[Telltale] Batman

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

[Telltale] Batman

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
MonkeyFinger

Re: [Telltale] Batman

Post by MonkeyFinger »

8-)
-mf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I like that portrait behind Bruce. I've never really read or seen anything about what happens to his parents. Maybe this series will finally reveal their story.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:I like that portrait behind Bruce. I've never really read or seen anything about what happens to his parents. Maybe this series will finally reveal their story.
Wait, something happened to his parents? I thought they lived on a farm in Smallville.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

That's Spider-Man, dude.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
tgb

Post by tgb »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:I like that portrait behind Bruce. I've never really read or seen anything about what happens to his parents. Maybe this series will finally reveal their story.
Wait, something happened to his parents? I thought they lived on a farm in Smallville.
They did until Smallville got nuked during WWII. Right before they sent him off to Capitol City in a 1941 Willys Americar.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I thought I was tired of the Telltale thing, but I really enjoyed Game of Thrones... and Batman is my guy, so I guess I have to be in... when it gets cheap on Steam after all the episodes are out.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Release Dates
Telltale's upcoming episodic Batman game will launch digitally for consoles, PC, and mobile devices in August, the developer confirmed today. The studio will announce the specific release date sometime next week through the game's "world premiere trailer."

Additionally, Telltale confirmed today that its new Batman game will be available at physical retailers on September 13 in North America (September 16 in Europe) by way of a season pass disc. This will include access to the first of five episodes, while you can download the remaining four over the internet as they become available. Warner Bros. is publishing the physical game, which will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Telltale also announced today that on July 23 during Comic-Con, Bruce Wayne/Batman voice actor Troy Baker will appear at an event where the game will be played on a big screen. People in attendance can shout out their dialogue choices to shape how the game plays out.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

August 2

Trailer at the link.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GamingTrend
While Telltale’s games have traditionally been single player only, ShackNews reports that the studio announced at San Diego Comic Con that it will be featuring a multiplayer mode called “Crowd Play,” where anywhere “from two to 2,000-plus people” can join in on the game. This multiplayer feature will be similar to the Jackbox series of party games, where players are given a link to a website on their computer or smartphone.

From there, viewers can make suggestions to the player at the controls, who will see what percentage of the other players pick each option. Depending on the mode the game is played in, the player at the controls can either add their vote or serve as the final say, in which case the other players can give thumbs up or down on their decision.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

[Telltale] Batman's episodes are separately listed in Steam or they are DLCs?

If I get that free episode 1 now and later purchase the game, does that means it'll be listed twice in Steam?
KDH

Post by KDH »

... Image

:o ... Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series

A new video (13m) from Telltale Games offers a summer 2017 update from the developer, promising new versions of no fewer than three of their episodic series. A pair of Telltale community managers bring us the news

Batman: The Telltale Series - The Enemy Within .... saying episode one of five will be available for download on August 8th. This includes gameplay footage and commentary from the developers on their plans.

Walking Dead series ... discussing the role of Clementine in the upcoming final season. They are less detailed about this release, just saying it's coming next year.

The Wolf Among Us: ... They cap off their series of announcements by borrowing the mean tweets concept to introduce a second series in The Wolf Among Us. After milking this, they offer a little footage and discussion of the series and its characters. The clip concludes with an expression of gratitude for fans that inspired the sequel, and word to expect this next year as well.
Ain't nobody got time for that
Nightwish

Post by Nightwish »

House Forester is dead. Long live House Forester.
me in OO -> just reading, but sometimes I do speak my mind
KDH

Post by KDH »

... Enlarge Image

PlayStation.Blog announces Batman: The Enemy Within will premiere on August 8th, and Steam confirms that this is also the Windows launch date for the first episode in Telltale's next series. They offer a launch trailer and some details from the developers on where they are taking the story this time. Here's a bit:
This time around, Batman will face off with a decidedly more vicious take on Riddler than we’ve seen in any other Batman canon. He has far less time for goofing around and much more of a penchant for pain. Beyond Riddler, there’s another major impending threat in play this season, something that we seeded in Batman: The Telltale Series with a character by the name of ‘John Doe.’ Internally, we refer to John as our ‘Proto-Joker’ — a man on the brink of madness who helped Bruce escape Arkham Asylum, only to come back this season with reason to believe that his ‘friend’ Bruce not only likes him but also owes him a favor.

We want fans to know that their relationship with John Doe (and eventually, the Joker) is something they’ll be affecting with the decisions they make throughout the season. As Batman and Bruce attempt to stop the immediate threat to Gotham, John will be watching your every move and learning from your choices. By the end of the story, you will have created your own version of Batman’s classic nemesis through your interactions.

:character-jestercolor: ... Batman: The Enemy Within - Launch Trailer | PS4
Ain't nobody got time for that
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just finished the PC version. The story was a decent Batman story. The characters were different, but it was an interesting take on them. The interaction was... irrelevant. Something like 80% of the action QTE buttons are just there for show and don't actually affect how the fight plays out. You can ignore the prompts and the fights will play out exactly the same as if you hit every one, with the exception of a life-or-death response here and there. That much was a real disappointment, as once you realize it, the gameplay outside of conversations becomes mostly passive. You're watching a cutscene with 'continue' prompts rather than playing a game.

I'm glad I played it, but that's from the perspective of a Batman fan, not a gamer. The Batman fan in me was entertained. The gamer in me was bored.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Nice summary, thanks. Will avoid.