naednek

Re: Batman Arkham Knight

Post by naednek »

Even if I wanted to get a refund I can't. Free with video card
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...and my refund request was accepted. That was fairly painless.

I think one of the side effects from Steam now accepting refund requests (and by extension, those who sell Steam games, like GMG) is that the consumers are now able to show their displeasure in a much more meaningful manner than written complaints on support forums moderated by a person who has the phrase "Okay, we're working on it" hot keyed on their computer. Viva la revolucion!
Covfefe!
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

For those of you who wish to keep playing on the PC, these settings have been recommended:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\ConfigBmSystemSettings.ini

MaxFPS=130.000000
MotionBlur=True
AllowRadialBlur=False
MotionBlurSkinning=0
MobilePostProcessBlurAmount=0.0
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kotaku is reporting that the PC issues were known before the game shipped:
Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knight on PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough.

Warner Bros. did not return my multiple requests for comment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Not to knock those that are still buying and playing PC games, but I quit buying them several years ago.

I'm 100% console gamer at this time.

The last pc game I bought was Diablo 3. It ran well on my Alienware laptop, and I never had any issues with it.

It's just nice to know that when I buy an Xbox game I'm very confident that the game isn't going to crash or have hardware issues with video cards and all the issues that goes along with being a PC gamer.

This latest Batman debacle is proof that we've known for years, that buggy games get shoved out the door before they're 100% ready. Reading that it was known that Arkham Knight for PC was going to shit the bed after being released is sad. Just sad that people who run companies willingly choose to make
bad decisions that ultimately hurt them AND their customers.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LEAVE NOW DIRTY CONSOLE PEASANT

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Have fun with XCom 2.
Covfefe!
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Smoove_B has Panicked!
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

JSHAW wrote:Not to knock those that are still buying and playing PC games, but I quit buying them several years ago.

I'm 100% console gamer at this time.

The last pc game I bought was Diablo 3. It ran well on my Alienware laptop, and I never had any issues with it.

It's just nice to know that when I buy an Xbox game I'm very confident that the game isn't going to crash or have hardware issues with video cards and all the issues that goes along with being a PC gamer.

This latest Batman debacle is proof that we've known for years, that buggy games get shoved out the door before they're 100% ready. Reading that it was known that Arkham Knight for PC was going to shit the bed after being released is sad. Just sad that people who run companies willingly choose to make
bad decisions that ultimately hurt them AND their customers.
It's not really a good example because you are using just one game. I had gone totally the other way. Sold Xbox and PS3 and bought a new top spec gaming laptop recently.

Everything works excellently, sure the Batman release sucks but it works ok on my rig but I can't think of anything else I have had issues with at all.

There is always the odd example of poor releases but even consoles get shafted at times, thinking Assasins Creed release here that was buggered on all systems.

Anyways I bought an Xbox One on Tuesday and got FH2, FM5, Destiny and Halo collection but everything else almost is available on the PC and that will always be my first choice.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My PC gaming experience has been fantastic over the years. I've never even considered going console.

I will say that my appreciation for some games ported from consoles to PC has increased, especially games that require a game pad. Mostly it's been the quality of console games that have improved, but this is still limited by the nature of a game controller. There is only so much they can do with the ui when limited to 4 buttons, 2 triggers and 2 bumpers. They've changed the nature of some games to work very efficiently with a gamepad, but that still leaves a ton of games that just don't quite work with one.

So while I think consoles have come a long, long way, the games that work really well on the consoles are only a few genres out of all the genres I enjoy playing, and since the ported from console to PC games have been pretty good for the most part, I just don't feel the need to buy a console.

I do have a Wii and Wii U for the kids, but they don't count. :wink:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Angry Joe's Angry Review

Spoilers in video. I haven't watch it all yet but what i have is very funny LOL. basically he tears into the PC version of course like everyone. Love the comparison of PS4 and XBone Batman to PC Batman hahahah.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I played a few hours of it on the PC (because it was free). I didn't notice any performance issues. All I noticed was that the game was entirely uninteresting. I thought maybe Arkham Origins was off to me because I was expecting Batman Origins, but now that I have played some of Arkham Knight I realize I just don't like the games. They don't add up to anything that interests me. That's odd because two things I love the most are batman and open world games. Combining them should have been a slam dunk. I understand he is the world's greatest detective, but the puzzly nature of every damn thing you have to do in the game gets old quickly. The batmobile was added and they made it another set of puzzles instead of making it something fun to drive around the city.

I have nothing else new to play... and yet rather than playing more Arkham Knight, I started a new game of XCOM.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Frost

Post by Frost »

got it free with my gtx970, and just can't get the motivation to start it up
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Montag

Post by Montag »

So is this fixed and decent now?
words
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Montag wrote:So is this fixed and decent now?
No, they gave up and put it back up for sale anyway.
Insert witty comment here.
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

Montag wrote:So is this fixed and decent now?
Its decent now and its nowhere near the clusterf*ck it was to start with, but it is not as stable as the console versions. I have the Xbox One version and the Steam version. While the PC version looks better, the game runs better overall on the XB1. If you can get the PC version cheap, go for it.
My Gamertag: Hetz OO
PSN ID: Hetz76
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HetzOO
JCC

Post by JCC »

When it was rereleased it played fine for me from a stability standpoint. However, there's no fixing the wretched, unending, unfun batmobile sequences that ultimately led me to quit the game and just watch the (very good) ending on YouTube. I can't believe how much that ruined the game. Just AWFUL.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

JCC wrote:When it was rereleased it played fine for me from a stability standpoint. However, there's no fixing the wretched, unending, unfun batmobile sequences that ultimately led me to quit the game and just watch the (very good) ending on YouTube. I can't believe how much that ruined the game. Just AWFUL.
Yah, couldn't believe what a load of crap the Batmobile segments were. I get they probably wanted to do something new / different in the series and all that but gack... not fun.
-mf
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

Yep, I felt adding the Batmobile was a huge mistake. It was not fun to drive and the forced Batmobile sequences were frustrating. I only used it when they forced you. I really enjoyed the rest of the game though.
My Gamertag: Hetz OO
PSN ID: Hetz76
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HetzOO
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So yeah, I'm about 3 hours in and I love tooling around as Batman - always have. But this Batmobile nonsense? Nope. I agree with what others have said - it was clearly added to the game as a "thing" but they should have scrapped it. Totally not fun at all. I'm going to keep playing and hopefully the Batmobile parts are at a minimum, but it's really a story-breaking device as I'm pretty sure when I hit random people on the streets they're totally murderized and not "incapacitated with electricity". Also, somehow I'm explodifying tanks but not hurting anyone? It's stretching the Batman premise quite thin, IMHO.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smoove_B wrote:So yeah, I'm about 3 hours in and I love tooling around as Batman - always have. But this Batmobile nonsense? Nope. I agree with what others have said - it was clearly added to the game as a "thing" but they should have scrapped it. Totally not fun at all. I'm going to keep playing and hopefully the Batmobile parts are at a minimum, but it's really a story-breaking device as I'm pretty sure when I hit random people on the streets they're totally murderized and not "incapacitated with electricity". Also, somehow I'm explodifying tanks but not hurting anyone? It's stretching the Batman premise quite thin, IMHO.

the batmobile is a huge part of the game. While it's fun to drive, it gets old.

I'm having the same feeling with TitanFall 2. The constant wall running puzzles are old. I wished they focused more on the mech and the pilot instead of a gameplay gimmick.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I didn't mind the Batmobile itself, I just got frustrated with a few of the challenges that used it which were insanely difficult. I think it's because I play a lot of driving games, so tooling around in a car doesn't bother me any. Give it weapons and it's even better.

I think it would have been fine as just a transportation alternative, but their insistence on making it such a huge part of the game really hurt folks who didn't want that brand of chocolate in their peanut butter.

Ironically enough though, Arkham Knight is still the only game in the series I 100%ed.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm still chugging my way through the game, but unfortunately my gaming time takes a serious hit this time of year. I did want to come back in because I'm really enjoying the story - in particular how they worked the Joker into what's happening. I don't want to say too much but it's absolutely one of the things keeping me playing. Kudos to the writers that made it happen as it really works well as a game play element. Again, I know people had a tough time on release day and I still don't like the Batmobile in any capacity, but in terms of story and core game play? It's fantastic.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just finished and this is a much better game than it was likely given credit for - probably because of the mess associated with the port. I actually think this might be my second favorite Batman game (Asylum will always be #1 for me) not only because of how the gameplay evolved but the story is actually really good and done in a clever way. Yes, one of the main story elements is rather easy to figure out if you know anything about Batman, but that didn't stop it from being enjoyable.

Never enjoyed the Batmobile parts, though I eventually tolerated them. What's most unfortunate is that I only saw the incomplete ending because I refuse to deal with the Riddler nonsense. I really can't be bothered to find 200+ trophies and using the Batmobile to solve riddles is mind numbing to me. It's a shame because that's the only thing in the game I didn't do - every other side quest, ever other story and villain was addressed except for Ed. Oh well. Maybe over the summer if I'm looking for something to do, but honestly, it'll probably just end here for me (and Batman).

I'd definitely recommend it during one of the various sales - particularly if you were a fan of the other titles.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am a huge batman fan and I can't be bothered to play the game because of the batmobile. Hey I am also a huge arcade driving fan, how could that be a problem?

Oh wait, I already complained about this more than a year ago...
coopasonic wrote:I played a few hours of it on the PC (because it was free). I didn't notice any performance issues. All I noticed was that the game was entirely uninteresting. I thought maybe Arkham Origins was off to me because I was expecting Batman Origins, but now that I have played some of Arkham Knight I realize I just don't like the games. They don't add up to anything that interests me. That's odd because two things I love the most are batman and open world games. Combining them should have been a slam dunk. I understand he is the world's greatest detective, but the puzzly nature of every damn thing you have to do in the game gets old quickly. The batmobile was added and they made it another set of puzzles instead of making it something fun to drive around the city.

I have nothing else new to play... and yet rather than playing more Arkham Knight, I started a new game of XCOM.
Yeah, what he said.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I hear there are video sites where people record things like alternate endings and upload them for other people to see.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I know. It's just not the same.
coopasonic wrote:I am a huge batman fan and I can't be bothered to play the game because of the batmobile. Hey I am also a huge arcade driving fan, how could that be a problem?
I get it, but tooling around the city and whaling on bad guys never got old - even right up to the end it was still big fun. I only used the Batmobile when I had to, though to be fair there were a few story-related quests where it was mandatory. The story was what made it all worth it for me. Once again, Mark Hamill nailed the role of the Joker, and there was a musical number as part of a mission that was pretty funny. I also liked this version of Scarecrow - a character I normally feel rather "meh" about. I dunno. It felt like I was playing a comic book so that's my take.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Maybe when I find myself dying for something to play again I will give it another try. It might have pulled me in more on the xbox as well, but I got it free with a video card so I wasn't going to argue. Hmmm... amazon has the xbox version for $20... haven't even installed FFXV yet... later.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

JCC wrote:When it was rereleased it played fine for me from a stability standpoint. However, there's no fixing the wretched, unending, unfun batmobile sequences that ultimately led me to quit the game and just watch the (very good) ending on YouTube. I can't believe how much that ruined the game. Just AWFUL.
Yep, still hate it. The game would have been fine without it, but I rage quit during an annoying batmobile sequence. I liked all the other games, but Arkham Asylum is still my favorite. Well designed levels > open world for me every time.

Still can't get over what a pathetic design blunder all the forced batmobile sequences were.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

A bit late to the party but I just finished the game. Well, sort of, because there's some ridiculous glitchish thing at the end that prevented me from seeing the ending. Apparently, if you finish the main storyline with more than 7/14 side missions complete (I had 12/14), you can't see *any* ending until you complete the remaining missions. And there's no way I'm finding all 243 Riddler trophies/riddles. So I had to go to YouTube to see the ending.

Other than that, though, I really liked the game. I even didn't mind the batmobile parts, although occasionally those missions were really tough. The whole Joker-inside-Batman's head was very well done and the punchy-kicky parts were as good as the other games. Definitely worth the 15 bucks I picked it up for.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 pm I am a huge batman fan and I can't be bothered to play the game because of the batmobile. Hey I am also a huge arcade driving fan, how could that be a problem?

Oh wait, I already complained about this more than a year ago...
coopasonic wrote:I played a few hours of it on the PC (because it was free). I didn't notice any performance issues. All I noticed was that the game was entirely uninteresting. I thought maybe Arkham Origins was off to me because I was expecting Batman Origins, but now that I have played some of Arkham Knight I realize I just don't like the games. They don't add up to anything that interests me. That's odd because two things I love the most are batman and open world games. Combining them should have been a slam dunk. I understand he is the world's greatest detective, but the puzzly nature of every damn thing you have to do in the game gets old quickly. The batmobile was added and they made it another set of puzzles instead of making it something fun to drive around the city.

Yeah, what he said.
One of my friends gave me grief as he looked over my steam games list and saw that I only had a few hours into this. I was between games so I reinstalled it and for whatever reason, I kept at it this time. The batmobile didn't even bother me much. I did everything else and am at 50/243 on the joker stuff. They put way, way too many of those in there. I mean it's good that I picked up 40 or so in the course of the game without going out of my way. Another 30-40 wouldn't be that bad, but another 200? hahaha, no.

Smoove was definitely right about the story, it was very good. Shame about Riddler overload though.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Beats tracking down Liberty City pigeons.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:59 pm Beats tracking down Liberty City pigeons.
I am not sure it does. Pigeons aren't likely to have annoyingly simple yet time consuming puzzles attached. Doe the thing, switch to control the car, do that other thing, switch to the other tool to do that thing, oh yeah back to the car to switch the thing to the other thing, then switch to the batclaw and grab the thing.

Also who knew batman could slide while running? Nobody because it is only ever used ONCE in the entire game for another annoying riddler puzzle.

Also killing pigeons doesn't gate the actually ending to the damn game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm Pigeons aren't likely to have annoyingly simple yet time consuming puzzles attached.
I just checked Payton. She, at least, does not.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, all you had to do was find and shoot 200 pigeons in GTA4