Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Divinity: Original Sin 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fardaza

Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by Fardaza »

This is what I've been playing since my almost 5 month absence from gaming. I created my own character and then chose Red Prince, Ifan, and Lohse. RP is a 2-handed knight, Ifan is a ranger/summoner, and Lohse is a hydro/aero mage. My main is a geo/pyro mage. Am getting close to the end of Act 1. What a blast! The combat system is oftentimes confusing, but it's still fun.

The inventory IS a mess! I've read several crafting how-to sites, and it's still confusing for a hoarder such as myself. I just can't bear to get rid of anything that MIGHT be useful later.
Anonymous Bosch

Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Fardaza wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am This is what I've been playing since my almost 5 month absence from gaming. I created my own character and then chose Red Prince, Ifan, and Lohse. RP is a 2-handed knight, Ifan is a ranger/summoner, and Lohse is a hydro/aero mage. My main is a geo/pyro mage. Am getting close to the end of Act 1. What a blast! The combat system is oftentimes confusing, but it's still fun.

The inventory IS a mess! I've read several crafting how-to sites, and it's still confusing for a hoarder such as myself. I just can't bear to get rid of anything that MIGHT be useful later.
Crafting and inventory management can indeed seem a little overwhelming, all the moreso if you're a hoarder. I found it helpful to have each party member's inventory fulfilling one particular purpose. So the character with the highest bartering contains all the items marked as "Wares" to sell, another contains all the crafting items (preferably not your main, to avoid struggling to find a specific item you just picked up), another holds quest items, etc.

Also, bags and containers in general can make inventory management a LOT easier. You can, for example, place all your consumables in a bag and then place that bag in your hotbar so that when used during combat, you have all your consumables in one handy place. Likewise, you can use one container for all your keys, another one for all your potions, scrolls, arrows, grenades etc. Suffice to say, containers can definitely improve inventory management and item organization.

BTW, I highly recommend checking out MajorSlack's series of Divinity: Original Sin 2 video walkthroughs if you'd like to get the most out of the game and aim to get going as quickly and easily as possible. You don't need to watch the entire series, but the first four or five videos supply a wealth of tremendously useful info, and his 'Level 4 Power Start' provides a rock-solid blank slate template from which to experiment with any character builds you like.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster