Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Brian

Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

Post by Brian »

So I'm tired of waiting for all of my RL friends (both of them) to have free time for gameplay.

It's a long story but basically my gaming friends have too much responsibility and too little time for gaming. As for myself, I have ample free time but I hate playing with anonymous PUGs.

For example, even though GTAV has been out for years, I still have only completed one 4 man heist.

I'm hoping there are enough people on here that we can form a group of 4-6 (more?) people that can commit to (at the very least) a single day/night a month (weekends best) for two or more hours a session.

I would like this to be a regular thing which is why I emphasized being able to commit.

I'm mostly concerned with PC games (GTAV, Rainbow 6: Siege, Payday 2, etc) but I also have an XBox One S so can also accommodate XB games (GTAV, Gears 4, Worms, etc)

Obviously I lean heavily towards shooters but am up for other games as well.

So, anybody interested?
Last edited by Brian on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jaymann

Re: Looking for group

Post by Jaymann »

I will commit to Divinity Original Sin 2 or Everquest (Project 1999).
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

Guess I should have indicated that I'm not the least bit interested in MMOS but honestly, I'm just happy that somebody finally responded. :)

I mean, I always suspected I was an unlikable asshole but after 25+ views and no responses I was thinking I had confirmation. At least now I can still say it's up in the air.

For now.... :ninja:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Brian wrote:able to commit.
Here's your problem. I freely admit that I'm a flake.

If you wanted to set up a monthly schedule where people could a) plan and b) drop in and out based on game and availability, I think it would be more likely to get off the ground.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Xbox I can maybe do. Have gears 4 (unplayed), destiny, titanfall 2, the division and a couple of others.

Pyperkub on Xbox
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Brian wrote:able to commit.
Here's your problem. I freely admit that I'm a flake.

If you wanted to set up a monthly schedule where people could a) plan and b) drop in and out based on game and availability, I think it would be more likely to get off the ground.
We'll that's pretty much what I'm asking for.
I don't think two hours a month is too much to ask.
I figure setting a specific day/time makes it easier to plan/commit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

On a personal note, I'd love to get some monthly gaming with the peeps in. Heck, even some Tabletop Simulator games. I can tell you that, at present, Sundays and Wednesdays would not be doable for me.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Brian wrote:I mean, I always suspected I was an unlikable asshole but after 25+ views and no responses I was thinking I had confirmation. At least now I can still say it's up in the air.
We didn't want to say anything, but since you brought it up... :p

For me personally:
A) not into shooters, none of the games you listed
B) don't own an Xbox (consoles generally are not my thing)
C) I can't commit to squat. I try to keep the last Saturday of every month open for local group boardgaming day, but I think I made it maybe 6 of the last 12 months. Suspect you'd like something a little more reliable than that.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Yeah, I hate shooters also. Sorry bro.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd love to do this as well, as I generally have free time if I schedule it, but I'd be held back by not having current games very often - or ever (of those you listed, I have zero.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i dont normally play shooters; though i had been playing the hell out of battlefield 1 & battlefront (both ps4). Not so much now. However, that being said if there is a thread I'd definitely pay attention to it for grouping opportunities.

I have a PS4 & a PC
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Pretty much the same for me. I'd be up for group gaming, but not much into shooters. PS4 and PC here.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'd like to team up with somone(s) on The Division.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I'm up for it though I don't shooters installed.....no adverse to shooters though. 1 day a month would be pretty easy for me, very flexible.

Had a blast doing Diablo 3 once a week even though i sucked.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isg beat me to it. I was going to say that I don't have any of those games, or an Xbox, but that I'd be happy to do some Tabletop Simulator "board gaming".

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, and though I played the snot out of both, I'd be willing to do some Borderlands or Diablo 3. I could probably jump into some Dead Island too.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Brian wrote:
It's a long story but basically my gaming friends have too much responsibility and too little time for gaming.
I'd love to help, but this describes me right now. Well, not exactly. I do make time for gaming but I can only play games that can be paused and saved at anytime.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I was gonna post just to let you know that I like the idea but the games you are interested in aren't really my cup o' tea these days.

I've found that if you pick one game, especially if it's a coop game, you can get a set group of people who are willing to meet on a schedule and run through a specific game multiplayer. I know I'm personally not particularly interested in a Wednesday night (for example) gaming session where the game is TBD that night or whatever.

As my son has found out, I want to play what I want to play, and I don't want to play anything else, no matter how good the something else might be.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah I'd love to play something with someone. The question is just what and when.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
raydude

Post by raydude »

I can definitely sign up for once/month as long as it's the weekends - preferably friday or saturday night. I'm on Eastern Standard Time.

I have BF1, Overwatch, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Pulsar: Lost Colony on PC.

Watch Dogs 2, TitanFall 2, The Division on PS4.

I have more games and other genres too, those are just what popped into mind as far as easy drop in/drop out group or coop play. In particular I'd really be up for a monthly grouping for Pulsar: Lost Colony. I think it would be awesome to get a long-term crew together to pilot a spaceship, explore planets, and die glorious deaths.

Anyone here use Discord? It's a free VOIP PC and mobile app that lets you do persistent web-based virtual channels, multiple channels and text, and so on. My real-life friends and I have been using it for VOIP when playing Overwatch and other PC games and so far it sounds great. If we have a persistent #OO channel then folks can just pop in whenever, see who's on and see whether or not they want to join a game.
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

This discussion is reminding me of the gold ol days with Ghost Recon.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dobberhd wrote:This discussion is reminding me of the gold ol days with Ghost Recon.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd always manage to shoot Brian in the ass at the beginning of the maps, leaving him limping at half speed for the rest of the fight.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Blackhawk wrote:
dobberhd wrote:This discussion is reminding me of the gold ol days with Ghost Recon.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd always manage to shoot Brian in the ass at the beginning of the maps, leaving him limping at half speed for the rest of the fight.
That's kinda what I'm going for here. Minus the ass shooting of course.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Wait, no one said there was going to be ass shooting.

I'm in.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I'd love a group. I've been wanting to dabble in GTA Online, but I'm on the PS3 and never really done the online thing with it, nevermind the fact that everyone seems to have moved on to the PS4. So, that said, it already leaves groups fragmented with a smaller pool of players. In general, I've just never been able to connect with anybody to get anything done.

On the PC side of things, aside from having started playing Chivalry recently, I don't really do much online gaming.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'd love the option to get together and play but would hate the commitment (and breaking it all of the time)... And honestly board games would also appeal to me most. :oops: I'm not very twitchy, so I've never been much for adventure/shooter games and Starcraft was the last RTS I really got in to.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Grifman wrote:I'd like to team up with somone(s) on The Division.

I'd be in for this 1-2 month. Or an action RPG. I am notoriously flakey when it comes to gaming though. I have a bad case of the

oh look a shiny marble.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, I'm not much of an FPS guy and am kind of a flake due to childcare responsibilities, especially on the weekends. A couple of hours isn't too much to ask, but a couple of hours at a specific time with no flexibility *is* too much to ask.

It's also looking like games that I either don't own or have no interest in. I'm more of a tabletop simulator type. Alternately, stuff like Helldivers, Titan Quest, Path of Exile works. Also, GZDoom with Brutal Doom mod is amazing, and I imagine it'd be even better in coop.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'd consider buying Titanfall 2 or the Division if there was a steady group playing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

When the hell did we all get old?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Bush and Obama administrations.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

For PC, Helldivers would be fun. Not sure what else I've got there.

PC time for the next month is pretty inconsistent however, as we're in the middle of a remodel and living at the MIL's place, but the gaming rig is still at home.

Edit - could always do some TF2 or L4D. I think the laptop can run those ;)
Last edited by Pyperkub on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:When the hell did we all get old?
Gimme another 10 years and I am up for anything... I mean until bedtime... so you have until 7pm.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote:Gimme another 10 years and I am up for anything... I mean until bedtime... so you have until 7pm.
That already happens more often than I'm happy about.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Blackhawk wrote:When the hell did we all get old?
It was probably around the great OOtage!

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'd be game for this. I'm West coast, so if it was a weekday it would have to be late enough I can get home from work. Weekends would be best. I am game for shooters, so most of what you listed would work for me. I'm not much into MOBAs, though. PC, though, not XBox for me. I have one, but using a controller for shooters is like steering a car with your knees and about as effective for me.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Overwatch late evenings or a PBEM
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I don't suppose you have Vermintide (pc)? That's probably the newest shooter I have.
Of course, since we've played L4D2 together, you already know I'm not that good a player.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

I do not. Sorry.

I'll look into it though.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Vermintide is a great coop game and it's fairly cheap.