Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

persself

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by persself »

persself wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:It's nice being able to link my phone, iPad, and PC to the same account. I played so much on iPad yesterday that the battery was almost dead, but I was able to jump in and continue on PC last night. :)
I started the game on pc through Steam. I am now trying to get linked on my android tablet. I registered my pc account, got the password. Fired up android GoW app, and went straight to the settings before doing anything...clicked account, and pop up for supplying email/password "from other device" . Enter info, and says error; check email/password are correct. I double and triple checked and still get error. I even rebooted tablet with no luck.

I wonder if it's because "other device" is pc, and I should have started out on the tablet first??

Going to submit a support request, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime for help.
Pretty sure my game got hijacked or something. While waiting on support for my account link issue, I played a couple PvP matches. Won both, but on the 2nd one, instead of getting my rewards, it threw error code with some user name/password I did not recognize. Worst of all, I now cannot play on the pc, and of course not linked yet to tablet.

So guild, do not boot me!!! I am trying to get this resolved.
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

coopasonic wrote:If you guys have room for another n00b, I'm "coopasonic" shockingly enough. I promise to be active for between 3 and 24 days. :twisted:
Invite sent.

Meal - we are at 30 guild members again with this. Not sure if there are any inactives you want to boot.
persself wrote:Pretty sure my game got hijacked or something. While waiting on support for my account link issue, I played a couple PvP matches. Won both, but on the 2nd one, instead of getting my rewards, it threw error code with some user name/password I did not recognize. Worst of all, I now cannot play on the pc, and of course not linked yet to tablet.

So guild, do not boot me!!! I am trying to get this resolved.
Hope your hijacker power levels your kingdom and brings lots of goodness to our guild! :p

We won't boot you... unless we get a really good bribe from someone. (Actually, I think only Meal can boot, guess he's the only one getting rich booting you...).

Seriously though, hope they get you fixed quickly!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FWIW, I tried some kind of battle in the guild wars and got my ass handed to me. Should I just be coasting in that regard and let you higher level guys feed me goodies? :D Tell me what I can do to contribute if anything (other than buying all the kingdoms and leveling them up)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:FWIW, I tried some kind of battle in the guild wars and got my ass handed to me. Should I just be coasting in that regard and let you higher level guys feed me goodies? :D Tell me what I can do to contribute if anything (other than buying all the kingdoms and leveling them up)
Best guess would be to look at your opponent's rank, if it's more than 10-20% higher than yours, hit the skip this guild button (don't think you can skip a player in a guild). Though I don't think you are hurting the guild if you lose (I don't know for sure if losing is worse than not participating though; haven't researched and it's too new for my extremely limited powers of observation to have noticed).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Making any progress in this game feels soooooo sloooooooow. Even with a +50% souls, doing 3 treasure maps/day, and using Valkyrie's soul ability every chance I can in combat, gaining enough souls to level a party member seems to take forever. I can't even imagine how long it's going to take when I have higher level characters.

It seems that I'm about where I should be, as equal level characters in PVP have around the same (or lower) Power ranking. The whole process just feels like it takes ages. Probably need to re-evaluate if I'm up for a grind of this magnitude.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

I thought it was a legendary dragon troop that was going to drop but it's a Mythic Dragon and it's the only one in the pool for Glory, Gem and VIP chests this week. Should be in event chests next week. But, it's a mythic so take that with a grain of salt.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Aaaaaand I got it in my 1st batch of gem chest. Wheeeeeeee
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I should have come here to ask before, but I finally figured out how to get to the guild wars area. I just went 5-0 against the first guild and we took the lead on them and now there is another guild. Interesting.

I will try to keep up with them now each week.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Skinypupy wrote:Making any progress in this game feels soooooo sloooooooow. Even with a +50% souls, doing 3 treasure maps/day, and using Valkyrie's soul ability every chance I can in combat, gaining enough souls to level a party member seems to take forever. I can't even imagine how long it's going to take when I have higher level characters.
That is the nature of all of these types of FTP games. The grind is there to encourage you to spend real money as a short cut. Still this is one of the best of these types of games Ive seen, at providing free and easy to acquire resources, especially through guild rewards. Of course the stronger your team gets the easier it is to farm resources, so there is that but in truth it's a grind without a doubt.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Have been playing this for just a bit. Have my guy up to level 11.
Havent changed troops. Havent changed weapons. Havent upgraded anyone or anything. Havent cashed in any money or souls or anything.

Because I cant figure out how. Did some searching, but answers allude me.
I just jump in and start going to battle. Almost done with the first town.

If joining the guild would do anything for me or help you guys, I'd join. I'm stimpy 1
If not, I'll just keep slogging away until things become clearer as to what the hell I'm doing.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The Meal wrote:Always worth claiming the Seals as soon as you earn them. However, the prudent thing to do is to not spend them until we have a week when the guild gets over 10,000 seals in the week, as that's the tier that unlocks the highest level troops and rewards. We're a bit overdue to focus on getting to that 10,000 Seal level and with the renewed interest due to Guild Wars being unlocked I'm guessing we'll have one of those weeks soon. I'd propose doing so next week, except that I'm away on travel at the end of the week and know that in the past it's been hard for me to earn to the 1,500 Seal cap (but if the guild gets to 10,000 Seals without me getting my 1,500's worth, then by all means spend those Seals). Realistically I'll propose going all out for Seals in two weeks' time (the week starting 5/8).
We're only 615 shy of 10k right now. I'm taking a break, someone else get the rest (or at least claim your seals).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
persself

Post by persself »

stimpy wrote:Have been playing this for just a bit. Have my guy up to level 11.
Havent changed troops. Havent changed weapons. Havent upgraded anyone or anything. Havent cashed in any money or souls or anything.

If joining the guild would do anything for me or help you guys, I'd join. I'm stimpy 1
If not, I'll just keep slogging away until things become clearer as to what the hell I'm doing.
Top 10 Tips for Beginners:

Consider bookmarking Tacet's youtube channel; he has numerous helpful GoW videos.
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

persself wrote:
stimpy wrote:Have been playing this for just a bit. Have my guy up to level 11.

Top 10 Tips for Beginners:

Consider bookmarking Tacet's youtube channel; he has numerous helpful GoW videos.
I've been looking at that, from an earlier post.
He starts out with a good, easy tip, but then it seems he starts talking like the viewer is already familiar with the terms and workings of the game.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

On the main screen select troops.

On the left are your teams, on the right are your cards.

Drag cards from the right to the listing on the left. To put a card on a team.

Select a card and then select crafting. From here you can level the card up using souls, increase the rarity (ascension) using multiple copies of the card, or unlock traits using traitstones.
Do not disenchant, it's not worth it.

With a team selected, select hero at the top and you can add a weapon in a team slot. Your hero will be in that slot with that weapon as his spell.

Select Bonuses and you can change the banner for your team which give a boost to specific mana colors that you prefer for your team. You have to unlock kingdoms to unlock more banner options.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

coopasonic wrote:On the main screen select troops.

On the left are your teams, on the right are your cards.

Drag cards from the right to the listing on the left. To put a card on a team.

Select a card and then select crafting. From here you can level the card up using souls, increase the rarity (ascension) using multiple copies of the card, or unlock traits using traitstones.
Do not disenchant, it's not worth it.

With a team selected, select hero at the top and you can add a weapon in a team slot. Your hero will be in that slot with that weapon as his spell.

Select Bonuses and you can change the banner for your team which give a boost to specific mana colors that you prefer for your team. You have to unlock kingdoms to unlock more banner options.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.......
I swear I tried the dragging weapons last night and it didn't work.
And it looks like I haven't gotten any new troops as of yet. But at least now I can start noodling around. Thanks, coop.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Tao

Post by Tao »

10K Seals
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Posting from NYC,so apologies for anything I missed.

Kicked an inactive, but couldn't get stimpy's invite code to work.

Nice job on 10k seals!

Actually anyone losing a Guild Wars battle only provide less benefit than a winner. Still better than a non-attempt AFAICT. If someone has different info, please share.

Cheers.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Since we hit the 10k threshold I dumped thousands of accumulated seals. Zero mythics drawn. I am 0-fer many many thousands of keys from gem, event and guild keys, on mythics, over all. We are not amused.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

My invite code is all caps, if that matters.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I think all I got were metric crap ton of gold keys...was I supposed to get something else? I was saving seals up for....what exactly? What I am now supposed to be able to get that wasn't possible/easy before we hit 10K?

Thanks for patience, guys...I am leveling my kingdoms up slowly...have all to at least 2 now, and several to much higher.

Still getting wailed on when I defend though....not sure I ever win those.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I think all I got were metric crap ton of gold keys...was I supposed to get something else? I was saving seals up for....what exactly? What I am now supposed to be able to get that wasn't possible/easy before we hit 10K?

Thanks for patience, guys...I am leveling my kingdoms up slowly...have all to at least 2 now, and several to much higher.

You are supposed to cash your seals for guild keys not gold keys. Guild keys have a better troop drop scale by far than gold keys, once the guild accumulates 10,000 in one event week. I think you just got confused because Im pretty sure seals can only be traded in for guild keys and nothing else.

Do not fret at all about defensive W/L stats, they are not worth the worry. There are counters to pretty much every team and since offense gets to pick who they fight, people who fight you usually do so because they figure they have a good shot at you. Add in the fact that the AI plays your team with the skill of a drunken 6 year old and there's really not much you can do but throw out a decent defensive team and let the chips fall where they may. I run into high level players all the time who dont even bother to set up a D team. They just put one troop out so it's official and dont sweat it.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I think all I got were metric crap ton of gold keys...was I supposed to get something else? I was saving seals up for....what exactly? What I am now supposed to be able to get that wasn't possible/easy before we hit 10K?

Under the guild tab when you turn in seals they go into a community tally of all the seals turned in by the guild. The legend of possible rewards are on the right. At the 10k seal level you have a chance to get any card from common to mythic when you redeem a seal. At the 5k level There is zero chance of a mythic or legendary card. Seals in your bank carry over from week to week so you can save them until your guild gets to the level you decide you want to redeem at. Top end guilds hit the 40k level every week (With a cap of 30 members that's every single member averaging 1333 seals each week, which is crazy). The guild I'm in try to get the 20k level. When we do we all redeem our seals.

Don't worry at all about PVP defend teams. If you look at MineralsMan and Domovoy they are 2 of the top players in the game in 2 of the top guilds. Right now their defend records for the week is 10 wins and 15 losses and 6 wins and 12 losses. Even the very, very best lose 66% of the time.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Cortilian wrote: Hero - Spirit Staff - Can use a lot of cards here - Treant, Herdmaster,
Valkyrie
Alchemist
Druid
I don't have a druid yet, but I unlocked the Valkyrie/Alchemist combo this morning.

Damn. :shock:

I'm currently running with:
Hero - Elder Bow (only green weapon, doesn't interfere with cards below it)
Luther
Alchemist
Valkyrie
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just logged in to get my team to post and got a shit ton of various keys. I got 180 keys earlier from guild tasks and just now I got 243 more keys... cripes. Anyway...

I've settled in with:
Marsh Raptor
Naga Queen
Poison Master
Lamia

The order is in flux as I am trying different things. I hate losing the Marsh Raptor as he is a beast, well Naga, but the mana fills better this way. I had no difficulty getting to PvP Tier 1 with this team going against the middle option most of the time. In fact, the team is 9-34 on defense.

They have no real synergy except for giving the raptor some extra damage on his attack, which is beastly at low level, basically an instakill of most stuff - 21 damage to weakest enemy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, also got a MASSIVE drop from the guild today...wow. And as a result (also as a result of saving my seals like a good little boy, as peeps here suggested), I got my first legendaries...in fact 2!

Some Silencer guy (demon I think) and a mech dragon that was apparently created by Sparkgrinder ( and now using them together). Things are suddenly looking up!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Sir Gwayne is stupid. :evil:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Got my first legendary this morning as well. Borealis, some sort of frost dragon. At first glance, he doesn't look all that impressive, and I'd have to spend all my souls leveling him up before he would even be useful.

Do stats for legendaries improve better/faster than others?
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Skinypupy wrote:Got my first legendary this morning as well. Borealis, some sort of frost dragon. At first glance, he doesn't look all that impressive, and I'd have to spend all my souls leveling him up before he would even be useful.

Do stats for legendaries improve better/faster than others?
This is Borealis's stat boost by level: https://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6192

He is more of a support troop. Freezing all opponents is a skill that stops troop from the other team from getting extra turns either through 4 and 5 matches or through their powers. Useful to have on a team but not a tropp I would build around. He is used on a lot of dragon teams.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just discovered that this is not available for Kindle.
Bummer. Was looking forward to continuing my progress on the go.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

stimpy wrote:If joining the guild would do anything for me or help you guys, I'd join. I'm stimpy 1
I've been out of town, just got back today. Meal made room for you. I tried to invite, I found a "STIMPY", but not a "STIMPY1" nor a "STIMPY 1" (with a space). Is the 1 part of your ID or is just "STIMPY"?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zenn7 wrote:
stimpy wrote:If joining the guild would do anything for me or help you guys, I'd join. I'm stimpy 1
I've been out of town, just got back today. Meal made room for you. I tried to invite, I found a "STIMPY", but not a "STIMPY1" nor a "STIMPY 1" (with a space). Is the 1 part of your ID or is just "STIMPY"?
Unfortunately I won't be home for a couple of nights to double check, but pretty sure when I go to the Guild tab, it says that my invite code is "STIMPY 1".
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Just started playing this. Any room in the guild for me? I've been pretty addicted to it thus far but have not done any PVP or Guild stuff yet and would like to try some.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pretty sure I just set a new record for treasure map futility. 16 turns. :oops: Couldn't get an extra turn or decent cascade to save my life.

Unlocked another two classes last night (Archer and Machinist), but Warlord still seems to fit my team the best. Besides, I'm 150 wins in and want to get that weapon. :)

If I understand it correctly, the more kingdoms you have unlocked, the more cumulative amount you get in gold/gem master/tribute, correct? Or do you only receive that bonus for your "home" kingdom? If it's not cumulative, I just wasted a shitload of gold.

Also, are the "Explore" battles supposed to always be ridiculously difficult? I've tried 4 of them now, and each time, the opposing army has been at least double my team's strength. I had zero chance at winning...just wondering if that's by design (i.e. they're designed for higher level players).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Skinypupy wrote:Pretty sure I just set a new record for treasure map futility. 16 turns. :oops: Couldn't get an extra turn or decent cascade to save my life.

Unlocked another two classes last night (Archer and Machinist), but Warlord still seems to fit my team the best. Besides, I'm 150 wins in and want to get that weapon. :)

If I understand it correctly, the more kingdoms you have unlocked, the more cumulative amount you get in gold/gem master/tribute, correct? Or do you only receive that bonus for your "home" kingdom? If it's not cumulative, I just wasted a shitload of gold.

Also, are the "Explore" battles supposed to always be ridiculously difficult? I've tried 4 of them now, and each time, the opposing army has been at least double my team's strength. I had zero chance at winning...just wondering if that's by design (i.e. they're designed for higher level players).
I actually built up my experience by doing a lot of explore battles so I don't think they are designed that way. Either I've had amazing luck with them or you have had some bad luck with them.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zenn7 wrote:
Ah ha....After checking again, I think it is actually STIMPY _1, an underscore instead of space. Very hard to see the underscore.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

stimpy wrote:
Zenn7 wrote:
Ah ha....After checking again, I think it is actually STIMPY _1, an underscore instead of space. Very hard to see the underscore.
STIMPY_1 exists, invite sent!
Remus West wrote:Just started playing this. Any room in the guild for me?
You're in luck! Meal just did some housekeeping, we have 2 more slots (besides Stimpy's). Just need your invite code and we'll throw you an invite. If you get it on before midnight eastern tonight, I'll get you by/around then if someone doesn't beat me.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

any chance newcastles can get an invite?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Newcastle wrote:any chance newcastles can get an invite?
Magic 8 ball says... you will meet a tall, dark octopus. ???

Err, invite sent.

Meal - FYI, the 3 open slots are filled - Stimpy and Newcastle - invites sent, and Remus - waiting for his invite name to send.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Skinypupy wrote:Pretty sure I just set a new record for treasure map futility. 16 turns. :oops: Couldn't get an extra turn or decent cascade to save my life.

Maps - done 16 before. Might have done 14 once (think the start number of turns is 10 now, that was back when it was 8).

Kingdoms - each kingdom is checked separately for tribute. They start at 1% and increase by 1% per level of the kingdom (level 10 max, 10% max). You get the tribute for that kingdom. You can get tribute for multiple kingdoms. It is check every hour. I do not believe it will store up though (I could be wrong but doubt it). So if you get 1 tribute this hour and don't log in again for 12 hours, the other 11 hours won't get checked/added on. As you power the kingdoms up (getting cards for that kingdom, leveling the cards up, doing the traits - all add XP to the kingdom - get enough you start getting stars - one of the stars doubles tribute chance - new max of 20%; 5 gold stars doubles the kingdom bonus - you get a bonus - specific for each kingdom - when the kingdom gets to level 10 - magic, attack, life or armor - focus on the magic kingdom bonuses, by far and away the most useful). It's powering up your kingdoms that you need all those bazillion otherwise useless cards for. The tribute is different for each kingdom.

The home kingdom has double the tribute reward, still same chance (1% per level of that kingdom). Recommend changing your home kingdom to one that has tribute you more desire (more gold, more glory or more souls). Early on, might just be best to pick your highest kingdom though just cause you get the best chance of getting something period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zenn7 wrote:Kingdoms - each kingdom is checked separately for tribute. They start at 1% and increase by 1% per level of the kingdom (level 10 max, 10% max). You get the tribute for that kingdom. You can get tribute for multiple kingdoms. It is check every hour. I do not believe it will store up though (I could be wrong but doubt it). So if you get 1 tribute this hour and don't log in again for 12 hours, the other 11 hours won't get checked/added on. As you power the kingdoms up (getting cards for that kingdom, leveling the cards up, doing the traits - all add XP to the kingdom - get enough you start getting stars - one of the stars doubles tribute chance - new max of 20%; 5 gold stars doubles the kingdom bonus - you get a bonus - specific for each kingdom - when the kingdom gets to level 10 - magic, attack, life or armor - focus on the magic kingdom bonuses, by far and away the most useful). It's powering up your kingdoms that you need all those bazillion otherwise useless cards for. The tribute is different for each kingdom.

The home kingdom has double the tribute reward, still same chance (1% per level of that kingdom). Recommend changing your home kingdom to one that has tribute you more desire (more gold, more glory or more souls). Early on, might just be best to pick your highest kingdom though just cause you get the best chance of getting something period.
Helpful, thanks.

Got me a set of Dragon Armor now. 8-)