Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Brian

Re: Looking for group

Post by Brian »

Here's Jennifer's run if anybody is interested.

With that huge helmet on, she looks like a Spaceball. :)

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

i forgot to tweak the sound again. So, sometime around 1AM, my brain was starting to shut down. I was trying to throw out a drone so someone could watch a back entrance while we defended the defuser, but I missed. I picked up the drone, tried to throw it again, but got the wrong key. Then I got the other wrong key. Then I said a bad word. I'm sure Brian will be along tomorrow to post it from his point of view.

This one is actually from a couple of weeks ago. BD and I were playing together. I started to climb up and started getting ready to breach. BD then went down right above me. I went up and helped her up, then started back down to finish my breach. I couldn't find the charge, so I figured that I had cancelled it and never finished placing it when I broke away to help BD. I hit the breaching charge key again, then found my charge.

This last one was actually me having something go right.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

I also forgot to check my voice recording so you'll have to watch the following without my voice input.

For example, this one where a tango had the drop on Bob and Blackhawk and I said, "He's behind you!" I think I winged Blackhawk a bit but it was better than the alternative.

Edit: Actually, after watching this again, Blackhawk got the kill on that one. So, good job! :)

Blackhawk decides to charge the remaining baddies. It doesn't go well. Keep an eye out for the blood spray. :)

Here's the view from my perspective where Blackhawk done kerplodes me but good.

Here I make a hole, drop down, find a bad guy, take care of said bad guy, and then get absolutely rinsed by Bob when he follows me down the hole.

Here a baddies shield gives gravity and physics a big middle finger.

Blackhawk once again charges in. An effort was made.

Wherein I stumble upon all the remaining bad guys.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 am Blackhawk decides to charge the remaining baddies. It doesn't go well. Keep an eye out for the blood spray. :)
I saw the five second mark hit. We'd won. I figure at this point that a few extra Renown for staying alive isn't as important as a good laugh, so I go in for the occasional end-of-round blaze of glory. Do note that the spray of blood isn't mine. That was the terrorist in the hallway who bumped into my knife as I ran by him. I just didn't quite make it to the second guy.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Looks like the new content unlocks on the 5th.

Looking forward to playing the new map and maybe trying out Dokkaebi's shotgun.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Going to be late tonight. Wife's car is in the shop so I have to pick her up from work at 7pm.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I may or may not be there tonight. I'm feeling like blech. I will be around regardless, but I don't know that I have it in me to focus for that long that late.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I still won't be there. :cry:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Brian

Post by Brian »

C'mon man! Get that new computer and join us when the new map & operatives drop next week!

:horse:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Not that easy.

It sounds like UPS has approved the claim. Supposedly they are going to write me a check for the entire insured amount (which is actually slightly more than I paid for the computer).

But who knows when I'll get the check...

Then I have to make a decision. Do I ask CyberPower to repair the computer? My last interaction with their Support left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. I'm assuming that I can demand that they send the computer back to me (and I'm betting that they will charge me shipping). Then I can either get it repaired locally or purchase components and repair it myself. Of course, I missed all the nice CyberMonday sales. So it's not going to be cheap to replace a 1080 video card and a motherboard. Plus, I don't really like working with the processors. More fragile than I'd like. Oh... and I really don't know if replacing those two components will be enough. It's possible that something else also got damaged.

Or I could demand they send it back and then purchase another computer from somewhere else. Though that is likely to cost me more than the insured amount. Of course, I might be able to save a little by cannibalizing my computer for upgrades for the new computer.

The easiest thing is probably going to be to have CyberPower repair it. But I'm not thrilled about that option. Especially since I suspect that some of their components are sub-par. So I could end up having it die again in the near future.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

A friend kicked off an online project that will be stalled until I help out on a couple of things. That will be at some undefined time, and I need to be available. I may be late, or I may be really late.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Three quick ones from last night.

Blackhawk playing as Sledge gets the rare hammer kill.

Magic floating nitrocell bomb!

Bad guy doesn't quite make it through the hole as planned.

Brian

Post by Brian »

The update for Operation: White Noise is available now.

It's a 22G patch so you'll want to get it before Thursday night if possible.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Thanks for the heads up.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

Dokeabbi's shotgun is pretty good at takedowns but only two shots and a slow reload means you'd damn well better hit your target in the head if there's a group of them.

Fortunately, her backup machine pistol is top notch. To the point where it's almost easier to carry that as the primary and fall back on the shotgun as your backup.

Since the shotgun isn't much more powerful than any of the Marksman Rifles (which carry substantially more ammo), I'll probably stick to Blackbeard and Buck. Incidentally, Dokeabbi's other rifle choice is also a Marksman Rifle (the M14) but it doesn't seem to hit as hard as Buck's CAMRS (Canadian version of the L1A1) or Blackbeard's SR-25 so I likely won't be playing Dokkaebi much at all since her gadget ability is completely useless in Terrorist Hunt.

The other new Assault Operator, Zofia, has a nice LMG that can take a suppressor but does so little damage it takes multiple hits to bring a target down so expect to reload her 150 belt ammo a lot.

Didn't try out the new Defensive Operator, Vigil, yet but he carries the same shotgun as Dokkaebi so I imagine the results would be similar.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My game was really off tonight, but I did get a couple of clips, both from that defend the hostage map where we almost ran out of ammo, both from terrorists getting lost on their way to us.

Brian

Post by Brian »

So I guess it's my turn. :cry:

My computer shit the bed this morning.
I can't get it to boot up at all and I'm not getting any display.

I'll see what I can do to get it back up and running.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Stand over it and press your "Use" key.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I remapped my Use key and don't remember the key binding!!!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Launch the game and check the menu, duh.

I may be sitting tonight out, too, as I may have company over. To be honest, I'm also getting a little burned out on R6. The co-op is fun, but they didn't put a lot of effort into it. I was hoping that the new operatives would pique my interest again, but only one out of the three is in any way useful outside of PvP multiplayer. I'm going to keep playing, as I love hanging out with all of you, though.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Definitely going to be out tonight. Looks like it's the motherboard.
I've got a new one on order and it should be in tomorrow so we'll see if that resolves the issue.

As for getting burned out on R6, I can see that.
If you want to move on to another game for a while, I'm sure we can all accommodate that.

Anything in mind? I'd still like to play through all of the missions in GTA5 Online. They require 4 players so that might work.

I am, of course, open to additional suggestions.
Bad Demographic

Looks like Bob and I are the only ones on tonight - is there any way to contact Omahawley to see if he's expecting to play? If he plans to play, we will. If not, we'll probably go do something else.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

I can text him. Gimme a minute or two.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As long as we don't let the group die out. I've had more fun in the last year than I've had online in a long time.
Brian

Post by Brian »

No response from Dave so looks like tonight is a bust.

Hopefully my PC will be back up by Sunday.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Brian wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm Definitely going to be out tonight. Looks like it's the motherboard.
I've got a new one on order and it should be in tomorrow so we'll see if that resolves the issue.

As for getting burned out on R6, I can see that.
If you want to move on to another game for a while, I'm sure we can all accommodate that.

Anything in mind? I'd still like to play through all of the missions in GTA5 Online. They require 4 players so that might work.

I am, of course, open to additional suggestions.
Sorry for missing the past couple get-togethers. I've been hooked into COD:WW2 on the PS4 but I will try to make the next Sunday and Thursday. After that I'm on vacation and won't be able to play until Dec 31.

As for suggestions, anyone here played helldivers? Played it on the PS4 and I see it's on Steam. It's great fun but there is a huge opportunity for accidental clusterfucks - which are hilarious by the way.
Brian

Post by Brian »

My PC is still down (motherboard was not the issue) and I'm not sure when it will be back up.

I've got a few more things to try before I toss in the towel completely but I likely won't be available tonight (or the next few nights maybe).
raydude

Post by raydude »

Our neighborhood Christmas party is tonight, so I'll be out with the family. Hoping to see you guys on Thursday.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Video card appears to be the culprit. I will have to contact CyberpowerPC tomorrow to see if they can RMA the video card for me.

Assuming they can, it will be however long the RMA process takes before I'm up and running again.

That is, unless I can justify the expense of buying a new video card which doesn't really seem feasible at the moment.

If I buy a new card I could do either of the following:

1. Buy the same make/model video card (GeForce GTX 980 Ti - about $490 on Amazon) which could have me up and running by Thursday. Then, when the replacement comes in I could either: a) install it along with the new one and configure them in SLI mode or, b) sell the RMA'd card for about $400 or so

2. Buy a newer card such as a GTX 1080 TI for about $700 or so and then sell the RMA'd card when it comes in

I think I'll likely just RMA the card and wait for the replacement. It will suck to be without my PC but I do have a laptop so I can still use that for everyday internet/email usage.
Bad Demographic

Bob and I will be on tonight in case anybody wants to join us.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not sure if I will or not. I've had company for the last four days straight, and they just left about five minutes ago. I'm about spent.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Thursday my ex-wife will be having significant surgery clear down almost to Kentucky. I'll be her 'designated recovery assistant' (I've helped her through three surgeries and two births), and I have no idea what time I'll be back. When I do get back, I'll have a freshly-chopped person in the house that will need my attention.

It is unlikely that I will be free. I will try and drop in if it works out, though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

To be fair, those births were your fault.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was a baaad boy. :oops:
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm happy to report that my PC is back up and running.

What I'm not so happy to report is the resolution. So, PC wouldn't boot up completely. It would go through the motions but then I'd get a blank screen. I checked the mobo for any error codes and it gave me a couple of different ones as I commenced trouble shooting. The first was a boot ready code which seemed like, it should be booting then, yes? Then it gave me a couple more codes that didn't really help. Googling the codes indicated that it was a bad mobo.

Unfortunately, due to the move from NE to AZ, I left pretty much all of my parts and technical tools back in Omaha. I had no boot disks, no SATA to USB to check the SSD, no spare video cards, memory, mb's, etc. Not even a bootable flash drive.

So, in desperation I called a local tech support guy hoping he'd be able to provide me with some answers. He did what I'd already done and googled the error codes and told me, "you need a new motherboard."
Well that was $80 well spent.

So, I ordered a new mobo from Amazon with next day delivery (It's really nice living in the same town as an Amazon hub)

New mobo arrived and installed.... nothing. I double check all of the items I'd moved over from the old PC to make sure everything (CPU, memory, etc) was seated properly. Still nothing.

On a whim I decided to attempt to log on. To my surprise, I notice that I actually am getting logged on because one of my peripherals (Logitech G13 gaming pad) goes through it's display cycle which it only does after logging on.

So, I guess my PC is working after all. It must have been the video card since I had no way of testing it without any spares. So, I put the old mobo back in and box up the new mobo to send it back to Amazon for a return.
AS noted previously, the video card is still under manufacturers warranty so now I have to decide what to do to get up and running while I go through the RMA process.
In the meantime, I run down to Best Buy and pick up the cheapest video card I can so I can test it.

Pop in the new card and .... nothing. Shit.

Run diagnostics again and this time I get a new set of error codes on the original mobo that definitively say, "yo, time to get yourself a new mobo cuz this one's done messed up but good."

Goddamnit. I've already returned the other one.

So, this time I run down to Fry's (the only reason I went to BB before was because I was meeting my wife for lunch and it was nearby) and buy a new mobo again. I also picked up some additional memory to bring me up to 32G total RAM.

Bring everything home, put it all together, install the el cheapo video card and power it up. Nothing. WTF?

Again, I try logging in and sure enough, I'm getting logged in but still no video.

Wait... no... it couldn't be.

I unplug the Display Port cable and instead use an HDMI cable I had nearby. BOOM! Everything works.

A goddamn $20 cable was the entirety of the problem.

Anyway, I'm back up and running and looking forward to gaming Thursday night if anybody's up for it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And my streak continues. This Sunday is my youngest's Christmas concert, so I will be out of town until sometime later in the evening, plus I'm still helping my ex recover from surgery.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Continuing to toss out ideas for a new game(s) to try for our game nights:

How about Ultimate Chicken Horse, 7 Days To Die, or Stationeers?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Any chance we can update the thread title for the week's game? Last time I poked my head in, this was ll Vermintide, and I just picked it up on the xBox One free with Games with Gold, and wanted to see if peopel were interested, and now I have no idea what game is being played as the most recent page doesn't say despite having 20+ posts on it :(
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Currently we are playing Rainbow Six: Siege although there has been some recent talk of switching to a new game for a while. Also, when Vermintide II comes out next year I expect we'll be switching to that.
TheMix

Re: Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

Post by TheMix »

And I am still out of the picture. I actually went to the UPS Store today to try and find out what is going on with the claim. After almost 2 hours on the phone with UPS (during which time we were transferred 4 times and told that it was "waiting on a repair quote" and "it was voided"), we finally found out that the claim is currently suspended. Apparently UPS sent the store 1 whole email requesting info and then suspended the claim when they didn't get a response.

UPS has requested a 3rd party quote to repair the computer.... I'm sure CyberPower will be able to get one from Dell... or HP... :grund:

So I requested the info from CyberPower. I'm assuming that they will only be able to give me their quote to repair. Then I'll likely have to fight with UPS to get that approved.

What a @#$%ing joy this has been.

Black Lives Matter