Victor Vran - Diablo / Torchlight like

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Victor Vran - Diablo / Torchlight like

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KlZkAZILZc

Looks really nice and detailed. May grab this one since its cheap. I like the look and play from Biscuits video.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Re: Victor Vran - Diablo / Torchlight like

Post by Smoove_B »

Don't feel bad -- no one responded to his thread either. :wink:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Smoove your turn then. Make your thread stand out. We'll just keep going till it sticks. :)
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The control scheme is totally whack. Moving on.....
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Another steam return? :D
He won. Period.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

hepcat wrote:Another steam return? :D
Nope, I bought it before the refund policy and I've had it since the initial early access. More like no more Early Access, it simply makes no sense given the refund policy.
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Lorini wrote:The control scheme is totally whack. Moving on.....
How is it totally whack? They give you three choices:

1) Controller
2) Mouse and keyboard
3) Keyboard, WASD

Not sure what else they could do.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Lee

Post by Lee »

Grifman wrote:

1) Controller
2) Mouse and keyboard
3) Keyboard, WASD

That is pretty cool. Since I don't have a controller (waiting for the Steam one) and have I seen a few comments that the controller is the best way to play, I am holding off of this game. I never played Diablo 3 on a console, but it seems people who have found a controller far superior to K/M. Which sounds very odd to me.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Grifman wrote:

1) Controller
2) Mouse and keyboard
3) Keyboard, WASD

They could make the map not try to match the way you are going like nearly any other game map? They could not have you have to attack to the mouse like no other game does? That's what I mean. Yes they give you those choices no question. But at least M&K drove me nuts.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Anyone want to do a 4 pack? If so it would be $13.50 a person. I will take the first 3 people to PM me with their steam name. I will then give you my paypal info. Please make sure I'm not charged with any fees.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

The game is fun, but in my short time playing, I'm wondering how the game will be. It seems a bit shallow, it doesn't appear to have more skills than the default skills for each weapon. The cards adds some variety but other than that, it seems pretty static. I'm just an hour in, but I haven't seen anything suggesting any type of progression other than accessing cards.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got it today while its $5 on Steam. Having fun with it. Ive tried kb and mouse and also the mouse only movement. They work well. Think Ill switch to controller though. Should be easier still.

Something way cool is I just finished Witcher 3. Geralt is one of my favorite game characters ever. And the same guy that voices Geralt also voices the main character here, Victor Vran. Its way cool to hear Geralts voice again as I play. Its sorta like Im Geralt in an overhead view Witcher game lol.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Man, I'm having a blast with this. I'm bored of Diablo 3 and none of the usual contenders were doing it for me because their combat feels so crappy in comparison (e.g. Path of Exile, Van Helsing, Grim Dawn). With its focus on movement this is really less a traditional RPG and more a top-down action game with shades of twin stick, but still very much an RPG. I also personally love getting away from skill trees/maps... the amount of choice in PoE for example is crippling. I don't mind learning new systems, but it can be a barrier to entry when you just want to play a new game.

Didn't know it was the same voice actor as Geralt... I actually thought his acting/writing was the one slightly weak link so far in a typical story that's somehow presented in a way that I find engaging.

It's also silly in the right way. The secret with the infection dancing skeletons doing the Gangnam Style dance? :lol: But that's somewhat of a tradition in ARPGs.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cant recall how far I got. Knowing me lately I gave up but will get back to it sometime.

Seeing my original post is a little sad now. 2015 and its a video from TotalBiscuit who just passed away :( RIP.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm sad to say I lied. This one quickly began to bore me as if a switch had been thrown. It's too bad, as I actually wanted to see where the story went. Maybe I should give it another try.

I'm actually trying and enjoying Grim Dawn again as I wait for Diablo 3 season 14 to launch next week.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sudy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 am I'm sad to say I lied. This one quickly began to bore me as if a switch had been thrown. It's too bad, as I actually wanted to see where the story went. Maybe I should give it another try.

I'm actually trying and enjoying Grim Dawn again as I wait for Diablo 3 season 14 to launch next week.
Has Blizz done anything to make S14 other than more of the same old stuff? I noticed there is a banner. But I doubt that is enough to bring me back.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Not really. They're introducing season "themes" which I take it is like Path of Exile, but in the forthcoming "Season of Greed", all this means is that goblin spawns are doubled. Fun yet inconsequential.

I can't usually play back-to-back seasons. But I come back once or twice a year.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Playing a bit of this, and it's getting a bit... tiresome. I think it's due to the way enemies are built. If you quit and come back, the map is repopulated. And some of the enemies had to be killed multiple times.

The way the levels are "graded" is also very tiresome, in that you often get one of those coveted stars for "not taking any damage and kill X enemies". Well, let's just say it's next to impossible.

And some of the stars can ONLY be obtained by playing on NORMAL mode, not easy, because you can get "hexes" which are like additional difficulty factors you can pile on yourself, but if you win the level anyway, you get a bonus. Last time I saw this mechanic was on the Halo isometric shooters. And the only way to get one of the stars was to play with a hex on, and there are no hexes in easy mode.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds