Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fitzy

Re: Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

Post by Fitzy »

🤔 pants...underpants!

Plan

Steal pants (not from hepcat, his seem to disappear a lot and I’m not sure I want to know where they were)
???
Profit!

Wait, how is stealing in this game? And are there gnomes?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Word of advice: if you see a shimmering wall, don’t gleefully run into it because you think there might be iron deposits behind it.

Nothing like making a 10 minute, naked mad dash back to your body so you can grab your things.

Oh, and another suggestion while I’m at it. If you leave an unconscious exile in your house because you discovered you first need a wheel of pain before you can make him a thrall, he WILL attack you after you respawn back in your house later. Scared the crap out of me. I wake up naked once again, hear a blood curdling scream, and some yahoo starts whaling on me in front of my comically oversized croc head. Thankfully I was able to beat him into submission with my fists. And by submission, I mean I hit him so hard at one point that he literally exploded from the waist up, leaving a disturbing looking set of legs covered in gore in my goddamn bedroom.

I should have eaten the bastard.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I guess the devs made it so only the top half explodes. That way if they have pants and you dont you can loot pants.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The entire time I was running bare ass naked across the map to get my stuff back, I was singing The Streak.

Also, some barbarian calling himself Big T built a damn house near mine. Then he had the nerve to crawl all over my place looking for a way in or something while I was standing there watching him.

I’m going to be having a word with the Cimmerian Condo Corporation.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You need to start a Barbarian HOA for your area. Mandate rules like, "No pants" and "Must cook all meat before eating". Crazy stuff. I spent a few hours with it earlier. Normally, this isn't my type of game (survival? crafting?) but so far I'm enjoying it. I mean, I ate a bunch of raw reptile meat by accident and almost died. Any game that includes that level of detail gets my professional respect.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

How much time did you spend on the endowment slider?
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not as much as I suppose some people did. I was rather shocked at the character creation process. Nudity doesn't bother me. Surprise nudity is well...surprising.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Most folks just slide it all the way to right, then give a satisfied grunt while muttering under their breath "Just like real life, baby".

Me? I tried to take into account how obtrusive that would be. I mean, I don't want to be running along and just trip over the damn thing.
Last edited by hepcat on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

This isn't my type of game, but I keep coming back in here for the stories. You guys are great. :lol: :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think tonight I'm going to create a bunch of wooden signs and post them all over Big T's yard announcing his affinity for animal love, as well as warning other players about the potential infestation of cooties his kind brings to my neighborhood.

Property values have plummeted since Big T decided to build a sloppy, ranch style home near my grand, majestic bachelor pad, Casa del Hepcat. Where the music AND the owner are smooth.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am Where the music AND the owner are smooth.
Turned the endowment slider the wrong way?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Don't make me create a disparaging sign about you and post it in my yard.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My son and I are basically at the end game. I hit 60 weeks ago and he is level 51 or so. Yesterday we took out the boss of The Black Keep unlocking Silent Legion armor which is generally regarded as the best armor in the game. We have altars at max for 4 out of 5 gods and are close on the last one. I have opened up 8 legendary chests and acquired some interesting legendary weapons. Our Black Ice base is pretty massive if completely underwhelming architecturally. It is basically a collection of large boxes.

I keep thinking about setting up a second base, but have yet to actually get it done. I think I'd like to put something up by the Temple of Frost. A little out of the way, but easy access to black ice and star metal. Our current base is too far away from any obelisks for teleportation convenience. There is also very little flat ground which makes placing vaults troublesome.

My son was killed by another player yesterday. That's the first time either of us have been involved in PvP really. We were raiding the black galleon for thralls and this guy just skewered my son. We sparred for a little bit and I managed to grab my son's gear and hit the road. He chased me. It's about a five minute run from the pirate ship to my base and he chased me the whole way. He had the double jump perk which basically gives you endless stamina so there's no way I could lose him. I was geared for fighting NPCs not players and he had a spear which is the best PvP weapon with the long reach... so I kept running.

Once I got to my base, my son started plinking him with arrows from the battlements and they exchanged fire. I left the door open to invite him in but he just danced around outside. Eventually I talked him into coming into the base to test out the thralls I had set up for defense. My thralls wouldn't attack him and he wasn't able to damage them. Basically the defensive thralls were completely useless. We chatted for a bit longer and then he left. Oh and his clan name is "Peaceful"... yeah whatever. It is the most active clan on the server though most of them are lower levels. I haven't decided if I am going to take some revenge. They could totally take us in numbers if we really pissed them off.

Speaking of thralls, most of my thralls have been upgraded to named (Tier 4) thralls... this has left me with a bunch of thralls I have no real use for. I have started putting them in one of my vaults. It feels kind of wrong, but you can't really release crafter thralls into the wild. What else am I supposed to do? Kill them? I have considered giving them away, but I am not sure anyone really needs them. I guess I could expand my crafting stations so I can build/smelt/whatever faster.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I made a table yesterday.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:41 pm I made a table yesterday.
I made a character on your server weekend before last but then I was reminded that harvesting is 1x on PvE servers and logged off.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Seriously. Coop and his son are merging with the multiverse and I made a thatched roof this morning.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 pm Seriously. Coop and his son are merging with the multiverse and I made a thatched roof this morning.
You are welcome to join us and get a quick fast forward (official #1515). We can help you through all the journey steps up to chapter 8. We're still working those. If you haven't noticed, journey steps are the fastest way to level since exploration xp was nerfed. Also we have holy food that doesn't expire... Yog is the best... but Mitra has ambrosia... Set has poison arrows... Derketo has pasties (don't tell hepcat)... Ymir has an axe that protects you from heat for volcano exploration. All the gods are the best, but they all kneel before Crom, who gives you nothing. NOTHING!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Thanks. I'm enjoying the discovery journey right now but if I get frustrated, I might. Again, I don't normally enjoy these types of games but for now I'm finding this one fun and a tad bit relaxing? I'm not sure if that's the right word. It's less stressful than No Man's Sky (my closest point of comparison) - I always felt like it was a constant struggle to survive in that game. Here I can make twine and bang rocks.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:41 pm I made a table yesterday.
I made a character on your server weekend before last but then I was reminded that harvesting is 1x on PvE servers and logged off.
Waaaaiiiitttt a minute.....Big T?
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

stessier wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 am
hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am Where the music AND the owner are smooth.
Turned the endowment slider the wrong way?
I started laughing and couldn't stop when a picture of Arnold as Conan popped into my head with him yelling "MY PEE-PEE!! WHERES MY PEE-PEE!" ..omg.

Anyways Coop your thralls. Are they bugged or is it not a feature yet for them to defend a base?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 pm Anyways Coop your thralls. Are they bugged or is it not a feature yet for them to defend a base?
Official PvP servers have "Raid Hours" and you can only damage other players property at that time (5-11pm Eastern time for US servers). Apparently thralls only defend during those hours which I guess makes sense.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh so if you didn't leave the door open then that guy would not have been able to break it and enter. And even when he did get in he could not do anything. But you can be killed at any time. neat. So if you had not grabbed your son's items is there a time limit before they rot away or can others loot them after a set amount of time?
morlac

Post by morlac »

Fretmute wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 am So I was thinking about getting this, and since I don't trust randos on the internet, I was planning on renting my own server, so I checked out the workshop page to see what sorts of mods are running about . . . and one of the most subscribed mods is called "Breast Physics."
Did you ever pull the plug and remt your own server?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 pm Oh so if you didn't leave the door open then that guy would not have been able to break it and enter. And even when he did get in he could not do anything. But you can be killed at any time. neat. So if you had not grabbed your son's items is there a time limit before they rot away or can others loot them after a set amount of time?
He wouldn't have been able to break in, but that doesn't mean he couldn't get in. The game has climbing and if you spec for it you can get double jump which lets you do some things some people don't plan for. And if he gets in, there are some things he could still do. crafting stations are open. You can take stuff off crafting stations that are left in the open, including crafter thralls. That's the biggest risk - some high end thralls are hard to come by. It would really annoy me if someone managed to steal my archpriest of Set. Some people don't know this, but by default chests are NOT locked. It is simple to switch a chest to locked permanently, but you have to remember to do it for every chest you create.

A body will decay if left alone and then the loot will decay. Bodies are free for all. If you see a body you can loot it. If you see a bag, you can loot it.

You have to think about the things you take with you when you go out adventuring or harvesting or whatever. I don't go out to gather ore in my silent legion armor and my legendary weapons... first because you do't want to risk losing it, but second because silent legion armor is really heavy and would limit what you could carry home. On the other hand light leather armor is very light and gives you bonus encumbrance that lets you carry even more, *and* it's really easy to make and replace. There are many different kinds of armor, split into three armor types, light, medium and heavy. They have different weights, give different attribute bonuses and different temperature protection. Silent Legion is great for wandering around really hot areas. Vanir Fur is great for really cold areas. Most armors also have Flawless and Exceptional variants that you can only access with specific crafter thralls that are knowledgeable in that type of armor.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

morlac wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 pm
Fretmute wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 am So I was thinking about getting this, and since I don't trust randos on the internet, I was planning on renting my own server, so I checked out the workshop page to see what sorts of mods are running about . . . and one of the most subscribed mods is called "Breast Physics."
I picked up the game this morning. I'll spin one up this evening when I get home from work.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 am
morlac wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 pm
I picked up the game this morning. I'll spin one up this evening when I get home from work.
So that's how I get to play more... start right the hell over.

2x harvesting and prime time purges please! :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:38 am2x harvesting and prime time purges please! :D
Prime time purges?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Will you be inviting OO members? If so, I'd be willing to chip in. However, I must warn you: I am a recovering cannibal.
He won. Period.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 am Will you be inviting OO members? If so, I'd be willing to chip in. However, I must warn you: I am a recovering cannibal.
Of course. I'll post the login info once it exists.
hepcat

Re: Conan Exiles -W mmo survival game

Post by hepcat »

Will you be enforcing an endowment limitation?
He won. Period.
Fretmute

Re: Conan Exiles -W mmo survival game

Post by Fretmute »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 am Will you be enforcing an endowment limitation?
And ban myself from my own server??
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I like the way you think, Melon.
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 am
coopasonic wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:38 am2x harvesting and prime time purges please! :D
Prime time purges?
There are server settings around when you can PvP (damage players), when you can Raid (damage player structures) and when purges happen. Purges are the game fighting back and the main reason you build defenses if you aren't doing PvP/Raids. If you have neither, you don't have much reason to do stuff. I think you can change these setting any time if you are the admin of the server, so not a big deal until you figure it all out.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

coopasonic wrote:If you have neither, you don't have much reason to do stuff.
You say that, but wait until you see my Conan Sexiles mod.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I have some suggestions for adult mods that I've white boarded out for you. I also would like to set up some official zoning rules so that punks like Big T don't drive down my property values.
He won. Period.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 pm I have some suggestions for adult mods that I've white boarded out for you. I also would like to set up some official zoning rules so that punks like Big T don't drive down my property values.
I hear the Conan HOA mod is pretty sweet.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:16 pm
coopasonic wrote:If you have neither, you don't have much reason to do stuff.
You say that, but wait until you see my Conan Sexiles mod.
The orgasm vocalization would get old I’d think. And I suspect the animation speed up/down will cause some players to wear out their keyboards.

I am curious if you looked up the mod or the name is the obvious one and you made it up not knowing it was a real mod.

Also I am aware that I know too much about the “adult gaming and modding” scene, but, and I also know no one will believe me, I mostly follow for the text games.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It's Fret's call as he's paying for the server (though I would potentially donate to support if I were using it), but if the server goes down the dirty path I probably wouldn't be playing on it as this is a game I play with my 12yo son. Innuendo is cool and he's crossing into puberty so he'll laugh at your dick jokes and I am fine with that, but there is a line (and it's pretty close to what this game already offers unmodded).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter