Master of Orion-Reboot

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Master of Orion-Reboot

Post by GreenGoo »

NickAragua wrote:Heh

Sounds like you're having a good time with this one. I'm going to upgrade it to "pick up during steam sale with a reasonable discount".
For the record I waited a long time before buying it even with the Moo label and did get it during a sale (and then didn't play it for a long time. Can't remember if this was the last summer or winter sale). Moo3 made me gun-shy. I was a moo3 apologist for quite awhile (even downloaded a hacked version before the retail was available) until finally throwing my hands up and giving up. I hear people were able to turn it into a playable game eventually with mods and hard work, but I never went back. It was a travesty.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

More complaints: The game only ever allows for 1 cloud save. They must be HUGE, because syncing after you close the game takes forever. Probably the longest I've ever seen for any game, ever. So long that I assume something is broken rather than working as intended. Easily over 10 minutes. Oh, and it doesn't update the % left to sync, so it just sits there on 0% for..ever? I mean, I know it syncs eventually, since I've walked away from it and when I returned hours later it appeared to be finished. I'm sitting here staring at it though and it has got to be 20ish minutes and nothing has changed. I'd suggest this is a problem with steam and not Moo4 except this doesn't happen with other games (each of which has it's own unique sync times, based on save file size I assume).

And to make things even more fun, you can't launch the (any) game again until the sync'ing is complete, so...I'm staring at the steam app.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

There is a mod called Unofficial Code Patch that seems to address several combat lock ups.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote:There is a mod called Unofficial Code Patch that seems to address several combat lock ups.
Orly? I actually hate using steam workshop because I like my games vanilla but I'll check it out. Steam says the cloud usage for Moo4 is less than 200 mb. I mean...wtf is taking so long? modems no longer use baud for transfer rate, wtf steam and/or moo4.

Hey look, what does this alt-f4 do? Lol, nothing apparently. Let's see what the task manager has to say about that. Plus my system hasn't been rebooted in over a week. I guess it could use a clean boot, although I've found Win 7 to rarely have issues in this area. It has been quite stable for me for years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Killed steam, rebooted, reloaded, refought and the battle finished without a hitch. Plus I changed my tactics based on how much I was getting my ass kicked last time and came out on top with less losses this time. :D

It was still more attrition than I want or can afford. Their DD's were surprisingly hardy and hurty. My first beam BB was a complete failure. I'll need to revisit the design.

Spies just brought back adamantium armour (I think this is the top armour in the game) so that should help even the playing field. The Meklar are the first in any game so far to give me run for my money in espionage. They have 4 of my spies in prison and we've been back and forth otherwise. I don't think they have any intention to trade my spies back to me, and they still draw a salary (I think) so I'm not sure why I wouldn't just cut them loose. That said, I have a strange affection for them so in the meantime, they can remain a drain on my economy.

I have a single leader producing almost 25% of my research. And this is late game, so my empire is producing a crap-ton all on it's own, yet this guy is doing 23% of it all by himself. That's insane.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Psilons just killed off the Sakkra (who had recently tried to bribe me into declaring war on the Psilons. No thanks) that I had weakened earlier. Even so, the game is mine or the Meklar's to win or lose.

Game just told me I have 10 turns until I win an economic victory. Since I'm the only ones buying intergalactic shares, I guess that's not a surprise, although I don't actually know what the rules are. I'm coming up on 50% of the GGP (gross galactic product I'm guessing) so maybe that's it.

I just took the ultra-rich planet in the meklar home system (no wonder they were doing so well) and am waiting for more troop transports before taking their home world, so I guess it's over. Oddly, the game is still reporting the Meklar as having twice as much firepower as I do. Since I'm in their home system mucking about, I don't know where all that firepower is. 90% of my systems are either terraforming to gaia, exporting production to planets who ARE terrforming, or are still in the development stage and working on building infrastructure. I have taxes set to 5BC per pop, which results in a 50% morale hit (and this actually hurts, but I need the cash for...things). Essentially my war machine is on pause, so if my current fleets get hurt/destroyed, I'll be powerless for a bit.

Meklars are still way ahead on tech, but since the end of the tech tree is in sight, they probably won't stay that way for much longer. Not that it matters, since the game says I'm gonna win soon anyway.

edit: Speak of the devil, the next turn had a meklar fleet show up. It looks scarier than it is, since it's mostly frigates and destroyers, but there is a titan wedged in there, and since my current fleet is high and not wide (BBs and CCs with no smaller craft supporting), and I understand just how effective cheap, smaller ships can be in large numbers, I'm a little worried, especially since they are going to be higher tech than I have. I'm not going to engage, so they'll have to come to me if they want. Let's find out.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Turns out they just wanted to prevent me from receiving reinforcements.

I won an economic victory (and my first win) around turn 360. I was treated to a cut scene that was just my leader standing on the bridge and blinking occasionally. In retrospect it was damn weird and a waste of programming resources. I say that about a lot of the game actually. The tactical combat could use a lot more TLC, while the researcher animations and voice acting is money and time wasted (imo).

So that was a large circular galaxy with 5 (6?) ai on very hard where I was ranked last for 75% of the game. I never saw an antaran even once. The ai was not nearly aggressive enough. A couple of times early on the Sakkra and even the Meklar came sniffing around, threatening me and looking for hand outs, but I was able to turn them away with no real effort (not even diplomatic effort). Eventually the Sakkra declared war, but it was too late and I grabbed two systems before I let them have peace.

I will find out if they are more aggressive on the hardest difficulty. Be careful what you wish for, maybe.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Playing on the highest difficulty in moo2 would often result in some insane races with between 20 and 30 racial points worth of traits. Traits that you'd expect to find on the race itself, like growth, would remain after you captured them. You'd find some crazy races like +100% growth, +2 food, subterranean, tolerant sakkra. These would make ideal slave races, as every single one of those traits would remain after you captured them. Some games I would play with the specific intent of replacing my own race (which I designed with traits that weren't specific to the pop) with those of a slave race. I'd end up with a hybrid race with upwards of 50 racial points worth of traits. It's as fun and overpowered as it sounds.

In moo4 races don't seem to get a crazy amount of traits, even on the hardest difficulty, so that limits the effectiveness of this kind of strat.

My current race has +25% BC (cash). In moo2 this trait was tied to the individual pop unit. I just captured some Klackon in my current game, and the ui is reporting the extra cash that I would expect from my own pop, not captured pop. So this is odd and noteworthy and I don't know if it's a ui glitch (reporting but not actually giving the extra cash), a pop unit glitch (klackon shouldn't give the cash but does) or a racial trait glitch (gives all pop in my empire the same bonus). Or maybe this is just the way it's supposed to work and the extra cash comes from the awesome capitalism my empire engages in. I don't know, but it's weird (because moo2 worked the opposite way for this trait).

The Klackon are supposed to have +50% growth rate, but I can't tell if this transferred with the captured pop or not. They are still waiting to be assimilated, and until then, they suffer a 50% penalty to everything so it's hard to tell. I have yet to have a mixed race planet, so I don't know what happens in that situation, if anything. Bad things in moo2 unless you were unified (which slowed assimilation but resulted in no racial conflicts once done). Edit: Turns out they are +50% food, not growth. My bad. And yes, they retained this trait after I captured them. AND they seem to be generating the +25% BC from my race as well, so I guess this is empire specific and not pop specific.

It's possible that all races in the same empire behave the same way. i.e. they are identical except for their skins. That would suck. But I noticed that civilian transports (for moving pop around) have a race emblem on the side of them (which tells you which race is being carried). Why bother unless the pop units behave differently?

I'll need to watch this carefully to see if I can figure it out.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Power button is on the top of this case and we just got 2 new kittens, both of whom like to climb the case so they can reach the chair so they can reach the desk...

This is the third time they've turned off the system while I was playing. I managed to keep the system from completely rebooting but now I'm stuck watching the cloud sync again. I normally like the cloud saves in case I uninstall something and then reinstall it a year later so my saves are still available, but this is nuts.

No more cloud saves for you, moo4. You suck.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Still playing, less time and less interest in writing out my every thought on the game. That said, annoyances:

Silicoids end favourable diplo with "this one something something agrees with a light heart". They are made out of non-organic material. They may or may not have a heart analogue (I'm voting not). How would they have ever developed such a phrase?

space surveillance satellites have no visual range/aoe effect on the map. I have NO idea how far they see, or if they even seen. This might be a $5000 dollar military contract hammer. How would I know?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

GreenGoo wrote:Silicoids end favourable diplo with "this one something something agrees with a light heart". They are made out of non-organic material. They may or may not have a heart analogue (I'm voting not). How would they have ever developed such a phrase?
They didn't. The translator software translated their phrase (whatever it is) into the equivalent human phrase. Seriously, if this is the type of stuff that bothers you . . . :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Grifman wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Silicoids end favourable diplo with "this one something something agrees with a light heart". They are made out of non-organic material. They may or may not have a heart analogue (I'm voting not). How would they have ever developed such a phrase?
They didn't. The translator software translated their phrase (whatever it is) into the equivalent human phrase. Seriously, if this is the type of stuff that bothers you . . . :)
Yes it bothers me a little. They spent a lot of money on voice acting, they promoted it as part of the game during the ramp up to release, they've gone to great lengths to have colour and tone for each of the race leaders, and then we get this.

When you listen to the alien leaders, it is clearly them speaking and not some universal translator action. The Human leader ends every sentence with "friend". It's practically punctuation for him. This doesn't bother me, it's just funny. On the exact opposite note, the Psilons never refer to you as anything other than "stranger" no matter how close your race is with them. The humans say friend so often it's almost as if they believe it, but I know they are just trying to convince *me* to believe it. :D It doesn't work however, as I clearly view everyone as targets to be assimilated at some point. :P

And to be clear, the Silicoid thing bothers me in the same way that having a car with a colour that you don't like would bother you. It makes absolutely zero practical difference, yet somehow it's still annoying. :D

I'm going to go on record as voice acting in a strategy game is hit or miss. While I don't mind the leaders in, say, civII, here in moo4 land they have worf reading everything in sight, all of which I want to hear exactly once and then never again (because it's slow and I have 20 other things to click on before this turn ends and I do it all again in the next turn).

Every time I hear Worf speak all I actually hear is CHA-CHING (well, money down the drain actually), but it's cut off because I've already cancelled it and moved on to the next thing that needs my attention (which also might result in Worf starting to read something only to be cut off again).
Brian

Post by Brian »

GreenGoo wrote:And to be clear, the Silicoid thing bothers me in the same way that having a car with a colour that you don't like would bother you. It makes absolutely zero practical difference, yet somehow it's still annoying. :D
Oh, I get it. So it's like superfluous U's in words like color. Zero practical difference, yet somehow it's still annoying. :D
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grifman wrote:
Silicoids and GreenGoo at Tanagra. Silicoids, when the planetary shields fell.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:And to be clear, the Silicoid thing bothers me in the same way that having a car with a colour that you don't like would bother you. It makes absolutely zero practical difference, yet somehow it's still annoying. :D
Oh, I get it. So it's like superfluous U's in words like color. Zero practical difference, yet somehow it's still annoying. :D
Says the country who thinks colour should be pronounced colonr.

It's a nonstarter anyway since English is rife with idiosyncrasies. If we started fixing them we'd be here forever and the language would be unrecognisable after.

What's next? Rock monsters talking about their bloodlines?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Conquered the Meklar in my current game (hey, they started it). When they were removed from the game, the 3 agents I had working in their empire were killed in action.

At least their salaries dropped off payroll. :?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So the Klackon are huge. Enormous. And I can't have trade treaties with anyone because they require an investment of over 1000 BC and no ai ever has that much. I'm been gifting them cash so they can trade with me, but the galactic stock exchange is up and I need to upgrade some ships so I'm strapped for cash.

I moved into second in terms of population after assimilating the Meklar, and they are pretty good, being cybernetic and +25% production (my own race is cybernetic and -25% growth) so I replaced my own pop on a number of worlds with Meklar. I'm telepathic so once conflict starts, conquest has been relatively fast, although they hurt my fleet enough that I had to stop and repair several times.

You can tell I'm not confident in my combat game yet, as instead of knocking off the king of the hill, I decide to start some shit with the Psilons, who just recently took Orion (which is weird, I didn't even know where it was and actually forgot it existed. I have yet to conquer it in this version of Moo4). So I'm in the middle of infiltrating them when the silicoids offer me a bribe (a tiny bit of cash but also battle scanners!) to go to war with the Humans, and since I need to grow to take on the Klackon eventually, I accept it. I'm out of position and have no spies with the Humans, but we'll see. It's actually late game so everyone still in the game is doing well enough, except the Mrrshan, who got stuck on the wrong end of an early war with the Alkari and have never recovered. Why someone hasn't eaten them I don't know.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get tech is research, espionage or trading. There are no spoils of war (except entire planets of course).

So it has been a fun game. Despite being repulsive, telepathy has allowed me to maintain reasonable relations with most of the galaxy for most of the game. Early trade treaties (and research, although these are prohibitively expensive) are very strong in this game. In moo2 all I saw were slaves when I looked at the ai, but here I'm less aggressive (the game has got a number of factors making early conflict less appealing. Telepathy needs battleships instead of cruisers for instant assim, for example) and early trading seems to pay off, so I rushed embassies in this game. Most of the time I forget embassies exist.

The Klackon have threatened me to vote for them during council, and I did, once, but it wasn't enough. Now *I'm* in the running for the supreme leader of everything. I don't think me and the Klackon are going to be getting along much longer.

The key to a war like this will be breaking the back of his main fleet. Once that's down I can whittle away at him while he rebuilds (cheats!) a new fleet. If I can't break his back, I'll need to keep his fleets busy defending, because I really can't afford to lose any of my fully developed worlds.

It's only a matter of time. Meanwhile, the diplomatic and economic victory conditions are creeping up. We'll see. We'll see.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I finally got me a test game going. On easy with a large galaxy. I wanted to see what things do before I start messing with other races.
So far I'm building way too many facilitates. But I wanted to see what they did. I occupied only a few systems bu I'm colonizing all the planets. Another mistake.
I've got about a 12-15 ship fleet from a battleship down to frigates. Don't know if that's good or bad. Only using about 1/3 of my command points.
I'm about 500 turns in. Don't know whether to continue or start over again. I'm playing the bird people.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I kind of despise the pre-built races, because they are just so boring. Some of them have like 2 or 3 racial traits (uninteresting ones at that) which have little effect on your strategy at all, so the game is played almost entirely based on the tech tree.

If you have specific questions dbt, let me know. If you want to know general strategy I can write something up that'll work. I'm not an expert on the game by any means. Most of my knowledge comes from ways the game is the same and the ways it is different from moo2.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I'm 10 turns from another economic win. I'm going to have to turn that off in my next game, since I seem to be accidentally winning that way. I don't even know what specifically causes the economic win and so far I've been too lazy to find out.

This will be my first win on the hardest setting. The ai is not nearly aggressive enough. The klackon should have conquered the galaxy by now.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

If you can find an early ship leader with bonus to research, snatch them up. Here at the end of my game a level 3 leader is producing 350 rp a turn. Insane.

Edit: So that was my first win on Extreme difficulty. I was slow and easy pickin's for a long time but was able to fend off anyone sniffing around through good trade relationships and the occasional consent to some diplomatic demand. The Meklar who are somwhat erratic diplomacy-wise declared war for the sole reason that I had put up an outpost in a route they wanted to use. We were had a good relationship, they declared war, blew up my outpost, then I never heard from them again. They weren't even geographically close to me. In any case, when I was ready and needed a target, the Klackon were farther away and I was already at war with the Meklar so...

The humans had 2 systems left when I became Scrooge McDarlok.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm playing the Meklar in my second game. Still playing easy. I understand most of it but how do the warp gates work? I go thru them on my way to another warp gate but it doesn't seem to save me any time. I've stopped on them and right clicked to no avail.
Most all of this stuff is MOO2 with some better graphics and some frills. I happen to love MOO2 so I'm doing well with this one.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The gates bypass the starlanes. You don't build the gates on both ends of a starlane and then travel that lane, you build them on any warp point (end of a starlane) and then travel to another gate in another system not linked to your current system.

You can use the gates to "fly" through normal space (i.e. not a star lane). The game will give you the least time travel route, so you just need to send a fleet somewhere and the game will figure out when it's better to use gates (most of the time) and when it's faster just to run through the starlanes. You can send a fleet from 1 side of the galaxy through a gate, to the other side of the galaxy (arriving at another gate). The fleet will travel in a straight line between the gates. The down side is the fleet out of reach while it's travelling, so no new orders until it arrives. If the trip will take 10 turns, bye bye fleet for 10 turns.

Does that make sense?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, the galaxy generator has to be tied to the difficulty level somehow. I've started 10 games on Extreme with balanced starts turned off. 9 of those starts had zero planets in my home system and 1 start had a tiny radiated.

I didn't expect that.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I won my game with a transcendental victory altho I was only three turns from researching everything.
Now I'm starting another game on normal and all the pirates and incidentals included.
First thing off the bat i get pirates out the wazoo. I quick destroyer and they're gone for now.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pirates can be killed by a single frigate full of missiles and 1 bomb equipped. They exist to make you build military ships, but your very first frigate, refitted, is good enough.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It took one more turn to build a destroyer than a frigate. It takes numerous turns until the next research item.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The Antarians don't seem to attack anybody but me. Always against my homeworld. I'm sure the developers did this on purpose to make this more "fun", but you know what? FUCK YOU DEVELOPERS!
Three times I beat them but on the fourth they went all in with the big boys.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The antarans attack whoever has the top score.

I take back what I said about the ai not being aggressive enough. Had one game where an early declaration of war by the Alkari put me on my back foot and threw me off my game. They also sniped a couple of colony ships, slowing me down even further. They never came after me directly (lots of defensive building for nothing) and the loss of the colony ships (yes, they were escorted) ground me to a halt.

A second game had the Klackon and Nazin declare war early, taking my 2 fledgling colonies. I managed to get them both back, but not after 10's of turns of unproductive building soon to be obsolete warships.

Of course the game is cheating like crazy, as there is no way either race could have the ships or population at that stage of the game, at least not more than me, given their race traits, but that's the nature of the harder difficulty levels. Moo2 ai was pure cheat too.

I'm fine with it, but I can't help but think it's unfair when I take 20 turns to build a fleet, kill their fleet, then encounter another fleet of theirs same size 5 turns later.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

In my current game the Silicoids have the most planets and population (!) but I have a higher tech score. I guess that puts me in first.
Anyrate it'll be awhile before I play a game with the Antarians again.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

dbt1949 wrote:In my current game the Silicoids have the most planets and population (!) but I have a higher tech score. I guess that puts me in first.
Anyrate it'll be awhile before I play a game with the Antarians again.
There is literally a score assigned to everyone, that seems to be some sort of aggregate across all the other win condition scores. I have no idea how it's calculated, sorry.

Antarans are just there to give you something interesting to deal with. If you're not in the lead, they attack the leader, and more often than not, they win. But they don't seem to attack the colony itself, so all it does is wipe out some ships and maybe a starbase. Since the ai gets these for free on the higher difficulties, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Of course if they wipe out your fleet while you're at war with someone, that would suck. I would recommend taking your ships away from the attack point and keep them safe. The Antarans should kill the starbase, get bored and go home.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holy crap, just had a sun go supernova on the Humans. I've seen that event start like a thousand times (in moo2, and several times here), but I've never seen it not prevented. Nothing but rubble left in that system. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You can tell how popular a strategy game is based on how many in depth articles have been written for it. Love reading others' hardwork on figuring out the best way to do things.

Moo4 is not popular. :D
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The Antarans wiped out my homeworld. I could still rebuild I guess.
Another odd thing is I have pollution problems with a silicoid race. It degrades my planet to a different status. IE rich to barren. Even my volcanic worlds have this problem. I have learned that the pollution can't be reduce by buildings in this case but it can if you reduce your production.
They dropped the pollution out of the Civ series because it wasn't "fun". They should do the same for MoO.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

dbt1949 wrote:The Antarans wiped out my homeworld. I could still rebuild I guess.
Huh. They never even brought bombs when they hit me, although I haven't been in the lead on any of my harder games, so I don't know what they bring there.

What turn was this on?
dbt1949 wrote: Another odd thing is I have pollution problems with a silicoid race. It degrades my planet to a different status. IE rich to barren. Even my volcanic worlds have this problem. I have learned that the pollution can't be reduce by buildings in this case but it can if you reduce your production.
They dropped the pollution out of the Civ series because it wasn't "fun". They should do the same for MoO.
Pollution does a couple of things. 1) it degrades farming land, reducing the food produced. This is temporary and can be fixed by letting the pollution score run down. 2) if enough of it builds up (I believe past the x/300 value, so 301/300?) it will reduce the biome 1 step down. Gaia->terran->arid/ocean/swamp->tundra/desert->barren. So best not to let too much pollution build up. The biome damage happens whether you eat food or not. I have never had this happen, but I assume you can just re-terraform and get back to a better biome.

I actually don't know how pollution produced is calculated. It seems to differ based on biome and planet size (which also impacts the pollution cap I think. It's a giant mystery to me. I just try to keep pollution under dangerous levels). Oh, and population produces pollution too, even without production, so the more people, the more pollution.

Rich is the mineral classification and I believe it can only change based on random events (up or down). This affects how many production points you get from each production tile.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Survival pods give your leaders 100% chance of surviving, even if your fleet was completely destroyed, which means they are now immortal. In moo2 you had to have a ship survive combat to pick up the pod, otherwise the leader was still lost.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Apparently there is an achievement for 100 colonies. Which isn't that hard to do when you're telepathic. Just flying a fleet into a system will result in all those colonies joining you, 1 per turn.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Freyland wrote:There is a mod called Unofficial Code Patch that seems to address several combat lock ups.
Find it here

Many major bugs that the developers will never fix are fixed in this code patch.
For example, in the vanilla game your combat leaders will add 100x the bonus they are supposed to...

AND...

Bug.0.0.5.4: Tactical Combat Lockups/Crash - Found another source of common lockups during tactical battles, in certain situations I could force a lockup/application crash about 70-80% of the time. It is a timing issue, and related to some of my previous comments about race conditions in the code
Fix.0.0.5.4: Removed redundant and frequent UI refresh logic (which also has a minor speed boost) and put additional safe guards around some tactical objects - this is not perfect and would not consider done, but is much more stable than before, IMO

Bug.0.0.5.4: Tactical Combat sometimes show inaccurate weapon modifiers on button tool-tip (especially noticable on first ship selected at start of combat)
Fix.0.0.5.4: Corrected setting so the proper mods are show

Bug.0.0.5.4: Combat Colony visible but non-functional buttons for "MindControl" and "Destroy Planet" when you are the defender
Fix.0.0.5.4: If you are not the attacker those buttons will be hidden

Bug.0.0.5.4: FE_SKIPPED is missing, seen when tell a fleet to skip its turn on the fleet control panel
Fix.0.0.5.4: Added missed localization text for this tag.

Bug.0.0.5.4: Notifications can significantly add to start of turn lag (recorded over 67 seconds for displaying them)
Fix.0.0.5.4: Removed redundant notification refreshes going on, reduced the time from 67 seconds to 20 ms in the test save I was using.

Bug.0.0.5.4: Stellar Converter in tactical battles requires manual activation - so the AI never uses it.
Fix.0.0.5.4: Added game logic to allow for the auto usage of the Stellar Converter

Bug.0.0.5.4: Energy Absorber requires manual activation - so the AI never uses it.
Fix.0.0.5.4: Added game logic to allow for the auto usage of the energy absorber

Bug.0.0.5.4: Ship Blueprint Manager Fighters/Bombers/Heavy Bombers - DPS are the bottom of the edit screen always displays zero
Fix.0.0.5.4: Corrected this display issue

Bug.0.0.5.4: Ship Blueprint Manager Weapons - Production Cost increase not showing up for MIRV, Heavy Mount, or Semi-Guided modifier tool-tips
Fix.0.0.5.4: Corrected this tool-tip miss

Bug.0.0.5.4: Found tactical/auto-resolve a condition that could stop a ship from moving, but be out of range/arc for all weapons. The ship would just sit there until destroyed.
Fix.0.0.5.4: Game is zeroing out the linear velocity of the ship under certain condition but at the same time also zeroing out its angular velocity incorrectly. Thus removing the ship's ability to rotate. Corrected this so the ship will rotate correctly to bring it weapons to bear.

Bug.0.0.5.4: Ship Blueprint Management Screen allows for redundant (ignored) modules to be installed for example: ECM Jammer and Wide-Area ECM Jammer on the same ship (only one will be used in combat)
Fix.0.0.5.4: Changed screen so redundant modules like this are not show - current categories are: jammer, inertial, cloaking, and displacement. Full mod support to add others categories.

Bug.0.0.5.3: Linux Only - Game is forcing full screen mode on intro movies and leaving the app in full screen
Fix.0.0.5.3: Linux Only - Disabled this logic as its only point that I can tell is to piss the user off

Bug.0.0.5.3: Tactical Deployment not using correct setting for SMALL combat zone
Fix.0.0.5.3: Corrected

Bug.0.0.5.3: Sometimes the AI ships fly in a straight line and will not engage enemy fleet
Fix.0.0.5.3: The AI ships are getting stuck in a movement order, added logic to keep increasing their scanning range until enemy fleet is detected

Bug.0.0.5.3: Attack Rating Calculations fluctuate widely if weapon slots are added due to how the game is calculating Average Weapon Penetration
Fix.0.0.5.3: Removed the calculation for average weapon penetration and dispersed that logic to each individual weapon slot so that the value will be more accurate

Bug.0.0.5.3: Timeline Graph disconnect between graph data and drop down when graph is revisited (graph always defaults to SCORE, but the dropdown remains the same)
Fix.0.0.5.3: Just set the dropdown to also default to SCORE

Bug.0.0.5.3: Editing multiple Blueprints under certain conditions will result in the ship's role being set to a different role
Fix.0.0.5.3: Fixed the one case of this that I could find that was reproducable - not sure if it corrects in all cases

Bug.0.0.5.3: Spawned Pirates bases do not show up if playing race with omniscience (initial bases or bases upon load appear, but not re-spawns)
Fix.0.0.5.3: Corrected this issue, by sending notifications to all omniscience races about the spawned pirate base

Bug.0.0.5.3: Tactical Controls Overhaul (take 1) - corrected a number of issues with current controls - such as the Speed Slider not working, the Range Slider going to an impossible state, and various other issues
Fix.0.0.5.3: This is a basic overhaul of this functionality. How much controls you have over your ships now depends upon your ship selection. You have to go to squadron level if you want to control weapons, specials, reformation, setting roles, etc.

Bug.0.0.5.3: AI does not ask for prisoner exchange due to it not allocating that deal to an expense category and thus not willing to spend BC on it
Fix.0.0.5.3: Assigned prisoner exchange to ESPIONAGE transaction type. UPDATE: This is not a final fix - apparently found that the AI is not adding this deal to its possible deals, will fix in a later release

Bug.0.0.5.3: Colony set to Production Focus assigns too many workers to food production (Especially noticeable for races like Silicoid, who get unneeded farmers)
Fix.0.0.5.3: Corrected logic so that is only assigned needed amount of workers to farming

Bug.0.0.5.3: Plasma Web functionality does not match in game description
Fix.0.0.5.3: Corrected clinging nature of the web attack, lack of armor penetration on damage, and splash radius being too small

Bug.0.0.5.3: ARMOR_PENETRATION_LOWER_CAP global.yaml is not being correctly loaded
Fix.0.0.5.3: Fixed error in the load value for this setting (This is a modding fix since the normal yaml setting matches the games internal default)

Bug.0.0.5.3: AI and Autobuild will build food producing structures on planets that do not need them (mainly seen with conquered planets)
Fix.0.0.5.3: Checks a colony's food consumption needs and if zero sets structure score for food production to zero as well

Bug.0.0.5.3: Pulsar and Plasma Web Attack Rating calculations seem to be off
Fix.0.0.5.3: Adjusted formula to take in effect the area of the splash radius (previous modification just used the radius of the splash area). Looks more accurate

Bug.0.0.5.3: Ameoba attack/defense ratings are still too low, causing AI to kill themselves fighting it
Fix.0.0.5.3: Increased attack/defense ratings calculation for ameoba trying to simulate the splitting of this monster into sub-monsters

Bug.0.0.5.3: Auto-Resolve Time is too short
Fix.0.0.5.3: Increased the length of time this will run from 25 seconds to 60 seconds to avoid it timing out and falling back to mock simulation

Bug.0.0.5.2: Blackhole generator use by AI is using the wrong range value (pulling from a global instead of what is in the WeaponTypes.yaml)
Fix.0.0.5.2: Corrected range to properly use what is setup in the WeaponTypes.yaml file

Bug.0.0.5.2: Torpedoes initial attack vector is being calculated incorrectly (leading them to be widely inaccurate)
Fix.0.0.5.2: Corrected initial attack vector and also adjusted for FAST modifications

Bug.0.0.5.2: PD Effective Calculation for Multiple Weapon Slots yields odd defense calculation
Fix.0.0.5.2: Corrected it so that it is now average the weapon slots PD damage instead of summing it. So 4 PD Lasers in 1 slot vs 2 PD Lasers in 2 slots will yield same defense score.

Bug.0.0.5.2: When a colony is invaded, the colony owner changes before the structures are destroyed that are non-transferable. This causes problems with certain structure abilities.
Fix.0.0.5.2: Reordered the change of owner and structure destruction. This is really a 5x mod fix

Bug.0.0.5.2: AI Pollution Structure - Adjusted the value both for the AI and for the player AutoBuild
Fix.0.0.5.2: Removed constant value entirely from calculation

Bug.0.0.5.2: Racial Bonus to Espionage Risk is reducing offensive spy capability
Fix.0.0.5.2: Corrected flipped sign; added defensive logic to work with 5x mod

Bug.0.0.5.2: Encountered a NAN error during a tactical battle causing battle to stop
Fix.0.0.5.2: Put some defense code logic to avoid this in SetDestiny code. These look almost like race conditions in the code to me.

Bug.0.0.5.1: Encountered a division by zero error during a tactical battle causing battle to stop
Fix.0.0.5.1: Put some defense code logic to avoid this case in the OrderUseModule GetTarget code. These look almost like race conditions in the code to me.

Bug.0.0.5.1: Encountered a NullReferenceException during a tactical battle causing battle to stop
Fix.0.0.5.1: Placed some defensive code in the two routines that showed up on the log FillSpecialsButtons and FillSelectedSquadronInfo. These look almost like race conditions in the code to me. UPDATE: This was an effect not a cause of the larger issue

Bug.0.0.5.1: When the MIRV missile split into fragment, the fragments would loss all missile modifications
Fix.0.0.5.1: Added missing code to re-enable FAST, ARMORED, and ECCM benefits to missile fragments.

Bug.0.0.5.1: Missile modification ARMORED is not working
Fix.0.0.5.1: Added missing code to adjust missile health

Bug.0.0.5.1: Fighters sometimes circle around empty space for the entire battle
Fix.0.0.5.1: Corrected endless loop on orbitattack, fighters will now break from it and perform further actions

Bug.0.0.5.1: Missile modification FAST is not working
Fix.0.0.5.1: Adjusted logic to modify maxVelocity instead of velocity

Bug.0.0.5.1: Wide Area Jammer not given main defense benefit to equipped ship only the fleet bonus is working
Fix.0.0.5.1: Corrected missing check for wide area jammer in ships missile defense calculations

Bug.0.0.5.1: Research Treaties - Cost is prohibitively expensive as it is summing the cost of all previous research items
Fix.0.0.5.1: Adjusted Research Treaties to work basically the same as trade treaties - much lower cost, now affordable throughout the game (or at least as affordable as trade treaties)

Bug.0.0.5.1: Attack calculations are off for ships due to a leader bonus bug (present or not-present), resulting in missiles rating higher than beams
Fix.0.0.5.1: Corrected leader bonus issue in attack calculations

Bug.0.0.5.1: Missile/Torpedo Modification ECCM is doing nothing as it is reading the wrong value from the yaml file
Fix.0.0.5.1: Adjusted logic to read in the correct value

Bug.0.0.5.1: MIRV is doing excessive damage, logic is making each fragment do the same damage as the full missile, supposed to double damage overall, so with 4 fragments each should be doing 1/2 main missile damage
Fix.0.0.5.1: Corrected damage of MIRV fragments in tactical battle

Bug.0.0.5.0: Tactical Options Popup screen ignores the check box "Don't show this again" and always just turns itself off
Fix.0.0.5.0: Made that check box actually work correctly

Bug.0.0.5.0: "Galactic Currency Exchange" and "Interplanetary Security Transmitter" not having their benefit calculated for AI building
Fix.0.0.5.0: Added in logic to have their benefit considered for building order

Bug.0.0.5.0: ShipBuilding Screen displays too many decimal places in certain place for module size
Fix.0.0.5.0: Formatted size to fixed 2 decimal places

Bug.0.0.5.0: Ships not decloaking when they fire, but decloaking when they are moving; Phasing Cloack/Cloaking field basic work as same thing
Fix.0.0.5.0: Corrected logic, added avoidance and missileavoidance values to cloaking field

Bug.0.0.5.0: Ameoba attack ratings are way too low, causing AI to kill themselves fighting it
Fix.0.0.5.0: Increased attack ratings calculation for ameoba attacks - this only affects the calculated chance of victory, no affect in actual combat against monster

Bug.0.0.5.0: AI not using Blackhole generator
Fix.0.0.5.0: Fixed usage logic for blackhole generator special

Bug.0.0.5.0: Antaran Defense Fleet - Cruiser and Frigate numbers are flipped
Fix.0.0.5.0: Corrected the flip

Bug.0.0.5.0: Fleet Leader Bonus - Incorrectly being divided by 10
Fix.0.0.5.0: Changed to make the bonus divide by 100 as it is supposed to do. <Made to be Auto-Compatible with Spud Dastardly's Mod>

Bug.0.0.5.0: Tech - Telepathic Training adding to Spy Offensive ability
Fix.0.0.5.0: Removed this as it is only supposed to provide an experience bonus

Bug.0.0.5.0: AI Pollution Structure - AI is incorrectly evaluating the demand for these structures causing them to build in incorrect order
Fix.0.0.5.0: Removed high static value from build order evaluation for pollution reduction structures

Bug.0.0.4.x: Empire Security Tooltip - some values where not being correctly rounded
Old.0.0.4.x: Properly formatted them to match other screens

Bug.0.0.4.x: Option - Bug Report
Old.0.0.4.x: Removed option from the game (for this mod) - I do not want people reporting errors to NGD that I might have caused

Bug.0.0.4.x: AI is not offering trade treaties
Old.0.0.4.x: Adjusted chances that the AI will, by adjusting its cost/profit ratio

Bug.0.0.4.x: AI is overvaluing trade/research treaties - you can make insane lopsided deals
Old.0.0.4.x: Changed calculation so it is more of a neutral decision

***** Enhancements *****
Chg.0.0.5.4: Combat Colony - Completely redid the logic for calculating leader bonuses and the enhanced combat colony labels

Chg.0.0.5.4: Disabled Tobii EyeTracking (Windows) at least on my sytsem that is causing a good deal of general UI lag

Chg.0.0.5.4: Tactical Battles - Added back mass hold button functionality

Add.0.0.5.4: AI will now use a Stellar Converter to destroy a planet. Currently the Antaran's will always do this and the other races will do it based off their unused racial setting of stellarConverterInclination (0-10) where
10 = 100% chance.

Chg.0.0.5.4: Modified overkill value from 2.5 to 1.65; just seeing if this reduces the targetting overkill

Add.0.0.5.4: Updated ship blueprint editing and weapon tool-tips to show adjusted numbers for weapons for installed weapon modifications

Add.0.0.5.4: Added notification popup for Science Victory, indicating Who, What, and Where very similar to the Economic Victory notifications. I got tired of being blind-sighted about this victory condition by the AI.

Add.0.0.5.4: Added logic to allow modders to let the AI upgrade special modules on a ship template, but only allow one of them. So they can add Mult-wave ECM Jammer and ECM Jammer and the game will use the first one of the list that it knows

Add.0.0.5.3: Added on the Empire Management Screen tooltips for the little icons that appear below a planet's name - shows stuff like revolt, gravity issues, assimulating population, etc.

Chg.0.0.5.3: Tutorial - Removed link on single player game to the tutorial since it is hopelessly broken

Add.0.0.5.3: Added on the Empire Management Screen indication that a colony has a moon (shows up with the special resource text under the colony's name)

Add.0.0.5.3: Added tooltips for Civilian, Military, Bombs, and Marine Icons on the Fleet Control Panel since this is a common question

Chg.0.0.5.3: Torpedoes reduced spread to make them more accurate at longer range

Add.0.0.5.3: Production/Research Focus - Modified these planet focus so that it will attempt for minor population growth (assuming the planet is not full and the planet is occupied by races that need food)

Add.0.0.5.3: TechTree - Made the known techs border a brighter yellow and a bit thicker, hoping this emphasizes which techs your race actually knows, mainly trying to emphasize for nodes that contrain branch choices

Add.0.0.5.3: AutoCast - Toggled AutoCast of specials on, otherwise specials like "automated repair" have to be turned on manually or they will not work

Add.0.0.5.3: Colony Production Queue - Set to be enabled by default, I know I turn it on at the start of ever game

Add.0.0.5.3: Tactical Combat Squadron Selector Keys - Added keys "[" and "]" to cycle though your squadrons (Prev/Next)

Fix.0.0.5.3: Star Fortress not displaying the attack/defense/hull ratings corrected this mistake

Add.0.0.5.2: Antaran Attack Fleet - Made the target colony be random instead of always targeting the location of the civilization's largest fleet.

Add.0.0.5.2: Ship Blue Prints - Reduced the number of bombs the AI likes to put on its ships, thus increasing there combat capability in fleet battles.

Add.0.0.5.1: Fighters Re-targeting - If fighters still have ammo left and the ship squadron they where attacking is destroyed they will re-target another enemy instead of returning to home ship. Basically gives them free dauntless type capabilities.

Chg.0.0.5.1: Military Outpost Tooltip - Moved tooltip higher to not overlap combat chances.

Add.0.0.5.0: Ship Naming - Increased length of possible names and allowed the space character.

Add.0.0.5.0: Trade/Research Treaty - Added per-turn yield to tooltips.

Add.0.0.5.0: Empire Research Tooltip - Added missing category for research treaties that are currently active.

Add.0.0.5.0: AI Spending Habits - Adjusted some spending habits on when the AI would rush buy starbase and perform normal ship upgrades.

Old.0.0.4.x: Combat Fleet Toolip - Added Information on ships on the Fleet Combat Screen.

Old.0.0.4.x: Military Outpost Tooltip - Added a tooltip for the outposts detailing attack and defense ratings as well as hull integrity of the structure.

Old.0.0.4.x: Changed game logic from only display "starbase" icon above planet to any orbital defensive structures. Added the missing defensive (missile base and orbital batteries) structures to the list. I got tired of attacking planets and going - wow they have a missile base. Also added the attack/defense/hull ratings to these as well.

Old.0.0.4.x: Victory Screen - You can now see victory conditions rankings even if that victory type is disabled.

Old.0.0.4.x: Settings Save/Load - Game now recalls most but not all your settings. So if for instance you do not like pirates turn it off in advanced and from then on every game you play will have it turned off.

Old.0.0.4.x: Invading Planets Capture Tech - After invasion is done there is a possibility of you acquiring a piece of tech from the enemy.

Old.0.0.4.x: Colony Invasion - Removed drop ship mechanic, adjusted combat formula to compensate (thanks Spud), now shows when the attacker troops are killed. Added graphic of bombing while this was going on just to give you something to watch.

Old.0.0.4.x: Planet Food Tooltip - Added internal game values of life points current / needed for next population. (In Config.cfg add "UIShowRawData = True" to [UCP] section)

Old.0.0.4.x: ShipBlueprint Tooltip - As a small tooltip to your ships so you can tell the difference between Frigate III and Frigate IV. Shows Leaders Stat info as well.

Old.0.0.4.x: New Game - Changed to just auto select a random race, corrected issue so only playable races will be selected.

Old.0.0.4.x: Combat Colony - Added attack and defense numbers for marines and armor on the screen.

Old.0.0.4.x: Civil Transports - Made it clearer what race a civil transport is carrying, just added the passenger race to the end of the ship name.

Old.0.0.4.x: Intro - Shortened intro - so game loads faster, technically just aborting movie at start and turning off audio. Not the best fix, but about as much effort as I wanted to put on this.

Old.0.0.4.x: Version Info - Modified main menu version # so it is obvious that this mod is installed.

Old.0.0.4.x: Trade Treaty - Moved this from Economic to Diplomatic budget line item for the AI.

Old.0.0.4.x: NextTurnSound Option - I hate the next turn sound, gives me a headache. Added a new config option in the config.cfg file, just add "NextTurnSound = STARMAP_CLICK" in the [SOUND] section (at the end) after the entry for Music. (Note if this line is missing you will still get that annoying gong sound). Made an option since some people might like that and was wondering how it would work out.

Old.0.0.4.x: Audience Message Box - They spent all this time animating the models and then placed a dialog box on top of it. This just moves to the top left.

Old.0.0.3.x: Option - Bug Report - Removed non-functional option from the game

***** Historical Bug Fixes - NGD Developers asked for and received my code for these fixes that they included in the latest official patches *****
Bug.0.0.4.x: Attacking a Colony sometimes the abort button would not be enabled at start
Fix.0.0.4.x: Made it so at start the abort option is always possible if you are the attacker. Looks like it was just recalling old settings.

Bug.0.0.4.x: Fighters run out of ammo too fast due to a couple of coding bugs, thus making them recall back to base for resupply
Fix.0.0.4.x: Corrected ammo usage for fighters

Bug.0.0.4.x: Racial Perks shows up on Diplomacy Screen even if turned off in the game
Fix.0.0.4.x: Corrected visual mistake

Bug.0.0.4.x: Empire Security Tooltip - values where not being truncated floats
Fix.0.0.4.x: Properly formatted them to match other screens

Bug.0.0.4.x: Firing Race's Racial Trait - Beam Defense was being added to the defenders beam defense
Fix.0.0.4.x: Corrected so the game actual uses the target's racial trait (if it has one)

Bug.0.0.3.x: Main screen economic tooltip shows incorrect value for the Leaders SubTotal
Fix.0.0.3.x: Was displaying the fleet update cost, corrected to proper tag

Bug.0.0.3.x: If you exit a game back to main menu and then create a new game the game remembers some but not all your settings.
Fix.0.0.3.x: Just fixed the settings it forgot to set.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Ground Combat Combat Leader Bonus for Attacker is calculated incorrectly, it left out the division by 100
Fix.0.0.2.x: Added the missing division statement

Bug.0.0.2.x: Mods that change Weapon.yaml dont show changes in UI
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected inaccurate UI by adjusting the cached value

Bug.0.0.2.x: Growth rate calculation is way off, consider this a bug given how bad it was being calculated.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Modified Growth Rate it is now set to 1 / ((1+ racial bonus) * (1 + microbiotics + universal antidote + structures + (leader bonus / 100) - event bonus - resource bonus).

Bug.0.0.2.x: Planetary Resource Tooltip - PopGrowth (wrong sign, not a percentage) and Morale (not a percentage); This is really a correction for mods as base game does not use this.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected tooltip.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Ground Combat Combat Defender Leader Bonus not being added into Armor Defense Calculations
Fix.0.0.2.x: Multiplied the defense for armor the same as the calculations the game users for defending marines.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Defender's Armor Combat Calculations not using the proper base constant, using MARINE instead of ARMOR
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected calculation to use the correct base constant

Bug.0.0.2.x: Civil Transport - Does not show race when first created
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected the initial creation of a civil transport so that the initial race is correctly set.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Civil Transport - You can select multiple ship to disembark but only unloads one of them.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Disable unload button unless 1 and only 1 ship selected.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Civil Transport - Game always unloads the left most civil transport in the fleet, regardless of which one is selected.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected action so that the correct civil transport is unloaded.

Bug.0.0.2.x: Research tooltip area can go off screen - Gauss Cannon (default) top is not readable.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Checks to see if this condition will happen and if so places the tooltip at the top of the screen.

Bug.0.0.2.x: When receiving tribute and deal ends game tells you where paying it to them.
Fix.0.0.2.x: Corrected incorrect statement.

Bug.0.0.1.x: Starbases/Missile Bases/Orbital Batteries/Military Outposts do not repair themselves.
Fix.0.0.1.x: Added auto-repair for these structures, once per turn

Bug.0.0.1.x: Tactical Battle MIRV splitting at wrong location and MIRV fragment's are not target-able by Point Defense
Fix.0.0.1.x: Corrected split location and made the fragments PD target-able.

Bug.0.0.1.x: Leader's with buyout reduction increasing costs vs reducing prices
Fix.0.0.1.x: Changed the operation to correct subtract instead of add the Leader's bonus.

Bug.0.0.1.x: Minor Civilization investing does not show reduction in your BC's total until you proceed to the next turn
Fix.0.0.1.x: Forced refresh of screen

Bug.0.0.1.x: If Over Command Limit and you scrap a ship, the screen still shows that you are running a BC deficit due to command points overage
Fix.0.0.1.x: Recalculates the Net Command Points for your fleet and forced screen refresh after this event

Bug.0.0.1.x: At start of turn, if your empire procedures a ship or otherwise increased command points over your limit, this new BC deficit does not show up until your next turn
Fix.0.0.1.x: Recalculates the Net Command Points for your fleet and forced screen refresh after this event
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I would pay money just to have ui elements refresh when changes are made, instead of having to deselect/reselect for those changes to be reported.

It wouldn't hurt if combat orders while paused were not a crapshoot about whether they'll "take" or not.

I've played enough that a general bugfix patch would do wonders to my enjoyment so I'll definitely take a look.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I took a look at the list Dave posted and there was a lot of interesting stuff in there. Quite a few of them I recognized, a few sound great and a few I didn't understand.

Once upon a time you had to be a member to use Nexus so I've avoided it ever since. I have no idea what their rules are these days, and I have no interest in using them. The title appears to be the same as the steam workshop entry, with the same graphic. I'll look closer to see if they are the same version, or what.

edit: Same version.

I noticed some interesting items in the workshop. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I don't like the racial point distribution because it really limits your ability to create interesting races. Uncreative comes with a research penalty (this annoys me) and creative comes with a bonus (which is actually good, because creative by itself is just not very good. It's not nearly as powerful as it was in moo2).

I may check out some of the mods as the game could use some more colour/interesting things. I saw you have to play a game with NO racial traits, meaning the race you pick is pure flavour only, all the races play the same. Is that something people actually wanted? I can't imagine a more terrible idea. Sure it helps balance multiplayer, but my god...so boring.