Reminder: For your holiday/Black Friday shopping, please use the Amazon affiliate links. This time of year can generate the lion's share of affiliate income for the year to keep the lights on. Every bit helps! Thanks!

Alien Isolation play through 2016

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis

Daehawk

Alien Isolation play through 2016

Post by Daehawk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Had this in my backlog a while now and decided I better get to it before it looks so old I wont play it.

Curious...any mods for this? :)

Ok theres a control bug giving me trouble. When I use a computer it says SPACE is back. So I hit it and it goes back to the main menu but thats it. I cant get out of the computer. If I grab my controller the B is back and it goes back to menu then again to exit the computer. Why wont my keyboard bind do that? Im stuck in the computers unless I reach over and tap B on my controller. I cant keep that up and I dont want to use the controller for the entire game because turning and looking behind me is too slow. I prefer mouse keyboard for these fps games.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

BooTx

Re: Alien Isolation play through 2016

Post by BooTx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Q is back for me and it exits the computer as well.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 pm

If you figure out a way to make this game not make me want to hurl after 5 minutes of playing, I'm all for joining along. FOV + Headbobbing = grip the side of my desk and wait for queasy stomach to stop. I really wanted to get into this game, but there's seemingly no easy way to adjust either.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:16 pm

BooTx wrote:Q is back for me and it exits the computer as well.
Thanks...I put it to Q and it works right...I changed it to END and it also works right.

Are there limited saves? I saved twice in that room because I love having a lot of saves going and now it says plz wait at the save box and wont let me save my new settings.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

BooTx

Post by BooTx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I think it's more of a cool down period on the save station than there being a limited number of saves.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Ok thanks....phew....from the video plays of this games Ive watched Im going to need a lot of them.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Has it been two years already?
I remember paying full price for it so I'd have it to play on my big Halloween 2014 holiday play thing.

I got it fired up, played around in the opening hallways a bit, then stopped for whatever reason. And there it still sits.

I'll give it another shot THIS Halloween! I already asked for that week off. And I usually get it, since nobody but me wants to take Halloween off as a holiday for some reason. But it is just mega-cool!
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd

Holman

Post by Holman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 am

Isolation isn't 100% perfect, but it captures the atmosphere of the original movie better than any other game. I really liked it.

I recently tried playing through on the highest difficulty level, but it was too hard for me. Not unrealistically so--it felt exactly as hard as it looked like it was in the movie. I spent most of my time worried about moving from cover and tensing up at every noise.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:30 pm

I played with my ass puckered the entire time. the sounds freak me out not to mention the smoke stuff.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Oh holy damn shit..was playing alien and my buddy bought the farm and Im waiting on a train ride and the music is pumping, a heartbeat is sounding, and the music is ratcheting up..come on train!!! click click button its not faster ARGH COME ON TRAIN....had to quit a bit..heart racing
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

Usually the alien doesn't appear until the train arrives and I get on. But this time just as it arrives the alien kills me. No idea why it changed unless I was standing in the wrong place or something.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Punisher

Post by Punisher » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Daehawk wrote:Usually the alien doesn't appear until the train arrives and I get on. But this time just as it arrives the alien kills me. No idea why it changed unless I was standing in the wrong place or something.
When talking about Alien, every place is the wrong place...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am

Back to playing this and still dont know what Im doing or supposed to be doing. I found the black box the then i die in the next area.

1. I came upon a room with a girl that shoots at me and I get her door hacking tool. I killed all 3 of them. Is it wrong to kill other humans? Should I just sneak around?

2. Im playing on easy and dying....thats how bad I am at this. When I come back to that area where I killed those three the alien is there killing some guy. I can leave that area..I even hid in a locker..but got out and looked around and died. Im not sure what Im doing here. Theres still locked areas but I have no hack or key. All I can access it seems in a train to area 1 and one to area 2. Should I leave? If I stay the alien finally catches me. Ive stayed hid in a locker for 5 min and the music never changes. I have no idea how to know if he leaves or how to get him to leave. Am I supposed to take the train and just leave areas un finished?

EDIT: Watched a video and saw how to leave. But Im still leaving areas unexplored...doors are still locked. i have no way to open them. I guess a lot of backtracking will commence sometimes.

Also why must all these games have machines with great looking food in them you cant eat!? Maddening. Hotdogs, burgers, yum.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

BooTx

Post by BooTx » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Sounds like you're the food in this game.

I do have to install this one again for a nice Fall / Winter playthrough. I really had a great time playing this game. I can't believe how much they nailed the feel of the original movie.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 am

It sure makes you nervous with the sounds, lighting, and smoke and music. Didn't help to see the alien in a room and then on another I hear something behind me and turn and see it behind me . I turned to run and it stabbed me.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 pm

I finally finished the game!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906