Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Brian

Re: Looking for group

Post by Brian »

I haven't made a reservation anywhere yet. I'll probably pick someplace close to El Pinto if that's where we decide to eat.

I'll check my various hotel chain reward points and try to pick out a place tonight.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Brian

Post by Brian »

Bad Demographic wrote:Hey Brian, do you know where you're staying in Albuquerque? Bob and I could stay in the same place and bring some board games or dvds.
Reservation for 8/10/17 made at:

Home2 Suites
1660 University Blvd NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87102
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Okay. We'll make reservations there, too.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

If there are good quests and/or contracts, I'm willing to play extra days/evenings until the current event is over.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

I checked this morning and it shows the same three skull trinket rewards so I don't know if those are changing.

The double-key quest today is Garden of Moor : Hard

The community challenge was gone up to nearly 17,000,000 out of 100,000,000 now.
Bad Demographic

Maybe so you can get all three? I wonder if new ones will appear when you've gotten the (initial) three?
I did the double-key quest. They sure give you plenty of opportunity to get skulls! I think every chest has a skull, and I found a large rat (not skaven) standing near a chest holding a skull in its mouth. Didn't even have to kill the rat to take the skull. Oh - and on that map we killed 59 stormvermin and 39 specials.
The community challenge is over 21K now.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Some things we discussed:

Rainbow Six: Siege

Rainbow Six 3. He's running with AI bots, but in co-op it is humans instead.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Here's a couple videos of the Achievement Hunter crew playing R6: Siege in Terrorist Hunt mode.

Part 1
Part 2

Yeah, they're not great at it. :)

Since Terrorist Hunt is against AI opponents, this is the mode we would be playing so I figured this would be a good indicator of what the game is like.

With the Starter Edition of the game being only $15, I think it's worth playing. I would even be willing to buy everybody their own copy but it wouldn't be until I get back from Arizona.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Food for thought... if they are going to just give us those same 3 trinkets for the next few days, save the "easy" Hard contracts that give 2 keys. Or at least save 2 of them. That's 4 keys for whatever pops up after this event is done. There will probably be enough of the regular contracts to get the trinkets.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Bad Demographic

One of the contracts today is Engines of War (>=Easy), collect Tomes. Do any of you want to play tonight and collect tomes? Or shall I just save it for tomorrow?

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

BD, take another look at that quest. It only requires 1 tome. I'd say go ahead and knock it out. I would suggest everyone grab the special contract. Though, since it has a timer, you probably can't save it until tomorrow. .... Actually, I have no idea how that timer works. It could just mean it won't be available to pick up after it expires, but if it's in your list, then it stays. The previous one that I completed is still in my queue. At any rate, I'm going to knock out the easy one to make sure I have room to grab and complete the special one.

Also, last night they actually had a note about when the numbers of kills would be updated. So other people must have been confused by that as well. But now the note is gone... so who knows. But we are about half way there.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I will likely knock out the special contract today with the kids.

I may or may not be available tomorrow night. If you missed it in Random Randomness, a few weeks ago my downstairs neighbor bought a yard-sale microwave that turned out to be full of roaches. Tomorrow we'll be bug bombing the entire building. By tonight everything important will be stuffed into sealed garbage bags or covered with plastic to keep the gas out. Tomorrow we'll be out of the house for five hours, mostly with the AC off and the windows open during a heat index of 113 degrees. When we get back, we'll have to scrub every flat surface we regularly come into contact with, vacuum everything, and then unpack again. If I'm done (or done enough to finish on Monday), I'll join in.

I wish they hadn't nerfed the Bag of Herbs down from 80% gas protection. I'd just wear the damned thing and stay home.
Bad Demographic

Thanks, TheMix. I guess I'll get on later and knock off that contract, also the 2-key one. I'm thinking of getting all 3 of the purple trinkets, just for the hell of it. After that, I'll save up keys for later.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yeah, I keep waffling on that... I now have the 2 purples that "replace" the orange ones I already have. I just really don't want the 3rd one. But it's a ... collectible, I guess. Right now, though, I have 2 completed 2 key contracts. I'd really much rather be able to put 4 keys towards something that I want after this event is done. Especially if I get the 2 key one tomorrow and have 6 keys. Of course, until I spend them, I won't be able to get anything else. So maybe I'll use tomorrow's contracts to get the last trinket.

I really wish they gave us 4-5 slots for contracts...

Oh, and good luck, BH.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:Oh, and good luck, BH.
Ditto!

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Kill tally is over 91 million.
I thought I'd try adding a little so I played Town Hall on the "lowest" level. Got through 19 waves and ended up overwhelmed by a bunch of stormvermin in wave 20. We had earlier survived 2 rat ogres although it was quite close. A few more health drops would have helped a lot.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

According to Reddit, today's quests include:

Orange Trinket | Gunnery School Guide, Expert - (60% radius increase to grenades, disables friendly fire on grenades) - 9 keys

Given the patches recently, that's a must-have for nightmare.
Bad Demographic

That's a good trinket - I got it earlier.
The community achieved the 100 million skaven killed (got 2 million over). If you log in, you'll get a new hat for each character. I don't know if there will be any other prizes other than wallpaper.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I did grab that trinket. Yay!

Sadly, no early morning 2 key quest. So I only had 4 keys to put towards the trinket. Still, it won't take that long.

Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Looks like I'm out for this Thursday as The Meal is coming through town on his way back home so we'll be meeting for dinner.

I'll be there on Sunday though.
Bad Demographic

Brian wrote:Looks like I'm out for this Thursday as The Meal is coming through town on his way back home so we'll be meeting for dinner.

I'll be there on Sunday though.
Say "Hi" to The Meal for us. It's been a long time since we saw him.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, nobody is in. Are we cancelling?
Johnhunt

Post by Johnhunt »

I would also like to team-up with The Division game.
Bad Demographic

Johnhunt wrote:I would also like to team-up with The Division game.
Which is the Division Game - R6 or Raven Shield? Or is it another game. Is it a good 5+ player game? Can we all play against the same enemy (AI)? Having another player would be great. And having a game that would accommodate more than 4 (without being extra difficult when we're 4 or fewer) would also be great.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It is Tom Clancy's The Division. Different world from Rainbow (which takes place in the Ryanverse along with most of the Clancy novels and movies.)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Also, bot maybe?

Not to mention that the ship on The Division has sailed already. I did a run with Griffman through the entire storyline and likely won't be going back for another.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

R6: Siege is on sale for $22 for however long, probably not too long given that the sale says "last chance."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hell, I went ahead and bought it. I'll just take it out of my GenCon budget. At least I won't have to choose between operators.
Bad Demographic

Arg! I meant to buy it but forgot. Oh well.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

So, after some unpleasantness... the Star trinket is no more. It does seem to heal everyone that is part of the pool, but only by whatever you have missing. So if I was done 40% and used a potion, I only got 10% back. So I guess it was good for the bots, but not for me. Also, I got in trouble when all the bots were sitting at just above red, but wouldn't heal themselves. Then they decided to go stand in poison gas. So that didn't work well.

So no more Stars. With players it might work well, but not with bots. At least not on Nightmare.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

On a separate note, Killing Floor 2 is the main game in the Monthly Humble Bundle. That makes it $12. It supports 6 players.

I watched a bunch of the trailers, and it seems to be Left4Dead on steroids. Lots more weapons. Lots more blood. Lots more over-the-top-ness.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

I picked up Rainbow 6: Siege. Bought it through Greenman which turned out to be a kind of pita. Register on Greenman. Buy. Need to download through Uplay - need to register there. But wait - need to register at Ubisoft instead. But wait - evidently I'm registered with them (???) but have no idea what my password is. So request a password reset. Try again, etc. Need to dl Google Authenticator to my phone. Authenticate account at Ubisoft. Finally get to download the game.
Today I went to play and had to log into Uplay, authenticate, etc. I only save about $6 - I should have just bought it at full price via Steam.

Anyway. I have the game. Can I play by myself to practice?

(so nice to just have first world problems!)

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:So, after some unpleasantness... the Star trinket is no more. It does seem to heal everyone that is part of the pool, but only by whatever you have missing. So if I was done 40% and used a potion, I only got 10% back. So I guess it was good for the bots, but not for me. Also, I got in trouble when all the bots were sitting at just above red, but wouldn't heal themselves. Then they decided to go stand in poison gas. So that didn't work well.

So no more Stars. With players it might work well, but not with bots. At least not on Nightmare.
I now have that Star trinket. Maybe the others will be able to get it eventually, too. Of course, you may find that sharing damage with me is about like sharing with the bots since I tend to take a lot of damage!

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

Bad Demographic wrote:I picked up Rainbow 6: Siege. Bought it through Greenman which turned out to be a kind of pita. Register on Greenman. Buy. Need to download through Uplay - need to register there. But wait - need to register at Ubisoft instead. But wait - evidently I'm registered with them (???) but have no idea what my password is. So request a password reset. Try again, etc. Need to dl Google Authenticator to my phone. Authenticate account at Ubisoft. Finally get to download the game.
Today I went to play and had to log into Uplay, authenticate, etc. I only save about $6 - I should have just bought it at full price via Steam.

Anyway. I have the game. Can I play by myself to practice?

(so nice to just have first world problems!)
Yeah, not a huge fan of Ubisoft's process.

My recommendation would be to run through the Situations first as they are single player tutorials that provide a good feel for what to expect in the game.

Then you can play Terrorist Hunt in Lone Wolf mode after that.

Once you start earning Renown Points, you can use them to unlock gear and new operatives.
Last edited by Brian on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Demographic

Wow - I see I'm going to need to practice this a lot - even just to control movement and looking around.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Tactical shooters are a slightly different set of reflexes from other games with that control scheme. They're all about learning positioning and precision. The reflexes will come quickly enough once you start playing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I believe that Lord of the Ring: War in the North has been mentioned several times as a future possibility. Bundle Stars has it for three bucks right now.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

WotN is not bad as a multi-player. However, be aware that it is only 3 person. So it might be useful on a night when everyone isn't there.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Oh yeah, I've got a copy of that. If you guys decide to play it and need a third, I'd be in.
Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Are we playing this Thursday? Are we playing Sunday?

Black Lives Matter