Mass Effect: Andromeda

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Grifman »

Well, preordered from GMG and just found out I'll have to wait two more days for the EU release :( Their discount was a couple of bucks less than the best price I could find otherwise, I'll just have to wait. Never than into this before and I've bought a ton of games from them, guess I never got one with a staggered release date before.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

pr0ner wrote:Eh, considering the blatant lies and veiled racism he was spewing about Manveer earlier in the thread, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
What are you blathering about. The guy is an open and blatant asshole racist. Go read the tweets he has posted.

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/ma ... are/26431/

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/mass-ef ... d-to-know/

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/46 ... tter-rants

https://voat.co/v/gaming/1729886

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-1 ... lead-cance

http://imgur.com/gallery/vKfZ8

If you are trying to joke Proner its not coming across. Surely you are not that dumb and blind.

They didn't fire him and let him continue to work there for months. Thats why I and many wont support EA and Bioware now. You really shouldn't either. I guess though if it was some other form of racism you'd be right in there supporting a boycott of them. Right beta guys?
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Max Peck wrote:
pr0ner wrote:Eh, considering the blatant lies and veiled racism he was spewing about Manveer earlier in the thread, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
It was veiled? I missed that. ;)
You're not funny either...seems dimwitted to agree with someone not using their brain just their remark button. Maybe you should not be a follower and think for yourself in the little boys club.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Daehawk, trying to speak as a friend here, citing Gamersgate type sites (as some of these appeared to be in a quick perusal) is not going to win you any points or arguments here. You'd be better off just dropping this topic and moving on. Rightly or wrongly, you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself right now.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Daehawk wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
It was veiled? I missed that. ;)
You're not funny either...seems dimwitted to agree with someone not using their brain just their remark button. Maybe you should not be a follower and think for yourself in the little boys club.
Says the guy who implied women with short hair are lesbians. :roll:

Sorry I started this, but that comment was off putting. Maybe it is because my wife has had short hair like that the majority of the 20 years we have been together. Maybe it is because that kind of stereotyping is the same type of ignorance that, on the other side, leads to statements like "all gamers are pasty nerds who can't get girls." Personal or philosophical, I'm not going to let that kind of thing slide.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

After reading a number of the mediocre reviews today, I'm going to use my pre-order $$ to grab Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 instead. Will play this one sometime down the line, after some patches and a price drop.

(This is coming from someone who considers ME2 the pinnacle of sci-fi gaming, btw)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grifman wrote:Daehawk, trying to speak as a friend here, citing Gamersgate type sites (as some of these appeared to be in a quick perusal) is not going to win you any points or arguments here. You'd be better off just dropping this topic and moving on. Rightly or wrongly, you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself right now.
No kidding. Took a quick look at the zerohedge site....mother of god that's a cesspool of humanity.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

What am I blathering on about, Daehawk? Okay. I was going to let your original racist crap slide after reporting it and not responding to it. But you just had to go and double down today with inappropriate comments in this thread. You brought this upon yourself, Daehawk, but you're getting the hammer dropped.

I've known Manveer for over 15 years now. He's a very good friend of mine. I have never considered him a racist. Not when I first met him, and certainly not now. He's extremely outspoken, yes, but I completely understand and support his outspoken nature, given all the vile and hatred spewed his way by people like you.

Those tweets you keep citing? That's not racism. They're his way of responding to the outright and constant racism he has to endure, from people who hate him for his race, for being outspoken, for taking a stand and trying to work for diversity in gaming and other aspects of life. What he works on, what he works for, is something he's very passionate about, and it's something I support him in, 100%.

And let's set the record straight. White tears isn't cum (I mean, seriously, that's just one of many incorrect WTF comments you've made). And Bioware didn't fire him, unlike what you claimed yesterday and are suddenly backtracking on now. He stopped working there because he felt it was time to move on with his career. I really hope he succeeds. In fact, I'm sure he will. Because he has the drive and passion to make it happen.

You, on the other hand, have removed all doubt that you're terribly racist and someone I have zero respect for. And for that, you need to shut the fuck up about things you have no business commenting on.
Hodor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So he fights racism with racism..hes an ass and a racist then. Know him or not you look at his online postings and that is who he is..he likes it. You're simply ignoring it because he is a 'bud' You're blind. He should single out the ones who hate him and not lump all whites in the pool. Fuck him. And I wont support a company that employees assholes like him and neither should anyone else if they cared about race their's or anothers.

But dont mind me...Im just having fun at people who piss me off. Im such a nice guy. Laugh it off with me.. ha ..ha.

I could pretty much bet that if it was someone you didn't know and posted all kinds of stuff against blacks and called them niggers and darkies and everything everything else you would be up in arms over it. Thats very two faced.

My first post wasn't racist. That is the type hair lesbians wear. its not a simple girls short hair cut. Its a mans cut the way its done and what lesbians wear. Look at pics.

I dont know those sites. Its what I find his post on. I can find 100 others if they are better.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Waiting for my greenmangaming code to drop. Even with all the poor (I won't all it bad) press I am still excited about this game. I love exploring and they've promised hug maps to roll around on. I hoping the story is fun too but I think this game will scratch my itch. :wub: :wub:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote:bigoted ramblng.
Yeah, that should solve the problem.
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scoop20906 wrote:I love exploring and they've promised hug maps to roll around on.
This thread could use more hug maps.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

El Guapo wrote:
Daehawk wrote:bigoted ramblng.
Yeah, that should solve the problem.
Glad you helped. Heres your pat on the back..*pat* Say what ya want. [whisper] As long as you're not white I hear thats the in thing to do[/whisper]
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jesus, dude. Just...stop.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Skinypupy wrote:After reading a number of the mediocre reviews today, I'm going to use my pre-order $$ to grab Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 instead. Will play this one sometime down the line, after some patches and a price drop.

(This is coming from someone who considers ME2 the pinnacle of sci-fi gaming, btw)
Excellent choice. HZD is a classic already in my book. :wub:
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Skinypupy wrote:Jesus, dude. Just...stop.
Did I talk to you?..nope.
I was going to but i can keep going.

I posted about that guy to let you 'activist' know about it and know where your money was going. I forgot most of you are reverse activist. Fine give them the money. Im sure EA cares. Bioware has not been Bioware since EA took them over.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

hepcat wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:After reading a number of the mediocre reviews today, I'm going to use my pre-order $$ to grab Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 instead. Will play this one sometime down the line, after some patches and a price drop.

I wish it was on PC :( It looks great and what I've read of the story is pretty interesting, creative and unique.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Daehawk, just fucking stop. You've shown everyone sexism, racism, and bigotry in more than one thread the past couple of days. You've been called out by multiple people on it and told to stop.

JUST. STOP.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Grifman wrote:
hepcat wrote:

I wish it was on PC :( It looks great and what I've read of the story is pretty interesting, creative and unique.
Time to buy a console, then! :P
Hodor.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

pr0ner wrote:Those tweets you keep citing? That's not racism. They're his way of responding to the outright and constant racism he has to endure, from people who hate him for his race, for being outspoken, for taking a stand and trying to work for diversity in gaming and other aspects of life. What he works on, what he works for, is something he's very passionate about, and it's something I support him in, 100%.
The thing is none of us know him, so all we have to go on is the tweets themselves as they stand. It not racist, then they are certainly inappropriate in my opinion. One needs to be more careful in their public speech. Maybe with his friends and those that know him, his tweets aren't racist but to the public at large, I think he should be more careful with how he says things.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

pr0ner wrote:
Grifman wrote:
hepcat wrote:

Time to buy a console, then! :P
Ain't happening for the 2 or 3 games that I would play :)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Grifman wrote:
pr0ner wrote:Those tweets you keep citing? That's not racism. They're his way of responding to the outright and constant racism he has to endure, from people who hate him for his race, for being outspoken, for taking a stand and trying to work for diversity in gaming and other aspects of life. What he works on, what he works for, is something he's very passionate about, and it's something I support him in, 100%.
The thing is none of us know him, so all we have to go on is the tweets themselves as they stand. It not racist, then they are certainly inappropriate in my opinion. One needs to be more careful in their public speech. Maybe with his friends and those that know him, his tweets aren't racist but to the public at large, I think he should be more careful with how he says things.
I certainly get what you're saying, but I do know him, so....

We've derailed this thread long enough. Go buy that PS4!
Hodor.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And we're unlocked on Origin. Tally ho! :horse:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Scoop20906 wrote:Waiting for my greenmangaming code to drop. Even with all the poor (I won't all it bad) press I am still excited about this game. I love exploring and they've promised hug maps to roll around on. I hoping the story is fun too but I think this game will scratch my itch. :wub: :wub:
Keep waiting.. the UK release is Thursday and it doesn't seem like keys are coming any time soon. *sigh* I was annoyed enough to reward them by subbing to early access... only to find that is gated for story progress. I guess I can pursue the last side quest I have and do some planet scanning or something. On the plus side I get to play Mirror's Edge finally.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Daehawk wrote:Enlarge Image
How did you miss that as already posted on page 4? You were really really busy on that page!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Freyland wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Enlarge Image
How did you miss that as already posted on page 4? You were really really busy on that page!
He got distracted by lesbian love interests. I mean how can you concentrate on anything when she has that hair?
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Holy shit. I came here for Mass Effect impressions and I suddenly had R&P flashbacks (which I intentionally stay out of).

I've seen the negative press about this game, but it seems like a lot of it centers around 'not bringing anything new to the table''. I mean the last game was utterly fantastic -- if it's just more of that it's going to be great, right?
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

And concerning the guy that works for Bioware that has been making heated twitter statements:

My neighbor does the same thing. She's black. Her husband is white. They face a lot together and she fights it much the same way. She also takes her children to the local rallies that have been popping up over the past 6 months. They are some of the kindest, warmest, most helpful neighbors I've ever had. They children are in and out of our house all the time. I just filled out adoption references for them as they are trying to adopt the little girl they've been caring for ever since I met them. The last thing I would consider them as is racist. My family could learn a few things from them. I hope my kids grow up to marry people like the ones her children are growing up to be. They are some of the most helpful, polite, and genuinely warm kids I've ever met.

Anyway... just because people rant or fight back in certain ways doesn't color who a person is. Those tweets could have easily been from my neighbor word-for-word.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Very well said, MSD. :clap:

Although I also agree with Grifman that without the benefit of context (personal or otherwise), those tweets seem inappropriate and, in some cases, quite hateful.

I'm going to avoid Mass Effect Andromeda on release because it sounds like they fumbled the ball and released a mediocre follow up to a beloved franchise. I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale...which I'm guessing won't be too far out as less than stellar reviews usually equals a relatively short span of time until a sale.
Covfefe!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

msduncan wrote:Holy shit. I came here for Mass Effect impressions and I suddenly had R&P flashbacks...
I feel the need to cite the lack of emails about lesbian hair-cuts, so its really not the same thing at all.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

For what it's worth I played about an hour and a half into this the other night. Just the initial mission to the planet that you arrive at right away. Seemed fine to me so far, although I didn't try to pause (and the lack of being able to do that is going to bother me).
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Make note, if your graphics look terrible, this is the one game from this century that doesn't auto-detect and set resolution. Initially I was playing while it was still loading so I attributed the low res to that... Yeah, no I played for 4 hours last night at 1280x768.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:For what it's worth I played about an hour and a half into this the other night. Just the initial mission to the planet that you arrive at right away. Seemed fine to me so far, although I didn't try to pause (and the lack of being able to do that is going to bother me).
I think the combat is forgiving enough on normal that the lack of pause will be ok. I am not a huge fps/shooter fan by any stretch...give me civ and other tbs and i am set. So basically anything twitch like...i usually give a pass. I dont feel that with this game. Basically just make use of cover, hide when health is hurting and such. Yeah i wish they had pause back, but its not a game breaker for me.

I am not sure if anyone can answer this...so i amplaying w/ a logitech controller on the PC. And the little directional pad controls where you can station your guys for firefights and such. Has anyone gotten the hang of putting down markers, and then removing them? I thought it was 1 press down to place it, then a double click of the same button to remove it.

I do like the set up for the game quite a bit, basically youre the vanguard of an exploration force and such.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:For what it's worth I played about an hour and a half into this the other night. Just the initial mission to the planet that you arrive at right away. Seemed fine to me so far, although I didn't try to pause (and the lack of being able to do that is going to bother me).
I think the combat is forgiving enough on normal that the lack of pause will be ok. I am not a huge fps/shooter fan by any stretch...give me civ and other tbs and i am set. So basically anything twitch like...i usually give a pass. I dont feel that with this game. Basically just make use of cover, hide when health is hurting and such. Yeah i wish they had pause back, but its not a game breaker for me.

I am not sure if anyone can answer this...so i amplaying w/ a logitech controller on the PC. And the little directional pad controls where you can station your guys for firefights and such. Has anyone gotten the hang of putting down markers, and then removing them? I thought it was 1 press down to place it, then a double click of the same button to remove it.

I do like the set up for the game quite a bit, basically youre the vanguard of an exploration force and such.
I don't think that the lack of pause is going to be a dealbreaker for me, it's just annoying, and I don't see a good reason for not including it as an option.

And yeah, I like the premise as well. One thing I wasn't clear on - was this Ark mission part of the response to the Reapers (i.e. get colonists to Andromeda in case the Reapers wipe out everyone in this galaxy)? That would be cool as well (and would be interesting to see character speculating about what happened back at home).
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote:Make note, if your graphics look terrible, this is the one game from this century that doesn't auto-detect and set resolution. Initially I was playing while it was still loading so I attributed the low res to that... Yeah, no I played for 4 hours last night at 1280x768.
After playing this game on a 4K TV with HDR, I can't imagine what it would look like at 1280x768.
Hodor.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Played through the first mission last night before bed and I enjoyed it. Premise of the story is cool, gunplay is fun, looking forward to playing more tonight.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Isgrimnur wrote:Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Anyone with experience with green man gaming know when they usually drop the codes? I figured midnight, then noon, now ??? :|
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906