Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:35 pm If you do decide to join up with us, don't be surprised when one day you stumble upon an entire island covered in tables...and me, sitting contentedly in the center of all this table goodness, eating Coop.
Tease.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Got a couple of hours in last night.

I found hepcat's place and helped myself to some of his firewood. Unfortunately he only leaves putrid meat out for visitors, so I had to fry up my own turtle.

I also found a nice little secluded stretch of beach near a giant tree a little west of hep's place and built a hovel. I'm managing to fare very well out there, with plenty of stone, wood, water, and food. I'll probably hang out for awhile to get my supply stock up, then start heading north.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, and adjusted to the controls pretty quickly. There's a bit of a learning curve with the interface, but a couple of Youtube videos cleared that up. Thanks Fret, Sepiche, et al for the welcome last night.

P.S. I started up a nude character on a different server early on just to laugh at it (I'm a juvenile), and my daughter (who I thought was in the bath) walked in. She screams, "THEY PUT IN TOO MUCH DETAIL!!!" and ran screaming from the room. I don't know if I'm a bad dad for accidentally exposing my daughter to a digital ding dong, or a great dad for training her to run from penises. :P
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:32 am

I found hepcat's place and helped myself to some of his firewood. Unfortunately he only leaves putrid meat out for visitors, so I had to fry up my own turtle.
I'm like a barbarian Tom Bodett.
YellowKing wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:32 am I also found a nice little secluded stretch of beach near a giant tree a little west of hep's place and built a hovel. I'm managing to fare very well out there, with plenty of stone, wood, water, and food. I'll probably hang out for awhile to get my supply stock up, then start heading north.
I really hope you checked the zoning regulations. I left one server because someone decided to go with a ranch style home in a neighborhood that was clearly zoned "rich folks".
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The boy and I have already abandoned our starter home that was a little too close to the common folk and have moved up closer to the northern wall, by the Black Galleon. The Black Galleon has a lot of skilled craftsmen that don't seem t mind too much coming to work for us, particularly after we kill all of their fighter friends. Once we have hired everyone we need from the pirate ship, we'll probably move a little further north and build our Black Ice Palace. We need somewhere with easier access to hides. The humans are fine for regular hides, but we also need thick hides... and demon blood. I guess we could stay where we are and just hunt Rhinos for thick hide. They are kind of on the brutal side though. We'd still need to travel for demon blood.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:40 am I'm like a barbarian Tom Bodett.
"We'll leave the thralls out for you."

Got me a little starter home overlooking the river toward the jungle after a short detour through Fret's single mine (and now no mine) minefield. Should have some more time to play today hopefully.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It's highly likely that I will be on pretty much the entire weekend (as I have for the past several weekends) if anyone needs any help and again, anyone is welcome to join our clan so you can make use of all our facilities. We already have a good variety of tier 3 thralls (flawless or exceptional item journey step) and this weekend I will be trying to upgrade most of them to T4. We can also help when you get the Abyssal Remnant journey step whether you join the clan or not. He's the newbie boss creature (you should be 20+ for that).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Can you change the clan name to something less goofy? Knights of Dusk makes me think of that old loony tunes cartoon. Although if you did use one of the actual titles from that cartoon, I would totally join Loin of Beef or even Knights of Day.
He won. Period.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I made Morlac last night and played for a quick bit. I have some clothes, couple of tools, and made a bedroll. Hit level 2 and found a nice spot up under one of the arches of the Broken Bridge to throw down my bag for the night. Seems safe place to be a savage hobo. What level is the recipe for a shopping cart?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm Can you change the clan name to something less goofy? Knights of Dusk makes me think of that old loony tunes cartoon. Although if you did use one of the actual titles from that cartoon, I would totally join Loin of Beef or even Knights of Day.
It was supposed to be Knights of the Deep, but apparently the character limit for clan names is *really* short. My gaming guild is Sterling Order of Knights (and you thought Knights of Dusk was goofy) so that's where Knightly part comes from. I woul dbe happy to change it to "Not Dead Yet" is that helps. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Coop and the Coopettes?
Coop and Son?
Los Magnifico?
USPS?
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

With all the pants talk, you should see if you can get Mr Fed playing.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Since its him and his son it could be One Flew Over the Coop Coop Nest.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've got it.

Coop de gras
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:57 pm Coop and the Coopettes?
Coop and Son?
Los Magnifico?
USPS?
No.
Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:40 pm Since its him and his son it could be One Flew Over the Coop Coop Nest.
Too long.
hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:08 pm I've got it.

Coop de gras
This I like. Coop De Grâce though. Can I make Grâce more menacing? Coop de Meurtre.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Gras much better considering the culinary options in the game.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sheesh, Sepiche is like a barbarian Frank Lloyd Wright. I stumbled across his Fallingwater earlier today. I became jealous and tried to deface it by placing human body parts on the roof. But it only ended up making it look even better.

Do you offer any classes?
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:36 pm Server is up.
It looks like Pippi was updated this morning and the server isn't behaving.

I found the old version of the mod here until the server is updated:
http://daftlyoddsoftware.com/Pippi/dist/2.0.0/

Put the .pak file here after backing up the existing version:
Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\880454836
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Sorry about that. It seems that the server update and restart tasks worked fine, but the mod update had an error. I've created one that should fire off in three minutes to test it out (updating a single mod rather than all at once) and regardless of whether that works or not I'll fire it back up in ten or so.

edit - Yep, it seems the update tasks are all broken, which is super inconvenient. I've disabled the other mods to try and cut down on potential update issues.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

No worries and thanks.

LTs farming had the stacking and number of slots changes. We miss those.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Hellfire. I hadn’t played without it so I thought those were defaults. I assume that nuked everyone’s inventory?

I’m at work, but I can restart the server from here and turn it back on. I can replace everyone’s stuff later this afternoon when I get home.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It didn't nuke inventory, any new stacks are limited and you can't add anything else to a chest or crafting station until you get down to the normal limit. It just requires lots of reshuffling of stuff. 10x stack sizes are addicting.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I apologize. If you and your son can hop off for ten minutes I can reboot with it reenabled (if you quote this message I’ll get a Tapatalk notification and will know to do it).
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Bah, I lied. I have to edit the mod config file manually and I don’t have an ftp client on the phone. Should be home in an hour or so.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fretmute wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:32 pm I apologize. If you and your son can hop off for ten minutes I can reboot with it reenabled (if you quote this message I’ll get a Tapatalk notification and will know to do it).
Oh sorry, we had logged off for a while when I posted that last message and we were just bumming around the house pretending we could do stuff other than play video games. Don't worry about us, do what you need to do. Even if we are playing, we'll live. Our characters, maybe not so much, but death happens.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh god, yeah. Don’t ever feel the need to rush over anything even remotely tied to your server. And don’t forget to let us know if we can chip in.
He won. Period.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

It's only one room so far, but Le Chateau de la Fret is shaping up nicely:

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

When did this turn into a Victorian England simulator?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

That is really nice. My build have always been 100% functional. I don't do aesthetic.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm still eating bugs and using Iron tools but apparently Fret is dressed in the finest of silks and crafting lacquered Victorian-style gables and balusters. How is this the same game?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh man, I need to up my game.

I logged in for a few minutes late yesterday, but promptly got stuck in yet another sandstorm and died. It was night in the jungle area I was trying to create a new home in, so it was pitch black. I couldn't find my body to retrieve my things though. I'll try again during the day.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You learn pretty quickly to tell when a sandstorm is coming and you need to find shelter if you don't have a sandstorm mask. The mask is a tier 2 items so it's hard to come by in the early game and you just need to huddle in a hole.

Fret, Spartan Wolf and I played around the purges yesterday. Fret used admin commands to fill purge meters and trigger the purges. At Fret's house it was waves of hyenas with the occasional were-hyena sprinkled in. Were-hyenas tend to hang out in one area of the northern desert (The Den) and they are *tough* but pretty manageable with decent armor and weapons. For the three of us they were really pretty easy and it looked like Fret could have handled them without us.

The second purge came to one of our small outposts that had no guards, but I brought a T4 fighter along and parked him at the entrance.... Of course the purge never came that way so he did nothing at all. It was a purge of locusts, which were actually Sand Reapers... They kind of look like preying mantises crossed with the creatures from stranger things. They aren't very tough. Worse than hyena, but not terrible... the problem was that the bonus creatures sprinkled in for fun were Boss Sand Reapers... there were two of them and we spent THIRTY MINUTES killing them. If Fret wasn't there I think we would have been screwed completely... or at least hid in a corner. I guess the good news is that the purge is time-boxed so after we killed the boss reapers it was over.

Anyway, don't be surprised if you log on and all your stuff is broken. The purge is coming for you.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:45 am I'm still eating bugs and using Iron tools but apparently Fret is dressed in the finest of silks and crafting lacquered Victorian-style gables and balusters. How is this the same game?
Fret has spent a wee bit more time playing than you have... and Wolf and I have played more than Fret... *and* have a lot more experience with it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Hmm, hopefully my little home overlooking the river is intact. It thought I had more time to get some defenses setup.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:33 am Hmm, hopefully my little home overlooking the river is intact. It thought I had more time to get some defenses setup.
My son was complaining that he wanted a purge and Fret delivered. We were really just curious how they worked. If your place did get caught up in the mess and you need help recovering let me know. We can lend a hand.

I am seriously considering placing a vault somewhere down in the newbie area (probably near DSOUTH for (my) convenience) with extra stuff like crafting thralls that we've replaced and other equipment we would normally just let rot as we upgrade.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 am
Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:45 am I'm still eating bugs and using Iron tools but apparently Fret is dressed in the finest of silks and crafting lacquered Victorian-style gables and balusters. How is this the same game?
Fret has spent a wee bit more time playing than you have... and Wolf and I have played more than Fret... *and* have a lot more experience with it.
Hey now, I'm a working barb, just like you. My house is nice, but I wear the skins of my enemies, just like everyone else.

Coop, on the other hand, has a wheel of pain in his basement. Sure, you want to hear the lamentations of the women, but only when you're, *ahem*, <lamenting> . . . not during breakfast.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

OK, just to be clear, I don't think I am better than anyone else here. I simply *am* better than everyone else.

Seriously though, this is why I keep pushing on the clan thing. It is much easier to get things done as a group. I just have the help of a 12 year old that I have to talk into doing anything useful other than killing stuff and making trophies and my life is just so much easier for it. The only thing holding us back at this point is our main base has no significant ironstone (or ichor or brimstone or hell, wood even) anywhere nearby and I have been avoiding farming it as a result. I just stuck where we are for easy access to thralls.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I know more mods is probably bad at this time, but:
LTs Compass

That mod addresses the most glaring omission in the game, no mini-map.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

It's still not a patch on my Ark masterpiece:

Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You are like the buzzing of flies to him!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Enlarge Image

Hot tub! Will it make me wet? Hot tub! Will it make me sweat?