Space Hulk: Deathwing

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sepiche

Space Hulk: Deathwing

Post by Sepiche »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298900

Picked this up a bit back and finally had some time to try out the campaign last night. Really fun so far. Looks great visually, and they did a great job of making you feel like a powerful super soldier in a lumbering suit of terminator armor killing genestealers.

Anyone else pick this up interested in trying some coop?
GreenGoo

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing

Post by GreenGoo »

It's on the list. Most WH40K stuff is.

Let me know when it's 10 bucks (or less).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

<taptaptaptaptap> Enhance!
The Enhanced Edition brings a wealth of all-new features and upgrades for the ultimate Space Hulk: Deathwing experience, including deep class customization and the Chaplain class, as well as new weapons, enemy types and the highly-replayable Special Missions mode.

All of these features are totally free for all Space Hulk: Deathwing owners on PC,, while the Enhanced Edition also marks the game’s first ever release on PlayStation 4. New players on Steam will also benefit from an exclusive 20% Early Adopter discount.
-20% $39.99 $31.99
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm It's on the list. Most WH40K stuff is.

Let me know when it's 10 bucks (or less).
$16 was the low water mark before the enhancement, so it's going to be a while.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I read your post, fyi. Thanks.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

For 10 bucks, I decided to pull the trigger on this. Seems like it'd be something fun to play in coop, as the AI allies are pretty awful (and I'm not exactly an expert). Anybody want to see about getting some coop xenos purging going?
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I was kinda thinking about it myself. Any quick reactions?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

If you're looking for an in-depth examination of the human condition or a character-driven story that really makes you care, this ain't it. But if you want to squash some big bugs using a variety of heavy weapons, then you probably won't regret it at eleven bucks.

I've tried about half of the weapons so far, and my favorite is the "redeemer" or whatever it's called. It's basically a shotgun with a twenty round clip that will one shot most of the standard genestealers. It's not that great at extreme ranges, but that's ok. I've also got my guy upgraded with a psychic power that sends a guided flame column along the floor, great for when things get a little too crowded.

The bad guys are your standard genestealers mixed with four-armed cultists and some big guys. You and your squad aren't nearly as fragile as in the tabletop game, but the squad is a bit limited in what they can equip.

In terms of tactics, your best bet is to run as fast as possible towards your objective, only stopping to eliminate genestealers directly in your way. If you're going for the relics, you want to get those before hitting the objectives, because a lot of the time, hitting an objective turns the knob up on how many genestealers come at you or starts a timer.

So, fun overall, but not spectacular.
Black Lives Matter