Mafia 3 officially released, go at it!!!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Mafia 3 officially announced!!

Post by Defiant »

The only glitch I've seen like those is in one indoor cutscene, where the hero's jacket was waving back and forth a lot while everything else was normal. Not nearly as amusing as those glitches.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

JCC wrote:Probably the best I have heard in any of the drive a car through the city games.
The other two Mafia games had the same sort of large music library.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I ran into the car not starting once, but I thought I tried to start it before the guy I was driving got into the car.
I saw a bunch of graphics glitches and some some silly ragdoll stuff.
The only thing that annoyed me is some of the collision stuff where you would cross railroads tracks or something similarly minor and your car would fly in the air and explode. I started using my xbox controller when running from the cops for better vehicle control.

The game really needed a mandatory and difficult race mission.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Defiant wrote:
JCC wrote:Probably the best I have heard in any of the drive a car through the city games.
I am loving GTA V because of the radio stations.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote:
Defiant wrote:
I am loving GTA V because of the radio stations.
The difference between this game and GTA V is that in the latter game there was a number of stations I never listened to because of the genre of music. I'm loving pretty much all the music in Mafia III :D

One annoying thing... I've completed the first Racket arc but was still offered a pot pickup "steal the boat" mission. I went to the place and not only was there no boat, but no bad guys either. And since then the location changed a couple of times but still with the same result, no boat or bad guys. I figure that maybe that optional mission was supposed to be removed from the objectives screen. Still, I got to listen to the radio some more :D

Also, I seen in a number of Steam and other reviews that the missions become repetitive. Well, thinking of the Far Cry series, the Assassin's Creed series, and Watch Dogs, yeah, all of them have repetitive mission types. It's part of the genre, so it's just something you expect.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Nothing like taking a leisurely ride in a boat down the bayou on a full moon night on your way to rob some racist rednecks while listening to The Band sing The Weight.
Last edited by $iljanus on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: One annoying thing... I've completed the first Racket arc but was still offered a pot pickup "steal the boat" mission. I went to the place and not only was there no boat, but no bad guys either. And since then the location changed a couple of times but still with the same result, no boat or bad guys. I figure that maybe that optional mission was supposed to be removed from the objectives screen. Still, I got to listen to the radio some more :D
Those missions are still there and completable for me after finishing the story, so it sounds like a bug, but not the one you think.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

jztemple2 wrote: Also, I seen in a number of Steam and other reviews that the missions become repetitive. Well, thinking of the Far Cry series, the Assassin's Creed series, and Watch Dogs, yeah, all of them have repetitive mission types. It's part of the genre, so it's just something you expect.
Mafia 2 didn't have repetitive missions (except for one of the DLCs, I think?). Don't think Mafia 1 did either, but it's been too long.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks for the info!!

This game has some great stuff going on, even in the casual conversations going on between NPCs. I heard one say to the other, "I just hope that I don't get down there and find out that the show has been cancelled because Morrison can't keep his prick in his pants", obviously a reference to Jim Morrison of the Doors.

It's funny how the music I grew up with is still so iconic even all these years later. A recent 2017 Toyota Corolla TV commercial uses "You Don't Own Me", a song first released by Leslie Gore back in 1963.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Defiant wrote:
jztemple2 wrote: Also, I seen in a number of Steam and other reviews that the missions become repetitive. Well, thinking of the Far Cry series, the Assassin's Creed series, and Watch Dogs, yeah, all of them have repetitive mission types. It's part of the genre, so it's just something you expect.
Mafia 2 didn't have repetitive missions (except for one of the DLCs, I think?). Don't think Mafia 1 did either, but it's been too long.
That's why I didn't list Mafia II, because I wasn't quite sure, although I believe the original Mafia and Mafia II used scripted missions. I think Mafia III was aimed at expanding the series from a series of linked missions to a more GTA/Far Cry/Assassin's Creed type of open world. I like this type because while the mission style might be the same, the different location for each makes it unique.

It's one of those things about getting older, you tend to shift focus on what interests you. I used to love racing games, but now I get bored of them quickly. Same for puzzle games and platformers. However, I've really grown to enjoy open world games for the immersion experience. I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs 2 :dance:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

jztemple2 wrote:Thanks for the info!!

This game has some great stuff going on, even in the casual conversations going on between NPCs. I heard one say to the other, "I just hope that I don't get down there and find out that the show has been cancelled because Morrison can't keep his prick in his pants", obviously a reference to Jim Morrison of the Doors.
That was hysterical. I liked listening to the true motivations behind banning marijuana which started playing on my first reefer truck run.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
naednek

Post by naednek »

So it seems this game is getting bad reviews from the press, but gamers like it. Is the press again wrong? Or is it fun at first but starts showing the ugliness later on?
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

naednek wrote:So it seems this game is getting bad reviews from the press, but gamers like it. Is the press again wrong? Or is it fun at first but starts showing the ugliness later on?
The press is picky, just like most people around here.

There are some visual glitches, some collision glitches, some crash bugs and some other strangeness. I had 3 or 4 CTDs in 28 hours of play. I really enjoyed the game. I haven't read any reviews because I was busy playing the game so I can't speak to their criticism. It is repetitive. Outside o the story missions you are pretty much doing the same thing over and over, isolating a target to convert/interrogate or killing a target or interacting with resources.

Cause financial disruption to a racket to draw out the boss of the racket. Kill/convert the boss. Once both rackets in a district are down, story mission to kill the lieutenant. Repeat for the next tier with higher targets for financial disruption. Keep going until there aren't any districts left. Complete end game story missions. On the plus side you don't have to climb any towers to unlock the map!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

naednek wrote:So it seems this game is getting bad reviews from the press, but gamers like it. Is the press again wrong? Or is it fun at first but starts showing the ugliness later on?
I have about 14 hours on it now, I liked it right off the bat and frankly it's gotten even better as I played. New perks have unlocked which makes it easier to concentrate on the primary tasks. Also, the police were rather slack in pursuing you in the black neighborhoods in New Bordeaux, but try that stuff in white neighborhoods and you end up in epic chases and manhunts :D. Also the mission types have increased in the past couple of hours with things like taking out enroute trucks.

And nothing beats the first time you feed a redneck to an alligator :ninja:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I forgot one point. The story is very good.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

So, no crashes since my last report, but now sammy's bar is no longer on my map. That's odd since I still need to manually put money in the safe.

I am enjoying the game less now that it has opened up some. (Still enjoying it.). I greatly preferred the heavily narrative driven opening and wish the game would maintain that throughout.

I could rant long form on this topic, but to summarize, while I enjoy open world games generally I prefer more level oriented games. I feel with open world we don't get the same level of meticulous design we often get in level oriented games. (I.e. I GREATLY prefer Batman Arkham Asylum to every other game in the series.)

Anyway, veering off the point a bit. The map thing is the only new glitch I have seen so far on day two with this.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So I've reached a point where I've collected all the money for a racket that's shows up on my Objective menu, in other words there's no "damage" left to inflict. But there are still a bunch of missions left for that racket. I guess I can collect some money at each mission, right? Also I guess that increases the loyalty factor which gets me more money from that racket once I turn it over to an underboss, also correct? I feel like I should get the most out of the game by completing all the missions offered to me :?

Speaking of missions, I'm playing on Easy and still getting my ass kicked at the "Rob the Cop Bar" mission. Anyone complete that? Is it really that hard, or am I just not approaching it right?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote:So I've reached a point where I've collected all the money for a racket that's shows up on my Objective menu, in other words there's no "damage" left to inflict. But there are still a bunch of missions left for that racket. I guess I can collect some money at each mission, right? Also I guess that increases the loyalty factor which gets me more money from that racket once I turn it over to an underboss, also correct? I feel like I should get the most out of the game by completing all the missions offered to me :?

Speaking of missions, I'm playing on Easy and still getting my ass kicked at the "Rob the Cop Bar" mission. Anyone complete that? Is it really that hard, or am I just not approaching it right?
The main thing you (might) want to make sure you do is take out enforcers (skulls) even if you have already satisfied the money to trigger the racket takeover mission. Any enforcer you leave alive will appear on the takeover mission. Realistically they aren't any harder to stealth kill than the rest of them, but that's the idea.

All missions are easy when you sneak. I don't remember "Rob the Cop Bar" specifically so I have no idea if I did it or not, but there were only two missions in the whole game where I died more than once on normal/medium difficulty, one was the carnival and... the other comes later and I don't want to spoil it, but I had the wrong weapons and that mission caused me to switch to carrying an assault rifle permanently.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm at 22 hours into the game and have reached the point where I have just captured a racket (guns) and was given the choice to assign it to one of the three underbosses, instead of it being predetermined to a designated one. That's actually a pretty cool mechanic, being able to pick one of them which gives a different perk and unlocks a different weapon.

I need to clarify one point I made earlier. I compared this game to Far Cry 3/4, but in those games the campaign missions were usually heavily scripted, whereas the missions in Mafia III, at least the ones I've reached so far, are not, or at least minimally so. The missions in Mafia III feel more like the missions in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, which I was just playing. It's not that one way is better than another, it's really more of a different approach.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You will run into more unique, scripted missions for the Lieutenant and Capo kills. The rest of it is almost 100% generic with just one objective and a unremarkable location.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ah, I did indeed just have my first really scripted mission. Not too bad, but not that intricate. Still, a nice change of pace.

I really don't like that the "boss" battles for taking over a racket take place in a location that I already attacked or infiltrated for an earlier mission. I can enjoy the missions, somewhat lackluster as they might be, if it was in a new location each time, but going back to the same location is a bummer.

At 25 hours in I've just had to assign a district to one of my three lieutenants. Like I noted above, this is an interesting game mechanic and while I doubt I'll be replaying the game, it would make for a somewhat different approach.

There's a new review posted on Rock Paper Shotgun of the game. He pretty much doesn't like it, but I think it's not a very objective review. For instance....
And my, what a welcome return for the Playboy licensed pictures of bare ladies to collect as you go. Yes indeed, you too could be the proud owner of a (completely broken) gallery of scans of ladies with their boobies out (as well as, hilariously, some articles from Playboy too – yes indeed, I imagine they only included the magazine in the game for the articles). No, the images themselves aren’t offensive. Some of them are very lovely vintage photographs. But the bizarre desire to have included them at all, this bold statement that this is a game for the boys, seems superfluous and thoughtless.
First of all, I don't understand the "completely broken" pejorative comment. I've not had any problem with the gallery and the review doesn't say how it's broken. Also the fact that they are included at all "seems superfluous and thoughtless" according to the reviewer. That's not reviewing whether the game systems work and how well, that's spending a paragraph lambasting a completely optional feature of the game.

Here's another one...
Side missions are terrible bores, driving trucks long distances across nothing territory, or whizzing a clumsy boat around in the water to pick up some crates, for instance. Busywork, not entertainment.
I've yet in the 25 hours I've played ever driven a truck, or any vehicle for that matter, over "nothing" territory. The environment is quite rich, and if there is less stuff to see in the bayou, well, it's a damn bayou. And it's not a "clumsy" boat, it's a boat that doesn't behave like it's an arcade game, you need to actually steer it. Again, the whole tone is prejudicial and far from objective. And worst of all, it's whiny.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. And, by the way, I'm getting the Playboys just for the articles :mrgreen:
Rip

Post by Rip »

I'm having fun.

A quick tip.

Don't underestimate the value of wire taps.

I've made it a point of spending a little time just collecting components and tapping areas before I do missions in them. Helps a lot knowing where everyone is. I've made it through many areas just finding a closed off area like a bathroom after someone eventually spots me sneaking about and slashing throats and taking out each guy that comes looking for me one by one. With the taps you can know they are coming and what floor they are on.

Oh and I wouldn't recommend trying to tap a box when a cop is standing right next to you. :oops:
Brian

Post by Brian »

Angry Joe really, really wanted to like it but due mostly to the repetitive nature of the campaign coupled with some pretty poor graphics at times, he ended up rating lower than what he had hoped it would be with a 6/10 score.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Brian wrote:Angry Joe really, really wanted to like it but due mostly to the repetitive nature of the campaign coupled with some pretty poor graphics at times, he ended up rating lower than what he had hoped it would be with a 6/10 score.
I would somewhat agree with those conclusions. The occasional poor graphics don't really effect gameplay, so that would be more of how much it would bother your sense of immersion. In 26 hours there was only one time when it really got in my way, when there was this significant "whiteout" situation, it made to very hard to even see anything. Thankfully it only lasted for the one scene:

Otherwise it was the massive sun glare that would occur near sunrise and sunset. That was something that would end in less than a minute so if I needed to I could kill a little time and then proceed.

And yup, the campaign is repetitive. It doesn't bother me that much because I add some variety to each mission; I used different guns, I change my tactics between stealth and going in loud, and sometimes I see how much of the facility I can explore before triggering the endgame. But the missions are uninspiring and that they reuse locations more than once for boss fights was a bad design decision IMHO.

There is a lot to be said for the game, but a lot of it has to do with this being almost perfectly the kind of open world game I love. It hits all the right high points. It has guns, not magic spells. It also has lots of driving which I find fun in a game. There is a great story and some good game mechanics. The music is awesome. And, in spite of my 140 hours on Fallout 4, I like that there isn't a big inventory system or the need to do scavenger hunts to get parts to build things.

I guess I'd give it 7/10, it's one of those games that you enjoy in spite of the faults, but unless the game type and features are your cup of tea (or bourbon), you might want to wait for a sale. However, I'd would say that you should eventually get it, it's really a very good approach to an open world game and worth looking at.
jztemple2

Re: Mafia 3 officially released, go at it!!!

Post by jztemple2 »

New update:
[UPDATE 10/14] PC Hotfix is Live
UPDATE 10/14: We just rolled out a hotfix on PC that addresses blurry rendering for some players, and other stability improvements.We’re still working on more fixes for Mafia III and will share more details in the coming week. Thanks for the feedback!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm 35 hours into the game right now. I've still got two rackets to take over and then it's on to the end game missions, although I could skip the rackets I guess. Anyway, I was playing with the intent of completing every mission in each racket, even once I'd gotten enough money to go on to the final mission that seizes the racket for me. However, by the time I hit 30 hours, I realized that I really didn't care that much, that many of the missions were starting to feel too much the same, so for the past few hours I've only completed enough racket missions to get the needed money. Even then, I'm still getting miffed at the game. For instance, I played this pretty good mission stalking through an elaborate downtown bathhouse, finally getting to the top floor office to grab and interrogate some guy. The next mission was the one where I seize the racket from the existing boss, and damn if it wasn't in the same bathhouse and you had to reach the same office :grund:.

So I'm trying to regain enough interest to put in a few more hours to complete the game, but it's losing its appeal. Honestly, if I was going to vote for a GOTY for the games released so far this year, I'd vote for Homefront: Revolution over this or Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And so now I'm actually getting excited about the release of Farming Simulator 17 next week :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well, I got up the interest to complete the game and I'm glad I did. Forty-three hours to complete the story missions and all the non-optional racket missions, plus a few of the optional ones. I'll be posting a write-up of impressions but first I wanted to post this information about the end game. There are no spoilers, rather I wanted to warn those who might be playing that it's really, really important to sit through the first set of end credits. When they start, you'll sit through two to three missions minutes of scrolling credits, then a cutscene is going to run that will blow you away, at least it did me. So fair warning; there is apparently no way to escape out of the credits, so don't wander off and take a nap or something, you'll really want to see that cutscene.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, so here are some impressions after completing the game, in no particular order. I played a total of 44 hours to complete the game, although I can continue playing the optional missions if I wish.

I've been recently playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate and this game has similarities, in the way the story missions unlock the racket missions and vice versa. The racket missions, where you go kill someone or steal something or blow up someone's resources or just kill everyone on the site (which a lot of the time you end up doing anyway) aren't really scripted, but the locations are interesting enough that for quite a while you don't mind that they tend to be like the ones in ACS, where the type of mission repeats but since the locations differ it's OK, at least till later on and you get tired of them. Happily it is possible to not complete all the racket missions to be able to unlock the final mission that allows you to take over the racket and assign it to one of your underbosses.

The story missions are pretty good, scripted with good locations and some thought put into them. The last sequence of story missions, the end game of the game, are really quite good. They aren't as intricate as in some games, but are challenging enough to make them worth playing.

The graphics issues have been mentioned above in this thread. There's nothing that stops you from playing, they are just annoying but there aren't that many of them, at least not on my playthrough on a PC. I'm a long time gamer so some graphics that are off isn't a deal breaker for me.

Speaking of graphics, the character animations, especially the faces, in the cutscenes are incredible. Remember how everyone was so excited about the animation in LA Noire? This is much better. It really does just add immensely to the level of immersion when playing the game.

And switching to the story, the story is a ten out of ten. Really excellent writing, great characters, a plot you can actually follow and a marvelous build-up to the finale. And then, after what seemed like a finale, the game then throws you a curve ball or two, you have to make a couple of decisions and the ending is different for each. I played through two of the endings and was really blown away by one of them, and very satisfied with the other. I didn't get to the third, but maybe in another post we can talk about it in spoiler tags.

The fictional events of this game took place when I was 15 years old, so I remember what was going on and what things were like, the cars, the music, even the clothing and the stores. And the radio stations are great, not just the music, but the commercials too. And the commentary by "Native Sun" and the Voice of the Hollow add to the immersion. Fantastic work. I think this is one of the shames of the poor ratings, this is one of the best open world environments in a game that I've seen. There are so many details that they got right.

The cutscenes are for the most part short and to the point. They aren't gratuitous either, they really add to the story. I played Watch Dogs last year and while I liked the gameplay, the story and the characters were for the most part forgettable. Mafia III is about the complete opposite of that.

The collectables... well, that's a bit of a mixed bag. There are Playboy magazines (most are just a cover plus a nudie pic or two, but there are some with great articles from that period, like the interview with Timothy Leary). There are Vargas paintings and album covers, both of which are pretty cool. You can also collect Hot Rod magazines, which are just a cover and maybe a page or two. And then there are forgettable Communist posters and Repent magazine covers. And as near as I can tell, collecting them has zero effect on the gameplay. So it's more for the thrill of looking at fifty year old nudies :wink:

You can find the collectables by driving/walking around and getting lucky, or doing what would later be called hacking of junction boxes throughout the city. Doing this puts the location of nearby collectable on the map. And also it shows gameplay items like med kits and body armor, so if you are short you can go over to that location and get something. Annoying, I found one junction box that was unreachable; I think I was supposed to be able to access it during a mission, but after the mission was over I apparently lost access. Also there was a Playboy that I couldn't figure out how to reach and a Vargas that was only accessible during a big finale mission, I failed to grab it and I couldn't go back for it. Damn.

Let's see, I think that's all I can think of right now. Oh, a couple of minor but very good things. One, the AM radio fades out in tunnels and under overpasses, just like you would expect. That's an incredibly small detail that they got just right. And the driving modes. You can drive in Normal (IE, sort of arcade-like) mode, or switch to Simulation. Simulation is awesome, the cars drive like you would expect, big heavy cars drive like big heavy cars, sports cars drive like sports cars. Well worth the extra effect. Turn this mode on right away, you'll thank me later :D

OK, I think that's it. By the way, I did play on Easy difficulty, because I've gotten too old to enjoy playing a mission over and over just for the challenge. Even in Easy I died occasionally, but it was a good compromise and not as Easy as the Easy name might suggest. And of course I did it because New Bordeaux is really New Orleans which is, of course, The Big Easy.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'm not quite as far as you, but I've got about 30 hours in now. Some of the missions are repetitive but it hasn't bothered me thus far. I agree with pretty much everything you said. I really, really am enjoying the story and the voice acting and animation is top notch.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write out the full review!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

gbasden wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to write out the full review!
You're welcome :D. I'm happy when I can give back to the community.
Rip

Post by Rip »

As someone that lives in Louisiana I applaud the voice acting. It isn't perfect but it shocked me the first time I had an NPC call me coullion. Never expected to be called that in a computer game. :D
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

This is the first game I've run into that I really wanted to play on PC that I can't run. :(

Currently debating whether to upgrade my video card or just stick with console gaming until next year when I can do a new PC build.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Well, talk on this game fizzled quickly!

I am still slogging through it. I have put in many hours and still don't have a feel for how close to the end I am. I am only doing "story missions" but that mainly feels like doing the same stuff over and over again. The truth is the story missions themselves have tons of side quest requirements which are just the same things over and over and over and over.....

When you finally get to one of the end quests for these story quests, they are usually much better and more fun even if they don't alter the gameplay much.

Ultimately, I like the game more than not, but really regret paying fulll price. While I haven't had anymore crashes since the first day I started it, it's still a very glitchy game. I just don't understand why there are so many graphic hitches since it doesn't look all that great. It just feels like yet another "AAA" game realeased months before completed.

All that said, I do like it... at least most days. Some days go better than others. Just need this to tide me over long enough for the reviews of Dishonored 2 to confirm it's as good as it looks.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'm still really enjoying it - I just got derailed somewhat (ok, mostly) by Civ 6. I've been bouncing between the two still. I haven't have any serious glitches, but I know a lot of people have.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I've watched some game play and I'm think I'm ready to get this after it drops around $30.

It looks pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New patch and free DLC released:
Lincoln Clay is ready to take on the mob in style – starting today, you can choose from 11 outfits while bringing down Sal Marcano. Along with Lincoln’s new threads, we’ve also rolled in a series of performance updates and hotfixes for Mafia III in a new patch. Keep reading for a breakdown of how the new outfits will work and what improvements are coming with the latest patch that is rolling out on all platforms now.
and...
UPDATE: PATCH NOTES

The dev team has also been hard at work addressing your feedback since the game launched on October 7. We’re happy to report that we’ve made a number of improvements on PC included in this patch. But we’re also not done improving the game, and will be making more updates to Mafia III in the future.

These updates include:

UI Improvements
Improved car reflections
Improved streaming issues
Performance optimization
Fixed audio issues
Fixed some cases of savegame corruption
Fixed various issues for Cassandra’s Contraband missions
And more

The work continues for the dev team as we still have more free content on the way – races and car customization! – and more updates for Mafia III. So keep an eye on our social channels for updates. And, most importantly, keep sharing your experiences with us. We want your stay in New Bordeaux to be an enjoyable one.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Great news and I hope they fixed the awful lens flare that pops up from time to time or at least gives Lincoln the option of wearing shades.
Black lives matter!

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I'll bump this since I want to still talk about the game!

I think I'm finally getting to the endgame since I now have a mission to speak to my CIA buddy about killing Sal Marcano. I'll miss my interactions with Donovan when this is all over.

Some random thoughts on certain missions while keeping it a little vague to avoid spoilers:

The Bath House: I really enjoyed sneaking around to opera playing in the background among all the marble and fancy baths. Made me feel like I was in a game of Hitman: Agent 47. The silenced pistol with the ridiculous range and accuracy was my preferred weapon of choice for many missions as I skulked around taking head shots. Got good enough (after some pistol upgrades) to take out a group of two and sometimes three with the silencer. But the best part was after I took the bath house over. I gave it to Vito to control and I really loved walking around the place with all sorts of fat wiseguys in towels mixing with some high society girls and some hippie types and black folks all taking in a nice steam or enjoying the pool. Definitely the best spot in New Bordeaux to just chill and socialize where all are welcome!

The LSD mission: Spiking the drinks of high society folks with MK Ultra grade LSD and watching the fun unfold. I think White Rabbit was being played in the background and the upper crust of New Bordeaux was a lot more fun to be around.

Robbing the Orgy: Pretty much your typical rob an orgy mission. Love the reaction of the participants as they find dead bodies laying around their little, um, orgy.

The killing of Remy Duvall: So I had to crash a white supremacist rally to kill the Grand Poohbah of the Southern Union. After hearing some of Remy's speech I was a little more liberal with my gunfire and instead of avoiding hitting innocent bystanders I decided that no one was innocent and there was a nice pile of folks in hoods.

And these were just a few of my favorite things.
Black lives matter!

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

It is a fun game, isn't it? :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Yeah it is. I'd play for a while, put it away for a bit then play some more. The early missions are kind of boring but it definitely does get a lot better in content and every cutscene is great to watch along with much of the dialogue that you hear in the game. The Get Enzo Conti mission was hysterical when he was by my side shooting at the guys after us and yelling all sorts of stuff. He's good people. Just finished the riverboat mission. Was wondering if I'd get to have a mission on it.

Playing the PS4 version and it could be my imagination but after the latest patch it looks better. I'm running around in the white racing jacket.
Black lives matter!