Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

rshetts2

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by rshetts2 »

So far the forge is underwhelming. The resource cost to forge an Arcane traitstone is stupid bad. You have to give up two celestial stones, six runic stones and 400 souls. You are better off trying to grind the stone itself rather than grind the resources to make one. I really dont understand the point to this last update. Its seems like a big FU to me.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

rshetts2 wrote:So far the forge is underwhelming. The resource cost to forge an Arcane traitstone is stupid bad. You have to give up two celestial stones, six runic stones and 400 souls. You are better off trying to grind the stone itself rather than grind the resources to make one. I really dont understand the point to this last update. Its seems like a big FU to me.
Agree for crafting traitstones. The only interesting thing I see in the forge, that is not crazy bad 'value', is the ability to craft mythic troops.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Anyone interested in the latest troop? I'm finding the newest ones underwhelming.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

They're all pretty bad these days. Once in a while they'll have a really good one slip though the cracks but then it gets nerfed within a few days. I'm afraid the glory days of getting really good troops from the loyalty rewards is long gone. I also miss the days when you could get nice weapons from loyalty rewards.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
PLW

Post by PLW »

I'm honestly getting a little burned out, already. I feel like I've basically done everything you can do in the game, and now it's just the same again and again. What am I missing?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Remus West wrote:Anyone interested in the latest troop? I'm finding the newest ones underwhelming.
I built a team around him just for fun - pretty good:

Fire Lizard
Fire Giant
Desert Troll
Zephyros
PLW

Post by PLW »

I think I'm out. I wish there was a way to transfer my account or resources to one of y'all, but it seems to be linked to my email.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

My updated Soul farming team since I (FINALLY) got Dragon Soul:

Warlock
Warlock
Dragon Soul
Warlock

So much faster than the previous team I posted, not even funny. I also use this team for exploring now, and just crank difficulty down a bit.

I need to revise the team list I made before...some of those just don't work well, and I have gotten quite a few new troops since then that are better in those instances.

Tip:
If you are tired of the "Justice League" (Queen Mab + Justice in any form) kicking your ass, just make one of these and fear no more:

Emperor Khorvash
Amira
Giant Spider
Valk

Really, REALLY good counter for all the Justice/Mab madness going around.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Re-posting my team list from before, with recent changes (this is also to help me keep track since I don't have enough slots) Also adding my GW teams, by color, at the end, and a team to beat up on any Justice League teams you face (Mab + Justice). I also bolded any changes from last posting.

ANTI DRAGON - still struggling with this one, it seemed to work much better before, now not so much. I am trying to use Banshee instead of Green Seer, and might start using two Dragon Crunchers instead of Urska Savage:

Urska Savage or Dragon Cruncher (had Dragon Knight here at one point as well)
Dragon Cruncher
Green Seer or Banshee
Forest Troll

ANTI KNIGHT
Skeleton
Vampire Lord
Bunni Nog (if I had two of these, I would probably sub one in for Vamp Lord since he's not great)
Giant Spider (to feed three purples above)

ANTI HUMAN
Goblin
Ghoul
Deep Borer
Green Seer

ANTI GIANT:
Keghammer
Keghammer
Dragon Cruncher
Mercy

ANTI MECH
Blast Cannon
Ghiralee
Star Gazer
Justice/ another Blast Cannon/Lady Anariel/Sea Troll

ANTI DIVINE
Shadowblade
Crimson Bat
Valk
Giant Spider

ANTI CENTAUR
Atlanta
Wild Fang
Giant Spider
Rock Spirit/Alchemist/Kerberos/Great Maw

ANTI ORC
Dark Song
Famine (maybe another Dark Song here if you don't have Famine)
Sekhma
Giant Spider

ANTI DWARF (this one is not so effective if you are facing a dwarf with unbreakable or 100% skull damage blocking in the first slot - switch to True Damage team for those IMO)
Emperina
Astral Spirit
Spirit Fox
Psion

ANTI DAEMON
Ferit
Desdaemona
Dark Song
Valor

ANTI BEAST
Scarlett
Chupacabra
Scarlett
Forest Troll

ANTI GOBLIN
Gob Chomper
Gob Chomper
Rock Troll
Mercy

ANTI ELEMENTAL
Sparkgrinder
Dragon Cruncher
Dracos 1337
Templar or Banshee

ANTI MONSTER
Minogor
Minogor
Sunweaver (to boost Minogor)
Gob-Chomper

ANTI ELF
Elf Eater
Elf Eater
Rock Troll
Valk

ANTI UNDEAD
Archon Statue
Avina
AVINA
Giant Spider

My "A" Team, and the one I use for defense (usually win about 50 to 60% I guess)
Purple Green Bonus
Famine
Green Seer
Sekhma
Giant Spider

True Damage team (for those pesky dwarves with a crap ton of armor):
EK
Spirit Fox
Mist Stalker
Astral Spirit

GW:

Yellow team:
Talon Banner
Fire Lizard
Fire Lizard
Famine
Banshee

Red:
Fire Lizard
Dragon Soul
Chimera
Sheggra

Brown:
EK
Kerberos
Sheggra
Famine

Blue:
EK
GSpider
Mab
Mab

Green:
Chimera
Famine
Spirit Fox
Rowanne

Purple:
Kerb
Dracos
Wisp
GSpider

Anti Justice League:
EK
Amira (x2 would work here very well I think if you wanted to re-work the other troops, but this one works well for me as is)
GSpider
Valk
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Your list reminds me how much I want Famine. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on it last week (in the Soul Forge) so I expect I have to wait until it comes back.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Wow, I absolutely hate the new UI changes. Jarring and a completely different style from the rest of the UI. Plus it's not really any better in terms of functionality and may be worse. It sucks.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
T

Post by T »

Agreed, it's absolutely horrible. Much more difficult to read. Not to mention this game is such a resource hog, the game runs slow and it slows down my phone.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Some things are better, some are worse. I can see what they are trying to do, which is create some consistency in the design, whereas it had very little before (or just very shitty design on some platforms).

One neg is that the health/attack/level of troops (esp. in battle) are more difficult to discern quickly/easily now, since everything looks the same.

I am sure they will tweak the look based on feedback.

I am surprised to see they just completely redid some of the graphics, like redraw/recreate.
persself

Post by persself »

Well, I for one, can not play as long as I used to because the new design gives me eye fatigue...my eyes feel like they're about to go cross-eyed at any moment while playing.

After quitting the game, eyes return to "normal" after about 5 minutes, even while still on computer, just not playing THAT game.

I'm all for trying new UI's and overall designs, but this is the 1st time I can recall actually making me physically sick while playing. :x
Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I don't like that I have to tap into each troop to figure out what their mana charge up is.

The new app runs very quickly on my mobile device. Much improved over the previous version.

Still, I require some UI improvements if this is to remain my go to throne room game.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

The Meal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 pmthrone room game.
I have heard of this Game of Thrones. Somehow, this was not what I thought that was about. :think:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 pm
I have heard of this Game of Thrones. Somehow, this was not what I thought that was about. :think:
Tywin Lannister could say the same.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

The Meal wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 pm
Tywin Lannister could say the same.
Tywin got the point. He took it to heart. It was a crappy way to go.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Imp-ressive.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

So.....appreciate my time with the QT3 guild but would like to join an active one. How do I quit the current guild and find an active one to play with?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Tao

Post by Tao »

Happened to show this game to a non-gaming friend and she took a liking to it, was hoping she could get a guild invite to help give her a leg up in the early game. Looks like there are a few slots open. Game handle is Kimberly_TAFj
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I don't have it on my phone right now, but I can send an invite when I get home from work later if nobody else has a chance to before then.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Kelan, that would be great, thank you. :D
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

Sorry, I forgot last night! I will write it down this time! :)

EDIT: Okay, invite sent! Let me know if you have any trouble.
Tao

Post by Tao »

No worries and thanks again. :D
Tao

Post by Tao »

Anyone playing the new Guild modes, and more importantly anyone actually enjoying them?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Tao wrote:Anyone playing the new Guild modes, and more importantly anyone actually enjoying them?
Playing and enjoying. Guild wars alone was not enough to keep me interested. I thought these events mixed things up nicely.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Anyone still play this who's in the QT3 guild can throw me an invite? I accidentally quit the guild tonight. Thought I was on a different screen and was exiting the game.