Brutesquad: Operation Flashpoint!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Crux

Brutesquad: Operation Flashpoint!

Post by Crux »

I've been getting the coop bug lately, and was thinking of good games. Whilst cleaning through my cd collection throwing out all the crap games I acquired over the years, I came across Operation Flashpoint. I remembered when patched, there was some SERIOUS coop goodness in that game. So, I figured I would see who else might be interested in getting a small group together for a session of Operation Flashpoint madness and mayhem?

Just post below if you are interested and we'll start working out a time!
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Hmmm....it's been a good long time since I've played coop OF. But those were good times. If you get others, and a time works out, I would like to join in.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd be interested. I'd have to get it installed and tweaked, but I'd be willing to come along for the fun.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

I've played more my share of OFP with my friends. Since we're all (or have been) militarily involved our scenarios tended towards 2 hours careful walking in the woods avoiding enemy contact... perhaps not everyones cup of tea. Especially if you got unlucky and caught a bullet in the first 20 minutes.
CSL

Post by CSL »

I'm up for it
Grafvolluth

Post by Grafvolluth »

I've been meaning to get back to this game, some Coop might just be what the doctor ordred
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There have been some recent patches - and one that I think cranks up the textures.

Do make sure you have the most curent patches though - because one of the patch releases can potentially nuke your hard drive while playing a MP game.

You probably can't download it anymore, but if you have it on your PC...skip it. : )
Maybe next year, maybe no go
knob

Post by knob »

I want this game so bad, but I can't seem to find the GOTY version.

Well, Amazon has it for $30, but GoGamer has it (Out of stock) for $20. I'm broke. I need the $20 option.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

My friends and I are very big into coop, we played through this set of coop missions made for coop alone. It was a sort of helicopter insertion and extraction mission that was long and difficult.

But there's nothing like flying in on a blackhawk with your cobra flying buddy ahead of you blows away any hard targets like shilkas and tanks. Then flying low to drop a sniper off on a nearby hill, then flying in just outside of town, storming said town, and running off with the goods while your boys light up any incoming reinforcements.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Sounds as though we have enough to start the planning.

First things first: I need a couple of hosting volunteers. Need a good connection in the continental US. I don't recall if dedicated hosting is possible, but that would be preferrable if we can get it.

Second: Voice coms. We will get a Teamspeak 2 server set up for the coop sessions. Download it, get it working and for the love of all that is holy please make sure you set it to 'push to talk' so I don't have to listen to Darth Vader breathing the entire time we're playing :D

Third: Files. I will get a list of the patch version, plus any files needed for downloading (extra coop missions for example).

I'll post a suggested day/time for next week, and assuming we can get enough people to make a go of it that night (including a server host), then we'll plan on it!
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Right now, the latest released version is 1.96.
AFAIK, GOTY and Resistance will work as long as they're patched to 1.96.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/download.html
Crux

Post by Crux »

SirReal do you know if the original version Cold War Crisis is compatible with the GOTY version? Assuming both are patched of course...
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

aussie77 wrote:SirReal do you know if the original version Cold War Crisis is compatible with the GOTY version? Assuming both are patched of course...
It is not. The original can only be patched to 1.46. You really, really need to have either the Resistance addon or the GOTY version.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well crapola. Now I have to try and find that for cheap before I can join in the fun I just tried to organize :D
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Note that the teamspeak server problem is probably (waiting on the firewall spanking) solved; see the thread about it. I'm making the server registered-accounts-only, but It'll be open for all OO:ers.[/url]
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

OH MY GOD!
This is the best online game ever, and I'm so in on whatever games are set up.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Crux

Post by Crux »

Someone else will have to finish organizing the first night of coop. I won't be able to play until I can find a super-cheap copy of the game :( Going to set up some H&D Deluxe Coop gaming goodness instead if I can :D
gellar

Post by gellar »

So what would I need to buy if I wanted to participate in teh goodness? I had a game, but gave it to a GGer once, I think.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

gellar wrote:So what would I need to buy if I wanted to participate in teh goodness? I had a game, but gave it to a GGer once, I think.

gellar
You either need Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year edition, OR Operation Flashpoint PLUS the Resistance Addon.
Itsatrap

Post by Itsatrap »

Oooh, sounds like fun... now where did I put those OFP discs?

- Alan