NEO Scavenger

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paingod

NEO Scavenger

Post by Paingod »

It's a text-heavy, random number generator heavy, game of turn based post-apocalyptic survival. You'll start over, a lot, and try to get a little further. How will you die? Probably in many stupid, horrible, and unexpected ways. Will a random Dogman rip you apart? Will a scavenger equipped with a rifle find you wandering naked looking for shoes? Will you wake up in the middle of the night, blind, and surrounded by a pack of ravenous wild dogs? Yes to all of the above.

You wake up in a medical cell, dripping with cryogenic fluid, and immediately have to decide how to handle a vicious monster coming down the hallway. If you're Strong, you can grapple with it and win. If you're Athletic, you can leap out the window safely. If you're a Mechanic, you can force the door to jam shut...

Once you get out, you start looking for ways to stay warm, stay fed, and stay hydrated - while looking for clues about who you are and what's going on. You have a set number of actions per turn, determined by several aspects of your condition; from 0.0 (barefoot, drunk, bleeding, starving, blind, hypothermic, and dehydrated) to 5.0 (healthy, warm, well-fed, hydrated, wearing shoes, and with good visibility). You spend these action points crafting, moving, hiding, searching, clearing tracks, resting, etc.

Pros:
  • Complication. I love games with a lot to learn and a lot of different angles. For instance, creating the essential of fire can be done several ways. First, use sunlight focused through a glass object on dried twigs and sticks to start a fire - and then feed the fire each turn to keep it alive through the night. Second, if you took the "Trapping" skill, you're a survivalist that can rub two sticks together over a bed of dried twigs to start a fire any time you want, day or night. Third, you found a lighter and life is simplified until it wears down.
  • Randomness. Some people hate being subjected to RNG whims, but I think it means a lot of different scenarios. The world is random, the loot is random, the encounters are random, and combat is random. What's not random is how you handle the situations and what you do to try and rig the game in your favor.
  • Crafting. Lots of things in the game can be disassembled into component parts - like a shirt torn into rags and string. You use somewhat logical combinations to make new items - like a long branch, the Ranged skill, string, and heat put together to make a rudimentary bow. A shard of glass, a string, three pieces of torn paper, the Ranged skill, and a medium stick make a crude broadhead arrow. To make a sling it just takes a rag and a couple pieces of string, and then you load it with either 2 large rocks (for a couple big hits) or 20 small pebbles (for a lot of smaller hits and a lot of chances to hit).
  • Challenge. It's hard to survive, and you'll die a lot. I like the challenge of it, and of searching the wastes for the items I need to survive. I've been enjoying learning from my mistakes and trying to fit into the world.
Cons:
  • Flash Player. For some reason, the developer used Flash to make this, and you have to 'authorize' the game to save your progress the first time you try it. This also means it responds poorly to hitting "Escape" - which kicks you out of Full Screen and you have to reset it again from the menu (this happens to me too frequently). Missing, also, are any real video options aside from setting aspect ratio and scaling.
  • Menu Obscura. The game interactions can be frustrating. For example, you can't end your turn while you're looking at your inventory - you need to be looking at the overworld map first. You can't "back out" of interactions without "using" the "step back" command in the interactions selection.
  • Inventory Madness. You need to hoard and organize everything you find in order to thrive in the wasteland. Sure, you can just dump it pell-mell into a camp and ignore sorting it, but you'll never find your lighter in that mess and have no idea how much food you really have or which chunks of cooked meat are about to go bad so you can eat them first. This means a lot of time spent just cleaning and organizing inventory space. It works to my OCD and I find it relaxing in a strange way, but I can imagine a lot of people would find it annoying.
  • Randomness. Randomness in this game is a strength and a weakness. It's really frustrating to spend hours creating a sustainable and well-outfitted character, only to have them wiped out in seconds by a randomly spawned scavenger with a rifle or a pack of wild dogs you just can't get away from. There may be ways to help mitigate these risks, but it sucks to get a pile of great stuff and then just lose it all because the RNG made you fall over while trying to run away.
  • Saving. There's no "good" way to save your game. To save, you have to Save & Quit - otherwise, it's unsaved. Closing the game doesn't save. Saving & Quitting just to save is a nuisance - so I play like it's a Rogue-like and if I die, I die. I don't know if the game kills my saves or not when I die, but I do know that it feels wrong to try and quit the game every 20 minutes just to save it. I suppose you could avoid losing everything by going back to a previous save - but then you're not playing the game in Ironman mode as it seems to be intended.
Combat:
Combat is text-based and RNG-driven. When you encounter anything, every element of the encounter is randomized. From how far apart you start to how bad the terrain is. If you start far apart, it's easier to run - but closing to melee distance takes turn after turn after turn of moving forward. Few encounters start 25 meters apart. Most start 8-10 meters apart. Some start with you right on top of the hostile. Each turn, you select an action from a list based on your skills and situation. When you perform your action, the RNG decides your fate based on whatever maths it has to make the decision. You might fall over just trying to walk forward 1 meter, leaving yourself open to attack. You might critically hit with a thrown rock, knocking someone out at 8 meters and then stumble over your own feet while you try and run in to finish them off, giving them time to get up and fight back.

The developer has gone on record as saying the objective in combat isn't to just win the fight, but to avoid getting hit. Getting hit can cripple you and lead to your ultimate demise if you loose too much blood or just can't function in the fight anymore. For a game where your objective is to not get hit, combat is frequently unavoidable and generally why you die.

If you have the Botany skill, you can survive on a diet of scavenged berries and mushrooms and try to avoid combat as much as possible. If you don't have Botany, combat is essential for survival so you can collect meat for cooking and consumption in order to avoid starvation. I've found chips, saltines, twinkies, and ketchup packets while scavenging - but not near enough to live on. You also never, ever eat anything but blueberries if you don't have Botany - red & white berries can be poisonous, as can mushrooms; you have no way of knowing which is which without the skill.

Skills:
Character creation is simple and you'll do it a lot. Essentially, you start with 15 character points and allot them for skills. You can buy negative skills to give yourself more points to work with, but at the cost of some element of your survival - and these are mutually exclusive with their opposing skill. I have yet to make any character that felt like they had it all - there's always a drawback or something you can't do.
  • Strong (6 points): Carry 50 kilos more, hit harder in combat, can create cover in combat. The opposing skill is Feeble (-4 points), and it reduces carry weight and damage.
  • Melee (4 points): Better melee hit chances, ability to trip foes, better melee defense, better damage. Can make some advanced melee weapons (spears). Pairs well with Strong for maximum melee prowess.
  • Ranged (4 points): Better ranged hit chances, can make some advanced ranged weapons (bows, spears, arrows).
  • Eagle Eye (2 points): See 1 extra 'hex' on the overworld grid (great for spying hostiles before they see you), useful in some scavenging scenarios. The opposing skill is Myopic (-1 point) and it limits your visual range and ability to find hidden enemies in combat.
  • Tough (4 points): Heartier - more health, better immune system, less likely to get infections. The opposing skill is Frail (-4 points) and it means taking more damage, getting sick easier, and more likely to get infections.
  • Medic (4 points): Heal faster, less likely to get infections and illnesses, more information available on injuries. Can see how effective your camp is in terms of health regeneration.
  • Botanist (4 points): Find berries and mushrooms in the wild and know which are safe to each and which aren't. A very convenient way to stay alive without fighting all the time.
  • Metabolism (2 points): Require less food & water, heal faster. The opposing is Metabilism (-2 points) to require more food and water while healing slower.
  • Hiding (2 points): Hiding is more effective. Can see how well hidden your camp is.
  • Tracking (1 Point): Tracks in the overworld map are more easily spotted, and you can see older ones. Removing your own tracks is 90% effective instead of 50%. Apparently a lot of enemies hunt for you by your tracks & scent.
  • Trapping ( 4 points): Start fires without sunlight or lighters, get more meat and pelts from killed animals, craft snares, ability to cure meat so it lasts twice as long as cooking it.
  • Hacking (2 points): Break into electronics for valuable data. Must have the right hacking tools and power for electronics.
  • Lockpick (3 points): Make and use lockpicks to bypass security measures.
  • Insomniac (-1 Point): Getting to sleep is harder, staying asleep is harder, sleep gives less rest. I've read this is less of an issue if you're completely exhausted (up for 2 days) and then sleep.
  • Athletic (3 Points): Running takes less energy, less likely to fall over in combat while moving, run faster in combat. The opposing skill is Enervated (-2 points) to fatigue faster and need more rest.
  • Electrician (1 Point): Able to interact with electronic devices (not computers & phones, but electric panels, lighting, etc).
  • Mechanic (3 points): Able to interact with mechanical devices, add safety to searches at the cost of some loot chance, can build some additional "vehicles" (objects used to tow or store loot - like shopping carts and sleds)
So - all those possibilities - and only 15 points to work with. Each and every positive skill increases your survival chances, and each negative one decreases your chances of survival. Which will work best for this run through? Good luck! It'd be better to start with 20 points to work with. There's 49 points of positive skills, and you can't take more than 1/3 of them. Strong and Trapping seem almost essential - carry weight and fire building. Electrician and Mechanic let you turn your starting camp into a virtual oasis with free light and warmth. Melee and Ranged are needed if you want to consistently win fights. Hiding and Tracking directly affect your ability to stay hidden and detect threats before they see you.

All in all, while the game has flaws I find myself enjoying it for the complexity and challenge. It's certainly not for everyone, though.

*Edit: I've been playing for a few evenings now and still enjoying it, but not because I'm winning. I can't explain it... I just feel compelled to keep starting over every time I die and roll up a new character. My wife wonders why I bother when I just end up dying over and over.

**Edit: My longest play time so far is just over 17 days, and the character visited MegaDetroit and a tribal enclave. I died due to massive infection despite having worked out other ways to survive. Botany is a -key- skill, as it not only allows you to see which berries and mushrooms are poisonous (thus being able to avoid fighting for meat), but you can combine water & twigs to make a Tannin tea, which has antibiotic properties. While I knew the tea was special, I didn't know I could make it myself - and I had no idea I had to wash wounds out before bandaging them. As a result, my Strong/Botany/Hacking/Hiding/Electrician died from repeated infections through cuts and scrapes I wasn't properly treating. I didn't even think that I needed to pour clean water, tea, or whiskey over a wound before bandaging it with clean rags - I've been playing for days without that knowledge. :doh:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Paingod

Re: NEO Scavenger

Post by Paingod »

This has become one of those games I revisit each year. This year I've been playing for close to 5 days straight, which is a pretty good run for me. This is probably my favorite inventory management sim that has permadeath and some text adventuring. I've plugged away at the game enough that I'm comfortable giving away some solid tips. My feelings on the game are largely unchanged after two years and I still like it.

Character Creation Spoilers:
Spoiler:
The best "generally" survivable character is Strong/Melee/Botany/Tracking - 15 points spent, no negatives. Strong and Melee have synergy - especially with the first encounter - and using both at once results in you obtaining a "Flash Drive" that should be given to a character in Detroit named "Hatter". Doing this blesses you with both an ID card and a hidden Legendary trait called "Unstoppable" which makes you stronger across the board. Strong and Melee also let you survive a lot of melee encounters that would otherwise end you. Botany is absolutely essential in that it gives you the ability to make Tannin tea on the fly, which is a disinfectant you can (and should) use on your wounds, as well as drink for an immune system boost. Tracking is simply useful in that it makes you harder to spot for enemies, and lets you track this easier.

If you don't mind some negatives, take the penalties for Myopic and Metabolism, and then add a combination of:
  • Athletic, 3 points: Lets you run from encounters easier, extended running in the overworld map.
  • Lockpick, 3 points: Improved looting in some locations, lockpicking for some scenarios
  • Mechanic, 3 points: Improvise your own cargo sled, fix the heating system in the Cryo facility if you use it as a base, some scenarios.
  • Hacking/Electrician 2/1 points: Hacking PC's, tablets, and phones can yield money. Electrician opens some encounter options.
The best "general" choice is probably Mechanic. Being able to make, tear-down, and rebuild a Travois out of scrap wood and string is invaluable. Other vehicles you push around will fail you in time and only luck decides if you can replace them, but this one - while the smallest - will last forever. Hacking/Electrician is a favorite for me simply because I personally like electronics, but it's not a survival skill.

There's an upside to the "Negative" Metabolism - and a downside to the "Positive" one. They affect how much food/water you need - with the Negative requiring 25% more and the Positive one requiring 25% less... however, this is combined with the Negative one letting you heal and restore blood slightly faster while the Positive one restores them slightly slower.

Sidenote: Myopic can be "upgraded" to "Eagle Eye" in Detroit for $5600. Once you can enter the town, visit the Haggerty clinic, second floor, and have your eyes replaced with cybernetic ones. You can also include Night Vision so travelling at night and scavenging are easier, or Telescopic eyes to let you see further. This is a minor penalty that can be fixed with a few game days' worth of grinding out Tannin tea and selling it in the Junk Market of Detroit.

Special Sidenote: If you find the 15 point limit too painful to work with, it can be easily altered in the game's config files. Locate the Data folder in the game's root. Inside here, there's a file named "gamevars.xml" or something similar. Make a backup copy of it, and edit the original. Look for a line that has text like "nSkillPoints" as the variable (or search for "15") and edit it to be whatever number you'd like. I'll admit that I've done this so I can access all the skills for all my characters - while being limited is interesting, the game is pretty damn harsh anyway without these limits. Each time I died, I up'd this number to include a skill I thought might have helped me. Eventually I had all the skills unlocked. Even with all the skills, you still need to work to survive; it's just more likely you'll die after a long time than a short time.
Surviving Combat:
Spoiler:
There are a few golden rules.
  • Try and find a good camp for the night. Resting out in the open seems to invite packs of wild dogs (or Dogmen) to come rip you apart.
  • Hiding and Clearing Tracks cost action points, but are good activities to perform before hunkering down for the evening. It lessens your chances of an encounter while you sleep.
  • Even if you're Strong/Melee and facing more than two enemies, still consider running. The time it takes you to kill two foes will leave you open for attack from the third/fourth/fifth enemies.
  • Try to only attack enemies that are Vulnerable.
  • Leg Sweeps (Melee skill) can help by knocking enemies prone and leaving you standing.
  • Pitfall Trap (Trapping skill) can severely injure enemies, knock them down, and leave them bleeding - but also out of melee reach.
  • Dodge/Parry anytime you're not attacking. This will put an enemy into a Vulnerable position while reducing your chances of being hit.
  • Cycle through the list of enemies using the arrows by their portraits to select which one you're attacking. Prioritize closer ones over distant ones.
  • If you travel by day, you should be able to see most enemies before fighting them and can sometimes choose how close you start the encounter. If you're attacked, you get no choice.
  • Combat is often optional. Not every faction is automatically hostile, and sometimes you can scare off weaker or less determined enemies just by threatening them.
  • If you find yourself in an encounter with an enemy in tactical gear, try politely communicating. These fellas are game-enders for all but the strongest and most experienced fighters, but work for the Detroit Guard and aren't your enemies. They are, however, equipped to the gills with the best of the best and getting their gear is a major boon.
Healing and Health:
Spoiler:
So you got in a flight - now you're bloodied and bruised.
  • As soon as possible, empty out some Tannin Tea, go to your Medical tab, and apply the Tea to your bleeding wounds to disinfect them.
  • As soon as possible, apply Clean Rags to stop bleeding.
  • Dirty Rags increase your chances of infection.
  • If you took Medic, you can see more specific health indicators - like immune system, blood, and self-diagnosed illnesses - on the Medical tab.
  • Always wear a rag over your face to help keep out airborne infections. They're poor protection, but better than nothing.
    • Scavenging sometimes results in opening cupboards that hit you with mold, creating a health hazard.
    • The southern wastes are actually decimated by defoiliant - do not enter these tiles without a functioning gas mask unless you want your character periodically coughing, wheezing, vomiting, and having diarrhea for a year before it self-cures.
    • The hostiles wearing blue sashes have an airborne infection that they can transmit if they get within 4 meters of you in combat. Rags help, and a gas mask prevents it. It takes a special encounter to immunize yourself once infected.
    • If you do find a gas mask with unspent filters, be aware that it's got very limited charges in each filter - put it on before an encounter or when visiting a nasty place - and take it off as soon as you're clear. This mask, when worn with working filters, will block the Blue Frog illness and Defoliant exposure completely.
  • Drink Tannin Tea regularly. This boosts your immune system, but only provides 1/4 the "Hydration" value of clean water.
  • Try and avoid drinking anything other than sterile or sealed water. If you absolutely have no choice - rivers are cleanest, lakes can be okay, but swamp water is generally vile.
  • Boiling water to sterilize it requires a fire, tin can or pot, and regular water.
  • Blood loss can weaken your character, and too much lost blood will end you. Blood is very slowly replenished each day - so it's absolutely essential that you treat any bleeding wounds quickly and not let them keep leaking until they clot on their own.
  • Infections can be picked up from a number of sources - from enemies, scavenging without a mask, infected wounds, etc. If your character comes down with an infection, it's critical that you boost your immune system with Tannin Tea, Antibiotics, and Rest. Continued exertion without treatment could very well end you.
  • Hydration is essential for your well being. Being too thirsty hinders your daily actions, and you can die from dehydration.
  • Food is essential for your well being. Being too hungry hinders your daily actions, and you can die of starvation.
  • Rest is essential ... you get it.
  • Thermal exposure is a threat. Too hot or too cold, and you can die. Add or subtract layers from your clothing to keep comfortable. Rest in heated camp grounds (move a Fire into the camp) to stay warm. The Cryo facility's heater can be repaired by a Mechanic (with a Multitool, Tarp, and some Small Parts) to make it a good initial base while you figure out the game.
Vehicles:
Spoiler:
Vehicles are a great way to expand your inventory space, but they remove your ability to Run in the overworld and Run during combat. A fair trade. You can ditch them in combat so you can run or move easier, and sometimes when you get attacked at night you'll discover your enemy is actually trying to make off with your vehicle - which impedes their ability to flee.
  • As mentioned above, if you're a Mechanic you can make a Travois. It expands your storage by 10x16 squares and is a free vehicle you can make with 2 large sticks, 2 bundles of medium sticks, and 16 medium string. Before the Travois breaks down, you can take it apart with Mechanic, get the components back, and put it back together at 100% health. No other vehicle is completely re-usable. It's also the smallest vehicle, but still very useful.
  • Other vehicles include: A child's sled, a shopping cart, and a jerry-rigged shopping cart made of boxes and wheels. All of these will degrade over time and ultimately need to be replaced. The sled is gone when it breaks. The shopping cart and box cart leave behind components you can try to piece back together if you're a Mechanic and have a Multitool - but they will have very limited durability. If you love the box cart, you can carry around a frame, spare wheels, and boxes in the cart to use when it breaks on you - but it's still an eventual loss unless you're willing to always carry any spare parts you might need with it - which reduces the usable space quite a bit. With all that fuss, this is why I prefer the Travois.
Items & Scavenging:
Spoiler:
  • The 1, 2, and 3 keys can make managing your inventory much saner - but come with a word of caution. 1 moves a stack back and forth with one click. 1+Shift will move the top item. 2 will use an item. 3 will delete the item. There is no confirmation when deleting; the item is just gone.
  • Any tile with a "Magnifying Glass" icon has something that can be found with scavenging. Rural town tiles are usually low-grade loot, and big city tiles can be gold mines - especially the office towers. Cabins in the woods can be gold mines of survival equipment, or useless dusty shacks. Scavenging can be risky in that it alerts nearby enemies with noise, and can injure you if your Safety check fails.
  • Any tile with a "Box" icon has items laying out in the open for you to pick up. It's always worth checking to see what this is, but nothing compels you to look. It could be a small pile of pebbles - or it could be that a well-equipped hostile died there last night and dropped a pair of boots, a huge backpack, a rifle, and three days' worth of food. It never hurts to check as you pass by. I once found a recently killed DMC Guard and was suddenly sporting a complete tactical outfit - body armor, helmet, gloves, and pistol.
  • If you kill the first Dogman at the Cryo Facility using Strong, Melee (or Strong/Melee together), and are a Trapper, you can craft a Dogman Coat out of him using Trapping, a sharp edge (glass), and the body. This coat is excellent early-game armor and by itself can stave off hypothermia with no other clothes. As an added benefit, any intelligent enemy that attacks you while your wearing it is more susceptible to intimidation.
  • Footwear is critical, but not so critical that you actually want to use rags for shoes. Improper footwear - rag shoes, or shoes on the wrong feet - will quickly lead to blisters, negating any benefit from wearing shoes. It's better to simply go barefoot until you find a left and right shoe to wear.
    Flip-flops are extra-crappy in that they frequently fall off and you have to stop to put them back on, but they're better than nothing. Bonus: you look extra cool wearing one tactical boot and one flip-flop.
  • Not every item degrades at the same speed. Generally, the higher an item's quality, the slower it degrades. A big stick you rip off a tree and use as a weapon may break after 5 swings - but a broad spear you fashion out of the same stick may last for 20 fights. Crocs - while fashionable - are inferior to running shoes, which are inferior to hiking boots, which are inferior to tactical boots. Generally, if an item is worth more at the same durability percentage, it wears down more slowly.
  • Most things slowly degrade unless they're sitting on the ground in a safe spot, like the Cryo Camp or a Hatchback/Van. If you're planning on a prolonged rest at the Cryo Facility to heal up after some blood loss and an infection, consider stripping down to your boxers and packing it all up in the camp to preserve it. Even boxes being used to store items in your vehicle while you drag it around will slowly degrade. Only items with no durability won't be subject to this. Keeping items in bags and boxes greatly slows down the degradation to a point where you're maybe losing 0.1% durability per day.
  • If you have Trapping, it's worth it to keep a bundle of twigs and a bundle of sticks on you. You can combine these with Trapping in the crafting menu to make a quick small fire - something no other character can do. Combine this with a Quality Torch (made from a 100% durability stick, some twigs, and a rag) and you've got a great light source to scavenge with. As soon as you get your first Lighter, though, the fire starting kit becomes useless. From there, light torches to scavenge with to preserve Lighter durability. Once you have two lighters, you can discard your Torches all together. Lighters take up one inventory tile and use 1% of their durability to provide the same scavenging and safety benefits as a torch.
  • Once you get to Detroit, if you're a Botanist, you can spend a few days grinding out Tannin Tea at a nearby watering hole and selling it at the Junk Market (empty the bottles onto the floor - keep the bottles for re-use). With a few makeshift sacks and a Travois filled with bottles, you can make $1200 per day - and in 5 days, get your eyes replaced. You'll probably take 6 or 7 days to do this, though, as the Junk Market refreshes each midnight and you'll probably replace/stock yourself with fresh 100% durability goodies - as well as luxuriating in a heated Hatchback or Van for the nights. Even if you're not a Botanist, you can grind out Sterilized Water and make maybe $500 per day with it; it'll just take longer.
  • CAUTION: If you leave items in the Detroit rental areas, these items are LOST when your rental expires. A lesson hard-learned when I stashed my shopping cart full of electronics and crafting goods there with the intent to get back to it after a little hunting - only to get distracted in the wilderness and come back a day late. Better to just suffer the item durability loss for keeping it on you than to lose it entirely. Rentals can be extended up to 4 weeks out - but the warning that it's about to expire is very easy to miss - just a quick line of text in the scrolling dialog list.
Hacking:
Spoiler:
A special nod to the least intuitive activity in the game.
  • Hacking will not let you survive in the wilds. Hacking opens up some alternate dialog options during text adventures and provides some random income based on finding files in locked devices you unlock.
  • You can only directly Hack an open, powered on Laptop. This will let you unlock it and access the stored files.
  • Cell Phones, Smart Phones, and Tablets must be unlocked using hacking software installed on the laptop.
  • Hacking software is randomly available at the Detroit Junk Market; check each day after midnight when it refreshes.
  • To load or unload software and files from a device, hold the device in one hand, and a USB drive in your other hand. Files can then be picked up from the USB drive and put into the device, or from the device into the USB drive. This means you use both hands and have to put weapons and bags down.
  • To hack a device with your laptop, have the laptop with the proper software installed in it powered up and logged in with one hand. Put the locked device in your other hand and turn it on. Right-click and "Use" the laptop. Select the software you want to use (three types, one for each portable device) and then select the locked device. Bam. Unlocked.
  • Hacked devices can contain anything from mundane videos of funny cats (you just read it as a text description, not a real video) to security footage of Dogman attacks that can sell for a hundred bucks, to extortion lists that can sell for thousands.
Text Adventures:
Spoiler:
Aside from wandering the wastes and trying to survive by managing your inventory, you'll periodically chase a storyline or find a random text encounter. The big thing to note here is that what you do is permanent for this character. If you want to try other options, you'll need to use other characters after this one dies. Typically, using a skill during a text encounter is going to get you a more favorable outcome than using no skill and just choosing a dialog option. The big one to grab is giving Hatter in Detroit the USB drive containing video footage of you kicking the Dogman's ass with a Strength/Melee combo. This unlocks the Legendary "Unstoppable" skill that can help with future fights and helps you survive better overall.
Last edited by Paingod on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Smoove_B

Re: NEO Scavenger

Post by Smoove_B »

I only have a few hours into this game, but I also really liked it. Thick with details and theme. Thanks for the tips!
Maybe next year, maybe no go