Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

BattleTech coming back via Kickstarter

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zenn7

Re: BattleTech coming back via Kickstarter

Post by Zenn7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 am

NickAragua wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 pm
You will very occasionally find stores that sell spoilerguns and ammo (look for systems with "star league" keywords), and they sometimes come up as rewards for flashpoints.

I used my spoilermech non-stop, and the combination of it being super tough plus having slower, ground-bound mechs to attract fire meant that I was rarely at risk of losing it.

Then I just about rage-quit when I lost the spoilergun during a flashpoint. Thankfully, it came up as a flashpoint reward. In fact, a ++ version.
No flashpoints for me yet, don't own that DLC. From the description of the flashpoints you all have provided so far, doesn't sound that exciting. Not buying it today, but is there anything else about that DLC that makes it more worthwhile that I actually should buy it some day?

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am

Basically, the flashpoints are self-contained stories (although some flashpoints follow from others, depending on your decisions) involving the major inner sphere powers (or not, in some cases). They're basically multi-stage high-risk-high-reward contracts. The main thing about them is that your dialog choices actually make a difference, as opposed to what happens in the main campaign. You also see consecutive deployments (no time to repair between missions), and the flashpoint missions are hand-crafted. I think I saw about 20 total, but there are more - to access a few of them you need to be allied with a major inner sphere power, and it takes a while to "grind out the rep".

Flashpoint also adds three mechs: Hatchetman, Crab, Cyclops. The Hatchetman is... uh... slow. The Crab is a 50-tonner, and the Cyclops fills out the assault bracket a little.

The main reasons to get Flashpoint would be in anticipation of the next DLC, "Urban Combat" (which will probably have more flashpoints), and the possibility of user-made flashpoints (so far, only one has been made, but you never know...)

Honestly, I'd wait for a sale, though.

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

NickAragua wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am

Honestly, I'd wait for a sale, though.
Agreed. What it adds is nice but it doesn't really add anything necessary.

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:33 pm

Why are prices so bad to sell? It's only 10% of the buy cost. Does this change?
No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 am

I don't think I ever saw prices get better or worse. 10% is a horrible sell rate. I pretty much keep everything with periodic house cleanings - but those are never thought of as "For Profit" sales.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Mordor: Shadow of War, Curious Expedition

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 pm

I was thinking of trying a mod and career mode now that I beat the campaign. Wanted to see what career mode does (assuming it's just the random missions from the campaign with no story, but hoping it would unlike the galaxy instead of restricting us to this little section of the periphery).

Didn't want to just carry the uber-lance from the campaign out. Wanted to build up again. This time with more mechs (hence mods).

JK_variants seems like a good starting point, but saw XLRP - Extended Lore Rebalancing Project.

Wondered if anyone tried that and why they like or didn't like it compared to the other mods you all have been listing here?