Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bad Demographic

Re: Looking for group

Post by Bad Demographic »

I finally managed to finish up the Castle Drachenfels Hard contract from a couple days ago.

There's a Smugglers Run on Nightmare contract. Does anybody want to team up for that? I can't play Sunday, so if there are no takers today will probably snag the quest and hope for later.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And for the insane...

Map.....................Level+......Requirements........Rewards
Smuggler's Run........Nightmare..Mission Complete...15 Opal Tokens AND key

Did it! With bots. Rewards were: 1 green, 2 blue, 4! orange, and 1! red. So naturally I got a blue. :grund: (Guess I should be happy I didn't get a green.)
No ogre. I suspect that would have changed things. We did really well up until the last room and hall. Waywatcher went down and had to be rescued.

One nice thing about bots is that they won't generally shoot you. It's possible that there were a few occurrences of friendly fire perpetrated by yours truly.

I did equip both the Empire Soldier and the Dwarf with shields. I'm going to need to work on getting better options there.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Two more attempts at Nightmare Smuggler's Run with BD. One failure, one success. And missed getting an orange again. :(

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Today's Vermintide (solo-able) contracts....

Map.....................Level+.....Requirements........Rewards
The White Rat.........Easy........Kill ogre..............2h defense AND key
Smuggler's Run........Easy........Mission Complete...1h stamina
The Cursed Rune......Normal.....2 Grimoires.........40 Jade Tokens (DLC)

For the brave, foolhardy, or both...
The White.............Hard.......Mission Complete..............30 Hematite Tokens

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Anyone else going to be playing tonight?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian and I just managed White Rat on hard. It was really, really close.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:Brian and I just managed White Rat on hard. It was really, really close.
Cong-rats! I was tempted to try it with bots on Hard, but it might be too much for them. On normal I had some issues with them falling off ledges. Hard might be pushing it.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I also managed to pray up a new axe and shield, blues with good abilities (chance to heal, chance to not cost stamina on block), and it made a big difference playing with the dwarf.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The Horn of Magnus..Easy........Kill ogre..............2h defense AND key
Well Watch.............Easy........Kill ogre.............30 Jade Tokens
Summoner's Peak.....Normal.....Kill ogre..............2h defense(DLC)

Supply and Demand....Hard........2 Grimoires.........35 Hematite Tokens
Man the Ramparts.....Nightmare..Mission Complete...15 Opal Tokens

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So I learned yesterday that those skills are just temp buffs with an immediate activation...?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yep. They have a duration included (2h defense AND key) - that's two hours, not two-handed.

My usual method is to horde them where practical and turn them in when I want to try something tough.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Smuggler's Run on Nightmare with bots. A little dicey right at the end, but we all made it through. Got an orange trinket! 6% speed... but at least I can break it down to get tokens.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And Man the Ramparts Nightmare falls. Definitely helps/requires at least 2 human players.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TheMix wrote: Map.....................Level+.....Requirements........Rewards
The Horn of Magnus..Easy........Kill ogre..............2h defense AND key
Ran it twice. The first time, with two other humans, they pushed it off the rooftops. No kill.
The first time was mostly bots only. No ogre appeared.

:evil:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Waterfront.............Easy........Kill ogre..............1h stamina AND key
Waterfront.............Easy........Kill ogre..............1h stamina
Khazid Kro.............Normal.....2 Grimoires.........40 Jade Tokens(DLC)

Castle Drachenfels....Hard........Kill ogre.............25 Hematite Tokens(DLC)
Well Watch.............Nightmare.Kill ogre.............30 Opal Tokens (Don't see this happening with bots.)

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Annnnddddd.... failed Waterfront on Hard. Breezing through and I took on the ogre on the docs. He then proceed to knock me into the water. :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Survived Waterfront on hard (learned from your example and avoided the docks for the rat ogre fight), and completed an older contract to get 2 grimoires for Supply and Demand on hard.

I'm up for trying Well Watch on Nightmare if any of you want to.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Made it through White Rat on hard w/bots - on the second try. The first time the rat ogre dropped down just as I threw a bomb, so I missed. Second time through I had time to take a strength potion before tossing the bomb, killed him on the stairs.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The White Rat.........Easy........Kill ogre..............2h damage AND key
Man the Ramparts.....Easy........Kill ogre..............2h damage
Engines of War.........Normal.....2 Grimoires.........40 Jade Tokens

Supply and Demand....Hard.......1 Grimoir............25 Hematite Tokens
Well Watch.............Nightmare.Kill ogre.............30 Opal Tokens

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The Cursed Run........Easy........2 Tomes..............1h stagger AND key (DLC)
Chain of Fire...........Easy........Kill ogre..............1h stagger (DLC)
Khazid Kro..............Normal....3 Tomes..............35 Jade Tokens

Waterfront..............Hard........Kill ogre..............20 Hematite Tokens
Smuggler's Run.........Nightmare..Mission Complete..15 Opal Tokens AND key!

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well that's a pretty crappy day for non-DLC owners.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

*#$&(&*

Need one more grimoire on Supply & Demand on hard. Two attempts. The first one I got the ogre way too early with no healing, potions, or bombs, and got trapped in an alley. The second I had four grain sacks loaded when all three bots went down to one Stormvermin. One person just can't carry a sack through a horde by themselves.
Bad Demographic

Maybe tonight we can try some of the Nightmare missions?

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'll likely be out for tonight. Last night my friend is in town. Probably try some Mechs vs. Minions tonight.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Blackhawk wrote:*#$&(&*

Need one more grimoire on Supply & Demand on hard. Two attempts. The first one I got the ogre way too early with no healing, potions, or bombs, and got trapped in an alley. The second I had four grain sacks loaded when all three bots went down to one Stormvermin. One person just can't carry a sack through a horde by themselves.
I can give you a hand - I'll watch for you (off and on) during the day.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well that was odd...

I was running the Waterfront on Hard to kill the ogre. Get down with the second building, pop through the door into the "safe" area to stock up. Hung out in there for a bit and thought I heard the ogre. Waited, but he never showed. So I jumped down into the big courtyard area. And waited, and waited, and waited... no ogre. Finally glanced up and saw that I had credit for the kill. No idea where he appeared. Maybe in the collapsed building? I'll have to see if I can figure out how to replicate. That would make Nightmare a LOT easier.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Tried Smuggler's Run on Nightmare. I've done it before. No luck this time. First time barely avoided a patrol near the front, but then didn't move fast enough; apparently they turned around and came back. Second run got an ogre... first one. And managed to kill it. Then died in the second gate room... because my idiot bots let me go down shortly before we jumped down. We were in the little room with the bars and got a horde. I was watching the "window" and mistakenly thought they were watching the door. Turns out they all ran out of the room, leaving me to get completely surrounded. So when we jumped down into the gate room, I had only a couple bars of gray health. Went down again and died.

:grund: :grund: :grund:

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well Watch.............Easy........Kill ogre..............1h stamina AND key
Wheat and Chaff......Easy........Mission Complete...1h stamina
The White Rate.......Normal.....1 Grimoire...........40 Jade Tokens

Waterfront..............Hard........Kill ogre..............20 Hematite Tokens

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well Watch on Normal. Never used a healing item and finished with almost full health. I think only the dwarf used a healing item. Very easy run. White reward though... :(

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Finished off all the (doable) quests. With Blackhawk's help, completed Smuggler's Run Nightmare on the second try. Apparently not getting an Ogre + Horde + Assassin is the way to go... 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:Finished off all the (doable) quests. With Blackhawk's help, completed Smuggler's Run Nightmare on the second try. Apparently not getting an Ogre + Horde + Assassin is the way to go... 8-)
Wow! Blackhawk, Brian and I made several tries at various Nightmare level contracts (Well Watch, etc.) and failed repeatedly. Not a very successful night.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, last night went poorly. In the end we actually ran White Rat on easy - just for the catharsis of revenge.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Bad Demographic wrote:
TheMix wrote:Finished off all the (doable) quests. With Blackhawk's help, completed Smuggler's Run Nightmare on the second try. Apparently not getting an Ogre + Horde + Assassin is the way to go... 8-)
Wow! Blackhawk, Brian and I made several tries at various Nightmare level contracts (Well Watch, etc.) and failed repeatedly. Not a very successful night.
I'd love to say that it was because I wasn't there. :ninja:

However, I'm well aware that that would not be the case. So far I've found luck to be the major factor in my Nightmare successes. First off, there needs to be no ogre and no patrol. Then you really need to have a decent amount of luck with healing items. Also seems like there needs to be fewer Stormvermin.

I'm thinking that with some judicious luck, we might be able to handle Waterfront on Nightmare. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to avoid the ogre entirely. He seems to spawn as soon as you jump down into the big courtyard. So if you waited for a while, allowing the boat to make it to the dock, you could then drop down and bolt up either through the tunnel or to the right, and then up and over the roof/wall/building. That would put you on a straight run to the boat.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

To add, I'd definitely avoid Well Watch on Nightmare.

The only ones that I actively consider right now are Smuggler's Run (and pray for no ogre) and Man the Ramparts (no ogre!). I'm thinking that Waterfront might also work. If you approach the buildings in the right way, you can definitely minimize risk. Then the possibility of skipping the ogre. And I just thought of a question... does everyone get the rewards for completion? Or only those that live? Because if losing a player only means less XP, then we could just sacrifice someone to the ogre if necessary. Waterfront also has the benefit of being short.

Basically, right now I only think about side missions.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have seen several videos on Nightmare that used various 'avoid the ogre' strategies, often involving having one person who gets aggro kite him around, blocking and dodging, while everyone else finishes the mission, then just bringing him along to the boat/wagon.

I've heard good things about using Smuggler's Run, Waterfront, and Ramparts for farming. A couple of tips that I've found:

~Hold block while reviving. You won't get hit while your stamina holds out.

~On Waterfront, if you practice, you can apparently throw the barrels down and directly onto the target beams. I'd probably practice that on Easy a few times before I tried on Nightmare, though.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Honestly, though, I think the real trick to ogres is just for us to get better at fighting them. If we can learn to actually tank the damned things, the damage they deal won't be as much of an issue. One person tanks, the rest clear the trash and then plink away at the ogre.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

BD and I successfully ran all three of those on Nightmare. She managed to pull out an orange reward even.

No ogre on Smug's. And managed to avoid the patrol. We did bail on the dwarf who ran off back down the passage. Idiot. We also had to do the first room down one bot. Because they were both too stupid to get out of the gas clouds.

Got the ogre, obviously, on Waterfront, but let him eat the soldier. The dwarf had already died because he was stupid and didn't keep up. We actually did the last three columns without him. Ended up using a potion to sprint over and rez him while waiting for the boat. So that the ogre would target him. It worked. BD dropped on the docks, but I was able to clear and get her back on her feet.

Ramparts was ramparts. Pretty easy for the most part. Didn't get the wall of Stormvermin before the tower. So that made it a lot easier. Then she sniped most of the Stormvermin around the chains. Easy peasy.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

I'll be out for Sunday nights game since the wife and I are going to see a special screening of Night of the Comet.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I figure everyone is checking on their own, so I'm going to stop posting the contracts for the day.

The key for us non-DLC'ers is from a doubled up Black Powder Easy/Hard run.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackpowder is down. Rolled a 6! So close. Of course this time I only had one orange for Hard. :(

Black Lives Matter