Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1431. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Death Stranding - Kojima and Norman Reedus

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic
Loading…

Re: Death Stranding - Kojima and Norman Reedus

Post by coopasonic »

I watched the credits roll this afternoon... but the game didn't end. I'm glad I didn't just turn it off, which was a temptation given how freaking long the credits scenes drag on.
-Coop

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Yeah I talked about the end credits in a spoiler tag a while ago. But hands down the LOONGGESST end credit scene ever. It could have been cut in half and it would still be the longest end credit scene ever.
FTE

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was seriously considering this as my next purchase but apparently my video card (NVIDIA 970) isn't powerful enough. I mean, I know it's older, but I was kinda surprised. Might be time to risk a card upgrade during the pandemic. If not for this, then most likely for Cyberpunk 2077

Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

A quick search on the Steam forum reveals some people reporting 30+ FPS with a 970, for what it's worth.
The pro gamer formerly known as Huw the Poo

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh yeah? I wasn't expecting it to look like a 4K production, but I figured the game wouldn't even let me load without meeting minimum video card (4GB memory?) requirements. I'll take another look, but still likely wait a week or two for patches and fixes. From what I've read it's a little wonky and requires latest graphic drivers update. I'll let things settle out a bit and keep watching. Thanks.

Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

In fact this guy looks like he's even hitting 60fps in places. I guess a lot depends on the rest of your hardware. But remember Steam has a decent refund policy so it won't hurt you to try.

The pro gamer formerly known as Huw the Poo

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Even more interesting. I'm running an i-7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz w/ 16 GB of RAM on Win10 64. I know my 970 is the bottleneck, but I didn't think it would be a problem here. Definitely encouraging.

The STEAM refund policy is definitely the reason I'd even consider it now, for sure.

IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Smoove, that's exactly my hardware and for a video card I have a 970 GTX. I admit I didn't even check the minimum requirements and if you hadn't said that it wasn't supposed to run on a 970 I would not have known as it seems to run perfectly fine