Mass Effect: Andromeda

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: Arcanis, LawBeefaroni

Post Reply
User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Not much yet about the game but here's a brief article and trailer:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-e ... 0-6428135/

Holiday 2016, that's a long time to wait!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 23146
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Blackhawk » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Moving to Unreleased Games.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:08 am

Blackhawk wrote:Moving to Unreleased Games.
Is that the same place where Fallout 4 is talked about? :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:15 pm

This is as good a place as any to say "Happy N7 Day!" :)
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Max Peck wrote:This is as good a place as any to say "Happy N7 Day!" :)
For such a simple trailer it tells a lot. I wonder how it will portray the ending of the last game. Also we couldn't even invent the mass gates...so what are we using to jump galaxies. It appears were fly there. I hope they explain how :)...or why.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:49 pm

You hear Shephard addressing you during the video and you see a very large ship in the background. I suspect the plot involves sending an ark ship with various Citadel Council species in some sort of suspended animation to Andromeda as a backup plan in case the Council is not able to defeat the Reapers. Even if the Reapers win, the Council species will survive in the new galaxy.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:02 pm

---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
tgb
Posts: 30135
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by tgb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Will it have dune buggies?
"We did not elect a swamp-draining reformer; we gave our pin number to a Nigerian prince." - Bill Maher

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Daehawk wrote:
Max Peck wrote:This is as good a place as any to say "Happy N7 Day!" :)
For such a simple trailer it tells a lot. I wonder how it will portray the ending of the last game. Also we couldn't even invent the mass gates...so what are we using to jump galaxies. It appears were fly there. I hope they explain how :)...or why.
The E3 2015 trailer shows the ship as jump-capable without relying on gates.
tgb wrote:Will it have dune buggies?
Since we see a surface vehicle in the trailer, I'm going to go with maybe...
Enlarge Image
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Grifman wrote:You hear Shephard addressing you during the video and you see a very large ship in the background. I suspect the plot involves sending an ark ship with various Citadel Council species in some sort of suspended animation to Andromeda as a backup plan in case the Council is not able to defeat the Reapers. Even if the Reapers win, the Council species will survive in the new galaxy.
My theory is that with the Reapers thwarted and the surviving advanced civilizations forced to truly innovate instead of relying on found technology, someone has finally managed to surpass the ancient technological high-water mark that was being enforced by the Reaper harvest cycle. The mass relays aren't just disabled, eventually they're no longer needed.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Hyena
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:14 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Hyena » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:44 pm

After watching that trailer, how cool would it be to have open worlds to explore as opposed to a linear path to each mission? That jump-pack he uses sure looks like it could be a possibility. Think Skyrim...in space...on a couple dozen worlds...

(hey, a guy can dream, right?)
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins

User avatar
Fitzy
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Contact:

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Fitzy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Hyena wrote:After watching that trailer, how cool would it be to have open worlds to explore as opposed to a linear path to each mission? That jump-pack he uses sure looks like it could be a possibility. Think Skyrim...in space...on a couple dozen worlds...

(hey, a guy can dream, right?)
You mean ME1? :D

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 27961
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by El Guapo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm just glad that they're finally getting around to doing a remake of Star Flight 2.

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Apparently delayed until early 2017.
Speaking with investors during Morgan Stanley's Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, Jorgensen was asked to list the publisher's upcoming non-sports titles. He said Mass Effect Andromeda would launch "in our fourth quarter." EA's fiscal year ends March 31, meaning this game would launch between January and March 2017.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 36200
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Smoove_B » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:50 pm

I think this was just released at E3 today. Not really a trailer but it does show game-related shots. Nothing labeled as in-game or cut scene though.

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm going to have to call shenanigans on that video. The footage is obviously faked. Everyone knows that real game developers aren't that attractive.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:42 pm

That ship looks awesome...the Tempest. But why do we need a new home? And did they ever get the old gates working or a new drive tech? I mean if we can go to another galaxy surely ours is fine now.

And if that is a sleeper ship just how much time has passed back in our galaxy while they traveled there? Ive always wondered about that stuff since that ep of Star Trek called Space Seed. You send a ship on a slow travel to a place and say 100 - 500 years later you invent faster stuff and pass it up or catch up to it. How is all that handled would be cool.

Also that first shot of the old rocket launch....Id love to have that as a background wallpaper.

I never got the MAKO hate. I loved exploring in that thing. I loved the mining in the 2nd one also though. Im glad the MAKO is back.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 10953
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Scoop20906 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Smoove_B wrote:I think this was just released at E3 today. Not really a trailer but it does show game-related shots. Nothing labeled as in-game or cut scene though.
That looked awesome. Maybe they are going to move less galaxy spanning and more planet exploration. I think that might lead to high quality missions.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 pm

There's supposed to be a big Fallout 4 style stage show/reveal for ME4 at E3 this week.

Edit: Or apparently not. Very surprised they didn't show/tell more about the game. :shock:
Last edited by Grifman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Daehawk wrote:That ship looks awesome...the Tempest. But why do we need a new home? And did they ever get the old gates working or a new drive tech? I mean if we can go to another galaxy surely ours is fine now.
This is the backup plan, the fail safe. There is an earlier trailer where Shepard speaks about the importance of this mission. I believe that a colonizing mission is sent to Andromeda just in case the Reapers cannot be defeated. They use cryogenics to put the colonists to sleep until they reach Andromeda (hence the "We made it!" from the trailer).
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Ahh ok. Then that brings up the question of just how much time has passed back in our Galaxy and whats been going on .
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:34 am

Daehawk wrote:Ahh ok. Then that brings up the question of just how much time has passed back in our Galaxy and whats been going on .
Note, all of this is just my guess based upon what I have seen so far. I could be totally wrong :D
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:59 pm

4K Tech Demo video

<Insert Borderlands joke here.>
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:13 am

N7 Day is coming and it has a teaser trailer: Join the Andromeda Initiative.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
NickAragua
Posts: 3047
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by NickAragua » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:49 am

I gotta say this might get me to go out and buy an X-Bone. I doubt my PC could handle it. I'll probably wait for some reviews first though.

Edit: and by "go out", I mean "buy on Amazon or whatever".

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 10953
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Scoop20906 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 pm

2015?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:2015?
Yeah, the end of the video includes a link to last year's N7 Day video. :)
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:33 pm

"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 10953
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Scoop20906 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Kinda seemed like a sci-fi horror film


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:50 am

Collectors edition is $200 and comes with an RC MAKO.

LINK

Enlarge Image

Or NOMAD..whatever ya wanna call it..maybe Bob.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:11 am

---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:36 pm

A funny little thing starring Blasto the Hannar

Blasto 6 Partners and Crime
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Official Gameplay Trailer - 4K
Mass Effect: Andromeda puts you in the role of the Pathfinder; an elite soldier, explorer and guide tasked with finding humanity a new home an uncharted galaxy. From arresting visuals and thrilling combat, to epic story and characters, Mass Effect: Andromeda is truly the next generation of Action/RPG gaming.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 13789
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by coopasonic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:10 pm

*drool*
-Coop

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Max Peck wrote:Official Gameplay Trailer - 4K
Mass Effect: Andromeda puts you in the role of the Pathfinder; an elite soldier, explorer and guide tasked with finding humanity a new home an uncharted galaxy. From arresting visuals and thrilling combat, to epic story and characters, Mass Effect: Andromeda is truly the next generation of Action/RPG gaming.
It looks prettier graphics wise but it also looks like a barely changed Mass Effect with slightly better graphics really. I thought we just got there. Why are there colonies with the same species from our galaxy already set up? Did our ship get lost and others came? Kinda silly. I was hoping for a lot of new stuff.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
killbot737
Posts: 5450
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 pm
Location: Next to America Jr.

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by killbot737 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Those quick "alien" planet scenes look like they came from No Man's Sky.

<flees> :ninja:
There is no hug button. Sad!

User avatar
Max Peck
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Location: Down the Rabbit-Hole

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Max Peck » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:24 pm

Daehawk wrote:
Max Peck wrote:Official Gameplay Trailer - 4K
Mass Effect: Andromeda puts you in the role of the Pathfinder; an elite soldier, explorer and guide tasked with finding humanity a new home an uncharted galaxy. From arresting visuals and thrilling combat, to epic story and characters, Mass Effect: Andromeda is truly the next generation of Action/RPG gaming.
It looks prettier graphics wise but it also looks like a barely changed Mass Effect with slightly better graphics really. I thought we just got there. Why are there colonies with the same species from our galaxy already set up? Did our ship get lost and others came? Kinda silly. I was hoping for a lot of new stuff.
There are four ark ships in the Andromeda Initiative, as well as an advance command center. I'd guess that, since the player's ark arrives at the wrong location, people from the other arks and/or the advance base may have had time to establish themselves before you arrive on the scene.
"Bob" 1-1: In the beginning was the Slack, and the Slack was with "Bob", and the Slack was "Bob".
We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet, 'cuz the world is but a treat, when you're on easy street...

User avatar
NickAragua
Posts: 3047
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by NickAragua » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Max Peck wrote:
Daehawk wrote:
Max Peck wrote:Official Gameplay Trailer - 4K
Mass Effect: Andromeda puts you in the role of the Pathfinder; an elite soldier, explorer and guide tasked with finding humanity a new home an uncharted galaxy. From arresting visuals and thrilling combat, to epic story and characters, Mass Effect: Andromeda is truly the next generation of Action/RPG gaming.
It looks prettier graphics wise but it also looks like a barely changed Mass Effect with slightly better graphics really. I thought we just got there. Why are there colonies with the same species from our galaxy already set up? Did our ship get lost and others came? Kinda silly. I was hoping for a lot of new stuff.
There are four ark ships in the Andromeda Initiative, as well as an advance command center. I'd guess that, since the player's ark arrives at the wrong location, people from the other arks and/or the advance base may have had time to establish themselves before you arrive on the scene.
To paraphrase Joker from ME1:
"You remember to zip up your pants on the way out of the bathroom, that's good. I hit a target the size of a football field from halfway across the galaxy, that's great."

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 36619
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Daehawk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm

---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Grifman
Posts: 17191
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:53 am

First gameplay trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

Post Reply