Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

TheMix

Re: Looking for group

Post by TheMix »

Engines of War on Hard. 3 Tomes and 1 Grimoire. Rolled my first 7 and got the orange item and the achievement!

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Nice! I ran Black Powder on hard and got the key for my orange shield and hammer. I'd prefer a shield and axe, but the hammer is better than what I had. The traits suck, though. I need some oranges to melt down.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Very Nice, TheMix!

And like you and Blackhawk, I ran Black Powder on hard and cleared two contracts at once. But I only rolled a 1, so got a green.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I made an attempt at Ramparts on nightmare. It went poorly. I'm getting a little frustrated - the character I prefer is pretty thoroughly neutered in nightmare, while I am simply not all that skilled with the alternative.
Bad Demographic

Blackhawk wrote:I made an attempt at Ramparts on nightmare. It went poorly. I'm getting a little frustrated - the character I prefer is pretty thoroughly neutered in nightmare, while I am simply not all that skilled with the alternative.
I can join you a little later if you'd like. Right now I'm helping Bob through levels, mostly on normal.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Brian wrote:I'll be out for Sunday nights game since the wife and I are going to see a special screening of Night of the Comet.
I'll also be out this Sunday night.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Likely out as well due to the presence of youths in my home.

Mix, give 'em hell.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hah. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Failed The White Rat on Hard. Bot stupidity FTL!

Two of the bots were at about 1/3rd health with health packs. And there was a potion on the ground. Right before the ogre. Neither one would heal. So, naturally, they went down pretty fast as soon as the ogre showed up.

Dropped to Normal so I could finish the contract. I'll save that frustration for another day.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Man the Ramparts on Nightmare with bots. Got a little iffy a couple of times. Managing them can be a bit tricky.

Black Lives Matter

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just a heads up. I'm not playing Vermintide much if at all lately. I got sick and when I recovered I took a week off video games to get caught up on work and such. After that I kind of lost interest in the game.

So thanks for letting me play with you guys and sorry for bailing. Good luck with your rolls. :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Managed to get my orange bow for Kerillian (who I never get to play in groups). Almost immediately paid for the ammo expansion upgrade. I wish the ammo count wasn't so low.

From testing in the Inn, it seems like the poison has a splash effect. Is this actually the case, or just a visual effect?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I believe that that is an effect. I occasionally seem to see my bot create small clouds that will sometimes take out other rats.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sonuva....

Finished defending the Wizard's wards on Normal... and then remembered that I was supposed to grab the grimoire. :o :grund: :grund: :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

After several tries, got through Wizard's Tower w/grimoire twice.
Note to self: unless playing with all people (no bots), take the first grimoire. I could never get the bots to follow me to the second grimoire.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Try not dropping through the hole. Go left instead of right. Then around the long way (it's a big circle). They might follow you then.

Isn't that one on Hard? I applaud your gumption. :D I haven't felt brave enough yet to tackle The Wizard's Tower on Hard with bots. I'm expecting them to be terrible. "Bots don't jump."

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just got stomped twice in a row due to bots. The first was on hard because they engaged the rat ogre in a five foot wide tunnel (and because I hadn't found a single ogre bomb or healing item in that run.) The second was on Ramparts. Yes, bots, it is a good idea on Nightmare to engage a horde of Stormvermin in the middle of a glass cloud. I'm sure that will work out beautifully.

I'm bleeding. Does this please you?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:I'm bleeding. Does this please you?
:lol:

I'm thinking of trying to get a quiet/silent weapon (probably a crossbow) that does massive damage and can zoom. To see if I can use it to pick those guys off from a distance. The problem is that when I get close enough to throw a bomb, my bots usually charge in. I need to be able to try and kill some of those Stormvermin from a distance (and hope that the rest don't aggro).

Black Lives Matter

morlac

Post by morlac »

Vermintide can be had for $6.45 (higher than average) on Humble Bundle. Great price for just that game plus all the others its coming with. Very tempted, I just don't have time to play it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-8
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well that sucked. Tome, Grimoire, at least one cursed die.... But no way am I going to be able to protect the wards on Hard. Didn't even come close.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well @#$%. Just did a little reading and found out that I only needed to protect one ward. That would have been easy. :grund: :grund: :grund:

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

TheMix wrote:Well @#$%. Just did a little reading and found out that I only needed to protect one ward. That would have been easy. :grund: :grund: :grund:
Sorry - I should have mentioned that I was able to succeed with only one ward left.

By the way - I tried staying in the center and shooting the skaven that were attacking the wards and it doesn't work very well. Maybe if two of us were shooting, but not with just one.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well, it works fine on Easy. Maybe on Normal. It does not work on Hard.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Anyone saving the for from the forces of evil tonight?
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'll be there.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'll be around. I have a couple Nightmare Well Watchers that I'm tempted to try. Up to everyone else though.

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

I should be there, too. And I, also, have some Nightmare-level contracts.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, count me in!

I'll likely run the wizard. I've had much better luck with her than the dwarf. Honestly, I think I just suck at the dwarf. I find that if I fireball the crap out of enemies (especially hordes) at a distance, I can thin them down significantly, then melee when they're up close. I've also learned that the fireball (charged attack) itself does very, very little friendly fire damage passing through people (like two points) unless you're actually inside of the AoE when it hits the ground or a special (hitting regular rats doesn't detonate it.) Not to say that I won't avoid shooting people, but if someone walks in front of a fireball it will only do a small fraction of what a single Skavenslave hit would do.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Suuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee...... :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

BURN BABY, BURN!!!!!!

:D

Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Looks like I can play Sunday.

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Today, one of the new quests is for an Orange trinket - while equipped, Luck is increased by 100%.
Looks like that's for increasing your chance of a loot die. Looks good but I don't know what the base luck of finding a loot die is.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Saw that. Too bad I'm half way through another quest. Guess I'll have to wait for it to come around again.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I may have to log in and see if I can't finish up my current quest.

I wonder if those trinkets are cumulative if multiple people carry them?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote:I may have to log in and see if I can't finish up my current quest.

If it`s the trinket I`m thinking of, it only increases the odds of a die dropping, and only the person opening the chest increases the chance. I`m not sure how loot rats work. Possibly whoever gets the killing blow.

In any case, the luck trinkets are not cumulative.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote:I may have to log in and see if I can't finish up my current quest.

No non-DLC key contracts today. So you likely aren't going to have much luck there.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote:

No non-DLC key contracts today. So you likely aren't going to have much luck there.
Unless I logged in the last couple of days and grabbed the two key contracts that were on Easy...

Ran Morr on Normal (BD jumped in halfway through), then Ramparts on Nightmare. I unlocked a really nice blunderbuss for the Reiksguard. Healing, 11% chance to split the projectile, and 99% chance to penetrate targets. It's now hoard mower. The healing isn't ideal (I prefer on-kill for high damage, slow weapons, and it is on-hit), but for a character that's usually a bot, it's fine.

Took the trinket quest. Double the chance for loot dice = probably one per level, and that means better rolls will be had by all.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Some good tonight, some bad.

I did a quick test, and if you go back by the inventory chest near the spawn point, switch to a new weapon, then switch right back, it refills your ammo. There are a couple of levels (Wheat & Chaff, Waterfront) where you pass back by the spawn during the run. It is an easy way to get a full ammo refill in a pinch.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Day 3 of no key contracts. They aren't doing very well with enticing me to play. :grund:

And my irritation is actually making me less interested in buying the DLC, not more. So if that's their plan, that's not working too well either.

Black Lives Matter