Anyone try the Sabotain demo?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Alefroth

Anyone try the Sabotain demo?

Post by Alefroth »

It's a first person sci-fi RPG from Akella. I started it up, but got pulled away. From what I saw, it looks like it could be interesting.

Ale
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Downloading now. If I can pull myself away from my KOTOR replay, I'll give it a shot and respond.

Grifman
phishbate

Post by phishbate »

I downloaded it and thought the sci-fi setting was fairly interesting. I talked to Queer (strange name choice) and ran off to deal with the punks. Dealt with them just through intimidation, then got a message to summon my personal car! Once I realized you actually get to control the car, in an RPG no less, I was fairly happy. :) Then I made the car move, the game crashed in a nasty way, I uninstalled and was fairly sad. :(

The voice acting is really really bad. I think the developers recorded it. It's a wonky little game from what I saw, I'll wait until it's finished to take a look at it again.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

The car made the game crash, huh? I didn't crash, but I haven't figured out how to get out of the car, yet. Maybe I'll run over Queer March and take the flashlights. I agree, the voicing is pretty bad, especially after just finishing the excellent Vampire: The Masquerade.

Ale
mtkafka

Post by mtkafka »

I played the demo... seems like a sci fi GTA3+ wannabee... the shooter element is pretty good enough... but the vehicles don't feel right.. as well as the maps are not conducive to vehicles. The demo reminds me alot of that Omikron Bowie game.

etc