Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stimpy

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by stimpy »

The Meal wrote:Today's Guild Wars match up is against Kael's team. 8-)
How do I participate? I play nearly everyday, but feel like I don't contribute to the guild.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Guild ► Guild Wars ► Attack!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The Meal wrote:Guild ► Guild Wars ► Attack!
I kinda figured that out last night.
First battle was overly easy.
Second battle......not so much. Got creamed.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Anyone have a really strong Darkstone and/or Human team they want to share. Once again I find myself struggling to create real synergy from this week's bonus troops/kingdom.

Partly because so few of my troops are fully traited, and partially because I have really split up my souls into a wide reach of troops. I don't have one card at lvl 20 for instance.

Also, does anyone else think the map and match 3 board is ridiculously too big on anything but a mobile phone screen? Wow, I have to move my head way back from the iPad (and I don't have the huge one, the next size down), and the PC is almost comically big! I wonder if it's a bug, because the actual gems in the match 3 part (on my 1900x1200 sized 24" monitor) are literally more than an inch in diameter. Crazy.

Anyway, I am currently trying out:

Hag
Watcher
Dimetraxia
Psion

and

Knight Coronet
Alchemist
Dimetraxia
Hag
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Also, does anyone else think the map and match 3 board is ridiculously too big on anything but a mobile phone screen? Wow, I have to move my head way back from the iPad (and I don't have the huge one, the next size down), and the PC is almost comically big! I wonder if it's a bug, because the actual gems in the match 3 part (on my 1900x1200 sized 24" monitor) are literally more than an inch in diameter. Crazy.
For old farts like me, it's a Godsend......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I prefer the iPad (9.x") to the iPhone7+ screen.

/oldster
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The Meal wrote:I prefer the iPad (9.x") to the iPhone7+ screen.

/oldster
Hush, child.

I use my iphone 6+ just fine and I need reading glasses. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I know at least a couple people here have Famine, so just wanted to share my new "go to" team, which I think has excellent synergy.

Ironically, neither of the most powerful cards are traited, neither Famine nor Sekhma. But the other two, Dryad and Giant Spider, each have a trait that is crucial to making this team work, namely, GS' Magic Link (bonus purple gems, which almost always powers up Sekhma in one shot), and Dryad's Nature Link, which helps to power up Famine (and to protect him via barrier while he powers up of course)

I'd love to hear some feedback if anyone wants to try it out against some of your nastiest opponents. :D

People say they hate going up against Famine, but IMO, he is nothing compared to a well timed 'Call of the Sun' by Sekhma. It's a bit harder to use (you really need to wait until you have blue gems near skulls and quite a bit of brown on the table), but almost always game winning.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

That team has a nice synergy. I have everything fully traited except Sekhma. I was able to easily beat several 9000+ teams with it/ Only real drawback is that it doesn't have a soul generator but it is a very effective team.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Glad that you tried it! Can't wait to see what it will do when all the troops are level 20 (and maybe a few additional traits I am missing).

Sekhma's 'Sun's Glory' trait seems crazy powerful: 'Gain 2 magic on all red gem matches'. Nuts.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

There is a new Mythic that looks really cool on Event and Gem chests this week. Burned all my event keys, gem keys and 5k gems. No mythic :(
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Cortilian wrote:There is a new Mythic that looks really cool on Event and Gem chests this week. Burned all my event keys, gem keys and 5k gems. No mythic :(
Yeah, I saw that today. I hesitate to burn those keys for fear of getting the comically overweight merchant prince. I have so many already, and he sucks as far as I can tell.

So you feed me a bit of gold? No thanks! I collect that already from kingdoms...how about getting off your fat butt and do something to contribute to the fight instead of throwing money around. Wow, you're rich. Who cares, fat man?! Got any powerful, face crushing offensive spells? No? Any buffs to help protect your teammates? No? GTF outta hee! :D
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Hmm according to my ingame news feed the new mythic is listed as being exclusive to glory, guild, vip and gem chests. Event chest were not in the list. This is on steam so maybe its different on other platforms but it looks like the new mythic is not in event chests at all. I did burn off some gems to try for it to no avail. Hopefully we hit a high enough level with guild keys so I can try for it there.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

rshetts2 wrote:Hmm according to my ingame news feed the new mythic is listed as being exclusive to glory, guild, vip and gem chests. Event chest were not in the list. This is on steam so maybe its different on other platforms but it looks like the new mythic is not in event chests at all. I did burn off some gems to try for it to no avail. Hopefully we hit a high enough level with guild keys so I can try for it there.
Yeah, looks like we will hit 10K this week, so I will wait and use my glory to get him then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

rshetts2 wrote:Hmm according to my ingame news feed the new mythic is listed as being exclusive to glory, guild, vip and gem chests. Event chest were not in the list. This is on steam so maybe its different on other platforms but it looks like the new mythic is not in event chests at all. I did burn off some gems to try for it to no avail. Hopefully we hit a high enough level with guild keys so I can try for it there.
That hurts. I burned like 200 event keys.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow, all of a sudden, all my kingdoms have been knocked down to level 1 and 2. I had a few 10's, but at minimum all were level 7 or 8. WTF?!

Anyone else?
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Wow, all of a sudden, all my kingdoms have been knocked down to level 1 and 2. I had a few 10's, but at minimum all were level 7 or 8. WTF?!

Anyone else?
Wasn't earlier. Just checked now, still all 10's.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Checked all my kingdoms. They are 10.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Weird, looks like me and a handful of people posting on the Steam forums for the game. I see nothing on the Gems of War official site board.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Aaaaand fixed. Wow, they work pretty quickly considering it didn't seem to be a widespread problem.
persself

Post by persself »

I think this week will make 3 weeks in a row we haven't reached 10k as a guild, unless 14 of the 29 members decides to do some rather heavy playing in the next couple hours.

Kinda frustrating for us newer players, as we will never get a chance at mythics at this rate.

I understand it's pretty old for the veterans; but I wish everyone would at least log in daily. That alone is worth 15/day, or 1470 extra per week from the 14 that have not played/logged in at all.

Rant over.
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

persself wrote:I think this week will make 3 weeks in a row we haven't reached 10k as a guild, unless 14 of the 29 members decides to do some rather heavy playing in the next couple hours.

Kinda frustrating for us newer players, as we will never get a chance at mythics at this rate.

I understand it's pretty old for the veterans; but I wish everyone would at least log in daily. That alone is worth 15/day, or 1470 extra per week from the 14 that have not played/logged in at all.

Rant over.
Not addressing the 10k part as I am part of a different guild with it's own issues but your best shot at mythic drop is going to be gem chests and event chests, fyi. Unless you want to spend money on VIP chests. I have been playing a little over a year now and have literally opened tens of thousands of chests and have pulled 4 mythics. 2 from gem chests and 2 from event chests.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

We are close to the 10,000 threshold. Hopefully some people have been sitting on seals and can turn them in. I do agree that the guild has stalled a bit over all. I alway log in at least once a day and while I don't grind like I used to I still usually get 800-1000 seals a week. Lately I've been grinding the events to get to the 3 bonus troops stage, every week. Since I can't draw a real mythic ( I did finally get one that I never use because it's a bit lame )

Regarding the 14 players not logging in, yeah some of those are likely completely inactive players that maybe should be weeded out.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I will say that if they do not fix the ridiculous amount of skyfall matches that seem to go my opponent's way, something that has been addressed a lot on the official forums, I am likely done myself. They changed something about 2 to 3 weeks ago and I have seen some insane drops. On 5 separate battles while grinding the event today I faced 5 massive skyfalls. They were all vs weaker teams that had no right to be even competitive against my team and while I didn't lose those battles I took heavy losses in all three and was down to 20 hp on my last troop in one. I can handle them in that scenario but its also happening in PVP. A few weeks ago I was winning pretty much all of my battles, now I am getting beat on a daily basis. The teams have not changed, it's the way the board has been playing.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm barely playing these days, so feel free to remove me if you need to free up a spot.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I like the keep the guild at 29 players so there is always an opening for folks who are actively recruiting. If we fill the last spot then I'll drop the longest inactive player at that time.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

The Meal wrote:I like the keep the guild at 29 players so there is always an opening for folks who are actively recruiting. If we fill the last spot then I'll drop the longest inactive player at that time.
Makes sense. There's no reason to open spots unless we have bodies to fill them.
Carpet_pissr

Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Really enjoying the team I've built around this week's bonus:

Urskatyr
Vodyanoi
Tuskar
Dryad (to boost Tuskars life)

I have to say though, I'm starting to gel around using only one team in Guild Wars. None of my other teams are nearly as powerful.

I am starting to level/trait them up slowly though. So far I have an:

Anti Dragon team (probably most powerful behind my 'best' team with Famine that I posted above)

Anti Undead

Anti Beast

Anti Knight

Anti Daemon

Anti Monster

Soul Farming team

Most of them have some pretty serious trait 'holes' that are core to the theme, but slowly getting there.

I'm almost finished with the quests (excepting the new kingdom) so when that's done, I will focus more on traitstone farming if that's even possible.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Is anyone else having issues with this week's guild wars? I registered for it last week and yet I can not enter to fight. It tells me that the next available guild war is in 12 days. Not sure what the issue is but it looks like I am locked out of guild wars for the next couple of weeks.
T

Post by T »

rshetts2 wrote:Is anyone else having issues with this week's guild wars? I registered for it last week and yet I can not enter to fight. It tells me that the next available guild war is in 12 days. Not sure what the issue is but it looks like I am locked out of guild wars for the next couple of weeks.
Yes I'm getting the same thing.
persself

Post by persself »

rshetts2 wrote:Is anyone else having issues with this week's guild wars? I registered for it last week and yet I can not enter to fight. It tells me that the next available guild war is in 12 days. Not sure what the issue is but it looks like I am locked out of guild wars for the next couple of weeks.
They had a message about it when I logged in yesterday; they are taking a look at it: most likely because of the "cascading bugs" found recently.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Cool thanks for the replies. It's good to know that it's not just on my end. Its great to know that they are addressing the "cascade bug" as well.
persself

Post by persself »

rshetts2 wrote:Its great to know that they are addressing the "cascade bug" as well.
Yeah, a couple days ago, after your post about "skyfall" I tried the 1st match in guild wars, and got the same thing. Theoretically, an inferior team to mine, but I lost due to all the cascading tiles of my opponent.

Then yesterday when I logged in for the new week, a message from the devs popped up about "taking a look" at guild wars and, hence, it will be down for a couple weeks.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

You guys still playing? I know Guild Wars is still down, but just wondering if that alone killed interest in the game? I try to hit my max seals every week, so a little disappointed we haven't done it in three or so weeks.

Still don't have all kingdoms at level 10 (I think I have 8 or 9 at Lvl 10) or I would contribute (but does contributing gold generate seals?)

And before I forget, trying this team for the bonuses this week, pretty strong:

Elven Bard
Krystenax
Alchemist (considering switching out for a more offensive troop, but he feeds two other troops with yellow mana)
Enchantress
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:You guys still playing? I know Guild Wars is still down, but just wondering if that alone killed interest in the game? I try to hit my max seals every week, so a little disappointed we haven't done it in three or so weeks.

Still don't have all kingdoms at level 10 (I think I have 8 or 9 at Lvl 10) or I would contribute (but does contributing gold generate seals?)

And before I forget, trying this team for the bonuses this week, pretty strong:

Elven Bard
Krystenax
Alchemist (considering switching out for a more offensive troop, but he feeds two other troops with yellow mana)
Enchantress
I've seen several variation of that team in PVP, Ive seen that exact team several time but in most variations, it's the alchemist that gets swapped out. I believe Princess Elsbeth is a popular choice in that spot.

Im still playing but yeah participation is clearly down. Over half of our guild is inactive and has been for awhile. Its doubtful that without new blood, we will hit the 10,000 seal threshold with any regularity, especially with Guild Wars down. I have noticed that they must have adjusted the cascade bug because the skyfall has not been as brutal as it was the past 3 weeks or so.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Still don't have all kingdoms at level 10 (I think I have 8 or 9 at Lvl 10) or I would contribute (but does contributing gold generate seals?)
No seals for gold donation, just the stuff we get from the various donations (treasure maps, keys, souls, glory, diamonds).

I have been winding down personally. Mostly just play lately to keep my wife in maps. I try to log in daily and get at least 1 level early on of PVP (get a trivial amount of glory that way). Only worth couple 100 seals a week probably and 100,000 gold maybe tops.

I'd say kick me, but I think even that low level of activity puts me in the upper 1/2 of the guild.

Don't think anyone would be offended if you left for a more active guild.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I'm on travel right now so my participation is down. We've sort of returned to the pre-Wars boon in participation levels (i.e., no 10k seals without a concentrated effort).
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zenn7 wrote:I'd say kick me, but I think even that low level of activity puts me in the upper 1/2 of the guild.

Don't think anyone would be offended if you left for a more active guild.
Yeah, I will probably do this. Don't plan to play MUCH longer, but am kind of curious to see if the game has legs at level 200+.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

It appears one of the troops you can get with event keys this week is Gorgotha. I burned my event keys to get the new legendary troop and in the process picked up 4 Gorgotha covers which allowed me to make him mythic. Just figured a heads up was in order. If you have event keys to burn and Gorgotha has eluded you, this is your chance to get him.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Thanks for heads up! Had no idea, and I have been wanting him for a while.