For Honor - mp medieval team based

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

For Honor - mp medieval team based

Post by Daehawk »

Dont we have a thread on this? Thought I even posted in it.

AAaaaanyways Jan 26th is some closed beta action for PC, XBone, PS4.

Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
tgb

Re: For Honor beta signups

Post by tgb »

I can't tell from the website what the hell it is. MMORPG? MOBA? Dating sim? Single player?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

For Honor is an upcoming online action hack and slash video game in development by Ubisoft Montreal and set to be published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

3 sided 3rd person medieval warfare.....Knights, Vikings, Samurai

2015 E3 trailer

I signed up for PC / Vikings

Actual gameplay
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

That looks pretty cool. Hopefully they've made the faction colors a little more vivid instead of sticking to "everyone's covered in shit".
There is no hug button. Sad!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Except the king.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tgb wrote:I can't tell from the website what the hell it is. MMORPG? MOBA? Dating sim? Single player?
Multiplayer Online Dating Arena, I think.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Unagi wrote:
tgb wrote:I can't tell from the website what the hell it is. MMORPG? MOBA? Dating sim? Single player?
Multiplayer Online Dating Arena, I think.
You see, when a samurai, a viking and a medieval knight love each other very much...
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been playing the beta for two days and I HATE IT! Ugh...really hoped for a fun game. it has its moments but the controls are just killing it for me. WAAY too many buttons to keep up with. I just hate it. Its ruined the game for me completely and no longer have any interest in paying for it.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Enlarge Image
:coffee: For Honor will cost you over $700 .. in microtransactions for all unlocks, or two and a half years to earn without them
For Honor enjoyed a decent launch week in the UK charts when it released at the end of February, but things have started to go down hill rather swiftly, with p2p connectivity issues, cheaters running rampant, and people playing silly buggers with AFK farming.

Just two weeks after release, the game lost 50% of its player base on Steam. Things are not looking peachy in the land of samurais, vikings, and knights.

And now they’re looking even worse, as some number-crunching has been going on over on Reddit, with user bystander007 totting up just how much it would cost in microtransactions to unlock all of the bells and whistles for the 12 heroes, and the heroes themselves – not counting any DLC.

“Ubisoft is notorious for their deceptively expensive multiplayer games as anyone who has played any of their recent Tom Clancy games could tell you. I personally have just suppressed the Completionist within me and stopped bothering to grind for unlocks. Once you do the math, you’ll agree.”
according to bystander007:
Spoiler:
According to bystander007, it costs around 91,500 steel (the in-game currency) to unlock each character and all of their customisations in the base game. For all 12, we’re looking at 1,098,000 steel, which equates to approximately 7.32 of the $100 steel packs.

“So Ubisoft has valued their in-game unlocks within the base game at a $732 over-charge of the original $60-100 spent on the game.”

If you’re thinking about not dropping any money on the steel packs because you’re happy to earn them through playing the game, bystander007 has some bad news for you.

“Casual players who play 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week will never reach this goal. Completing Orders/half-Contracts will get you roughly 1000 Steel, another roughly 200 for the matches you played. So 1200 a day is a good estimated gain for casual players. That’s 915 days. Roughly 2.51 years.”

While the rate of earning steel varies depending on how much time you’re sinking in to the game, the post points out that even the most hardcore players willing to grind the hell out of it are looking at a year.

“To everyone…who comments ‘Do you really need all unlocks?’ My answer is a big fat resounding…YES. [Because I paid] for them. It’s base game content in a full price game I paid for. I should be able to get every single unlock I conceivably want to unlock. And it shouldn’t take me 2 years to [do it]…”

If the math is sound, then bystander007 has a point. Microtransactions can be a quick way to unlock things for those people that don’t have as much time to play as others, letting them catch up without sinking hours of their time into the game, but conversely, you should be able to unlock content in the base game within a reasonable amount of time if you don’t want to spend any extra cash.

What are your thoughts on all of this? Has Ubisoft crossed the line with this? Do you think players shouldn’t get worked up about having to spend either money or an exorbitant amount of time to unlock base game content?
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Free play weekend this weekend through Uplay. Im preloading it now.
Daehawk

Re: For Honor - mp medieval team based

Post by Daehawk »

Ive done all the tutorials. Beat my commander. So Im ready for the free weekend to start. For some reason I thought it started early today but it wont find any games. Guess its waiting until Friday after all.