Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate

Post by Daehawk »

My fear of heights just grabbed me in AC Syndicate. I had to climb Big Ben and another giant tall tower to do something. Im not great with this games climbing and shit. Ill get up high and when I should jump left Ill jump right and fall to my death. I never know why as I seem to be using the controls right but I always have accidents. Anyways Im waaay up high in the game and my hands are so sweaty I can barely hold the controller. I keep looking away on the high wire stuff and looking back bit by bit.

This is stupid. Its a game. I used to laugh at those people who freaked out in heights in VR or were seeing a doctor that used it to help them. Thought that was so dump. Even with my fears games have barely bugged me at times. But this one...ugh. Freakin me out. One wrong move.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The lack of a sensible and decent fast travel is ruining my fun in this game. Jacob had both the train and a fast travel point or two. It switched me to Evie and she has neither. The train and the point has both disappeared and Im way deep in a high lvl areas with goons that spot me every 10 feet and fights that kill me in 2 hits. Bout ready to delete and never touch it again. This is already my 4th or 5th go at it. Was JUST about to start enjoying it when a way to move around is killing it. Theres not even a damn taxi carriage to rent. I dont want to run through hell or steal a buggy and drive the same hell to get someplace. Hate it.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I don't know how far into it you are, but with some of your skill upgrades, there's one that allows you to call a carriage.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im just lvl 2. The first full area left me at level 2 even after doing and collecting everything. It then wants me to go through a zone or two of lvl 6 and 8 to reach a lvl 3 or 4 area and do some lvl 3 quests. I rode the train once to get there and ran a lvl 3 which I died a lot on but got done. But Im stuck there now and no more quests. Not sure what the designers were doing with this one. Ive never had a AC game be so confusing or difficult.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 pm Im just lvl 2. The first full area left me at level 2 even after doing and collecting everything. It then wants me to go through a zone or two of lvl 6 and 8 to reach a lvl 3 or 4 area and do some lvl 3 quests. I rode the train once to get there and ran a lvl 3 which I died a lot on but got done. But Im stuck there now and no more quests. Not sure what the designers were doing with this one. Ive never had a AC game be so confusing or difficult.
I finished the game a while ago (PS4) but I don't remember ever running into this problem. Aren't the zones basically lined up by difficulty level (meaning you mostly only have to enter the next one from the one you are currently in)? Where do you need to fast travel to (and why)? I think I basically stayed in one zone and did everything there and then moved to the next
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You'd think that......but im at top of the map in Whitechapel and the lower lvl zone is 1 or 2 zones south. Between them is higher lvl stuff. Even the lvl 3 zone I need to be in is totally full of the enemy gang on every street and corner and constantly yell at me when I run. I jumped into a pit area and there were 12 or more there. Died lol
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Do you know how to get to rooftops? It's easy to get through that way.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I just got the rope grapple too but I hate traveling that way. So slow.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Slower than constantly dying? I'm pretty sure that's how I got around initially in that game. In the games before Origins, the rooftops were your best friend, at least until the endgame when you're all kitted out.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The rope grapple is one of my favourite additions to the franchise.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got better at the rope travel earlier and went across the map to where I was supposed to be. It says a lvl 3 zone. But as soon as Im on the ground and try to kill a guy I die . Either they mob me or I dont block well enough. Evie seems to have more trouble assassinating people and ends up smacking people with her useless cane. It takes about 30 hits with it. UGH.

Also having to basically lvl and skill 2 characters Im finding a bore. I watched some videos and they never even work together until the last mission. I have to pick and pay for skills for each one and equip each one. Why for God's sake?? You'd think on a game centered on twins they would run missions together. Seems no point.

Tomorrow Im going to take a long look at it. See if I can find the fun Im missing. If not Ill redelete it for the 6th or so time. Maybe Ill remember not to try again next time if so.

I love the series. I fini9shed 1 & 2. Then 3 was fun and I liked the setting. Black Flag is one of the best games Ive ever played. I was having a great time with Odyssey. Might go back one day. Only got 4 days into it. And Ive dabbled with Origins. I just need to make that one run better. For some reason it does not run smooth at all.

Also hope one day they simply make a game like this and skip all the future / present time crap and focus entirely on the past era.

EDIT: And thinking back yes I very much wish the other AC games had a rope grapple.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

In the big story missions, they do work together on different tasks. They have separate skills, because the two of them actually differ in the unique skills they have. One of them has a skill that allows them to be more stealthy, and the other has a skill which allows them to use their gun more successfully. You can also equip them with the same weapons so they both use the hidden blade or whatever else you find more efficient.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 pm You'd think on a game centered on twins they would run missions together. Seems no point.
It's a game centered on twins that are quite at odds with each other.

You also don't have to level them both up. The other one collects the skill points you accumulate on the one you're playing. You don't have to share skill points in other words.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Noticed something. My old go at this was at 9%. This new one is at 8%. But Im in a zone I never made it to in the other go and I just ran a missions Ive never seen nor run before. I just did the Graham Bell one with the fuses in the towers. Ive not done that before. So it seems Ive never been here before. But my old try was further along than this one. Now Im totally lost as to whats going on. I also remember on that old play that I did a mission to free kids at a factory and I had a big gang vs gang fight that was part of the story. Ive not had them with this one. So Im really confused.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

If you do enough liberation missions and kill the targets in a sector, eventually you'll earn the wrath of that sector's leader. When that happens, you get the gang vs gang fight to take over the sector. It's possible you missed some of the activities?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, the one about murderous siblings in London during the Industrial Revolution, is free to keep from Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, the game about a brother-sister duo who commit murders for fun and profit on the streets of London amidst the bustle and furor of the Industrial Revolution, is free to keep from the Ubisoft Store, as long as you grab it before December 6.

Syndicate didn't entirely knock our socks off when it launched in 2015: "The new toys and tools freshen up the formula," we said in our 66% review, "but after a while, for better and worse, it's still Assassin's Creed." Ubisoft may have felt the same way, as the next mainline Assassin's Creed game, Origins—the first to miss the annualized schedule that had been running since 2009—came out of the gate much stronger and essentially revitalized the entire series.

Nonetheless, "it's still Assassin's Creed" isn't the worst criticism ever, especially if what you want is, y'know, more Assassin's Creed, and let us not forget that it's free. That's the kind of price tag that seals pretty much any deal for me.

To get it, just pop around to Ubisoft.com and click the appropriate button—you'll have to scroll down a bit to find it, but it's pretty hard to miss. Just to be on the safe side, though, you're looking for this:

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold