Brian

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Brian »

Wow.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Those guns aren't as easy to use as you might think!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Also hope they flesh out the Kett more over time.
:ninja:

:cry:
:lol:

Oh well. Nameless alien horde it is, then.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

Oh well. Nameless alien horde it is, then.
You interpreted that incredibly detailed response incorrectly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

Oh well. Namedless, compellingly sinister alien horde it is, then.
You interpreted that incredibly detailed response incorrectly.
Black Lives Matter.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

I don't quite understand what the reviews were so down on. It's not the The Witcher 3, but virtually nothing else is. Yes, there are the odd bugs and yes, you wish they were a tad more inventive/risk-taking with their portrayal of another galaxy, but... it's a still a pretty good Mass Effect game. And Coop, you deserve some sort of efficiency award to progress that fast in that little time!
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Dogstar wrote:I don't quite understand what the reviews were so down on. It's not the The Witcher 3, but virtually nothing else is. Yes, there are the odd bugs and yes, you wish they were a tad more inventive/risk-taking with their portrayal of another galaxy, but... it's a still a pretty good Mass Effect game.
Totally agree. It's like some people were just looking for an excuse to freak out about something.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I assume that this is the start of a new franchise so there will probably be improvements in the next game. I remain optimistic even though I haven't started the game yet.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So bit of a warning here....

so I crafted myself a PAW 4 and added a lovely photon seeking grenade thing as an augment to it (forget the augments name but basic hold to charge up a special round). Unfortunately this changed the whole dynamic of the gun itself. Its now solely a grenade launcher and has no laser beams. Not sure what i did wrong, but I screwed it up. Be careful when you craft something. There still might be a way to get the laser beams back, but i've not figured it out and i tried all sorts of button mashing w/ that creation. Sucks because I burned a bunch of resources to build that, so had to go back out and find 20 Vanadium...was quite a pain. However positive side...Eots is a great place for the Vanatuim (sp?).
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You need to read the details of the augs you are installing. I believe it even has different colored text in the description to call attention to it. There are certain augs that change the nature of the gun completely. There is one that make other guns shoot beams like the PAW as well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

So I am confused. I have blueprints in my inventory. I also have blueprints in my research/dev terminal. However, they are not the same. There are some in my inventory that are not in the research terminal, and other in the terminal that are not in my inventory, and there are some in both places. I have a sniper rifle blueprint in my inventory that I want to make. How can I get it into my research/dev terminal so that I can create it?

Edit: And where do I find my rewards from my strike team missions?
Last edited by Grifman on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You have blueprints in your inventory? I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. Which section do they fall under? You are sure you don't have the gun itself?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

coopasonic wrote:You have blueprints in your inventory? I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. Which section do they fall under? You are sure you don't have the gun itself?
If I go into my inventory, the categories across the top are:

Weapons
Armor
Consumables
Research
Resources

Under "Research" it has a list of blue prints. These do not match those at the Research/Development terminal.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is the sniper rifle generally viable in combat? I'd like to mainly use that, and I'm planning on focusing my crafting in that direction, but my main pause on that is just that it seems like most of the combats so far have been close combat, where that would I would think be less useful.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grifman wrote:So I am confused. I have blueprints in my inventory. I also have blueprints in my research/dev terminal. However, they are not the same. There are some in my inventory that are not in the research terminal, and other in the terminal that are not in my inventory, and there are some in both places. I have a sniper rifle blueprint in my inventory that I want to make. How can I get it into my research/dev terminal so that I can create it?

Edit: And where do I find my rewards from my strike team missions?
The strike team interface. There are three screens in the strike team terminal - 1 missions 2. loot section 3. forgot last one. If you are using a PC controller its the LB/RB to access it.

-Also had not a clue that there are differing blueprints. Are the blueprints in the development terminal can you make em?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

coopasonic wrote:You need to read the details of the augs you are installing. I believe it even has different colored text in the description to call attention to it. There are certain augs that change the nature of the gun completely. There is one that make other guns shoot beams like the PAW as well.
Yeah that's my bad. I mistakenly thought "in addition to laser beams, you now can hold down the trigger and launch photon grenades". It was either/or with that augmentation not in addition. Just wanted to warn folks so they dont go through the hassle i did to make something.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

El Guapo wrote:Is the sniper rifle generally viable in combat? I'd like to mainly use that, and I'm planning on focusing my crafting in that direction, but my main pause on that is just that it seems like most of the combats so far have been close combat, where that would I would think be less useful.
I've seen a number of planets that seem pretty wide open, plenty of opportunities for sniping. I usually also carried a Hornet SMG for backup, and that can really tear up enemies with it's high rate of fire if they get close. Don't rely upon a single weapon.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:Is the sniper rifle generally viable in combat? I'd like to mainly use that, and I'm planning on focusing my crafting in that direction, but my main pause on that is just that it seems like most of the combats so far have been close combat, where that would I would think be less useful.
For me, not yet, but i've mainly focused on assault weapons. Gonna try a shotgun/assault weapon combo next. When i tried using the sniper, it was effective, but i am such a crappy sniper that i decided to go another route. Might have to pick it up again to give it a whirl.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Newcastle wrote:-Also had not a clue that there are differing blueprints. Are the blueprints in the development terminal can you make em?
That's what the development terminal is all about - building the things that you can from blueprints that you have found or researched.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Grifman wrote:
coopasonic wrote:You have blueprints in your inventory? I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. Which section do they fall under? You are sure you don't have the gun itself?
If I go into my inventory, the categories across the top are:

Weapons
Armor
Consumables
Research
Resources

Under "Research" it has a list of blue prints. These do not match those at the Research/Development terminal.
Huh. You'd think I would notice that. I guess I never really looked at that inventory view. I only see it from a shop or loadout perspective. Now I want to go home and look at it.
Newcastle wrote:
For me, not yet, but i've mainly focused on assault weapons. Gonna try a shotgun/assault weapon combo next. When i tried using the sniper, it was effective, but i am such a crappy sniper that i decided to go another route. Might have to pick it up again to give it a whirl.
In open spaces I might start with my sniper rifle, but 95% of the time I am using my assault rifle. Sometimes when things get close I will switch to my shotgun, but generally I just keep using the assault rifle because if I switch weapons there's a 50% chance I switch to the sniper rifle rather than the shotgun. I would much rather have number keys to select my weapons. There are probably shortcuts for that, but I never looked... I also never use consumables because I don't know how. :oops:

Have I mentioned this is after 50 levels?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Grifman wrote:Don't rely upon a single weapon.
Unless it's the PAW, you can rely on the PAW.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Consumables you have to hold down the weapon wheel button (its like select/back button i think). Then select the consumable you want. I've only used the consumables a few times. I really should use em more.

And lvl 50 COOP!!! Feel like I am slacking here at lvl 20. I think we are diametrically opposites. You probably kill stuff, clear quest and go. I tend to clear out each and every nook and cranny of the areas that I visit to try to find hidden stuff.
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote:Consumables you have to hold down the weapon wheel button (its like select/back button i think). Then select the consumable you want. I've only used the consumables a few times. I really should use em more.
Oh, clicking the scroll wheel without changing weapons is beyond my aging dexterity. That's why I don't use consumables.
Newcastle wrote:And lvl 50 COOP!!! Feel like I am slacking here at lvl 20. I think we are diametrically opposites. You probably kill stuff, clear quest and go. I tend to clear out each and every nook and cranny of the areas that I visit to try to find hidden stuff.
In the beginning I explored more, but I determined there really wasn't anything interesting to find. I got the cryo upgrade that puts the good loot boxes on the map. I don't even go out of my way for those anymore. I have tier 6 everything, more money than I need and nothing is worth crafting. I don't need more loot.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grifman wrote:
I've seen a number of planets that seem pretty wide open, plenty of opportunities for sniping. I usually also carried a Hornet SMG for backup, and that can really tear up enemies with it's high rate of fire if they get close. Don't rely upon a single weapon.
I'm a biotic. If I carry a sniper rifle and a shotgun (say), would that be too much such that my biotic recharge would be badly impaired?
Black Lives Matter.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:
I'm a biotic. If I carry a sniper rifle and a shotgun (say), would that be too much such that my biotic recharge would be badly impaired?
You should be able to see the impact of your weight. I can't really answer your question because there are mods that decrease weapon weight and skills that allow you to carry more. So it depends upon your weapons and your character.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman wrote:So I am confused. I have blueprints in my inventory. I also have blueprints in my research/dev terminal. However, they are not the same. There are some in my inventory that are not in the research terminal, and other in the terminal that are not in my inventory, and there are some in both places. I have a sniper rifle blueprint in my inventory that I want to make. How can I get it into my research/dev terminal so that I can create it?
Ok, I figured it out. All blueprints show up in your inventory. But only the blueprints that you have the materials to craft show up in the development terminal/screen. If you lack a material, it won't show up there. Seems poorly thought out IMO. All blueprints should should show up, and if you can't build them, the lacking materials should just be highlighted in red or something.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:
In theory yes i'd say. You might be slightly overweight, however if you invest some skill points 10 or so (combat discipline one of the passives i think, or the gun perk itself), you can probably get a weight reduction perk of some sort so you can fall to the 100% mark. Also as Grif pointed out there are mods you can insert that drop the gun weight, also you can craft a gun and possibly add an augment that drops weight (unsure on the last point, i think i've seen a weight reduction augment, but wont swear by it; so take it with a grain of salt).

So there are ways you can make weight so to speak. I'd try it, i'd suspect initially you would be overweight but once you add a mods and a perk or two should be good to go.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Oh, what's everyones Nexus level? I am sitting at 6 right now. I think i've opened up 5 cryo pods/perks i think. If anyone has a high number, how did you get it? Yeah obviously hit up the quests, but wondering if folks remember certain quests on certain planets that were lucrative in this departmnet. Will take an answer in spoilers.
Bayraktar!!!!

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Grifman wrote:
Ok, I figured it out. All blueprints show up in your inventory. But only the blueprints that you have the materials to craft show up in the development terminal/screen. If you lack a material, it won't show up there. Seems poorly thought out IMO. All blueprints should should show up, and if you can't build them, the lacking materials should just be highlighted in red or something.
They do all show up, unless you are only looking at the "Ready to develop" category... ;)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Max Peck wrote:
Grifman wrote:
They do all show up, unless you are only looking at the "Ready to develop" category... ;)
Yes, just realized that.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote:Oh, what's everyones Nexus level? I am sitting at 6 right now. I think i've opened up 5 cryo pods/perks i think. If anyone has a high number, how did you get it? Yeah obviously hit up the quests, but wondering if folks remember certain quests on certain planets that were lucrative in this departmnet. Will take an answer in spoilers.
Ummm... 20. :D

Do all the things. Every quest on every planet, the big ones being unlocking and completing the vaults. Wipe out every location you see on the map for a little bit here and there.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:
In theory yes i'd say. You might be slightly overweight, however if you invest some skill points 10 or so (combat discipline one of the passives i think, or the gun perk itself), you can probably get a weight reduction perk of some sort so you can fall to the 100% mark. Also as Grif pointed out there are mods you can insert that drop the gun weight, also you can craft a gun and possibly add an augment that drops weight (unsure on the last point, i think i've seen a weight reduction augment, but wont swear by it; so take it with a grain of salt).

So there are ways you can make weight so to speak. I'd try it, i'd suspect initially you would be overweight but once you add a mods and a perk or two should be good to go.
I carry an assault rifle, sniper rifle and shotgun and am under weight, but I have weight reduction mods in every gun and I'm combat focused with multiple gun weight reduction skills. Your problem will be that the sniper rifle is the heaviest of all, but with only two guns you should be able to pull it off.

In the Tech tree the Auxiliary Systems skill has a 40% weight limit increase as a choice for the fourth level. Downside is the other 6 points are wasted unless you are using tech for something else.
In the Sniper rifle skill in the Combat tree there is a 25% weight reduction option.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Grifman wrote:

Black Lives Matter.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Your problem will be that the sniper rifle is the heaviest of all, but with only two guns you should be able to pull it off.
I did exactly that. I added mods and skills and carry a PAW assault rifle and a sniper rifle. I used a team with a tank and a biotic and with my sniper rifle I can one shot all but the stoutest of enemies. If something closes on me I have my own biotics to handle it plus the melee weapon as a last resort. There's probably a better set up but then I like plunking bad guys in the noggin from a far.

I can say that if you like any of the Mass Effect games, this one scratches that same itch. I really dont get some of the negative reviews. Aside from the occasional graphics hiccups, I havent had a single issue with the game. And I am having more fun than Ive had playing a PC game in quite some time. I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea but its a damn good game overall and while reviewers love to point out the occasional bizarre facial graphics they seem to ignore that fact that the game is at times frikkin beautiful. My personal opinion? For me this is a solid 9 game.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Can you remove weapon mods before scrapping/deconstructing a weapon? Or are they lost? And can you swap out different weapon mods? Same question regarding weapon augments. Thanks.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Ugh, just got the Nomad and you have to steer/control it with WASD. Totally sucks for me, I just have a terrible problem with games use this control scheme. Why can't I just point the mouse and the damn thing go in that direction? Is it really that hard to program? I control my character that way, why not the Nomad. I'm having trouble getting it out of the first settlement site, that's how pathetic I am :(

Feel like I'm back in driving school . . .
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I use my game pad for driving and mouse and keyboard for shooting
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Heh, found a great "get out of trouble" gun early on. Picked up a Scorpion which fires those explosive stickly bombs, basically a grenade pistol. Used it to take out those big shielded guys around the mononliths when they got too close. Great emergency weapon early on while you're still sort of weak.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Yep its a controller for the Nomad or you're going to have a tough time driving. I tried driving with keyboard and mouse and switched pretty quickly.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

That surprises me - I haven't had a problem driving with mouse and keyboard.