Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ColdSteel

Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by ColdSteel »

I was a bit surprised to see there was no thread for this game. It's the latest Match 3 by Infinite Interactive, the creators of Warlords 1-4, Warlords Battlecry, Puzzle Quest, Puzzle Kindoms, etc. I loved all of their previous games but had avoided trying this until now because of the "gold cost to battle" complaints. However, they've just made a big change at the end of January to remove that stuff and so I decided to hop in.

So far it's very similar to their other games (art, music, gameplay) with some interesting additions. I'm only up to level 8 but I think I may be spending some time with this. One really nice think if you play it on Steam is you don't have to create an account, it uses your Steam account. All I had to do was install and start playing. Nice. The mixed ratings seem to be a result of the gold issue and not the game itself which people like. Hopefully it will be better regarded with the recent changes.

The Steam page is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/329110/.

So is anyone else playing this? What do you think of the changes?
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
ColdSteel

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by ColdSteel »

Well, it's definitely extremely addictive, that's for sure. It's very much like Puzzle Quest with a lot more stuff added. I played it up to level 15 last night. I finished the main quest chain for the first kingdom and unlocked the epic troop (Luther) they give you as the reward.

I have two of my 4 active troops (the goblin and Luther) up to level 4. You get a good number of souls from playing the challenge battles in each city and those are used to level troops. I haven't been able to unlock any new traits yet though.

I've unlocked 2 other cities now and am working on their quests. I have not noticed any pay 2 win stuff intruding at all. Without having to pay game gold for each battle anymore, you can play as much as you want with no restrictions on numbers of battles per day. There sure seems to be a lot to do and I think I'll certainly be playing this for a while. I'm assuming OO has no guild so maybe I'll see if the Quarter to Three guild will take me in.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

Yep, Qt3 guild has room and been playing for quite a few months there. (have to keep it quick due to post limit)

Even when you spent gold for battles, you could win plenty through PvP matches to basically play it unlimited with no real money pay. They have made some nice improvements along the way and I still play it almost daily.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Hey thanks, Kelan. And welcome to OO. I lurk religiously on Qt3 and have seen your posts there. You seem to like many of the same types of games as I do.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Apparently it only takes one person to create a guild in this game so I went ahead and created the "Chupacabra" guild. I guess this will be the default OO guild. If anyone is playing and wants in let me know.
T

Post by T »

I'm in the Qt3 guild too and they just booted a bunch of inactives. I say join there first. It is a great game and they continue to improve it.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:I'm in the Qt3 guild too and they just booted a bunch of inactives. I say join there first. It is a great game and they continue to improve it.
Yes, thanks, I considered doing just that but I don't really have any way of making the request or giving them my invite code.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I played a bunch a while ago. Months I think? I didn't find gold to be a problem but just eventually tired of it. I had several cities unlocked, but it just seemed to get somewhat tediously grindy. I should check it out again, and see what's new.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

It was free on the PS4 and XBoxOne some time ago and I played it for a while but got bored as well. Being the Curmudgeon Single Player Luddite I wasn't interesting in any of the multi options in the game so that probably didn't help with wanting to spend more time with it. :( I did enjoy Puzzle Quest, however.
-mf
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Baroquen wrote:I played a bunch a while ago. Months I think? I didn't find gold to be a problem but just eventually tired of it. I had several cities unlocked, but it just seemed to get somewhat tediously grindy. I should check it out again, and see what's new.
I haven't played before so I'm not sure what the new parts are. I think the Arena is new, maybe treasure maps as well. There seems to be plenty to do. I'm getting close to level 35 now so still just a rank beginner.

There is certainly a major Pokémon component to the game since finding troops for your teams and then finding the optimal team compositions and skill/equipment set is key. There's a quest series for each city and when completed, each one awards you an epic troop card, some of which are very nice and useful. I just got Sparkgrinder from Adana yesterday and he's become the keystone for a really effective team that I haven't lost with yet. He can add defense and attack to a selected troop and uses red and gold mana.

I also include an alchemist in that team that can turn all gems of a color of your choice to gold gems. Once I get that train going I can just keep buffing my tank until damage gets insane. I finished a legendary challenge battle last night with him doing 31 default damage. I also use the default goblin in the team because his skill has an extremely low cost and he gets a free turn after he uses it. That said, I think I'd like to replace him with a skeleton because I think that would be better synergy with this team. It's a common card and I have quite a few cards now but I still don't have a single skeleton. On the other hand, I got 6 priestess cards in less than 5 minutes, Go figure. I also have another team that features two rock worms and that is crazy fun. It's kind of inconsistent but when it works, it's awesome.

I started trying PvP as well and it's really fun. It may be called PvP but you don't seem to actually play against another human. Instead, when you defend against an attack, the game AI is using the team that you set as your defense team to defend against the attacking player. So when you invade a player, you'll see the name of the other teams player and their troops but the AI is running them. If your AI defend team wins a battle then a flashing icon shows up over your home city to notify you and when you click it the battle results and any rewards earned are shown. If you lost then they take some of your gold which you can get back by attacking them in a "Revenge" match. It's really cool and you can will a lot of gold pretty quickly in PvP, especially Revenge battles.

So far I haven't tried the Arena so I don't know what's up with that. There also seems to be new kingdom leveling mechanics that were introduced in this latest patch. There's now several types of kingdom leveling, one of which is kingdom power and that involves leveling up your city's troops and unlocking their traits. All of that's expensive and takes time so I haven't done much of it yet.

I hit 7 gem matches in a row in one of my battles yesterday and was awarded my first treasure map as a reward. I tried it out and basically it's like the treasure mini-game in Puzzle Quest 2. You have 15 turns to grab as much treasure as you can by matching and upgrading stuff on the battle map. Matching 4 keeps the turn counter from ticking down. Matching several in a row increases your turn counter by one. I think at one point I had 20 turns remaining so it lasts longer than it appears. I ended up with over 1,000 gold and a bunch of souls when it was all done. Fun stuff.

So far I find the battles and the troop collection and meta stuff very fun. There seems to be plenty to keep me occupied for a long time. I think this is by far Infinite Interactive's best Puzzle Quest game. They've really refined everything that worked well in the previous games and added some fun new mechanics. I hope the game is doing very well so they can make Warlords 5 at long last.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

One of the recent changes was you can upgrade your troops not only with new abilities, but to increase their rank. I found out I had a bunch of the default goblin guys that you were talking about and was able to increase him a couple times and he is now a Level 18 Epic with like default 11-12 attack and pretty high health/armor. I threw him in there in place of my character recently :).

I still run with my Luther, Vampire and the purple panther gal, forget the card name (the one that does more damage the more enemy total health they have). She weakens up one guy and I finish em off with my goblin or Vampire (who avoids armor and heals himself).

There really are a lot of ways to construct builds, though, and some of those cascading matching builds can really be fun.
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:I'm in the Qt3 guild too and they just booted a bunch of inactives. I say join there first. It is a great game and they continue to improve it.
Yes, thanks, I considered doing just that but I don't really have any way of making the request or giving them my invite code.
I can put in the request for you
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:I can put in the request for you
Thanks T. I also registered at Qt3 and put in a request in the thread over there.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

I suspect I must be doing something wrong in this game but I'm not sure what, exactly.

I see that all other folks in the Qt3 guild have over 100 troops, while I only have 50 troops. Even the folks that are lower level than I am have over 100 troops. I can understand RNG but to have 100%+ more troops at a lower level seems really odd. Am I supposed to be doing something different to get more troops that I'm missing? I'm using the keys I get while playing to open the chests to get troops. Is there something else I need to do? Or did the recent changes to the game just heavily nerf your chances of getting troops? If so, that's very discouraging.

Edit: Aha, I think I finally figured it out. You can actually buy Glory keys with Glory you earn in PvP and Kingdom tribute. Glory chests contain troops that are better than common rarity. I guess that explains why 99% of the troops I have are common. So, it was indeed something I was doing wrong.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

The keys used to be different, but even on the lower tier keys I have received some high end rarer troops.

Also, some people have been in the guild for many months and when we were more active you would get lots of gems and keys which would allow some of us to really gain a lot of troops. When the game switched over to the new key types, I had over 250 of the old keys that I just never bothered to cash in and when it converted, it gave me like 1000+ of the new ones :).
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Kelan wrote:The keys used to be different, but even on the lower tier keys I have received some high end rarer troops.
Yeah, I've just been reading about that. A lot of people seem to think they made getting troops harder with the new lower tier keys and my experience bears that out. I've used hundreds of those iron keys at this point and the only troops I've gotten are common and rare, nothing higher than that and most of those were repeats. Heck, I'm still looking for a single common skeleton troop to fit into my team. I do have the quest reward epics to work with, thank god, and so I've been able to cobble together something halfway effective.

When the PvP ladder reset yesterday I was able to get from rank 15 to rank 1 in less than a day with my el cheapo team. Still, some of the teams I went up against had these awesome legendary cards that were extremely scary. I was able to beat those 'super' teams about two thirds of the time but that other third just kicked my buttocks. It also seems like the higher I got on the ladder, the higher the level of the teams was I was facing and the better their cards were. By the time I got up to the 2nd rank, every team was at least 20 levels higher than my level 39 and had twice as much health and armor. Pretty tough when your troops have 10 armor and 10 health and the opposition troops have 20 health and 25 armor. I'm not sure how they get all of those high stats when they're level 60-80. I'm guessing maybe kingdom bonuses and troop composition bonuses.

I've been able to unlock some more Kingdoms and now only have 3 left to unlock. They get exponentially more expensive to unlock the more you have. My strategy has been to unlock as many as I can with my gold and upgrade them all to level 2 for gold immediately. That gives me a 2% chance of tribute from each one. It's a shotgun strategy but I think it's more effective than trying to level a single Kingdom at a time to a higher level. Once I get them all unlocked and to level 2 I'll start trying to level the ones that have the stats I want and also start upping the city power levels. I do have my home Kingdom at level 3 though since it gets double bonuses. In general, there's a lot to learn about this game and I'm enjoying the process.
T

Post by T »

I am rather low level even though I have been playing since release, but I have over 100 troops due to the guild. I started playing MPQ at the same time and was more drawn into that. I did log in every day and get the gold rewards and contributed to the guild and built up my troops that way. Hopefully we can get more active guild members.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Just started playing this. Pretty dang fun so far. Beat all the quest in the 1st area. Working on the 2nd.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Cortilian wrote:Pretty dang fun so far.
Yeah, this is the most fun match 3 game I've played. It has quite a few layers to it and a lot of meta for the troop combinations and bonuses. For a while I didn't even realize you got bonuses from having team members from the same kingdom or of a similar type of troop. My current A team are all getting +2 life from having 2 troops from the same city. Also, I'm happy to say that I finally found a skeleton, which was the very last common troop that I didn't have. So, now I have all the commons.

I got the "Imp of Love" glory reward chest yesterday so now I have my first legendary card. Unfortunately I don't have enough souls saved up to level him to a point he'd actually be useful. That and I don't have any other elemental troops to pair him with. I also finally got all kingdoms unlocked yesterday. Now to level them up so that that tribute starts to roll in more frequently.

The guild is certainly helping with the rewards from tasks. I was able to get several troops I didn't have from using glory keys that were part of a guild task reward. I can see how having an active guild could really help speed progress for newcomers. Hopefully the guild picks up speed a little bit now that it has a few new members. I'm contributing as much as I can but am broke most of the time due to kingdom upgrades. Hopefully now that I have them all unlocked I can start increasing my gold income more as I level them up.
T

Post by T »

Don't forget units have traits that can be leveled and it can be very useful. My goblin has a trait that gives +green on matches. That and the +2 green flag means my goblin fires at every green match-3, and he gets a free turn after. He does a lot of damage every game.

And leveling a kingdom to 10 gives a bonus in a stat to all troops - at least I think it works this way. It costs a lot of gold, but it's a potent upgrade. Right now I'm working on a kingdom that gives +1 to magic since my main team has good health and board shakeup, but lacks some offensive punch. That will mean my goblin with do 8 damage. There are 2 kingdoms that give +magic. Next I will focus on +attack.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Don't forget units have traits that can be leveled and it can be very useful.
Yeah, I actually have the first trait on my goblin unlocked but don't have enough traitstones to get the 2nd and 3rd traits. He's the only troop I've wanted to unlock traits for that I've actually been able to unlock one. I have a ton of traitstones but most of the troops I want to unlock traits for have 3 types that are needed and I just don't have enough of each type.

I got a goblin shaman from a chest last night so I'm getting closer to being able to field an all goblin team. That should be fun.

I've unlocked all 20 kingdoms and have gotten the ones with the tribute types I want up to level 3 so far. I'm broke so it's going to take a long time to get any one kingdom to level 10. I think I read it costs over 100K gold to do that for just one kingdom.
T

Post by T »

The Goblin Shaman is part of my main team and he's great. He creates green for the Goblin and gets a free turn. You also get the +2 life for the team for having two troops from the same kingdom. If you slot a third troop from that kingdom it's +6, I might give that a try.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:If you slot a third troop from that kingdom it's +6, I might give that a try.
Plus, if 3 of them are Marauder troops you get the Marauder Captain bonus: +2 Attack
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:My goblin has a trait that gives +green on matches.
I'm trying to get to that trait, currently. It's the 3rd trait and I'm stuck on the second because I need 1 more runic nature traitstone. I've been grinding the first challenge in Forest of Thorns to get nature traitstones and I've gotten a ton of them, but all but one were of the minor or major variety. Is there a better way to do this? How did you get yours?

Edit: Ha, it finally dropped for me and then I was able to immediately get the third trait. You're right, it's awesome. I was also finally able to get an ultra rare hobgoblin from a key from a map I got while grinding. So, I now have an all goblin, all marauder team and the bonuses from that are tremendously good.
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:My goblin has a trait that gives +green on matches.
I'm trying to get to that trait, currently. It's the 3rd trait and I'm stuck on the second because I need 1 more runic nature traitstone. I've been grinding the first challenge in Forest of Thorns to get nature traitstones and I've gotten a ton of them, but all but one were of the minor or major variety. Is there a better way to do this? How did you get yours?

Edit: Ha, it finally dropped for me and then I was able to immediately get the third trait. You're right, it's awesome. I was also finally able to get an ultra rare hobgoblin from a key from a map I got while grinding. So, I now have an all goblin, all marauder team and the bonuses from that are tremendously good.
Don't recall how I got it, probably from the massive amount of keys I got from the guild that stockpiled due to me being lazy about opening them. Treasure maps might be another source as they give keys too.

Ya, I forgot about the marauder bonus too. I have the Goblin, Goblin Sham, Behemoth and Deep Borer as my team. If I replace the Borer with the Goblin rocket I think I get the Marauder bonus too. Thing is the Borer generates brown for the Behemoth, and his destroy column generates AP and causes cascades too. I'll get the Rocket at some point, but I want to put the souls elsewhere now, like a legendary single damage character.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Right now I'm working on a kingdom that gives +1 to magic since my main team has good health and board shakeup, but lacks some offensive punch.
I've been working on this myself, just got the kingdom I've been working on to level 10, and now have +1 magic as a result. I guess I should do that for the other +1 magic kingdom now.

I've also been thinking a lot about which armor to choose as my first major armor. I'm torn between Celestial and Dragon armor. In 1.08 the amount of souls to level your troops is huge and really hard to come by so at first it seemed like Celestial was a no-brainer with +100% souls. But I've been reading that with gold now being such a premium (to level your kingdoms and contribute to guilds), it's actually maybe better to get Dragon armor instead. Now I'm really having a hard time deciding. Of course there are those that say "get both", but at 500 gems per pop, that ain't happenin'. Anyone got any advice on this? Is there a consensus?
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:Right now I'm working on a kingdom that gives +1 to magic since my main team has good health and board shakeup, but lacks some offensive punch.
I've been working on this myself, just got the kingdom I've been working on to level 10, and now have +1 magic as a result. I guess I should do that for the other +1 magic kingdom now.

I've also been thinking a lot about which armor to choose as my first major armor. I'm torn between Celestial and Dragon armor. In 1.08 the amount of souls to level your troops is huge and really hard to come by so at first it seemed like Celestial was a no-brainer with +100% souls. But I've been reading that with gold now being such a premium (to level your kingdoms and contribute to guilds), it's actually maybe better to get Dragon armor instead. Now I'm really having a hard time deciding. Of course there are those that say "get both", but at 500 gems per pop, that ain't happenin'. Anyone got any advice on this? Is there a consensus?
Congrats on your first 10 kingdom! Mine is almost 9, I will go for the other magic one next too.

I got the dragon armor, it was the recommended one even before gold was used for kingdoms. I'm no expert though. As far as gems go, I bought $5 of gems a few months after I started playing just to support the devs. I just bought the 15 gems every day for 15 days for $5. I use money from the Google rewards app where you take surveys.

If you haven't already, check out the video on the GoW home page about what they've done to heroes in 1.09, which is due out very soon. It looks real good.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:If you haven't already, check out the video on the GoW home page about what they've done to heroes in 1.09, which is due out very soon. It looks real good.
Yes, I've very glad that the hero is getting some love in the next patch. I've been totally ignoring mine with my all goblin team. The bonuses are just too good to have the hero mess them up. I am a bit sad that I may have to retire the goblins once 1.09 is out. That new Freeze trait is really going to mess them up good.
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:If you haven't already, check out the video on the GoW home page about what they've done to heroes in 1.09, which is due out very soon. It looks real good.
Yes, I've very glad that the hero is getting some love in the next patch. I've been totally ignoring mine with my all goblin team. The bonuses are just too good to have the hero mess them up. I am a bit sad that I may have to retire the goblins once 1.09 is out. That new Freeze trait is really going to mess them up good.
I don't use my hero in my goblin team either. There's already a counter to goblins, the GobChomper has a 40% chance to consume a goblin. I'm sticking with my goblin team. I really don't think I have enough leveled units or souls to put together another team soon. I am going to see how the meta shakes out after 1.09 and start to make another team. True damage skull teams are the strongest teams now. I might go for that as I have a Keeper of Souls. My longer term goal is to get my VIP level to a point where I get free scouting and can then pick what team to counter with.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I am glad to hear they are doing something with the heroes. Even my basic goblin that I have upgraded to epic is way better than my hero (12 vs 6 attack) and more shield/hit points too.
T

Post by T »

It's real nice that you can assign a hero to a kingdom, give it traits and a new skill (can't think of the exact name), such as archer or defender.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

I really like all the stuff they've added for heroes. I think they're headed in a really good direction with that. I was a bit dismayed, however, to see how many souls are going to be needed to level your hero though. It's made me think I may have to get celestial armor instead of dragon, just for that alone.

I just wish I could get some decent cards so I can put together a good team other than my goblin team. I'm over level 70 and still haven't seen a single legendary card drop and only a few epics. And all but one of the epics that dropped I already had a copy of from the kingdom quests. I have no idea how people are able to get all those legendary cards in their teams. Heck, I'd settle for some more ultra-rares. There are still a lot I don't have. I know glory keys are probably my best bet but I've had terrible luck with those. You seem to get very few troops from those. Most of them result in trait stones, gold, glory, a few souls, anything but troops. I opened 20 glory chests the other day and got 3 troops. All of them rares that I already had. I think maybe I'm just cursed with bad RNG luck.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

And (of course) right after I'm whining about not ever getting a legendary troop to drop, one drops. I just knew that would happen. It's Celestasia. Which is pretty good I think. She might work well with my Valkyrie soul farming team.
T

Post by T »

Great! Also, consider gem chests. I believe it's 4X the chance for a legendary. I could be wrong, but I don't think legendaries are mandatory to be competitive, even low end troops - such as the goblin and skeleton - can be useful.

I have 900+ gems now from purchases and the guild and I need to make a choice to get the 9000 souls for 900 gems or use them on gem chests to get more troops. I could use it for both, but I will get far fewer souls. I'm waiting for 1.09 to see what gets changed before I make a decision.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Yeah, I haven't been doing any gem chests at all because I've been saving every gem I could get for armor. I do plan on using them for that afterwards.

Souls are my biggest concern for 1.0.9. They seem to be making them a bigger and bigger premium. They are boosting the amount you get from the Arena but I don't do Arena at all. It costs too much, takes too long and the result is pretty much RNG. There won't be any other soul boost though so farming them will remain about the only way to get them in any amount.
T

Post by T »

I don't do arena either, I'm just PvE atm. Once you finish off all of the kingdoms, I guess the only option for souls is PvP. One thing I hate about PvP is losing gold when you are attacked. They should add more PvE events like MPQ.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Once you finish off all of the kingdoms, I guess the only option for souls is PvP.
You can continue to do the Kingdom Challenges, even after you finish them. You don't get the +100 extra souls you get the first time through but you still get normal souls and gold. So you can find an easy one to do and just farm it over and over with your farming team. My Valkyrie/Alchemist team averages 60+ souls and about 200g per battle that way. It's an alternative to PvP where you don't get any souls at all, just gold (and not really that much gold, either). How exactly are you getting souls in PvP?
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:Once you finish off all of the kingdoms, I guess the only option for souls is PvP.
You can continue to do the Kingdom Challenges, even after you finish them. You don't get the +100 extra souls you get the first time through but you still get normal souls and gold. So you can find an easy one to do and just farm it over and over with your farming team. My Valkyrie/Alchemist team averages 60+ souls and about 200g per battle that way. It's an alternative to PvP where you don't get any souls at all, just gold (and not really that much gold, either). How exactly are you getting souls in PvP?
Thanks, I didn't know that. I've been thinking of putting together a farming team. I'm not sure about souls in PvP, I only did it way back when I started and don't recall if I got any souls. Are you sure PvP doesn't yield much gold? I heard it did.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Are you sure PvP doesn't yield much gold? I heard it did.
I guess it depends on what you mean by "much". I probably average between 300 and 1000 gold per PvP battle but most of the time it's around 400-500. Maybe you get more when your character is higher level? I've been running up the PvP ladder from rank 15 to rank 1 every week but it's a bit of a grind and I'm starting to get a little tired of it. I do it mainly for the 10 glory keys you get as the weekly reward. The rest isn't that helpful. I guess the trophies you win do help the guild level up though.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I do the PVP grind weekly but I spread it out over the week so it isnt that bad. You do get decent gold from it and you can get enough doable battles to get through it without too much trouble.

My team is not the Goblin team, although I do have a Goblin team set up as my defensive team. It helps keep the rif raf away. My team is Lady Sapphera, Kerebos, Rowaine and my Hero using Frost Reaver.

Frost Reaver takes out a column with credit for the gems and does 6 dam plus 2 per blue gem, skulls provide 1 damage. It hits the first opponent and can do a lot of damage. The Lady is a Vampire who does 6 true damage to any troop and then adds 4 life and 2 att to herself. Kerebos is a beast, he does 10 dam with a 25% devour. Devour is a one shot kill that adds your kill's life, armor and attack to Kerebos's totals. And Rowaine does 7 damage, boosted by her armour, split randomly among the opponents troops. If she is undamaged she does 17 pts.

This team is all 16 plus levels and has full color coverage. The down side is they are all higher grade troops and traits are really tough to get because even the first one requires runic traitstones. I have a pretty good record with this squad, its full on offense heavy and burns stuff down fairly well. Also if Kerebos devours, its almost an I win button as he becomes seriously strong once he does. Its a fun team to play.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?