Ah, I see.
Thanks!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Re: Starting WoW in 2016

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote:(and see if you are qualified gear-wise for a raid).
Or, more accurately, prove that you've done the raid so many times that you don't need to anymore. It's the only way to get into a non-guild raid these days!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Blackhawk wrote:
coopasonic wrote:(and see if you are qualified gear-wise for a raid).
Or, more accurately, prove that you've done the raid so many times that you don't need to anymore. It's the only way to get into a non-guild raid these days!
Apparently they are changing that? So if you are over geared for a raid, you need to move on to the next level. No need to demand ridiculous ilevels anymore :)
Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Anyone coming back for Legion? I'll move if we have a stable guild, but I'm more than happy to stay on Whisperwind solo.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I have seven characters at 100 on Horde Arathor, I'm back in but I'm not paying to move them :).
Black Lives Matter
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Toe wrote:A few tips I learned yesterday,

In regard for the currency for the invasion stuff (nexus crystals I think?), each of the big 102 elites (skulls on your zone map) that spawn during wave 3 will drop some extra crystals. When phase 3 starts, open up zone map and head straight for the closest skull, as you will see other players doing. Then just follow this horde around to the next and so on. You can often kill 5-6 of these before phase 3 ends, with each one netting some crystals (I was getting around 7-9 per mob).

The war glaives you can buy with nexus crystal vendor are bind on account. So you can buy them now for a future demon hunter if you want. If you got lots of extra time (and alts) you can pass it around and have each one buy weapon upgrade (bind on pickup) from the nexus vendor (150 crystals each), upgrade the war glaives a step, then send to to the next alt, until you get them to max, which is 725 ilevel.
I wouldn't be super worried about upgrading the weapons since you'll only be using them over the next few weeks. One of the first things we'll be doing when the expansion drops is get our artifact weapons, and they start off at 750.
Black Lives Matter
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I have Horde on Hydraxis and Alliance on Scarlet Crusade. I'm not going to move them but I'll be happy to group up if anyone needs help or wants to run stuff or whatever. My battletag is Mathaylla#1399.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Biyobi wrote:
Toe wrote: The war glaives you can buy with nexus crystal vendor are bind on account. So you can buy them now for a future demon hunter if you want. If you got lots of extra time (and alts) you can pass it around and have each one buy weapon upgrade (bind on pickup) from the nexus vendor (150 crystals each), upgrade the war glaives a step, then send to to the next alt, until you get them to max, which is 725 ilevel.
I wouldn't be super worried about upgrading the weapons since you'll only be using them over the next few weeks. One of the first things we'll be doing when the expansion drops is get our artifact weapons, and they start off at 750.
Oooh, thats good to know, thanks for info. How to alt specs work for artifacts? I know you can level them as well, but not at the same speed as your primary spec. Does alt spec artifacts also start at 750 then?
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Toe wrote:
Biyobi wrote:
Toe wrote: The war glaives you can buy with nexus crystal vendor are bind on account. So you can buy them now for a future demon hunter if you want. If you got lots of extra time (and alts) you can pass it around and have each one buy weapon upgrade (bind on pickup) from the nexus vendor (150 crystals each), upgrade the war glaives a step, then send to to the next alt, until you get them to max, which is 725 ilevel.
Oooh, thats good to know, thanks for info. How to alt specs work for artifacts? I know you can level them as well, but not at the same speed as your primary spec. Does alt spec artifacts also start at 750 then?
Yep, they all start at 750.
Black Lives Matter
Jag

Post by Jag »

tru1cy wrote:Anyone coming back for Legion? I'll move if we have a stable guild, but I'm more than happy to stay on Whisperwind solo.
I'm on WW alliance, but I think you are horde side.

What's your btag anyway. I'm Jag#1723.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Jag wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Anyone coming back for Legion? I'll move if we have a stable guild, but I'm more than happy to stay on Whisperwind solo.
I'm on WW alliance, but I think you are horde side.

Yep, Horde
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Jag wrote: I'm on WW alliance, but I think you are horde side.

Sent a BattleNet Friend request thingy - I'm Exodor#1116

Right now I'm mostly playing on my Horde DK on Zangarmarsh - those invasion events give REALLY GOOD XP and I'm trying to get him to level 100. He was 60 yesterday, up to 71 now. 8-)

My main is a DK on Whisperwind named Cobane.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

At the moment, I've got three 100s, my priest main, the new Demon Hunter, and my boosted rogue who I enjoy. My previous boosted character is still just a 92 warlock, but I'm really working on my 92 Hunter. All alliance.

I'd be game for any Bnet grouping. My tag is Baroquen131#1852.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Exodor wrote:
Jag wrote: I'm on WW alliance, but I think you are horde side.

Sent a BattleNet Friend request thingy - I'm Exodor#1116

Right now I'm mostly playing on my Horde DK on Zangarmarsh - those invasion events give REALLY GOOD XP and I'm trying to get him to level 100. He was 60 yesterday, up to 71 now. 8-)

My main is a DK on Whisperwind named Cobane.
Let me know if you want an invite to Exile on WW. We're small and quiet, but friendly.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Playing Horde, have a couple 100's, 70, 60, 40, 20, etc. I have a problem
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Jag

Post by Jag »

Harkonis wrote:Playing Horde, have a couple 100's, 70, 60, 40, 20, etc. I have a problem
I have every class at 100 now.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I moved over with The Wanderers to Area-52 horde.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Sooooo....who took the plunge? How is legion? How are changes to pvp? Heard they took out tab targeting, is that true? If so how do you target now?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

gilraen has been playing since it launched last night. She took about 6 hours off to sleep. It may be a while before she gets around to posting though.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Newcastle wrote:Sooooo....who took the plunge? How is legion?
I'm enjoying it. So far only been playing on my bear druid, made some progress on upgrading my artifact weapon, tanked one dungeon, and just doing quests. I think she's 105 right now. It's pretty interesting that the mobs now scale to my level. So no more "I outlevel the zone so I have to abandon the quest line and move on". Although I can see where that might get old, where you can't just blow through a zone once you outlevel it.
Newcastle wrote:How are changes to pvp?
I don't pvp unless forced...so can't really answer that.
Newcastle wrote:Heard they took out tab targeting, is that true? If so how do you target now?
No, it's not true. It's just glitchy - as in, you're just as likely to target something 20 yards away as you are a mob right in front of your face.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks for the info...temptation rising...
Bayraktar!!!!

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

gilraen wrote: It's pretty interesting that the mobs now scale to my level. So no more "I outlevel the zone so I have to abandon the quest line and move on". Although I can see where that might get old, where you can't just blow through a zone once you outlevel it.
Is that everywhere, or just for the new content?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

She says it is for the new content only.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote:She says it is for the new content only.
That's a shame. I would have been very slightly tempted to come back had the challenge been evened out elsewhere.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I wish I were playing instead of on this stupid cruise I'm on. You guys have fun for me :)
Black Lives Matter
Toe

Post by Toe »

I was immediately surprised with how challenging the starter quest was. My warrior was around 700 ilevel and was tearing up mobs in the tannann jungle area prior to expansion. Several fights in the artifact introduction quest line I barely was able to survive, blowing all cooldowns and such. I assume they are auto-adjusting the mobs there as well and want it to be noticeable harder before you get your artifact weapon. Once I got to my first zone, mobs started dying with more ease. A few of the rare fights I have had so far were somewhat challenging (I am just level 101), but nothing had me sweating like the initial quest line yet.

The artifact progression stuff is a little complicated/non-intuitive and I made a mistake there when picking my first rune or whatever its called. It was not really a major mistake, but it looks like they want you to link abilities along lines shown in your artifact screen display, which I could not cause I picked the wrong quest reward. Still not really sure the best way to progress, going to do some research on it today to get it straight. I assume there is an optimum build progression out there somewhere for each spec and you should probably read up on it prior to picking your first artifact rune (or whatever its called) quest reward. They did a nice job with the legendary quest line (for my fury warrior anyway) and it felt pretty epic to get it.

I picked Stormheim as my first zone. Not sure if its the same for the other zones, but bring a stack or two of goblin gliders if you got an engineer alt. I read where you can get a glider device by collecting 4 components (I think in the various zones?), but that would take awhile unless you read up on it and head straight to all the components. But the scenery, music, and new monster models are nicely done as you would expect, and it has that similar ability of WoD to draw my attention off somewhere else to explore, often discovering treasures/rare mobs. I am torn about using handynotes mod (shows you where all the treasure nodes and rares are on the map). On one hand, I love not missing things and getting the rewards/experience from all the treasure nodes/rares, but it takes a lot of the exploration fun out of it. I will probably do the same thing I did for WoD and not use the mod for my main, but using it for all my 11 alts afterwards.

Had a glitch where the opening quest line got stuck. Logged out and back in before it worked. Other than that, I had a few mineral nodes not accessible. But no lag or overcrowding issues last night. So overall, pretty smooth.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Played some yesterday, got my druid tank artifact and got to level 102 or 3. I like how it doesn't matter what zone you start in. All 5 zones scale to your level so the quests will be relevant. Did one dungeon and most of the quests in Azhara (sp). Enjoying it so far. Nice to have a challenge in the dungeons.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Toe wrote:I was immediately surprised with how challenging the starter quest was. My warrior was around 700 ilevel and was tearing up mobs in the tannann jungle area prior to expansion. Several fights in the artifact introduction quest line I barely was able to survive, blowing all cooldowns and such. I assume they are auto-adjusting the mobs there as well and want it to be noticeable harder before you get your artifact weapon. Once I got to my first zone, mobs started dying with more ease. A few of the rare fights I have had so far were somewhat challenging (I am just level 101), but nothing had me sweating like the initial quest line yet.
Same experience with my Arms warrior. It's a little disappointing that the weapon is the only upgrade I've picked up so far (hit 101 and went to bed)... but it's ok, I like the look of the invasion stuff.

I kept wondering when I would get to my class hall... I eventually figured out Skyhold is the class hall and I had been there a few times already. I guess I should read quest text more. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Did the artifact quest (for the shield) on my paladin. Still learning the ropes on that class as I've never had one anywhere near max level.

They definitely made it feel epic, spoiler tagged in case you want to find out on your own:
Spoiler:
If you did the Broken Shores intro quest before the expansion dropped you saw Highlord Tyrion Fordring die at the hand of Gul'dan's giant demon. After you secure your artifact there is a quest to take you to the class hall (under Light's Hope Chapel in EPL) for a memorial service for Fordring. At that service YOU are made the new highlord of the paladin order. Pretty cool as long as you can forget that every other paladin in the game is also the highlord ;)
I got started late yesterday so haven't hit 101 yet.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:D

Black Lives Matter

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I resemble that remark. Havent bought the xpac yet, but did reup and have a lvl 85 toon to bring to 100 before the jump to legion. Why do i do this to myself?
Bayraktar!!!!

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

You're all going to think I'm nuts, but I just resubbed for another month yesterday. :oops:

I just keep having this weird urge to go back and try again to see if there's a different race/class combination that "clicks". That's what happened with FFXIV. I got annoyed and quit playing a Gladiator, but tried a Bard, got hooked and spent 1,000+ hours (the most I've ever spent in any game). I keep thinking there might be that one combination in WoW that I enjoy more than others and hooks me. I may even give a caster or healer class a try...for pretty much the time ever in an MMO.

Remind me, was there one server that had the majority of OO'ers on it? Or are we spread out all over the place? If nothing else, just being able to ask some questions in-game when I get confused would be helpful. Also, is there a way to transfer the gold that was generously gifted to me by another OO'er to a new toon? If not, I'll just sadly waive it goodbye... :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Skinypupy wrote:. Also, is there a way to transfer the gold that was generously gifted to me by another OO'er to a new toon? If not, I'll just sadly waive it goodbye... :)
No, but yes. There is no way to directly transfer gold, but there are ways around that (likely with some loss.) This is in no way against the EULA or any other rules.

Have characters on both servers so you can compare prices.

Go to the auction house and buy a battle pet that sells well on your target server. That pet is now on every character on your account.

Go to the new server, right click the pet and 'put in cage', then sell it.

Just be aware that you may sell it at a loss, and that it may take a while to sell.

Alternately, you can buy other transferable account-bound items, but you'd have to check what those are. Possibly pet battle stones, but I'm not sure.

The chances are, though, that the gold wasn't as much as it looked like at low level, unless they sent you thousands. An end-game character can make hundreds per hour without trying.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I'm still at sea but I read where there's now a way to test a character at level 100 before using your free 100 level boost.
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I'm in the minority but I don't really like the level scaling. I like being able to steamroll things after awhile. It's taking too long to kill mobs with 300k-600k HPs, and its just rather dry. I think I lost the quest "trail" in Azsuna, so I've wandered to get more quests. I wish professions were easier to get moving; fishing/archaelogy/cooking are slow to progress. And I thought the profession quests would be fun, but haven't enjoyed like I thought I would.

All of that said, I am enjoying playing something "new" and am hoping things open up a bit as I level. I definitely hoping my final impressions will be more positive.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Baroquen wrote:I'm in the minority but I don't really like the level scaling. I like being able to steamroll things after awhile. It's taking too long to kill mobs with 300k-600k HPs, and its just rather dry. I think I lost the quest "trail" in Azsuna, so I've wandered to get more quests. I wish professions were easier to get moving; fishing/archaelogy/cooking are slow to progress. And I thought the profession quests would be fun, but haven't enjoyed like I thought I would.

All of that said, I am enjoying playing something "new" and am hoping things open up a bit as I level. I definitely hoping my final impressions will be more positive.
I have had similar feelings Baroquen. Part of the RPG aspect of a game like should getting more powerful as you progress, but man it has been absolutely brutal for my warrior in fury spec. After reaching 110 and getting better gear/more artifact power, I am getting wrecked when I fight more than one mob it seems, having to eat food/bandage constantly. I know my spec, rotation, stat priorty, etc, and have all PvE-centric soloing talents, but it does not matter. I got fed up yesterday and switched to protection spec. While it takes noticeably longer to kill stuff, I rarely am in a fight for my life like it was with fury specced. My biggest regret is all the artifact points I wasted on fury artifact. Still, not too hard getting my protection artifact up to some degree of usefulness.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Toe wrote:
Baroquen wrote:I'm in the minority but I don't really like the level scaling. I like being able to steamroll things after awhile. It's taking too long to kill mobs with 300k-600k HPs, and its just rather dry. I think I lost the quest "trail" in Azsuna, so I've wandered to get more quests. I wish professions were easier to get moving; fishing/archaelogy/cooking are slow to progress. And I thought the profession quests would be fun, but haven't enjoyed like I thought I would.

I have had similar feelings Baroquen. Part of the RPG aspect of a game like should getting more powerful as you progress, but man it has been absolutely brutal for my warrior in fury spec. After reaching 110 and getting better gear/more artifact power, I am getting wrecked when I fight more than one mob it seems, having to eat food/bandage constantly. I know my spec, rotation, stat priorty, etc, and have all PvE-centric soloing talents, but it does not matter. I got fed up yesterday and switched to protection spec. While it takes noticeably longer to kill stuff, I rarely am in a fight for my life like it was with fury specced. My biggest regret is all the artifact points I wasted on fury artifact. Still, not too hard getting my protection artifact up to some degree of usefulness.
My arms warrior is crushing stuff. I got 110 Saturday and I am still soloing rares though I have to be more careful now. My gear score is around 790. I haven't done any dungeons (I'm afraid of pugs :P).

I can still get overwhelmed by trash mobs if I get more than 3 on me, especially if my champion is on cooldown, but I have to mess up pretty bad to get more than 3 on me. :P Oh and I don't know any of that stuff (spec, stat, rotation) it's all seat of my pants. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I'm level 107ish on my Demon hunter, i havent steamrolled through anything, but I'm tanking it up which means i havent really come close to dying yet. The good of level scaling is I can group up with higher level friends and not be useless through some content, it also means I can do whatever the hell I want and its fine. This is nice. during leigon invasions, I didnt have to be 100 to help the group. Now, everything isn't ridiculous until I get gear, everything is the same level of challenge. I get the steamrolling thought process but it also means nothing it out of reach without the help of several other people, if you can play the class you can probably do the mission without too much pain and suffering.

That being said my thoughts on the new expansion:

1) The storylines I have done, in terms of class specific and whatnot have made me feel suprisingly badass, like I'm important to the horde in some small way. Usually I feel like I'm there, but just a passenger on the train, now I feel like I'm almost driving the car for the first time. They are pretty good and make me want to do more.

2) The areas havent brought out a whole new level of quests like jumping around on the backs of dragons fighting people... but it hasn't bogged me down with huge amounts of repetition yet. I have fallen to my death a few times, once completely my fault, the other not so much. And the scenery and scale makes feel like I'm in the land not in a repetitive scale of silly where most trees dont feel like trees. I've stopped once or twice to check something out and thats a good thing.

3) I havent done any instances yet, waiting for a time me and my friends are on together, but i actually want to run some. I feel like they might be pretty frigging cool.

This is about as much as I haven enjoyed an expansion in a long time... This is nearing my enjoyment I had with WOTLK (Wrath of the Lich King)... which is saying a lot. The instances and raids will determine how much closer it gets. because I dont know how it will compete with Uludaar and Naxx (which I know is older, but that was the first time I really got to run it...)

I ran Kara a lot back in the days and it's a classic and I guess it's coming back which is a great thing. But they need to make a Raid or two of their own where I just thoroughly enjoy the progression before I love this expax too much.

Anyways, I'm enjoying this expansion way more than I thought I would, and am glad i got it... which is rarer than I care to admit.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Semaj wrote:I have fallen to my death a few times, once completely my fault, the other not so much.
I had this happen yesterday - had to follow questgiver as he jumped over a cliff into a pool. I jumped and somehow landed in shallow water which killed me forcing me into a pretty long corpse run to continue the quest.

If you're going to design a quest where you jump into water maybe it would be a good idea to make the water deep enough to allow you to survive the fall. :doh:
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Be a Mage like me. Problem solved :lol:
Black Lives Matter