Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ColdSteel

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by ColdSteel »

Yeah, I wanted another Gorgotha so I burned 30 event keys this week. Not only did I get another Gorgotha but I also got the Stonehammer dwarf mythic as well. My 3rd true mythic.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

ColdSteel wrote:Yeah, I wanted another Gorgotha so I burned 30 event keys this week. Not only did I get another Gorgotha but I also got the Stonehammer dwarf mythic as well. My 3rd true mythic.
Dammit! I burned all my event keys and no Gorgotha. Where do you find out what cards drop for a certain week? I'd like to have that reference for the future.

Oh, and BTW, my dwarf team for this week:
Rock Worm
Lady Ironbeard
Lord Ironbeard (had the bearded lady in here for a while, and it worked also, but felt I needed more offense)
Runesmith

I also finally found a decent defense team that wins a LOT more than I was before.
The Great Maw
Rock Worm
Rock Worm
Acolyte

Finally, my ANTI Dwarf team (which compared to my other "Anti" teams, is not very anti - just one troop is a dwarf slayer)/ Might be useful for anyone trying get the event bonus loot this week if you are exploring in dwarf land:

Runic Blade (Hero)
Emperina (dwarf slayer trait)
Sekhma
Giant Spider
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Where do you find out what cards drop for a certain week?
As far as I know, the only way to tell is to go the event keys screen and watch the troops that pop up every few seconds on the left of the screen. They're kind of random so you have to watch for a while. Eventually, Gorgotha's portrait will pop up (as well as all the others that can drop).
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I believe that all troops that are enhanced by the weekly event are included in the Event Key chests. These enhancements are given to troops from a specific kingdom, race or type. Im sure there is a listing somewhere of what troops are contained in each listed group but I havent checked for one as yet. The only reason I knew Gorgotha was available was because I saw his portrait pop on the event chest screen.

I did a bit of searching and found this bit on the GOW forums:
Event Chest - These are just like Gem Chests except any Legendary (in orange) or Epic is from the Kingdom of the week. The Ultra-Rares are typically from the Kingdom of the week, but rarely may be one of a few other Ultra-Rares. It is assumed that if the Kingdom has a base Mythic, then it has a 1 in 1000 drop chance.
So to find out what Legendary or Mythic troops are available, simply check the troop list from the Kingdom of the week. You can easily do that on the troop screen by selecting "all" in the troop filter and the specific kingdon in the kingdom filter. That will show you all troops in a specific kingdom, both owned and not owned.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

So my Stonehammer drop was 1 in a 1000? I never have luck that good but I guess I did this time. :shock:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow, it seems like everyone and their brother uses "Runic Blade" with their hero now. Has that replaced Creeping Death as best hero weapon in the game?
I've used both (almost exclusively in arena since I don't use my hero on teams for whatever reason), and it does seem to have an edge if you can get that ONE kill. More than one kill and maybe you are assured of a win.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

fyi if you need space, feel free to bump me. Not sure when I'll get back to playing this....but when I do i'll come back begging and crawling to be let in.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Newcastle wrote:fyi if you need space, feel free to bump me. Not sure when I'll get back to playing this....but when I do i'll come back begging and crawling to be let in.
Im sure it not an issue. We have plenty of long time inactives we can move before we need move anyone who is casual or on a break.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Wow, it seems like everyone and their brother uses "Runic Blade" with their hero now. Has that replaced Creeping Death as best hero weapon in the game?
I've used both (almost exclusively in arena since I don't use my hero on teams for whatever reason), and it does seem to have an edge if you can get that ONE kill. More than one kill and maybe you are assured of a win.
Its nice but I would have to build an entire new team around it as it would mess with my current team's color coverage. Creeping Death fits well because I have no other purple user in my group. Its pretty much a perfect fit as its 21 damage to all does great mop up duty for anything hanging on after Rowannes blast. The possible insta-kills are just icing on the cake.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I just downloaded this last week, and I've been playing a ton. Any chance there is room in the guild for me?

My invite code: TREW AERF
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

PLW wrote:I just downloaded this last week, and I've been playing a ton. Any chance there is room in the guild for me?

The Meal handles the invites. Im sure theres room and he will probably get you in asap but if he doesn't, maybe shoot him a PM in a day or two.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

rshetts2 wrote:
PLW wrote:I just downloaded this last week, and I've been playing a ton. Any chance there is room in the guild for me?

The Meal handles the invites. Im sure theres room and he will probably get you in asap but if he doesn't, maybe shoot him a PM in a day or two.
The opposite, actually. Just about anyone in the guild can invite, but I have to be the evil guy to kick folks out.

I tried to invite, this code specifically (case and spacing), but it could not be found:

Code: Select all

TREW AERF
My game is on iOS and I'm missing some of the additional features others are seeing on PC. I wonder if it affects my ability to find other players. Someone else (on the PC side), please give it a whirl. Thank you.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
PLW

Post by PLW »

I double checked. That's definitely the code. In on android if it matters.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I tried on PC but Trew Aerf shows as "does not exist". Now the strange thing is just "Trew" shows as a valid account. Is that possibly the actual invite code?

I believe your invite code can be different than your account name so maybe its just Trew.
PLW

Post by PLW »

My character name is trew, so could it just be aerf?

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

PLW wrote:My character name is trew, so could it just be aerf?

Aerf doesnt come up. My invite code is the first part of my character name, so I am guessing Trew is the right one. I sent an invite to Trew so let me know if it got to you. Also you can verify your invite code on the settings screen, it's located directly below the Quit button.
PLW

Post by PLW »

rshetts2 wrote:
PLW wrote:My character name is trew, so could it just be aerf?

Aerf doesnt come up. My invite code is the first part of my character name, so I am guessing Trew is the right one. I sent an invite to Trew so let me know if it got to you. Also you can verify your invite code on the settings screen, it's located directly below the Quit button.
Confused.
Last edited by PLW on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Ha! Found a forum post on it. Try TREW_AERF. Apparently, there is an underscore display issue on mobile.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Ok with the underscore, I got the invite out.
That means we have an invite out to someone named Trew, lol Im sure it will get ignored.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I'm in! Now I need to figure out how this whole thing works.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Heads up on the event keys. Emperor Korvach is available this week.
Carpet_pissr

Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by Carpet_pissr »

rshetts2 wrote:Heads up on the event keys. Emperor Korvach is available this week.
Yes - finally got him and promptly created a weekly bonus team around him.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

rshetts2 wrote:Heads up on the event keys. Emperor Korvach is available this week.
Whoa! Never got him before and would like to. Thanks for the heads up!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Looks like a legit chance of getting the guild over 10,000 seals this week if we focus on it.
PLW

Post by PLW »

The Meal wrote:Looks like a legit chance of getting the guild over 10,000 seals this week if we focus on it.
I think I'm going to hit my cap.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I played a lot of Puzzle Quest but never picked this up for some reason... until now

Is there an available slot in the guild?

Invite code is Exodor72_R6CA

Thanks!
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Exodor wrote:I played a lot of Puzzle Quest but never picked this up for some reason... until now

Is there an available slot in the guild?

Invite code is Exodor72_R6CA
Thanks!
Invite sent.

Meal, when you get a chance, please open another slot.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

We got to 10,000 seals.

I spent 7040 seals. In my sixth group of 50 guild chests, I pulled War! What is it good for?

[edit:]I kicked everyone who was inactive for > 60 days.
PLW

Post by PLW »

The Meal wrote:We got to 10,000 seals.

I spent 7040 seals. In my sixth group of 50 guild chests, I pulled War! What is it good for?

[edit:]I kicked everyone who was inactive for > 60 days.

What does it mean to spend seals?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

There's a guild chest which costs 20 seals a pop. The level of reward depends on how many seals the guild has earned that week. At the 10,000 seal level you've unlocked the highest tier rewards. (If we could get to 20,000 seals in a week, which we can't, then you eliminate the lowest tier rewards from the possible resultant output.) This week we're at the "Common to Mythic Troops" reward range. I don't spend my individual seals until we've opened up Mythics as a possible reward, which is how I ended up with War this time around.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Got the invite. Thanks!

I'm still starting out. I've cleared the questlines for two kingdoms and I've opened up a total of 4. Leveled my home Kingdom to 4 and the others to 2-3 to get some income and tributes rolling in.

I unlocked Tyri after finishing Zhul'Karl and now I'm addicted to treasure maps. It seems like a great way to farm traitstones early in the game.

As a newbie in the guild what's the best way for me to contribute?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Do not donate a lick of gold until all your kingdoms are maxed out. Remus West has to be getting pretty close to starting to dump coin on our task unlockings.

Do earn as many seals as you can each week. While the game is new and fun, I had no troubles getting 1,500 (the cap) each week. Now I'm somewhere in the 600 - 1000 range unless I press the issue.

Do join us in the guild wars section. If you happen to lose battles, it doesn't take away from our result. If you win battles it advances our cause.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Interesting. I thought they were just for the guild. I didn't realize you had to spend them individually, too. Cool.

For starting out, I've been really happy with the Arena, since it doesn't depend on how good your collection is. If I am careful, I can pretty much always get 8 wins, and that nets me lots of good rewards.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

New guys - FYI - tomorrow will be a good day for you. Guild rewards for the new week will give you LOTS of stuff (lots for a newer person).
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The Meal wrote:There's a guild chest which costs 20 seals a pop. The level of reward depends on how many seals the guild has earned that week. At the 10,000 seal level you've unlocked the highest tier rewards. (If we could get to 20,000 seals in a week, which we can't, then you eliminate the lowest tier rewards from the possible resultant output.) This week we're at the "Common to Mythic Troops" reward range. I don't spend my individual seals until we've opened up Mythics as a possible reward, which is how I ended up with War this time around.
Right now I have 4200 seals.
What can I do with them to help out the guild?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

stimpy wrote:
The Meal wrote:There's a guild chest which costs 20 seals a pop. The level of reward depends on how many seals the guild has earned that week. At the 10,000 seal level you've unlocked the highest tier rewards. (If we could get to 20,000 seals in a week, which we can't, then you eliminate the lowest tier rewards from the possible resultant output.) This week we're at the "Common to Mythic Troops" reward range. I don't spend my individual seals until we've opened up Mythics as a possible reward, which is how I ended up with War this time around.
Right now I have 4200 seals.
What can I do with them to help out the guild?
Seals are for your own use. How many we get as a guild each week determines what tier we reach. 10k is the most our guild ever reaches, save them til we do. Then, turn them all in. You just use them to open guild chests. They're like any other chest in that whatever you get is for you. There is nothing else you can do with them. The only benefit to the guild is how many the whole guild collects each week. Once you have collected them, they are yours.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Is there any reason to own multiple armors?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Maybe. Dragon and Celestial focus on different things: gold and souls. I'm still trying to get all kingdoms to level 10, which requires tons of gold, so until that happens, I'm wearing dragon armor to boost gold.

After that, I will consider buying and switching to celestial (more souls, less gold than dragon)
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Maybe. Dragon and Celestial focus on different things: gold and souls. I'm still trying to get all kingdoms to level 10, which requires tons of gold, so until that happens, I'm wearing dragon armor to boost gold.

After that, I will consider buying and switching to celestial (more souls, less gold than dragon)
Pretty much this. Until guild wars hit there was no real use for gold after getting your kingdoms all to level 10. Once that happened the real currencies became souls and glory. One would usually wear gold armor til all kingdoms were level 10 then switch to souls armor after.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Zenn7 wrote:New guys - FYI - tomorrow will be a good day for you. Guild rewards for the new week will give you LOTS of stuff (lots for a newer person).
I had no idea.

It took me a bit to notice the ! on the mail icon. Then I started clicking... :shock:

:D

I tried my first Guild War match this morning and it went... poorly. I think I need to level up a bit before I'll be at all competitive there.