw it because its lights were off. DAMNNIT

EDIT: Not my day. I got past as that then at the end of the next mission which si a gun fight windows barfed on me. Sigh.

Anyone besides me get tired of them yelling nigger at each other all the time? Does the black community have nothing to say about this? Yeesh. Every now and then would be fine but its all the time. every other word.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I do find them dropping the nbomb over and over annoying. Don't remember seeing and big uproar about it. Certainly makes you need headphones. :lol:

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Octavious wrote:I do find them dropping the nbomb over and over annoying. Don't remember seeing and big uproar about it. Certainly makes you need headphones. :lol:
That seems to go away after a while, especially when not using Franklin.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya when I first started playing on the 360 I was worried. It certainly dies down after the first part of the game. Franklin is by far my least fav. character of the 3.